No trialists then?

innerjambo

The news on any trialists arriving in Germany is begining to worry me. So far we have one guy signed, awaiting a WP, which may not happen. A striker who appears to have dubious scoring record, and no sign of anyone else.

It was stated by Csaba himself that quite a few would be arriving by the end of last week, and he hoped to have some good news by the weekend. If this continues, then I dont hold out much hope for the coming season. Where are these trialists???

If there aren't two or three trialists playing against Hull then I'd be worried.

The news on any trialists arriving in Germany is begining to worry me. So far we have one guy signed, awaiting a WP, which may not happen. A striker who appears to have dubious scoring record, and no sign of anyone else.

It was stated by Csaba himself that quite a few would be arriving by the end of last week, and he hoped to have some good news by the weekend. If this continues, then I dont hold out much hope for the coming season. Where are these trialists???

Apparently cheap manager, no new coaching staff, some expensive players (Tall, McCann, Pinilla, Bednar) off the wage bill ... perhaps there is no money available for players.

dont know. maybe Vlad has told him to wait till FKB V Rangers and to take his pick from them.

Ray Winstone

Where are the two World Cup stars we were promised???

Lets protest!

Snore.......

dont know. maybe Vlad has told him to wait till FKB V Rangers and to take his pick from them.

Would take Ferguson, Naismith, Thomson, Boyd and a few others:dribble:

Ryan Gosling

Lets protest!

Snore.......

WEBSTAR, HEARTLEY, PRESSLIE AND GORDAN WER RIGHT.

Jambof3tornado

Isnt that exactly what was said??

A trialist or 2 for the hull game and a couple from Kaunas(it is a feeder club after all)(not the best feeder club but hey ho!!):dribble:

Lets protest!

Snore.......

yes, go and lie down in a darkened room! :)

I've said it already but i'll say it again, there probably won't be any signings until 11:55pm on August 31st. Everyone else gets themselves organised for the new season by signing players, we get the crumbs that's left, ie..players no-one else fancies. All the best ones will be gone to our rivals and we *****about watching it happen. I hope there'll be at least a couple of trialists but, anyone going shouldn't go expecting to see any.

Apparently cheap manager, no new coaching staff, some expensive players (Tall, McCann, Pinilla, Bednar) off the wage bill ... perhaps there is no money available for players.

Then he should'nt have said, what he said last week then, should he?

Maybe there were a few lined up and they all blew us out! :)

Would rather see us sign players that are proven and don?t need trials so personally I'm not fussed about a big influx of trialists.

Then he should'nt have said, what he said last week then, should he?

Maybe there were a few lined up and they all blew us out! :)

Very possible that players would want to look at other clubs if they have a straight choice between that other club and Hearts.

Ray Winstone
Would rather see us sign players that are proven and don?t need trials so personally I'm not fussed about a big influx of trialists.

You mean like how we signed Bednar, Brellier, Pospisil et al?

You mean like how we signed Bednar, Brellier, Pospisil et al?

Not sure what you mean by that... but I'll explain my self - I dont mind us NOT bringing in loads of trialists, would rather see us bring in player the manager can trust to do a good job.

Ray Winstone
Not sure what you mean by that... but I'll explain my self - I dont mind us NOT bringing in loads of trialists, would rather see us bring in player the manager can trust to do a good job.

I am saying it was through playing them as trialists that they were signed etc.

Therefore I dont see why you would not endorse bringing in some trialists.

I am saying it was through playing them as trialists that they were signed etc.

Therefore I dont see why you would not endorse bringing in some trialists.

hahaha I do endorse it... I just dont demand it, their are other ways to bring players in.

There will be several trialist on sunday

Bad news for us is they will all be Liths

Unless rangers take ten of them.

I miss the good old days.

I agree sometimes i wish we would just go out and sign someone decent who we can all agree on will do a job for us.

There will be several trialist on sunday

Bad news for us is they will all be Liths

Unless rangers take ten of them.

I miss the good old days.

This should be a laugh, unless the latest crop are tens times better than the garbage we get every other season.

