Incredulous

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Want to know what's incredulous Mr. Bain? You. Where do you get the gall to be mad because teams dont agree with your way of doing business. What a turd.

Want to know what's incredulous Mr. Bain? You. Where do you get the gall to be mad because teams dont agree with your way of doing business. What a turd.

Eh?

Eh?

You will need a link from the Express I think. He is saying that it is incredulous that Hearts, Falkirk, Dundee Utd and an other will not pay the ticket surcharge and sell tickets themselves.

Apparantly the buckfast loyal/brigade fans have been subsidising other clubs for years. Higher costs, poorer facilities blah, blah, *** blah

Remind me again how he managed to get on the board of the SPL?

He finds it incredulous that we aren't falling over ourselves to give them the 5% for the away ticket sales.

And Old Firm fans wonder why nobody likes them?!

Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen fans might not like each other, but i'm glad to see that we all agree on something.

The Old Firm are a disease of Scottish Football, they are quite openly trying to make themselves richer and the poorer clubs poorer.

You, Mr Bain, are incredulous as the opening poster stated.

He really really looks a nasty bit of work.

Like some sadistic debt collector or something.

Indeed.

Baldy Bain.

At it again.

Bolt!

Fozzyonthefence

Apparently Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk & Dundee Utd have all told the OF to GTF & will sell the tickets to the OF fans themselves.

Hopefully the other 6 clubs show the same backbone & tell them to GTF too (& request that they all get a 5% handling charge for selling away tickets for Ibrox & Celtic Park - don't know why none of the clubs have countered with this, as it seems an obvious & suitably childish thing to do!)

FTOF

H J Simpson

I wonder if he will be taking the 5% cut in unmarked notes and delivered in a paper bag.

I Ferkin HATE that ^^^^ more everyday!!

How I wish that the OF all Fekd right off...No way they'll be allowed down south, but SURELY, with all that is GREAT about the Bigot Brothers and their followers, Someone will want them!! :mad:

Bain said he was disappointed at the reaction, adding: "The actions we've taken are in the best interests of our fans and the club.

The above quote from him is the reason why most clubs have told them to GTF. Why should the other clubs be expected to act in the best interest of Rangers and their fans. The sad thing is that he can't see what is wrong!

marshallschunkychicken

He looks like a total blouse in real life.

Asked me for directions in Colinton village once, clocked my Hearts top, then went and asked someone else.

Guest JamboRobbo

"It's incredulous that, despite our attempts to explain this rationally to other clubs, some of them refuse to accept our approach," he said.

Bain said he was disappointed at the reaction, adding: "The actions we've taken are in the best interests of our fans and the club."

Mr Bain, you're second quote explains the reaction of the other clubs.

Of course they are incredulous that you expect them to accept an approach, which as you admit yourself, is in the best interests of YOUR fans and club.

I find it incredulous that they ever thought we would agree to this ridiculous surcharge!

notable that Murray has let Bain run with this?

as Tam Cowan said on Saturday hopefully the OF supporters can see this for what it is, the OF clubs trying to snatch further wealth from an already debilitated opposition and make further gain at the cost of their own fans.

As this policy will ultimately lead to clubs like the jambos selling tickets on a first come first served basis the various supporters clubs will be up in arms that their own clubs have put a spanner in the works of their guaranteed block booked tikcet allocations.

Hopefully they'll recognise this and turn on their own power and cash hungry franchises for what is no more than unashamed greed.

also interesting to see only Jim McLean has had balls enough to decry this in print.

Bain said he was disappointed at the reaction, adding: "The actions we've taken are in the best interests of our fans and the club.

The quote above is just all 'we are the OF and we deserve a cut of your money because without us....blah blah blah', selfish and money grabbing.

"We hope this is recognised by our travelling support, despite the complicated and difficult route that may now exist to obtain tickets for fixtures that were once easy to obtain."

