Eye Witness Report/+Rangers Legend

gowestjambo

gowestjambo

Just back from Castle Greyskull where I was invited to hospitality. Throughly enjoyable evening amongst the thousands of moaning rangers fans!

For the first half Kaunas played as well as I have seen Hearts perform against them, and showed no fear against their more illustrious opponents, and actually had more shots on goal.

As the second half wore on a Hearts moment occurred when the Kaunus playmaker was subbed! After the brazilian disappeared so did Kaunus chances of scoring!

Perennial Hearts target Mendy excelled in a defensive midfield role, and if we were short of that type of player (which we are not) he would make a usefull addition!

Kaunus offered little up front and began to defend deeper as the second half wore on (notice the similarity?), but in the end won a deserved share of the spoils, much to the huge annoyance of the rangers fans.

Velika came on but was anonymous and made little contribution (much to my pleasure!)

Surely if they can come to Ibrox and perform, why do we appear to be caught in the headlights and freeze?

Rangers and their fans were completely subdued, and made me wonder why we struggle so much when we play them!

Highlight of my evening was when I was introduced to Rangers legend, Jimmy Miller, who was there as a former player and host. Upon being introduced to Jimmy as a Hearts supporter, he delighted me and ****ed off the other Rangers supporters in the box, as he told everyone he was a life long Jambo!

As someone who remembers him hammering in goals against us, he confided he hated scoring against us, bur revelled in scoring against hibs rangers and celtic!!!

A true Jambo, we discussed Hearts for the rest of the evening must to the annoyance of his other guests!!

So all in all, a very pleasant evening, rangers in disarray, fans truly disgruntled, and meeting another Jambo in wolf's clothing!!

Who said we would never go back to ibrox??

gowestjambo
Who cares this is a Hearts board .

I thought some people might like to know, whats your problem?

If you don't think this is relevant, I'm wondering about where you come from.

Nice to find out about Jimmy Millar -- my dad was always saying he was a great player in his day -- now I know why --it was in his genes.

wee eckyfump

I`ve been in jimmy Millers company a few times and he`s a gentleman and a true jambo, nice wee story mate.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Like it or not, Kaunus have relevance to Hearts

Why ? care to enlighten us

Is Gowestjambo , Romanov in disguise or a fan of a crap 80's pop band

gowestjambo
Why ? care to enlighten us

Is Gowestjambo , Romanov in disguise or a fan of a crap 80's pop band

If you need to be enlightened, then I for one will prefer to leave you in the dark!

Carl Spackler

So 0-0 then? I was on the golf course so don't know anything of this evening's goings on. Interesting to hear the blue noses were subdued. I've heard from a hun mate they are humpty at present (what's new?) especially because of the Miller signing. This perhaps had something to do with it.

EDIT (the more recent Miller signing by the way!)

Good story GoWest. :thumb:

Were there any Kaunas players who looked like they could do a job for us?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Honestly , just because they got a draw with a mediocre Rangers team

Kaunas are now effin world beaters on here

and as forgoing to Ibrox to watch the game , well enough said

Did someone half-inch your biscuit at playtime? :rolleyes:

Who said they were world beaters? Not me.

They are owned by the same individual who owns Hearts and who has brought players from them to us. Think there's a chance this may happen again although hopefully with more input from Csaba.

If I had been offered hospitality for this game I'd have gone as well each to his own

Who said they were world beaters? Not me.

They are owned by the same individual who owns Hearts and who has brought players from them to us. Think there's a chance this may happen again although hopefully with more input from Csaba.

If I had been offered hospitality for this game I'd have gone as well each to his own

indeed so would i

Thanks for the post. I think most Hearts fans would be pretty interested to see how Kaunas played v Rangers. Like it or not, they are relevant to us now.

sad mate very sad, did you actually read the OP's post or did you just focus on the rangers refernces, considering the entire post is from a hearts perspective...and the fact that several huns wer hacked off at one of their idols confessing his true colours in front of them...you dont think thats hearts related?????

Independence
Just back from Castle Greyskull where I was invited to hospitality. Throughly enjoyable evening amongst the thousands of moaning rangers fans!

For the first half Kaunas played as well as I have seen Hearts perform against them, and showed no fear against their more illustrious opponents, and actually had more shots on goal.

As the second half wore on a Hearts moment occurred when the Kaunus playmaker was subbed! After the brazilian disappeared so did Kaunus chances of scoring!

Perennial Hearts target Mendy excelled in a defensive midfield role, and if we were short of that type of player (which we are not) he would make a usefull addition!

