Looking for a new laptop

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

My laptop has packed in and just wondering if anyone knows of any good deals going just now. Doesn't have to be top of the range or nowt just half decent. Cheers.

Have a look at some of the Acer ones from tesco, usually a decent price for what you get!

jack D and coke
Have a look at some of the Acer ones from tesco, usually a decent price for what you get!

Never gave Tesco a thought tbh. Nice one mate cheers.

Ray Winstone

Have a look on the dell website and maybe give them a call with a price in mind and see what they have to offer.

Usually get a good warranty when you buy them as well.

jack D and coke
Have a look on the dell website and maybe give them a call with a price in mind and see what they have to offer.

Usually get a good warranty when you buy them as well.

Thats part of my problem in that i've not really got internet access the now, i'm doing this on my phone but i can try i suppose. Was just wondering if anybody had physically seen any good deals in shops recently. Thanks anyway mate.

i'll have a look on the silicon website, also a few other amazing websites for getting top of the range laptops for cheap.

heartsfc_fan

New Argos catalogue is just out. You can get a decent enough laptop off there for about ?400

jack D and coke
i'll have a look on the silicon website, also a few other amazing websites for getting top of the range laptops for cheap.

Thanks mate.

New Argos catalogue is just out. You can get a decent enough laptop off there for about ?400

You can get a similar spec from elsewhere for ?50-?100 cheaper!

heartsfc_fan
You can get a similar spec from elsewhere for ?50-?100 cheaper!

Aww well. Argos don't usually do laptops. Was browsing their website and came across them.

Why not try PC world for a laptop? :rolleyes: caters for everyone.

jack D and coke
Aww well. Argos don't usually do laptops. Was browsing their website and came across them.

Why not try PC world for a laptop? :rolleyes: caters for everyone.

Pc world is definately somewhere i'm going to check out. The Tesco website had one or two decent ones so might compare pc world to them.

I got one from PC world about a month back.

Was only going to spend ?400 max but they have an offer on, if you get any laptop over ?300 you can put down a deposit of anything and as long as you pay with 12 months, you get charged not interest.

I ended up plumbing for a ?500 down from ?800 due a Bank Holiday Sale. It's the mutts and have had no bother so far (touch wood).

jack D and coke
I got one from PC world about a month back.

Was only going to spend ?400 max but they have an offer on, if you get any laptop over ?300 you can put down a deposit of anything and as long as you pay with 12 months, you get charged not interest.

I ended up plumbing for a ?500 down from ?800 due a Bank Holiday Sale. It's the mutts and have had no bother so far (touch wood).

What kind is it? Is it still on offer do you know? What spec?

i got this one from Currys for ?399 it is now down to ?379 also tesco are selling the same one at ?349 but the only difference is it is HP instead of Compaq but its the same spec and everything just different brand

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1913775994.1217358012@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadeejjmfdeecflgceggdhhmdfhm.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=0&sku=868224&category_oid=-34014

I P Knightley

I just picked up a Toshiba for ?350. Intel Duo Core processor, 2GB RAM, 120GB hard, 17" screen, one year warranty.

It's a factory rework but I've had mates have bought under similar conditions and not been disappointed.

Morgan Computers did the biz.

I'm in the same position as Mr Daniels, looking for a new laptop. Can someone explain the Duo Core processors to me? Does it make the system double the speed (roughly)?

My current laptop is suffering from years of misuse but is does have a 2.2 Ghz processor so current machines seem slow in comparison (on paper).

I was looking at this:

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core TL-52 (1.8Ghz)

1600MHz HyperTransport, 1MB Cache Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

2GB Memory

120GB Hard Drive

• DVD ReWriter MultiDrive
  • 15.4" Brightview Widescreen Display
  • 128MB nVidia GeForce GO 6150 Graphics
  • Wireless Enabled
  • 2.99kg Weight

Can someone tell me if this is any good? In addition, it's on the PC World refurbished laptops bit. Anyone used this before - reliable?

I'm in the same position as Mr Daniels, looking for a new laptop. Can someone explain the Duo Core processors to me? Does it make the system double the speed (roughly)?

My current laptop is suffering from years of misuse but is does have a 2.2 Ghz processor so current machines seem slow in comparison (on paper).

I was looking at this:

2GB Memory

120GB Hard Drive

• Wireless Enabled
  • 2.99kg Weight

Can someone tell me if this is any good? In addition, it's on the PC World refurbished laptops bit. Anyone used this before - reliable?

The spec below is the one i have

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor TK53

* (1.7Ghz, 1600 MHz, 512 KB Cache)

* Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

* 2 GB Memory

* 200 GB Hard Drive

* DVD Super Multi Double Layer Drives

* 15.4" HD Widescreen Display

* NVIDIA GeForce 7000 Graphics Card

* webcam

* Wireless Enabled

and i feel it is enough for what i need to sit and chill on the web on jkb etc.its only ?379 in Currys or ?349 in tesco but classed as HP in tesco

$ilvery_Moon
i got this one from Currys for ?399 it is now down to ?379 also tesco are selling the same one at ?349 but the only difference is it is HP instead of Compaq but its the same spec and everything just different brand

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1913775994.1217358012@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadeejjmfdeecflgceggdhhmdfhm.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=0&sku=868224&category_oid=-34014

HP & Compaq are now pretty much the same company. HP bought out Compaq a few years ago.

I was looking at this:

2GB Memory

120GB Hard Drive

• Wireless Enabled
  • 2.99kg Weight

It's a decent spec but you're best off with an Intel chip because at the moment the performance is slightly better. A dual core processor basically does the job of two processors as each core has it's own cache. It improves the efficiency and performance of your system.

jack D and coke

Might be wrong but i'm sure that's now ?299 on the Tesco direct website. Probably be good enough for all i do.

Archived