Elvis

Radio Ga Ga

Radio Ga Ga

Just received a text from my Blackpool supporting friend, saying Pressley was on trial at the Seasiders last night.

Probably his level now..

Stewart MacD

We know he'll never win the 100 metres: he'd be a great mentor at Tynecastle for the younger players.

Will those with an extra itch please ignore this thread (or se a poxdoctor).

He played last night and they got pumped 2-0 by St Mirren. Looks like Elvis could be well on his way to being finished. As it's been said before he was losing his pace whilst still at us. Think he should just forget playing and move straight into the coaching side where I think he will do a great job, wherever he ends up.

They wont sign him, he's too slow. Blackpool are a bit out of his league now. He should retire, and go for his coaching badges, before he embarrasses himself.

They wont sign him, he's too slow. Blackpool are a bit out of his league now. He should retire, and go for his coaching badges, before he embarrasses himself.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they need to take him on trial (Doncaster I think did the same).

They should know he's good enough and experienced enough from his CV. Unless it's just checking whether or not he still has it which I don't think he does.

We know he'll never win the 100 metres: he'd be a great mentor at Tynecastle for the younger players.

Agreed

Guest Dipped Flake

For what it's worth, here is a hibs fans view of the game that he was at

Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs

I did not know it was 2-0, i left 5 minutes from the end. Pressley was superb in a poor blackpool side. He held them together for the hour he was on. His reading of the game was superb, and he seemed to have lost that annoying habit of falling over every time he was touched.

p.s. St. Mirren scored the second in injury time after Elvis had gone off...

He should retire, and go for his coaching badges, before he embarrasses himself.

Way too late. He did that at the infamous press conference and his subsequent chest-thumping return to Tynecastle wearing the green-and-grey-hoops. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ray Winstone
Way too late. He did that at the infamous press conference and his subsequent chest-thumping return to Tynecastle wearing the green-and-grey-hoops. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its all getting a bit boring now.:dozey:

I feel it is my duty to remind everyone of his treacherous acts and the way he treated the Hearts fans in such a disgusting manner.

Ray Winstone
I feel it is my duty to remind everyone of his treacherous acts and the way he treated the Hearts fans in such a disgusting manner.

You mean your duty to remind everyone of YOUR OPINION that the 'acts' as you call them were 'treacherous' and the way he treated the fans was 'disgusting'?

You mean your duty to remind everyone of YOUR OPINION that the 'acts' as you call them were 'treacherous' and the way he treated the fans was 'disgusting'?

My opinion reflects the views of the vast majority of Hearts fans. Fact. :)

Boab Mugabe

Yet people seem to hold him as some kind of hero for his open show of disrespect to Hearts - spun into some kind of 'GIRUY' gesture against Vlad. I will never forget his disgraceful antics that day and can't understand how folk seem to think it's alright, even in spite of his years as captain.

When you see the dignified manner in which Paul Hartley has conducted himself when playing us it shows Ehlvis up for the chest-thumping thurncoat that he is. :mad:

Ray Winstone

Fact based on you and your mates having a chat down the pub aint fact at all bhoyo.

Miller Jambo 60

My opinion too Tucks you have been living amongst the sheep for too long.;)

Broxburn Jambo

Please do not start this crap again

:eek: Never!! ;)

Its true. I was stunned at the news too. Apologies for the dropping of the bombshell.

If I was being picky I would remind you that it was actually the green and black stripes he wore that day.

Bhoabster.

Guest Dipped Flake

That would be the vast majority of 20% that didn't want him back at Tynecastle, rather than the 'in your eyes' tiny minority of 80% that would welcome him back.......You really are getting funnier and funnier by the day

That would be the vast majority of 20% that didn't want him back at Tynecastle, rather than the 'in your eyes' tiny minority of 80% that would welcome him back.......You really are getting funnier and funnier by the day

No He's not!! His hatred for Elvis is REALLY boring now!! :mad:

I wish he would Just keep picking on that Fat Waste of Bawbag skin, Alex the "Xenaphobe" Salmond...Then I could Agree with everything he posts!! ;)

Come Back Elvis...We Need a Leader!! :cool:

Can I remind you that almost 10,000 Hearts fans - more than half the stadium capacity - stayed away from Robbie's testimonial precisely because the rhodent would be playing. :sad:

This fact speaks for itself.