This one though, especially the last part, why not hold up their hands and say 'fair cop, lets scrap it and carry on'? Why are they just giving up and allowing other teams to send out the tickets when it's obvious their own fans will be annoyed at this new set up? Is it because they hope other teams will crumble to their demands or is it just that they want to offload the problem of away fans onto other clubs, even if it means them running with a full database of names and possibly handing them over to the police if any trouble occurs?

Not that I'd like to credit the OF with brains but taking out the idea about offloading the away fan problem, it could very well deal with the ****bags that turn up at Tynie and allow banning orders to be handed out, while the OF can say 'nowt to do with us'.

Could they be that sneaky though?

Hopefully the other 6 clubs show the same backbone & tell them to GTF too (& request that they all get a 5% handling charge for selling away tickets for Ibrox & Celtic Park - don't know why none of the clubs have countered with this, as it seems an obvious & suitably childish thing to do!)

I think this was part of the bigot brothers proposal already. The trouble is, the likes of Killie will sell a few hundred tickets when they go to Ibrox/Parkhead and so the 5% they make from that will be nowhere near the 5% they will lose when they give the old firm 7 or 8,000 odd tickets.

At the end of the day, its in the SPL rules that no club can deduct a fee for selling tickets to another clubs ground and 100% of the ticket money must be handed over. Therefore, the 10 clubs should just send a suitable response - I'm happy for them to use the template below:

Dear Old Firm,

With regards to your recent proposal of robbing 5% of OUR ticket money - UP YOURS.

Yours sincerely,

Insert Chairman's name

Blessing in disguise for all non OF teams.

Database accrued of all OF fans who register for tickets. Banned from one ground = get no more tickets for all away games, EVER. Police able to identify who is singing the "folk songs" from CCTV - identify the seat, arrest the culprit during the week.

Exactly the way to clean up the OF travelling support in my opinion. There are decent OF fans out there but they don't go to away games because they don't belong to the supporters clubs who get the tickets.

If all 10 non-OF clubs do this together it might be possible that by next season there will be no "party tunes" sung at away grounds. Wouldn't that be bliss.

Auld Reekin'

"It's incredulous that, despite our attempts to explain this rationally to other clubs, some of them refuse to accept our approach," he said.

He's also only semi-literate, not that this should be a surprise to anyone. "Incredulous" means "unbelieving, showing disbelief", therefore HE could be "incredulous" but IT could not.

"Incredible" was the word he was probably searching for, but failed to find.

Back to school, Mr. Bain. :dunce:

He's as bent as they come... nasty barsteward who has made a fair few bob shuffling players around through rangers books.

Dodgy as hell.... more bent than Vlad.

MacDonald Jardine
The quote above is just all 'we are the OF and we deserve a cut of your money because without us....blah blah blah', selfish and money grabbing.

This one though, especially the last part, why not hold up their hands and say 'fair cop, lets scrap it and carry on'? Why are they just giving up and allowing other teams to send out the tickets when it's obvious their own fans will be annoyed at this new set up? Is it because they hope other teams will crumble to their demands or is it just that they want to offload the problem of away fans onto other clubs, even if it means them running with a full database of names and possibly handing them over to the police if any trouble occurs?

Not that I'd like to credit the OF with brains but taking out the idea about offloading the away fan problem, it could very well deal with the ****bags that turn up at Tynie and allow banning orders to be handed out, while the OF can say 'nowt to do with us'.

Could they be that sneaky though?

It's an obvious argument.

"We have nothing to do with anyone there. Had we sold the tickets who tjey went to would have been monitored. It might have been folk we have banned yada yada."

Database accrued of all OF fans who register for tickets. Banned from one ground = get no more tickets for all away games, EVER. Police able to identify who is singing the "folk songs" from CCTV - identify the seat, arrest the culprit during the week.

Exactly the way to clean up the OF travelling support in my opinion. There are decent OF fans out there but they don't go to away games because they don't belong to the supporters clubs who get the tickets.

If all 10 non-OF clubs do this together it might be possible that by next season there will be no "party tunes" sung at away grounds. Wouldn't that be bliss.

