Does anyone else feel that Hearts traveling support is not as good as it once was ?

jackjambo22

shaun.lawson
FFS the word is loyalist stop hiding behind words and stand up for what you are

Which is what? Someone who thinks bigotry and sectarianism is unacceptable?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Broxburn Jambo
Which is what? Someone who thinks bigotry and sectarianism is unacceptable?

at least that wouldbe honesty

Pants Shaton

I'd like to offer the opportunity for Pickybum or Therapist to condemn the singing of 'Edinburgh is wonderful except for Hibs, Jews and Pakistanis'.

They may not see a problem with 'Hello Hello' (sectarian version) or the sash, but surely they would not sing this racist ditty or approve of those who do so whilst supporting HMFC?

I don`t think there`s any unusual reason why the away support has dwindled recently other than we`ve been keech.

Only two years ago we were taking superb numbers to all the away games, that largely being down to the team being very good of course.

The support will always be there. If Hearts return to the standard we are used to on a regular basis(top 3 at worst, challenging for europe spot) then the support will rise for away games again.

jackjambo22
I don`t think there`s any unusual reason why the away support has dwindled recently other than we`ve been keech.

Only two years ago we were taking superb numbers to all the away games, that largely being down to the team being very good of course.

The support will always be there. If Hearts return to the standard we are used to on a regular basis(top 3 at worst, challenging for europe spot) then the support will rise for away games again.

Canny argue with that :)

Miller Jambo 60

:107years:

Canny argue with that :)

Followed hearts for 36 years as a gorgie boot boy and a father.

We will always rule the hobos (FACT) bigger and more volatile than that trash from fester road.

davemclaren
:107years:

Followed hearts for 36 years as a gorgie boot boy and a father.

We will always rule the hobos (FACT) bigger and more volatile than that trash from fester road.

Off topic ( if that's possible ) but is that you in your avatar? If so, what on earth is on your head?:wacko:

Miller Jambo 60
Off topic ( if that's possible ) but is that you in your avatar? If so, what on earth is on your head?:wacko:

A Hat dave see in Edinburgh we get the sun

shaun.lawson
at least that wouldbe honesty

OK. My name is Shaun Lawson, and I think bigotry and sectarianism is unacceptable. I also think any fan guilty of this while hiding behind nonsense about freedom of speech is, to be frank, taking the **** in a very big way.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :)

Miller Jambo 60
OK. My name is Shaun Lawson, and I think bigotry and sectarianism is unacceptable. I also think any fan guilty of this while hiding behind nonsense about freedom of speech is, to be frank, taking the **** in a very big way.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :)

NO we are Hearts we are abused at parkhead .

And ibrox my son wants to go.

Sorry not getting abused again for a wee hun smell threatning my throat.:107years::107years:

shaun.lawson
NO we are Hearts we are abused at parkhead .

And ibrox my son wants to go.

Sorry not getting abused again for a wee hun smell threatning my throat.:107years::107years:

Er, where did I abuse you for these experiences, Doug? Rangers and Celtic fans regularly embarrass themselves by their behaviour and their bigotry - but just because they do it, it certainly doesn't mean we should either.

Miller Jambo 60
Er, where did I abuse you for these experiences, Doug? Rangers and Celtic fans regularly embarrass themselves by their behaviour and their bigotry - but just because they do it, it certainly doesn't mean we should either.

SL you dont know me half the hearts support do.

:107years::107years:

Take it England is lovely.

I am one of the oldest hearts fans that treat footie as a love.

When we lose i hurt.

shaun.lawson

When we lose i hurt.

Yes - and your point is? :confused:

Drylaw Hearts

When we lose i hurt.

:rolleyes:

Romanov Stole My Pension

Gotta agree with therapist that football is all about hatred. At the end of the day, people enjoy singing fenian blood more than hibee blood because it really aggravates Hibs/Celtic. It definately makes us enjoy a win over Celtic if we go to the games believing that they're dirty terrorist-loving **** (probably not true, they probably sing "up the ra" for exactly the same reasons most of us sing fenian blood). It really ****es me off hearing pro-terrorisism songs, songs about Wallace Mercer etc. but when i really think about it, I think it's good for football and makes the matchday experience more enjoyable. That's exactly why away games at livingston or against gretna are crap, there's no hatred, who could we hate apart from the families or silent women and children? I want to go to a game where the opposition supporters **** me off big time. Aberdeen sing "you're not scottish anymore", clearly a load of bull but it stirs us up. Dundee give us grief about Albert Kidd, celtic call us mini-huns etc. etc. All adds more spice to the game.