Just when we thought there was a shortage of trialists, Dan Wagaluka pops up. Thank ****** for that eh!! :)

Cut The Crap

Is the Rangers-FBK game on TV somewhere? It might provide a more reliable first-look at our new signings than our own game against Hull...

He never promised us trialists at all - he said he hoped that a few wouild feature - they still might, but if not then I am not overly worried yet. If we start losing loads of league games, then I will be.

Flying a kite

What would the reaction be if we witnessed an Osasuna type parachute of 5 Kaunas guys second half against Hull

Guys who hadnt been on the pre-season tour

Guys that would take the places of some of the youngsters who had undertaken all the "together" preseason training to date

How would we react?

Guest Maroon Carpet
I've said it already but i'll say it again, there probably won't be any signings until 11:55pm on August 31st. Everyone else gets themselves organised for the new season by signing players, we get the crumbs that's left, ie..players no-one else fancies. All the best ones will be gone to our rivals and we *****about watching it happen. I hope there'll be at least a couple of trialists but, anyone going shouldn't go expecting to see any.

That's what I like to see, someone with the guts to say it how it is.

Romanov wants success, but doesn't want to shell out for a quality player.

As the saying goes, the more money you have the meaner you become.

Ryan Gosling
Flying a kite

What would the reaction be if we witnessed an Osasuna type parachute of 5 Kaunas guys second half against Hull

Guys that would take the places of some of the youngsters who had undertaken all the "together" preseason training to date

How would we react?

I can't see that happening, mainly because Romanov is aware some of the youths are better than the Kaunas boys.

Buffalo Bill

There is plenty of time before the window closes. Csaba only sleeps three hours a night and will be working his ass of for us.

Don't worry about it man.

Buffalo Bill

Guest Maroon Carpet
If we start losing loads of league games, then I will be.

I think that's inevitable, time will tell.

Guest JamboRobbo
There is plenty of time before the window closes. Csaba only sleeps three hours a night and will be working his ass of for us.

Buffalo Bill

12 days till the season begins though. Just like last year, starting the season unprepared is not going to make things any easier in the weeks ahead.

I can't see that happening, mainly because Romanov is aware some of the youths are better than the Kaunas boys.

It happened 2 years ago...:sad:

Around the time Driver / Berra / Elliot / Mole / Wallace were coming through

Buffalo Bill
12 days till the season begins though. Just like last year, starting the season unprepared is not going to make things any easier in the weeks ahead.

Yes, but Csaba seems to know what he is doing so I'm confident that he can be left to get on with his job.

I'm quite positive he knows the score re squad abilities and timescales.

Buffalo Bill

Ryan Gosling
It happened 2 years ago...:sad:

Around the time Driver / Berra / Elliot / Mole / Wallace were coming through

Yes but Wallace had been in the team for 2 seasons, Driver started that game, Berra started that game, Mole got his debut a month later and Elliot went on loan.

So your example doesn't really work.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes, but Csaba seems to know what he is doing so I'm confident that he can be left to get on with his job.

I'm quite positive he knows the score re squad abilities and timescales.

Buffalo Bill

Agree to an extent. He does appear to know what he is doing. Not sure how much he'll get done in the timescale, and with it being HMFC and all the baggage that seems to come with the teritory.

Yes but Wallace had been in the team for 2 seasons, Driver started that game, Berra started that game, Mole got his debut a month later and Elliot went on loan.

So your example doesn't really work.

Wasnt intended to be either an exhaustive list or an exhaustive example

2 years ago a load of Lithuanians flew into Scotland less than 24 hours before our main pre-season friendly and were parachuted into the second half when they hadnt taken part in any of the actual squad's pre-season training, presumably to the detriment of some of the squad who had been through all of the training - whether young or not

So how would you feel?

Its a question as opposed to opinion

You might say "I'd be delighted" - I dont really care if it is negative or positive just floating the possibility that something that happened previously might happen again (given that we are not making any obvious squad strengthening movement) and wondering how people would feel

Cut The Crap
I think the only one we'll get from FBK will be Mendy.

