BIG BERNIE

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Going back in time but is the big man still about.

He had his dog at dk heid ran on the pitch.

Big laddie and a pure jambo.

Update:)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

And whatever happened to 'Jimmy Lightbulb'?

I sure the fanzine Still Mustn't Grumble claimed that he became a doctor in Mexico!

Although I now know that was slighly incorrect!

Buffalo Bill

Going back in time but is the big man still about.

He had his dog at dk heid ran on the pitch.

Big laddie and a pure jambo.

Update:)

In robbo's most weeks.... during the game.

Incedently I seen him punch a boy off his feet last season.

Miller Jambo 60
In robbo's most weeks.... during the game.

Incedently I seen him punch a boy off his feet last season.

Thats the bear Kenny but no need to punch someone.

we will catch up and have a beer.

Winston Ingram

There's a Bernie thread on here every six months!!

Am sure someone told a story once about having a Jimmy Riddle in his tea or something...?!!

Miller Jambo 60

Am sure someone told a story once about having a Jimmy Riddle in his tea or something...?!!

What:dribble:

Thats the bear Kenny but no need to punch someone.

we will catch up and have a beer.

We will I'm sure... think I'll be on the porty bus to Ibrox.

Winston Ingram

I dont know the guy. Only encounter was when I was having a wazz in Robbo's once, and two lads came out of the same cubicle.. This Bernie character was standing beside me, and started laying off about how "in my day" there was no "drugs or poofs in Gorgie" and only "fighters".

The lads shuffled past. I just nodded and did likewise. :confused:

Miller Jambo 60
We will I'm sure... think I'll be on the porty bus to Ibrox.

Going with the Robbos bus.

Can see it kicking off through there after the HEARTS RESERVES have pumpted them out the champions leauge.

I WISH:)

Miller Jambo 60
I dont know the guy. Only encounter was when I was having a wazz in Robbo's once, and two lads came out of the same cubicle.. This Bernie character was standing beside me, and started laying off about how "in my day" there was no "drugs or poofs in Gorgie" and only "fighters".

The lads shuffled past. I just nodded and did likewise. :confused:

Good move mate:)

Billy the Jambo

The man is an arse .A couple of years ago after a match i was in Robbos after the game i went to the bog for a wazz in walks Bernie and said to me who the feck are you i havent seen you in here before are you a Hearts supporter .The thing is Robbos is my usual haunt before and after games when i am not working.I confirmed i was a supporter and i called him an arsehole he challenged me to a fight i declined the offer but told him i wasnt scared of him he muttered something left the bog and sat in his usual seat looking over at me and pointing me out to his mates .Nothing happened though but i still get the evil eye from him when i go in to robbos

Miller Jambo 60
The man is an arse .A couple of years ago after a match i was in Robbos after the game i went to the bog for a wazz in walks Bernie and said to me who the feck are you i havent seen you in here before are you a Hearts supporter .The thing is Robbos is my usual haunt before and after games when i am not working.I confirmed i was a supporter and i called him an arsehole he challenged me to a fight i declined the offer but told him i wasnt scared of him he muttered something left the bog and sat in his usual seat looking over at me and pointing me out to his mates .Nothing happened though but i still get the evil eye from him when i go in to robbos

He is a bam :confused:

Winston Ingram

Wish the boy with the story about pishing in his tea would come on.. think he was doing work in his flat or something and "laced" the tea after Bernie annoyed him!

Aye,

He's in Robbos all the time, complete with Vest and Jobbycatchers, it's all the rage in Milan!

Miller Jambo 60
Aye,

He's in Robbos all the time, complete with Vest and Jobbycatchers, it's all the rage in Milan!

So Rab C Jambo

Chip Buttie

I sure the fanzine Still Mustn't Grumble claimed that he became a doctor in Mexico!

Buffalo Bill

I saw 'Lightbulb' a few months back, but not in Meheeco.

winston churchill
I saw 'Lightbulb' a few months back, but not in Meheeco.

does he still have the chuck berry tash.

Year ago before Robbos - Green Tree days, we're playing the Irish.