Completely agree with this, and said as much on a thread about this subject a few weeks ago.

It's a real opportunity to the rest of the SPL to get together and act on the large poisonous minority of the old firm away fans.

I have no problem with football supporters of any club coming to Tynecastle to support their team. I do have a problem with IRA propogandists, bigots and such like. This is perfect opportunity for the SPL to deal with this.

Of course, in doing so we would also have to take decisive steps to put our own house in order...

It?s a pity that Planet Hearts no longer gets published. We could have inserted (a) token(s) for OF fans to submit with their application for the away section at Tynie.

Its Hearts ticket office staff I feel sorry for. As things stand, I hope Hearts make an effort to sell as many seats as possible to Hearts fans for the Roseburn, thus limiting the OF allocation to as low as possible. Personally, I?d rather see the end empty that have OF fans there.

Goldstone Wonder

He's also only semi-literate, not that this should be a surprise to anyone. "Incredulous" means "unbelieving, showing disbelief", therefore HE could be "incredulous" but IT could not.

"Incredible" was the word he was probably searching for, but failed to find.

Back to school, Mr. Bain. :dunce:

The point I was going to make. I am incredulous at his inarticulacy - which I find incredible.

It?s a pity that Planet Hearts no longer gets published. We could have inserted (a) token(s) for OF fans to submit with their application for the away section at Tynie.

Its Hearts ticket office staff I feel sorry for. As things stand, I hope Hearts make an effort to sell as many seats as possible to Hearts fans for the Roseburn, thus limiting the OF allocation to as low as possible. Personally, I?d rather see the end empty that have OF fans there.

The Hearts ticket office are bound to make a huge balls up of the whole thing :mad:

Any lawyers out there able to advise......

This 5% fee thing seems to have been announced by both members of the OF working together.

Are they allowed to do that?

By "colluding" in this way, is it possible that they have broken any competition law by acting as a cartel (clutching at straws here) or (more likely) any of the rules of the SFA?

profile_w245_h245.jpg

Cnt.

At the end of the day, its in the SPL rules that no club can deduct a fee for selling tickets to another clubs ground and 100% of the ticket money must be handed over.

This point sums it up.

Years ago (pre-SPL) the gate money for all games was split, I think it was about 70-30. The OF argued that this was unfair due to the size of their home gates compared with other clubs (a fair point IMO) therefore the rules were changed to allow the home club to keep 100% of gate money.

This was at the insistance of the OF and now they want to change the rule that they themselves brought about.

Moe Szyslak
This point sums it up.

Years ago (pre-SPL) the gate money for all games was split, I think it was about 70-30. The OF argued that this was unfair due to the size of their home gates compared with other clubs (a fair point IMO) therefore the rules were changed to allow the home club to keep 100% of gate money.

This was at the insistance of the OF and now they want to change the rule that they themselves brought about.

This is just another step towards achieving the same objective, i.e. to screw as much money as they can out of the other clubs.

It wouldn't stop here either. Next they'll argue that they should keep all the ticket money paid by their own fans, home and away.

Era Macaroons

With you and Blairdin on this;

We can now stop the away tickets being distributed to the 4 or 5 biggest bams in every OF supporters club across Scotland . We can now control who will represent the OF fans in our stadium.

Thig Ar Latha

There is a simple answer to all this, but the OF don't have the bottle to do it. If the OF want to charge 5% for an admin fee then they should add it on to the price of the tickets when they sell them to their own fans. The break down would be obvious.

Ticket Cost ?20.00 plus Admin Charge ?1.00, Total Payable ?21.00.

Simple and easy, except their own Fans will complain.:cool:

rumbles1874
This is just another step towards achieving the same objective, i.e. to screw as much money as they can out of the other clubs.

