Alan Gow & Derek Riordan ?

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Now that would something, the old firm would be really ****ed off if we signed those two guys and they scored a barrowload of goals against them. Personally Gow cannot get into a **** poor Rangers team so he must be crap, as for the other one he can score goals but would be in the same situation as ( Miller ) at Rangers getting abuse all the time unless he scored tons of goals for us.

Grumpy.

Drylaw Hearts

Why would the OF be really p'd off at us buying 2 players that can't get a game for their them ?

Why would the OF be really p'd off at us buying 2 players that can't get a game for their them ?

He said they would be delighted if they signed and then scored loads of goals. I'm sure Rangers were delighted when they punted that fringe player Niemi to some team a few years back....

Jamboscanbevicius

Wouldn't take Gow TBH.

Would much rather see Driver develop as a left winger, and Gow scores precious few goals so I wouldn't be too keen on him up front. Therefore no sense in signing him!

Wouldn't take Gow TBH.

Would much rather see Driver develop as a left winger, and Gow scores precious few goals so I wouldn't be too keen on him up front. Therefore no sense in signing him!

When Gow was at Falkirk he was never prolific but as an all round player he is streets ahead of what we have at the club. Technically gifted and can create chances. Would you rather stick with Makela , Mole and Elliot???

yep its defo 2 players i wouldl ike to see at tynie. we could do with some competition for places. It worries me that fact that we look as if we are going intot he new season with makela/mole and glen. too much pressure on young glen and the other two just dont do it for me

how much you reckon we could get gow for? 200-300K? think that is around the mark vlad would be willing to spend on a player atm.

Drylaw Hearts
how much you reckon we could get gow for? 200-300K? think that is around the mark vlad would be willing to spend on a player atm.

I think Rangers will be happy to get him off their wage bill.

Free transfer.

colinmaroon

If Deek did come, I don't think we would need Gow!

Billy the Jambo

Why the fascination about Gow he is no better than what we have at Tynecastle at the moment .I wouldn,t waste money on him.

Why the fascination about Gow he is no better than what we have at Tynecastle at the moment .I wouldn,t waste money on him.

Have you seen what we have at the moment???

Billy the Jambo
Have you seen what we have at the moment???

Unfortunately yes i have .But i don,t rate Gow i dont think he would bring anything to the team

TBH the fact Gow has a first touch and has reasonable movement would put him streets ahead of what we currently have in the forward positions!

Unfortunately yes i have .But i don,t rate Gow i dont think he would bring anything to the team

I'm affraid I have to disagree Billy.

He is a creative striker who knows where the goals are and brings other players into the game. Intelligent runner and was very highly thought off by the Bairns. I remember reading an interview with Yogi and he said that Gow was just as important to the team as Stokes. Think he would stroll into our current team and would be good for the likes of Glen and Mole. Also think we need to add a De Vries/Sandy Clark type player.

LarrysRightFoot

I think Riordan and Gow are a little similar, as they both drift to the left, but could still play in the same team and I hope that team is Hearts.

Gow is not a striker, he is a link between the midfeild and strikers - something we need. Riordan although he likes to drift is more of a striker.

We could possibly play gow at the tip of a the diamond in a 442 or if we were switching to a 5 man midfield play him as thesupport to the striker. This is all IMO of course.

I think Riordan and Gow are a little similar, as they both drift to the left, but could still play in the same team and I hope that team is Hearts.

Gow is not a striker, he is a link between the midfeild and strikers - something we need. Riordan although he likes to drift is more of a striker.

We could possibly play gow at the tip of a the diamond in a 442 or if we were switching to a 5 man midfield play him as thesupport to the striker. This is all IMO of course.

Totally agree Larry. Think we need more players who are adaptable like Gow.

Archived