I'm not so sure. Noises from Germany indicate we are not much further forward with regard to new signings (or even trialists) than we were when CL made his initial statement last week.

Maybe the outcome of this tie on Wednesday will finally release the log jam? :P

Buffalo Bill

The problem is Bill, does Csaba really have that much say in who comes in, and when? I doubt it very much, therefore we may be looking at another ill prepared season as far as new recruits go, and I have no faith in the existing ones. I hope to god I'm proved wrong though!

I think that's inevitable, time will tell.

Can you explain how that is inevitable. Shaggy went unbeaten against the clubs out with the old firm... explain why that isnt possible again?

I thonk its inevitable that you will be along at easter road.

He has already said that so that means no new players then!!

I'm not so sure. Noises from Germany indicate we are not much further forward with regard to new signings (or even trialists) than we were when CL made his initial statement last week.

Maybe the outcome of this tie on Wednesday will finally release the log jam? :P

What noises from Germany would this be?????

Csaba said he hoped to be able to show off a few players but its obviously not been as straightforward as he hoped.

He has been quoted as saying he wants to bring players in and he will be working towards this.

We need to have a little more patience I think, things can move very quickly in football.

I'll be very surprised if there isn't at least 2 new faces lined up for the Hull game.

BTB

my main worry is that although csaba is talking the talk and saying all the right things like we are working hard on new systems and gelling as a team WTF will any new signings do, they will need a couple of weeks into the season to catch up. we are so un prepared it is incredible and my new optimism is waning with every passing day

Charlie-Brown

Laurence Brodie said on talk-107 on saturday afternoon that it would probably take the whole of August to complete transfer business even up to the last day and at this time there is a lot of brinkmanship between players and their agents and the clubs involved, this is why as many or more deals go through in the final days compared to the rest of the month....so based on this i doubt everything would be done and dusted by the Hull game or even the Motherwell game.

vlad on the tyne
Flying a kite

How would we react?

very good question Jammy

What noises from Germany would this be?????

Csaba said he hoped to be able to show off a few players but its obviously not been as straightforward as he hoped.

He has been quoted as saying he wants to bring players in and he will be working towards this.

We need to have a little more patience I think, things can move very quickly in football.

I'll be very surprised if there isn't at least 2 new faces lined up for the Hull game.

BTB

You know exactly why a large section of the fans are a bit short on patience. We have shown plenty patience in the past two years, and look where it got us! I like the man Csaba, he sounds like he knows his stuff, I think we all agree on that. What we are worried about is him trying to do his job with one hand tied behind his back!

Buffalo Bill
The problem is Bill, does Csaba really have that much say in who comes in, and when? I doubt it very much, therefore we may be looking at another ill prepared season as far as new recruits go, and I have no faith in the existing ones. I hope to god I'm proved wrong though!

In all honesty, it doesn't matter to me if new players are brought in by Vlad or Csaba. I suspect there will be a mixtue of both.

The important thing for me is that Csaba picks the team and can motivate and organise his players. We all have to decide for ourselves if we believe he has that very 'basic' power.

Based on what he's said so far, I'm confodent that Laszlo has all bases covered; even if it takes the whole of August to get these guys in.

I'm certainly not worried about facing Motherwell on August 9th.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts

Maybe we struggled at attract Trialists ?

Maybe the way we've treated players in the past is making Agents wary of sending their clients our way ?

Guest Maroon Carpet
Can you explain how that is inevitable. Shaggy went unbeaten against the clubs out with the old firm... explain why that isnt possible again?

So that is how we finished so low down in the league then. It appears you are looking forward to this again by your statement.

I thonk its inevitable that you will be along at easter road.

Must you bring Fester Road into the equation every time? are you obsessed by them? I'll tell you what is inevitable, you can't spell!

Really, if you think we are going to be unbeaten against none other than the old firm then you are given your mind a treat, although I hope you are right.

:rolleyes:

Gigolo-Aunt
Maybe we struggled at attract Trialists ?

Maybe the way we've treated players in the past is making Agents wary of sending their clients our way ?

Have to admit, did expect more faces to join up with the squad in Germany.

Archived