It wouldn't stop here either. Next they'll argue that they should keep all the ticket money paid by their own fans, home and away.

if we sell the tickets then all the supporter clubs will spit the dummy's out as it was said these are all blocked booked and then dished out, so if we sell them why not limit them to 2tickets per person this is another way to brake up the groups of knuckle draggers who sit toge there and sing theses songs, also will be easy to spot the ones who cause the trouble so i say the OF can get to. the only down side is if they refuse to buy tickets from us then we are out of pocket!!!

Era Macaroons
There is a simple answer to all this, but the OF don't have the bottle to do it. If the OF want to charge 5% for an admin fee then they should add it on to the price of the tickets when they sell them to their own fans. The break down would be obvious.

Ticket Cost ?20.00 plus Admin Charge ?1.00, Total Payable ?21.00.

Simple and easy, except their own Fans will complain.:cool:

Wait for the complaints from folk who run OF supporters clubs when they dont get their allocation as they usually have done.

Thig Ar Latha
Wait for the complaints from folk who run OF supporters clubs when they dont get their allocation as they usually have done.

:)

Good, because we all know who kicked the hornets' nest.

sell them 2 at a time only at our ticket office and make them bring photo id with them,that way if there is any trouble we can finger the culprits......................

the 1st sign of any trouble and bain will blame the fact that they didnt have control of ticket sales,this would stop that excuse....................

make it as hard a possible for the manks to get a ticket and blame bain,thats what i say......................

Seymour M Hersh

Reduce their allocation to the same % we get at their grounds then up the price by 25% and sell directly to their fans. 1 ticket per fan.

That skuz-bag Murray has been wanting to get rid of away fans (except sellik) from hunbrox for years and has been working toward this.

Get the Fringe Office to administer it ?

Sorry.

Not funny.

Reduce their allocation to the same % we get at their grounds then up the price by 25% and sell directly to their fans. 1 ticket per fan.

Naw, one ticket for every two fans. Let them fight over it. :cool:

rumbles1874
Naw, one ticket for every two fans. Let them fight over it. :cool:

lets just give them none ;)

As no doubt someone else will have pointed out, Martin Bain, amongst others it seems, need to look the word up the in the dictionary.

if we sell the tickets then all the supporter clubs will spit the dummy's out as it was said these are all blocked booked and then dished out, so if we sell them why not limit them to 2tickets per person this is another way to brake up the groups of knuckle draggers who sit toge there and sing theses songs, also will be easy to spot the ones who cause the trouble so i say the OF can get to. the only down side is if they refuse to buy tickets from us then we are out of pocket!!!

Our being out of pocket would not worry me.

I suggest we reduce their allocation to the minimum percentage allowed by the rules,( I assume there is one), keeping control of ticket sales ourselves. More of the Roseburn Stand can then be offered to our own fans, with the O.F. fans impersonating empty seats, if they like.

I, for one, would not miss them.

Someone phone the Real Radio Phone In earlier saying there was a SPL rule which says that 100% of the ticket money should go to the home team so the old firm couldn't do this. Surely the SPL wouldn't change the rules just for the OF.......................

The point I was going to make. I am incredulous at his inarticulacy - which I find incredible.

1+

alzamondo jambo

Surely the small amount of money they will make from this levy isn't worth the hassle . Could it just be that this is a cynical ploy so that when there s**m support continuously shames itself up and down the country next season they can then shift the blame to all the other clubs saying it's not our fault we have no control who is going to away games anymore . Which no doubt the s.f.a and spl will back them up removing the threat of points deduction , fines and any other sanctions they have been threatened with in the past .

No sell them an "executive package" 700 tickets @ ?75 plus VAT and insurance ~ ?100 all in. Each attendee will get a personal steward to sit beside them and a personal shooper o sit on the other side of them to fetch their snacks and drinks ?70,000 less stewards fees 1400 @ ?6ph x 2 ~ ?17,000 = ?53,000

or 2000 @?30 less damage charges = ?56,000

4 games ?12,000 shortfall I bet we would all pay ?1 a year for that to happen

:jambobanana::waiting::flagwave:

Archived