2 of them come to the door, full hoops rig out. Bernies on the door and says, "you can come in but you have to take the scarfs off".

Soft bassas do it and walk in, don't think they got 3 feet inside the door before they got pummeled.

Sick.

Doctor FinnBarr
Year ago before Robbos - Green Tree days, we're playing the Irish.

2 of them come to the door, full hoops rig out. Bernies on the door and says, "you can come in but you have to take the scarfs off".

Soft bassas do it and walk in, don't think they got 3 feet inside the door before they got pummeled.

Sick.

That was 2 mhanks from Blackburn! I was in the Green Tree with the hun that had arranged to meet them. He took an awful kicking that night!

:wacko:

Isaac Begbie

Buffalo Bill

I used to travel on the Porty Hearts bus in the 80s and remember Jimmy Lightbulb getting onto the bus at Perth when we'd stopped on the way back from Pittodrie. Seemed a bit of a cult hero but i was only about 13/14 at the time and had no idea who he was/is.

Any info on who he is & why the name?

bilstonjambo

Big Bernie works in the same office as me. Dont know the man personally though.

Big Bernie is indeed still alive and well,

although unfortunately his backs gone a wee bit now so he cant indulge in

his favourite passtime ie.. leathering anybody entering Gorgie wearing green.

oh well auld age doesn't come itself as they say.

Adi Dassler

He was sat outside Robbos about an hour ago when i passed on the bus.

That vest is never off his back.

it was me:) and it was his homemade soup!

Dougie Masterton

Big bernie couldn't fight sleep. An arsehole of the highest order.

Big Bernie works in the same office as me. Dont know the man personally though.

You must work beside my pal then...

Big bernie couldn't fight sleep. An arsehole of the highest order.

100% correct, even my younger brother gave him a slap a good few years ago!

All mouth and no action even in his younger days IMO

J.T.F.Robertson

Does he have long, (unkempt) salt 'n pepper hair and is he covered in tattoos? If so, I saw him a number of times, sitting in that wee alleyway at the side of Robbos, when I was back a few weeks ago.

Looked a pleasant enough bloke. :)

Imeantasong
Does he have long, (unkempt) salt 'n pepper hair and is he covered in tattoos? If so, I saw him a number of times, sitting in that wee alleyway at the side of Robbos, when I was back a few weeks ago.

Looked a pleasant enough bloke. :)

Hair - Yes

Tattoos - Yes (including King Billy I seem to recall)

Pleasant - Sour faced

jambos are go!

IIRC Bernie was a MOD when he was a teenager. Hard to believe now. Can't be much off 60 now.

J.T.F.Robertson
IIRC Bernie was a MOD when he was a teenager. Hard to believe now. Can't be much off 60 now.

I could see him in a mohair suit, right enough. :rolleyes:

Smoked-Glass

I was having a pee in robbos and berni (obviously a bit drunk) say ALRIGHT YOU, YOU'VE GOT GINGER HAIR SO YOU MUST BE A CATHOLIC?!

I said no i'm not

OH SO YOU'RE A RIGHT GOOD PRODDY THEN?

Naw not really into any religeon mate

So that was a lucky escape even though my hair is not bright ginger.

Another time he berni was banging on the a cubical door shouting "RIGHT YOU! GET OUT OF THERE NOW I NEED A SH111TEE!!

Apparently that's how he gets the druggies out of the toilet cubicals.

white supremasist....ashamed that he supports the same team as me. I used to live in the same street as him in Dalry...would hear him singing his hun pesh on his way home every saturday night...no black in the union jack, etc etc grade A **** wit.

He was sat outside Robbos about an hour ago when i passed on the bus.

That vest is never off his back.

where else would you wear it :)

Adi Dassler

He sits outside the back of the BMC in the "beer garden" early doors (12ish) on matchdays before he relocates along to Robbos.

He smokes they poofy wee brown fags and drinks something orangey in a small glass.

I have to say it's not very becoming for a guy of his size and reputation.

The Real Maroonblood

Robbos sound like a lovely place to go for refreshment.

Archived