Can I remind you that almost 10,000 Hearts fans - more than half the stadium capacity - stayed away from Robbie's testimonial precisely because the rhodent would be playing. :sad:

And you have written testimony from every fan who "stayed away" that they did so for that very reason?

Facts, schmacts.

Guest JamboRobbo

LOL. Give us all a laugh and tell us how you got to that figure?

It was boring the first time it got mentioned. As if chest-thumping was some kind of dispicable act up there with bum-raping each and every Hearts supporter. He did it to wind-up Romanov, not the Hearts support, and given the way he was treated I can't really blame him.

LOL. Give us all a laugh and tell us how you got to that figure?

Terapist surveryed a small bunch of his mates down the pub. As he's claimed before, these supporters are representational of the entire Hearts support, far more than a forum with thousands of users, therefore any reason given by his mates applies to each and every Hearts supporter. Obviously.

rudi must stay
Just received a text from my Blackpool supporting friend, saying Pressley was on trial at the Seasiders last night.

Probably his level now..

KZIXCA4TX371CAY2VUB4CA6RZUGWCAS9F74OCAPD93A0CAONTGZKCANFFWVNCA0ZZFNWCAGGAICSCA79P0U4CAVVQQS5CAXT5TAS

there he is.. What a horrible strip that is btw

It was boring the first time it got mentioned. As if chest-thumping was some kind of dispicable act up there with bum-raping each and every Hearts supporter. He did it to wind-up Romanov, not the Hearts support, and given the way he was treated I can't really blame him.

Indeed, I agree, but he should have thought twice before doing it. He must have realised that it would be uncertain as to who his message was directed. Pretty foolish.

You are QUALITY!! ;)

Are you not meant to be on a Plane heading to *Asia/Europe the States*??

on one of your MANY Business trips, before coming home to your Gas guzzling Car or 10'000cc Bike?? (Fek the Planet!)

Or are you Really Just up in your bedroom, hiding from your mother and telling her "I'm with my friends ma...I don't want dinner!!"

Anyway...Alex Salmond...He's a ^^^^ Eh!! ;)

*Delete as appropriate!*

Guest Dipped Flake
Indeed, I agree, but he should have thought twice before doing it. He must have realised that it would be uncertain as to who his message was directed. Pretty foolish.

I also wish he hadn't done it but in no way will I let that one day lessen my regard for him and what he did while a Hearts player and captain.

I also wish he hadn't done it but in no way will I let that one day lessen my regard for him and what he did while a Hearts player and captain.

Indeed. We're all human. We all make mistakes.

Elvis has left the building............

quick run and bolt the door.

Would never accept him back at Tynecastle after his celebrations at that game.

Everyone was totally behind him during his time at Hearts as a player and spokesman for the club so to behave in the way he did that day was unforgivable..

If his reaction was aimed at Romanov and not us the fans why couldnt he have appologised in the media?

Many good memories of him as a player and leader...

BUT can't forgive such actions.

I'm amazed that a figure can be arrived at so easily and I'd be interested to find out how it was calculated. Did those who took this stance sign a petition or letter? Certainly, no-one asked me or my family whether we were going or not. :unsure:

Elvis has left the building............

quick run and bolt the door.

Would never accept him back at Tynecastle after his celebrations at that game.

Everyone was totally behind him during his time at Hearts as a player and spokesman for the club so to behave in the way he did that day was unforgivable..

If his reaction was aimed at Romanov and not us the fans why couldnt he have appologised in the media?

Many good memories of him as a player and leader...

BUT can't forgive such actions.

Me, I can forgive him, but I agree, it wouldn't have been difficult for him to apologise to the fans afterwards and say that it wasn't directed at them. Hopefully one day he'll let us know why he didn't.

Chad Sexington

Shouldn't yhou be on a flhight to Asia around nhow? :rolleyes:

Pants Shaton

The vast majority of traditionalists abhor Pressley.

The vast majority of Hearts supporters continue to acknowledge the years of exemplary service he gave to Hearts and maintain some perspective regarding the, admittedly hideous, sight of his Celtic chest thumping.

His ire was directed at Romanov, he has confirmed that and will continue to do confirm that to anyone who has the 'intestinal fortitude' to approach him rather than snipe, from a position of ignorance, on an internet forum.

The minority view that he elaborately engineered his move to Celtic, via the Riccarton press conference, is absurd and not shared by anyone in the know at Tynecastle. I doubt even Romanov really believes that.

