EGM

Katie-Moo

Thought about it but decided against.

No doubt I'll lose my small share of the club tomorrow as I'll be surprised if they don't decide to "force" a sale of the remaining (non UBIG) shares.

Thought about it but decided against.

No doubt I'll lose my small share of the club tomorrow as I'll be surprised if they don't decide to "force" a sale of the remaining (non UBIG) shares.

I haven't heard it reported that is one of the resolutions.

Another poster on a previous thread suggested that even after the swap and creation of new shares, that a squeeze out is not possible in this situation.

cobbyshambles

im not-i thought about it but it's not worth making time up at work for based on the whitewash of the last two i went to.

Cut The Crap
I haven't heard it reported that is one of the resolutions.

Another poster on a previous thread suggested that even after the swap and creation of new shares, that a squeeze out is not possible in this situation.

This move will give UBIG and its subsidiaries control over 95% of the stock, which would be enough to allow them to purchase the rest of the shares if that's what they want to do?

Having said that, I don't really see the point.

This move will give UBIG and its subsidiaries control over 95% of the stock, which would be enough to allow them to purchase the rest of the shares if that's what they want to do?

I know it's not much of a point but it would allow UBIG (or whoever) to hold club AGMs with no outsiders attending.

That was my initial thought - that a squeeze out would be possible.

However another poster (at the time when the swap was announced - and a credible poster at that) suggested that a squeeze out would not be allowed as the shareholding didn't go through the % threshold through a takeover.

Very low key.

No RR or VR or Pedro.

Sergi chaired the meeting - what a difference he is compared to that erse RR.

Cut The Crap
That was my initial thought - that a squeeze out would be possible.

However another poster (at the time when the swap was announced - and a credible poster at that) suggested that a squeeze out would not be allowed as the shareholding didn't go through the % threshold through a takeover.

Fair enough. As I said, I don't really see the point anyway.

Very low key.

No RR or VR or Pedro.

Other than the swap, were there any other resolutions?

the voice from above
Very low key.

No RR or VR or Pedro.

has it been?

nothing noteworthy at all?

has it been?

nothing noteworthy at all?

Honestly nothing at all except I shook Csaba's hand at the ticket office - I think he thought I was press where I was merely enquirying about Rangers tickets.

Hagar the Horrible

Did not go, but having now been passed Hearts have freed up ?12m of the debt and as such released some capital as we will also make ?600k saving per annum on Interest alone?

Where are all the Hoboeconomists when you need them to assure us this is still a bad thing? Because the Hibs model where Petrie keeps the ?millions in his sky rocket has certainly worked wonders over there? as their squad has been pilfered, they have not scored in about 20 hours of hoofball, and Mixu is getting fatter and balder by the day.

I might go over to havingnodebtandplayingstilllikebrazilwithoutbeingabletoscoreanygoalsliksy.net and ask?

Oh I forgot they are going into meltdown:)

Buffalo Bill

As mentioned, it all very low key and only a couple of questions from the floor on matters relating only to the issue.

One thing that seems certain though is that the AGMs will indeed continue, as some raised fears that it would end as a result of this mornings EGM.

It was all over so quickly, that a few of us ended up in drinking in the Tynie Arms before noon!

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo

It was all over so quickly, that a few of us ended up in drinking in the Tynie Arms before noon!

Buffalo Bill

Good to see you made full use of your time. :P

I might be wrong, but were assurances not given by Romanov previously (possibly at one of the meetings arranged by Kickback) that he was not interested in buying shares owned by fans who just want to own their own little bit of the club?

Guest JamboRobbo
I might be wrong, but were assurances not given by Romanov previously (possibly at one of the meetings arranged by Kickback) that he was not interested in buying shares owned by fans who just want to own their own little bit of the club?

Correct.

Other than the swap, were there any other resolutions?

There were 3 resolutions - all to do with the debt for equity scheme.

ArmiyaRomanova

As BB says, a pretty quick meet - and not very well attended either, at least compared to the last couple of AGMs.

Didn't see a single hand raised in objection as the three resolutions were rubber-stamped in rapid succession.

Can't recall exact numbers, but of the proxy votes, almost 20k votes were for the resolutions, with just under a thousand against.

One wag asked whether it might be possible that future AGMs could be held in Lithuania..... swiftly rebuffed, though it could have put ideas into their head.:P

Just heard on the radio that shareholders who attended agreed 100% with the debt for equity scheme although there were a few postal votes against the motion.

Is there anyone on here who doesn't agree with going ahead with this, and if so, why?

Seymour M Hersh

A couple of questions were asked re small shareholders and I think they were trying to get assurances that the club wont just force us to sell (even if they can) but the guy was a bit hesitant in asking it direct. The lawyer said as shareholders we are all guaranteed certain rights.

Another question from a well known pub landlord was an interesting one. Asking whether future AGMs/EGMs could be taken away from Edinburgh (i.e. Lithuania)?. Sergie asked if that was a request (joke) and again the layer answered theoretically it can be held anywhere but as we are a Scottish company it would be difficult to justify taking out of Edinburgh let alone Scotland.

And that was about it apart from the Lithuanian (guess) crumpet that was milling about afterwards.

As BB says, a pretty quick meet - and not very well attended either, at least compared to the last couple of AGMs.

Didn't see a single hand raised in objection as the three resolutions were rubber-stamped in rapid succession.

Can't recall exact numbers, but of the proxy votes, almost 20k votes were for the resolutions, with just under a thousand against.

One wag asked whether it might be possible that future AGMs could be held in Lithuania..... swiftly rebuffed, though it could have put ideas into their head.:P

Think it was over 95,000 for and 9,000 odd against.

shaun.lawson

In a sense, it doesn't matter anyway - but did anyone ask for clarification on the point I made on here the other week: that the announcement on the website spoke of ?12m debt being converted to shares, and a 30% reduction overall... which would mean our debt had hit ?40m, which post the sale of Gordon, makes no sense at all?

Seymour M Hersh
In a sense, it doesn't matter anyway - but did anyone ask for clarification on the point I made on here the other week: that the announcement on the website spoke of ?12m debt being converted to shares, and a 30% reduction overall... which would mean our debt had hit ?40m, which post the sale of Gordon, makes no sense at all?

Nope.

shaun.lawson
Nope.

Thought not. Ho hum, and cheers anyway: in many ways, none of this matters, because it's UBIG's money, and we're in their hands whatever happens I suppose.

Seymour M Hersh
Thought not. Ho hum, and cheers anyway: in many ways, none of this matters, because it's UBIG's money, and we're in their hands whatever happens I suppose.

Next time get a shareholder to give you their proxy vote then you can submit a written question.

wonder who used 9k shares,to vote against the resolution,even if you totally detested romanov,its surely a good move for the club,wonder if it was our old friend calum sandcastle playing games again.

wonder who used 9k shares,to vote against the resolution,even if you totally detested romanov,its surely a good move for the club,wonder if it was our old friend calum sandcastle playing games again.

Was thinking the same - surely a 'institutional' type of investor - someone like Lancastle.

Is it time to get the pitch forks out again?

A you say - it's only good news for the club.

jambos are go!
Just heard on the radio that shareholders who attended agreed 100% with the debt for equity scheme although there were a few postal votes against the motion.

Is there anyone on here who doesn't agree with going ahead with this, and if so, why?

Not strictly true there were a few abstentions but nobody voted against.

Archived