Firefox

keith

I use firefox on my work computer so everytime it asked me if I want it to remember my password I would say no. However its being gay at the moment and seems to remember my password for facebook, hotmail etc which isn't ideal as I don't want anyone else on them. I have tried clearing the passwords etc but can't make it forget them, can anybody shed some light on how its done?

Thanks

Go into tools: options: security and uncheck the remember passwords box.

then clear all saved data. hope this helps.

Suffolk Jambo

Ctrl, Shift & Del will clear the Private Data, including passwords.

You can also set Firefox to delete the data when you close down the browser. Tools, Options, Privacy tab, Always Clear My Private Data when I close Firefox.

Go into tools: options: security and uncheck the remember passwords box.

then clear all saved data. hope this helps.

Right I've done that, closed it down went back and checked the list of passwords it remembers which was empty, but then its still remembering them all!!! Is the computer buggered or am I being stupid somewhere?

Right I've done that, closed it down went back and checked the list of passwords it remembers which was empty, but then its still remembering them all!!! Is the computer buggered or am I being stupid somewhere?

Have you checked the master password box under the same settings?

Have you checked the master password box under the same settings?

I've tried putting a master password on, doesn't work. Whenever I open firefox and go facebook, hotmail, kickback it opens up in my account without asking for anything. Thanks for the help so far, I flippin hate computers!!!

FIXED IT!!! for some reason it was remembering the passwords for the sites listed in the DO NOT REMEMBER PASSWORDS FOR THIS SITE. Computers are dicks!!!

Suffolk Jambo

Go to Tools, Options and on the page where you can set the Clear the Private Data, click on Settings. Make sure they are all ticked. Other than that, I'm stumped too!

Miller Jambo 60
FIXED IT!!! for some reason it was remembering the passwords for the sites listed in the DO NOT REMEMBER PASSWORDS FOR THIS SITE. Computers are dicks!!!

Keith a wee hobo in your pc:)or a big fat Fin;):107years::107years:

Actually not fixed it! still doing it again. This computer is a ******! Thanks for all the help people.

Say What Again

Sorry I can't help you keith but maybe one of the Firefox experts could help me.

During the last week, Firefox has stopped remembering my bookmarks. If I bookmark a page, it does show up - until next time I switch the PC on and it's gone again.

It seems to have coincided with me upgrading to 3.0 though it was working fine for the first few weeks.

Any ideas? :wacko:

Sorry I can't help you keith but maybe one of the Firefox experts could help me.

During the last week, Firefox has stopped remembering my bookmarks. If I bookmark a page, it does show up - until next time I switch the PC on and it's gone again.

It seems to have coincided with me upgrading to 3.0 though it was working fine for the first few weeks.

Any ideas? :wacko:

I've just uninstalled and then reinstalled and its ok again for the moment. What a hassle tho!

Archived