Ray Winstone

The vast majority of Hearts supporters continue to acknowledge the years of exemplary service he gave to Hearts and maintain some perspective regarding the, admittedly hideous, sight of his Celtic chest thumping.

His ire was directed at Romanov, he has confirmed that and will continue to do confirm that to anyone who has the 'intestinal fortitude' to approach him rather than snipe, from a position of ignorance, on an internet forum.

The minority view that he elaborately engineered his move to Celtic, via the Riccarton press conference, is absurd and not shared by anyone in the know at Tynecastle. I doubt even Romanov really believes that.

Actually he was engineering his move to Celtic when he left Rangers all those years ago.

He knew what he was doing via Dundee United an Hearts!

Judas!

I have been one of those fortunate enough to ask the man in person what he was all about having been a bit peeved off about the incident at the time and he was more than happy to explain his actions in a mature and rational manner.

Maturity and rational thought is perhaps just two of the virtues that some on here need to exersise more often.

Broxburn Jambo

You are talking about him confirming the reasons for his actions on that day, please tell me when he came out publicly and said so? He had no problems previously making statements in the public before this. Lets just close the argument by agreeing that what he did on that day makes any position at Tynecastle completly impossible.

You are talking about him confirming the reasons for his actions on that day, please tell me when he came out publicly and said so? He had no problems previously making statements in the public before this. Lets just close the argument by agreeing that what he did on that day makes any position at Tynecastle completly impossible.

Not at all. Nothing is impossible.

I think he's a better player than 2 of the 3 centre halfs we have in the squad. So would be happy to see him back unless we sign a better centre half.

You are talking about him confirming the reasons for his actions on that day, please tell me when he came out publicly and said so? He had no problems previously making statements in the public before this. what he did on that day makes any position at Tynecastle completly impossible, Lets just close the argument by agreeing that.

Ridiculous post. Did you hear the reception he got at Neilson's testimonial? Have you seen the result of the poll asking if people would welcome him back in a coaching capacity?

So you want us to agree to something that flies in the face of all available evidence...why, exactly?

I think he's a better player than 2 of the 3 centre halfs we have in the squad. So would be happy to see him back unless we sign a better centre half.

Don't know if I'd want him back as a player.... but your right, he's at least as good as the current set up... certainly come back as an assist coach ... delighted if he did .... oops, am I in the minority?

Broxburn Jambo
Don't know if I'd want him back as a player.... but your right, he's at least as good as the current set up... certainly come back as an assist coach ... delighted if he did .... oops, am I in the minority?

What coaching skills will he bring? Does anyone think that we have better options--John McGlynn or even Robbo at least they have the skills needed.

And you have written testimony from every fan who "stayed away" that they did so for that very reason?

Facts, schmacts.

I didn't go cos I forgot it was on....

...and it was only Robbie

What coaching skills will he bring? Does anyone think that we have better options--John McGlynn or even Robbo at least they have the skills needed.

If Burley rates him as a coach thats good enough for me. Burley knows more about coaching that McGlynn and Robbo ever will so if he obviously sees something in Pressley then who the hell am I to argue? Obviously Im just ANOTHER one of the MINORITY who would love to see him back in a coaching capacity though.

Facts, schmacts.

Sorry,you'll have to make that 9,999!

Never made Robbie's day as I was still recovering from a hospitality day out on the Saturday in the company of some of the reprobates on here.Sorry,Robbie(belated.)

Sadly,Elvis debates are resembling flag debates these days.Everyone to their own opinion of course but you just know its going to end in a cyber rammy.

Hearts Heritage

Here are the facts.

The last 10 testimonials at Tynecastle

Waiter Kidd Testimonial - Everton - 8171

Eammon Bannon Testimonial - Manchester United - 9001

Gary Mackay Testimonial - Everton - 5575

John Robertson Testimonial - Newcastle United - 11105

Henry Smith Testimonial - Everton - 9213

Craig Levein Testimonial - Coventry City - 3500

Neil Berry Testimonial - Olympique Lyonnais - 6500

Dave McPherson Testimonial - Rangers - 9284

Craig Levein Second Testimonial - Hibernian - 8057

Robbie Neilson Testimonial - Heart Of Midlothian Select - 7000

An average of 7,700. So to try and suggest that a 'full house' was going to turn up was disingenuous to say the least.

I can exclusively reveal a picture of 'the rapist' calculating his crowd figures.

stalin-gde.jpg

Archived