Advice on Tendonitis (heel)

Shaggy2

I think I may have tendonitis in my achilles.

My heel is constantly sore when I move. I can train/play through it but afterwards its bloody agony.

Is it a case of foot up and rest or is there anything else I can do?

Also how long can i expect it to last?

Not medically qualified but had what could be similar a while back.

Left achilles was tender. Could play ( 5s / 7s once or twice a week ) but sore after and sore ( limping even ) first thing on getting up or moving after being still for a while.

I stopped playing for about 2 months and got some foam padding stuff from a chiropodists to stick in shoe under the heel to raise it about half an inch.

Plus stretching before you get up ( pushing your heel away from you and trying to get your toes pointing towards you ) eases the pain. Freeze spray is good too. Fully recovered and back playing but took a knock on the right achilles so will probably have to go through same process again :mad:

Are you sure you don,t have a bone spur in the heel. Of course I say that not being aware of the location of pain in your heel.

I have it on my right heel... I had nodules on my achiles yrs back, not sure it thats it again. Going to physio in a few weeks...

vladtheexhaler

You want to start doing some eccentric calf strengthening exercises when it is no longer painful. Until then bash on an ice pack.

Thanks for all your responses, it sounds exactly as Ayrjambo describes it so i'll try his remedy, after I play in the Hearts Youth Dev game on Aug 31. I'll just have to suffer the pain til then.

And no, I'm not Owen Hargreaves unfortunately, I'm Cristiano Ronaldo;)

I keep getting a shooting pain in my right heel only lasts for 10 seconds or so, but it is very very painful, happens about 10 times a day at its worst.

Any ideas guys??

coppercrutch

I am always amazed by the lack of desire from people to go to a physio !!

They may cost a wee bit but they will probably know instantly what is wrong and how to deal with it. ?40 a shot is not such a bad deal when you think of it this way.

Call these guys:

http://www.edphysio.com/

You get a free 15 monute consultation.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Stop being a girl and play through the pain!

Grrrrrr;)

As CC said, medical help is better than some pretend Dr on here giving advice without a proper examination.

Its your health, dont sell yourself short.

Archived