Juanjo

jayjay

I was at a testimonial game today for Blackburn juniors captain Craig Spence Thay were playing Airdrie United who Had Jaunjo playing as a trialist. He didnt seem to be burstin his ass to impress the watching Kenny Black which led me to think. As much as a luxury player the wee man was he should never be scrapping about the likes of Airdrie trying to win a contract.

Oh how the mighty fall eh? From the Nou Camp to Murrayfield park Blackburn in the space of 10 years.

Guest jambomickey
I was at a testimonial game today for Blackburn juniors captain Craig Spence Thay were playing Airdrie United who Had Jaunjo playing as a trialist. He didnt seem to be burstin his ass to impress the watching Kenny Black which led me to think. As much as a luxury player the wee man was he should never be scrapping about the likes of Airdrie trying to win a contract.

Oh how the mighty fall eh? From the Nou Camp to Murrayfield park Blackburn in the space of 10 years.

will always remember his goal against the hobos!

will always remember his goal against the hobos!

It was nice.

But it's a shame he never 'made it'.

He'll always be one of my personal favourite players though. On his day he was a crackin player.

He'll be getting on a bit now so he could do worse than div1 to be honest. Sure it was the same 'juanjo' its a common name in spainish I reckon there must be a few.

Juan Jose Caricondo Perez

bit of skill in the corner flag vs Dundee United and a goal v the Hibs....YES!

Remainder of his career........NAH!

Buffalo Bill

He was always pretty crap away from home for some reason. In fact all 15 of his Hearts' goals were scored at Tynecastle, and his best form was produced just before we sold him in (I think) October 2001.

But he had a bit of magic about him. A sort of 'nearly' player.

Buffalo Bill

He was pish most of the time and only looked a real player whilst his contract was running out.

I often see the words "wage thief" written on this board, I imagine if Juanjo were playing for us nowadays- it would be commonly used for him.

Doctor FinnBarr

Aye but the Nou Camp doesn't have the Booling Club behind the dressing rooms!

:)

Jam Tarts 1874
He was pish most of the time and only looked a real player whilst his contract was running out.

I often see the words "wage thief" written on this board, I imagine if Juanjo were playing for us nowadays- it would be commonly used for him.

I doubt if Juanjo was on huge wages. He was however substantially more talented than the idiot whom you chose to picture in your signiture. The fact is that Juanjo was a "luxury player" in the eyes of the rather negative minded Levein so his opportunities to earn his wages became few and far between.

I'm surprised Juanjo has came back to Scotland after his disasterous spell with ICT, only 11 appearances for them over two seasons. He is still only 31, so I hope he gets something worthwhile.

Doctor FinnBarr
I doubt if Juanjo was on huge wages. He was however substantially more talented than the idiot whom you chose to picture in your signiture. The fact is that Juanjo was a "luxury player" in the eyes of the rather negative minded Levein so his opportunities to earn his wages became few and far between.

I'm surprised Juanjo has came back to Scotland after his disasterous spell with ICT, only 11 appearances for them over two seasons. He is still only 31, so I hope he gets something worthwhile.

But he'd maybe heard about the good Guinness in the Turf!

;)

Sorry but you are completely wrong about that. Juanjo had 28 starts and 7 sub appearences at ICT and scored 7 goals. He was a popular player with the fans but then he fell out of favour with Brewster and was loaned out to Hamilton.

Not a chance his spell at ICT could be described at "disasterous".

Ray Winstone
Sorry but you are completely wrong about that. Juanjo had 28 starts and 7 sub appearences at ICT and scored 7 goals. He was a popular player with the fans but then he fell out of favour with Brewster and was loaned out to Hamilton.

I am with you on this one - I remember him playing a lot of games for them and being a decent player for them.

Jam Tarts 1874

You appear to have taken your stats from a different outlet to the one I used, I will therefore have a look a number of different sources just in case the one I looked at was incorrect, I'd be surprised if it was though as it's usually spot on. From memory I don't remember Juanjo getting that many games or scoring that many goals.

tartofmidlothian
Juan Jose Caricondo Perez

bit of skill in the corner flag vs Dundee United and a goal v the Hibs....YES!

Remainder of his career........NAH!

Aye, that was pretty amazing.

EDIT: Heh. Of course so was the goal against Hubs!

Ray Winstone
You appear to have taken your stats from a different outlet to the one I used, I will therefore have a look a number of different sources just in case the one I looked at was incorrect, I'd be surprised if it was though as it's usually spot on. From memory I don't remember Juanjo getting that many games or scoring that many goals.