Kaunus offered little up front and began to defend deeper as the second half wore on (notice the similarity?), but in the end won a deserved share of the spoils, much to the huge annoyance of the rangers fans.

Velika came on but was anonymous and made little contribution (much to my pleasure!)

Surely if they can come to Ibrox and perform, why do we appear to be caught in the headlights and freeze?

Rangers and their fans were completely subdued, and made me wonder why we struggle so much when we play them!

Highlight of my evening was when I was introduced to Rangers legend, Jimmy Miller, who was there as a former player and host. Upon being introduced to Jimmy as a Hearts supporter, he delighted me and ****ed off the other Rangers supporters in the box, as he told everyone he was a life long Jambo!

As someone who remembers him hammering in goals against us, he confided he hated scoring against us, bur revelled in scoring against hibs rangers and celtic!!!

A true Jambo, we discussed Hearts for the rest of the evening must to the annoyance of his other guests!!

So all in all, a very pleasant evening, rangers in disarray, fans truly disgruntled, and meeting another Jambo in wolf's clothing!!

Thanks for the update.

I am always interested in any team that annoys Rangers especially one with strong Hearts connections!

Come on Kaunas in the next game!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this. Looks like Kaunas did pretty well, hopefully in the second leg they can finish the tie with a win.

Nice to hear about Jimmy Miller too, he was probably as happy to eet you as you were to meet him.

Cheers

J

Thanks for the post. I think most Hearts fans would be pretty interested to see how Kaunas played v Rangers. Like it or not, they are relevant to us now.

Thanks for the info some of us are interested!!!!!:)

grumpyjambo

When do the schools go back?

Go you.

Keep fighting the good fight.

gowestjambo

No one really stood out apart from the brazilian playmaker, who I dont think would get a work permit!

Kaunas were pretty well organised, and showed no fear, but if our new manager was looking for new recruits, I think he will need to look elsewhere!

How did Kancelskis play - always felt he was one who never got given a chance with us?

mod edit

The lads only saying he was through at the game and giving his thoughts on the Kaunas team and if there are any decent players and letting folk know that a player from yesteryear is a jambo. Have you had a bad day love?

How about next time you keep yer ersey posts to yourself?

Stewart MacD

Thanks gowestjambo. Not just for the match summary, but for the Jimmy Millar bit.

I remember him playing against us (and humping us) along with Ralph Brand and Diving Davie Wilson. Always seemed a clean player, despite playing for the evil ones.

gowestjambo
How did Kancelskis play - always felt he was one who never got given a chance with us?

He played pretty well at full back. I think we played him at centre half and I dont think he was tall enough to play there.

Against rangers he put in some solid tackles, and was one of the better Kaunas players.

The game is being shown today on Huns TV at 6 and 8.15. Should be interesting to see how Mendy etc played.

gowestjambo
Nice wee post go west,

shoud be jkb's kanus resident scout!

what u got to loose.

Right I accept, any time they play in Scotland - I will be on the case!!

On yer bike, son.

You'll notice that the forum description in the "Tyncastle Topics" lobby describes The Terrace as for "discussion of all things related to football and HMFC.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is a football match report not related to football? Regardless of whether it is Hearts related (which incidentally it is, given that it is one of our domestic rivals playing in their first competitive game of the season).

There, happy? I didn't even mention the glaringly obvious link we have with Kaunas.

Hmmmm. A post on a club within 'the pyramid' playing one of our greatest rivals, with ex-JT's on both sides (and potential JT's on at least one). Oh, and a story about an Ibrox legend who turns out to be die-hard Gorgie.

Yes, what on earth could that have to do with a discussion about hearts ...

:wacko:

Toxteth O'Grady
J

Pretty sure I saw Jimmy in Edinburgh recently.

Does he live at Chesser ?

hoof.hearted
Pretty sure I saw Jimmy in Edinburgh recently.

Does he live at Chesser ?

He sure does. Know him well. Told me how himself & Ralph Brand used to travel through to Glasgow on the train, discussing how they would loved to have played for the Hearts.

hoof.hearted

And you can't see the relevance ? If it doesn't interest you........ don't read it, and definately don't reply to it. I'm sure you can find something else to do with your hands !!;)

gowestjambo
He sure does. Know him well. Told me how himself & Ralph Brand used to travel through to Glasgow on the train, discussing how they would loved to have played for the Hearts.

Funnily enough I also met and spoke to Ralph Brand, I never realised he was another of us! (seems half the rangers team at that time were made up of jambo's Sandy Jardine, John Greig, Jimmy Miller and Ralph Brand)

Pity our scouting at the time was obviously pretty poor!

Archived