Incredulous

alwaysthereinspirit

Reduce their allocation to the same % we get at their grounds then up the price by 25% and sell directly to their fans. 1 ticket per fan.

That skuz-bag Murray has been wanting to get rid of away fans (except sellik) from hunbrox for years and has been working toward this.

With the support of Strathclyde police and the Rangers home support - I'm afraid I gave up about 12 years ago when I was threatened with being arrested at Hunbrox for having the audacity to complain about the pies, spit and urine raining down on me.

:mad::mad::mad:

Not only should every club tell the to GTF about their 5% returns, but we should all cut their allocation by half.

Screw em.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ban them completely would be my solution.

However, if we do wish to sell direct to them, it should be 1 per person and only on production of photographic ID. I hope they also enjoy our "ticket handling costs" as well!

Have Rangers ( as I don't actually notice CFC saying anything ) put forward a ANY kind of case for this ?

Bain's just saying "it's incredulous" that nobody sees their point ........well what exactly is their point ?

It's far too amateur, even for the Gers, and I think they are without doubt up to something as regards the ultimate responsibility for controlling their away support ?

Era Macaroons
Surely the small amount of money they will make from this levy isn't worth the hassle . Could it just be that this is a cynical ploy so that when there s**m support continuously shames itself up and down the country next season they can then shift the blame to all the other clubs saying it's not our fault we have no control who is going to away games anymore . Which no doubt the s.f.a and spl will back them up removing the threat of points deduction , fines and any other sanctions they have been threatened with in the past .

i dont really buy this.

its still their fans regardless who gives them tickets.

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't see why our staff at Tynecastle should to be subjected to hoardes of these neanderthals turning up to buy tickets.

We should set up a separate ticket "office" somewhere in Leith, preferably Cables Wynd staffed by a couple of jakeys picked up from the weej.

Seymour M Hersh
Naw, one ticket for every two fans. Let them fight over it. :cool:

One's for the knuckledragger the other for their parole officer!;)

Seymour M Hersh
Surely the small amount of money they will make from this levy isn't worth the hassle . Could it just be that this is a cynical ploy so that when there s**m support continuously shames itself up and down the country next season they can then shift the blame to all the other clubs saying it's not our fault we have no control who is going to away games anymore . Which no doubt the s.f.a and spl will back them up removing the threat of points deduction , fines and any other sanctions they have been threatened with in the past .

That's a very good point. I wonder what their real agenda is and when the rest of us will hear about it?

Blessing in disguise for all non OF teams.

Database accrued of all OF fans who register for tickets. Banned from one ground = get no more tickets for all away games, EVER. Police able to identify who is singing the "folk songs" from CCTV - identify the seat, arrest the culprit during the week.

Exactly the way to clean up the OF travelling support in my opinion. There are decent OF fans out there but they don't go to away games because they don't belong to the supporters clubs who get the tickets.

If all 10 non-OF clubs do this together it might be possible that by next season there will be no "party tunes" sung at away grounds. Wouldn't that be bliss.

Spot on with what you are saying, will be great if the clubs deal with offenders like you suggest.

IMO this is what the OF pair know should happen , but they are unwilling to tackle the problem as they do not like to either upset the fan base or admit there is a serious problem with fans at away games. By putting forward the idea of the charge for tickets, they

can stand back from the problems with their away support, as they have no link to the tickets sold.

Hagar the Horrible

I do notice is that Celtic are quite happy to let Bain make an even bigger fool of himself, and sit back?

Read this Bain

If your Club cant sell tickets to the home support (ergo last nights fiasco) then how can you manage to sell them for away games:p

I think what has happened is as follows.

Some years ago Celtic and Rangers stopped distributing away tickets via supporters clubs as the Police complained that this system meant they could not identify individuals. This in turn increased demands on their ticket offices and, allied to cost benefits, these were outsourced. In Rangers case to a Murray subsidiary and in Celtic's to Ticketmaster. Incidentally both sets of supporters moan about the level of service.

As the clubs now had identifiable costs associated with selling away tickets they have, obviously in conjunction with one another, come to the view that they do not want to bear the costs of selling their competitors, products. Whether this amounts to 5% I have no idea but the principle is sound. If clubs want them to organise the sale of their tickets they pay for the service and if they don't they sell the tickets themselves. It is of course open to the other clubs to reciprocate. What I have severe doubts about though is whether this unilateral course of action is compatible with the SPL rules about making a reasonable number of tickets available to visiting fans. While the OF would argue that they could still buy them from the home club the fact remains that the SPL rules were drawn up within an established system of the visiting team selling the tickets free of charge. If the clubs were so minded I would have thought there would be a strong case of legal action to prevent any disruption of the status quo until the SPL had had the opportunity to debate the issues and perhaps frame new rules - such as REQUIRING member clubs to sell away tickets free of charge.

I don't see why our staff at Tynecastle should to be subjected to hoardes of these neanderthals turning up to buy tickets.

We should set up a separate ticket "office" somewhere in Leith, preferably Cables Wynd staffed by a couple of jakeys picked up from the weej.

There are already enough in that area, they are known as Hibs or wee team supporters, so why bring their relatives through from Glasgow to further pollute the city ??

Archived