If it was Wikipedia - its wrong.

Trust me on this one, I am right. I remember him playing for them a lot and scoring against us.

I'm sure he got an injury at them and never recovered. That and Brewster coming in meant that he got loaned out to Hamilton where he played quite a few games before leaving to Spain.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=15246

Juanjo didn't get his contract renewed because he didn't do what he was told on the park.

Levein had told him to hold certain positions at certain times, but he just ran about daft which make him look like a trier, but it wasn't to the overall benefit of the team.

Ray Winstone
Juanjo didn't get his contract renewed because he didn't do what he was told on the park.

Levein had told him to hold certain positions at certain times, but he just ran about daft which make him look like a trier, but it wasn't to the overall benefit of the team.

Juanjo did not get his contract renewed because Levein came in and he was told to cut the wage bill down after Jeffries had gone a bit mad.

He was good on his day but would be described as an expensive luxuary.

Jam Tarts 1874
Trust me on this one, I am right. I remember him playing for them a lot and scoring against us.

I'm sure he got an injury at them and never recovered. That and Brewster coming in meant that he got loaned out to Hamilton where he played quite a few games before leaving to Spain.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=15246

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=506167

Just for completeness I have went through every single game he played on the Soccerbase website. I am happy to admit I had the wrong stats, sometimes that happens with all the various stats websites, I am angry that I have had to spend time looking at other sites. On Soccerbase he actually made 29 league and cup starts and scored 6 goals if you actually look at it game by game which I have, so it is concerning that the career page for Juanjo is different to the totals you get from looking at each game in isolation and adding up the starts and goals from each game.

But I am happy to continue to refer to Juanjo's time at ICT as disasterous because he has not played in the top flight anywhere since then, he was subbed off in about 50% of the games he played and picked up an injury during his time there, that all sounds like a disaster to me.

I had alot of time for him when he was at Tynecastle and wanted to see him every week, I got so frustrated at Levein's negative formations by 2001 that I gave up the season ticket for a while, Juanjo's absence was part of my frustration in those days.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=506167

Just for completeness I have went through every single game he played on the Soccerbase website. I am happy to admit I had the wrong stats, sometimes that happens with all the various stats websites, I am angry that I have had to spend time looking at other sites. On Soccerbase he actually made 29 league and cup starts and scored 6 goals if you actually look at it game by game which I have, so it is concerning that the career page for Juanjo is different to the totals you get from looking at each game in isolation and adding up the starts and goals from each game.

But I am happy to continue to refer to Juanjo's time at ICT as disasterous because he has not played in the top flight anywhere since then, he was subbed off in about 50% of the games he played and picked up an injury during his time there, that all sounds like a disaster to me.

I had alot of time for him when he was at Tynecastle and wanted to see him every week, I got so frustrated at Levein's negative formations by 2001 that I gave up the season ticket for a while, Juanjo's absence was part of my frustration in those days.

I completely disagree with you and I can't understand your reasoning for him being a failure. He may have been subbed in a few games but he still started nearly 30 games. That shows that he kept being picked. He clearly did well until he picked up an injury. That injury does not make his spell a disaster.

If he really was such a failure then I don't see why ICT would have taken him back on trial earlier this year:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/inverness-caley-fc/2008/04/05/juanjo-is-granted-second-chance-at-caley-thistle-86908-20373155/

You'll see in that article that he's described as a "former fans favourite".

Having done a quick search on google, most if not all of the comments I've seen from ICT fans about him have been positive.

No offence but I don't think you should get so worked up about the stats on a site being wrong.

wheatfield to sheffield
In fact all 15 of his Hearts' goals were scored at Tynecastle.

Ach, you're being so selective. :)

Next thing you'll be telling us is that Rudi Skacel never scored at the Gorgie Road end ...

Buffalo Bill
Ach, you're being so selective. :)

Next thing you'll be telling us is that Rudi Skacel never scored at the Gorgie Road end ...

Ok, you're right, I'll re-word it:

"Juanjo might have scored a huge amount of goals away from home had his potentially exposive form kicked in at any time.

But it didn't, and he never!"

:P

Buffalo Bill

I completely disagree with you and I can't understand your reasoning for him being a failure. He may have been subbed in a few games but he still started nearly 30 games. That shows that he kept being picked. He clearly did well until he picked up an injury. That injury does not make his spell a disaster.

He clearly wasn't a disaster, but some posters on here think Romanov has been a success, so you have to take their opinions with a pinch of salt ;)

Archived