BIG BERNIE

Miller Jambo 60

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bomber Harris
I also heard a story years ago about him being "intercepted" en route, on mission to fire bomb the hall being used for a practice session by the Rising Phoenix Republican Flute Band.

I assume it was on an evening when band practice was actually taking place :)

I assume it was on an evening when band practice was actually taking place :)

Would that make it acceptable or unacceptable?

met him one night at haymarket and one of his auld dugs, think it was rover 5 or 6 ,took off across the road chasing another dug, bernies reply was ..... must be a catholic dug .......:107years:

winston churchill
I'll be suprised if anyone really knows why he got the 'Lightbulb' tag. But i think we can safely assume it was his mammy that called him Jimmy.

it's because he is as bright as;)

he also used to play pretend drums in eric browns, when there was a live band on.

Miller Jambo 60
met him one night at haymarket and one of his auld dugs, think it was rover 5 or 6 ,took off across the road chasing another dug, bernies reply was ..... must be a catholic dug .......:107years:

You had to be there ;)

coppercrutch
Your comment is no so smart now eh? Never underestimate the power of foresight.;)

Carol you are losing it.

Still one more page to go !! ;)

But seeing as you are quite dirty looking I will let you off. Anything for a lame excuse to upload a filthy pic of Vorderman...:dribble:

ed_imgSNN0718B_265_23404a.jpg

Pure filth.

This next link is to a website called 'Bapwatch' !!! They have an entire section dedicated to her !!

http://www.bapwatch.com/Carol/index.htm

I wonder if it is run by a certain poster...:)

coppercrutch
Hand full :)

I couldn't provide the same for her.

Maybe a thimble full if I am lucky....:sad:

SAUSAGECANDLES.jpg

His repuatation is well known on the green side of the city too...

I remember the story about his Dogs' demise, I also remeber him walking into the Central Bar, above the old ABC and confronting a large group of CCS boys and making accusations about the demise of the dog. I think he took a few sair ones that night. This would have been around the late eighties?

If memory serves me right, he used to sport a natty line in bolier suits?

I also heard a story years ago about him being "intercepted" en route, on mission to fire bomb the hall being used for a practice session by the Rising Phoenix Republican Flute Band.

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE - Like a lot of things written about Bernie on this thread.

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE - Like a lot of things written about Bernie on this thread.

I was at the Central Bar incident, so unless I was knocked out and imagined the whole thing, I don't believe it to be garbage.

I also must have imagined the police locking everyone in the Central Bar in the ABC and the big glass doors getting smashed so that folk could get away.

Maybe Bernie made up the story about his dog being killed?, but he certainly made reference to it just after he walked into the bar and just seconds before he left.

Sadly, the bloke that told me the story about targeting the Flute Band, passed away a number of years ago, so I can't verify this one. Just repeating a story that I had been told.

Have a nice day.

Sydney from Sydney

Is there photo of this Bernie, maybe on wanted poster so we all know when he's approaching ?

Is there photo of this Bernie, maybe on wanted poster so we all know when he's approaching ?

Oh, you'll know..although he might be wearing his TV celebrity outfit with the pointy white hood. I believe the movie rights are being negotiated with a working title of "Midlothian Burning".

I was at the Central Bar incident, so unless I was knocked out and imagined the whole thing, I don't believe it to be garbage.

I also must have imagined the police locking everyone in the Central Bar in the ABC and the big glass doors getting smashed so that folk could get away.

Maybe Bernie made up the story about his dog being killed?, but he certainly made reference to it just after he walked into the bar and just seconds before he left.

Sadly, the bloke that told me the story about targeting the Flute Band, passed away a number of years ago, so I can't verify this one. Just repeating a story that I had been told.

Have a nice day.

Centre Bar......

Want to play for a ?5 ?

:rolleyes:

He's a year or two younger than me so he's well past 55. And he was a MOD or I'm blind.

was in the year below me at Craiglockhart primary so he's 50/51 i'd guess. Stayed on Ashley Terrace (no.67 maybe?), mucked about with him a lot in those days. He got the name Bernie because he looked a bit like a young Bernie Winters. Was just an ordinary kid then, lost his way when he hit puberty.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've met Bernie before. He asked my mate if we were Celtic fans as he had never seen us before and my mate was drinking Guinness. It was when we went to watch a Celtic v Hearts game on Polsat or whatever at Robbo's. He then went on to abuse a black taxi driver, and Asians in general. Nice guy. :confused:

He got the name Bernie because he looked a bit like a young Bernie Winters.

The dog that's referred to in a few previous posts....was it called Schnorbitz? :P

Archived