Imho Hearts away attendances would swell massively if the club went to a little more effort (they already charge us ?3.50 as a service charge!) and made certain away sections for vocal supporters. This would be incredibly simple for them, and as soon as tynie is redeveloped they need to offer season tickets in certain areas for vocal supporters. I'm sure if kickback put in some kind of serious proposal for this the club would listen. Anyone else think it's worth a shout?

Rant over.

Mon the hearts

Francis Albert
Tynecastle these days is, quite frankly, an embarrassment thanks to the politically correct environment we live in and the efforts of our vocal hand-wringing minority.

So hoew exactly does this "vocal hand-wringing minority" prevail against the traditional hard majority?

Drylaw Hearts

The kind of songs Therapist and other like-minded 'traditionalists' want to sing are the songs Hearts are trying to stamp out.

The Club released a Supporters Charter a year or so ago and outlined that certain songs and chants would not be tolerated.

So....

Is Therapist and the other 'traditionalists' suggesting we ignore the guidelines set out by the Club ?

Would we be 'proper supporters' if we did ignore these guidelines ?

ToadKiller Dog
The kind of songs Therapist and other like-minded 'traditionalists' want to sing are the songs Hearts are trying to stamp out.

The Club released a Supporters Charter a year or so ago and outlined that certain songs and chants would not be tolerated.

So....

Is Therapist and the other 'traditionalists' suggesting we ignore the guidelines set out by the Club ?

Would we be 'proper supporters' if we did ignore these guidelines ?

Na Therapist and his band of brothers are too busy searching the stadium to make sure Salmond is not there.

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't go to many away games these days, but on the odd occassion I do go I am deeply ashamed by the fact that some fans see away games as the opportunity to drag Hearts back into the dark ages as far as singing secatarian songs are concerned.

Why does any Hearts fan need to go to a game with a Union Flag? We don't see them now at Tynecastle, so why do they turn up at away matches?

From what I have seen over the past couple of years, it really is only a very small minority of "fans" who take this 1970's approach and when I say small I mean small i.e. 4 or 5 individuals. I know that in Tynecastle this was stamped out mainly by the vast majority of right-thinking fans who effectively policed these idiots out, but it seems that at away matches a few of them are still around. I have to say that these days I don't fancy taking on some tatooed, pi**ed out of his face, drugged up weirdo who is waving the Union Flag, I just wish that Hearts would employ a few bouncers to go along to the away games to root these numbwits out.

The only way that the good days of really enjoying away days will ever come back will be if Hearts start being a team to be reckoned with again. I have been at Ibrox with us taking the whole of the Broomloan stand and at Celtic Park with over 10,000 Hearts fans, we will only get that kind of allocation again if we merit it.

Seymour M Hersh
What is a 'proper supporter' ?

What does someone have to do to deserve this title ?

Wear their underwear on the outside?:confused:

jackjambo22
I don't go to many away games these days, but on the odd occassion I do go I am deeply ashamed by the fact that some fans see away games as the opportunity to drag Hearts back into the dark ages as far as singing secatarian songs are concerned.

Why does any Hearts fan need to go to a game with a Union Flag? We don't see them now at Tynecastle, so why do they turn up at away matches?

From what I have seen over the past couple of years, it really is only a very small minority of "fans" who take this 1970's approach and when I say small I mean small i.e. 4 or 5 individuals. I know that in Tynecastle this was stamped out mainly by the vast majority of right-thinking fans who effectively policed these idiots out, but it seems that at away matches a few of them are still around. I have to say that these days I don't fancy taking on some tatooed, pi**ed out of his face, drugged up weirdo who is waving the Union Flag, I just wish that Hearts would employ a few bouncers to go along to the away games to root these numbwits out.

The only way that the good days of really enjoying away days will ever come back will be if Hearts start being a team to be reckoned with again. I have been at Ibrox with us taking the whole of the Broomloan stand and at Celtic Park with over 10,000 Hearts fans, we will only get that kind of allocation again if we merit it.

The UF flew at Tynie for years and nobody batted an eyelid

If you dont travel you wont need to worry bout getting upset at a wee flag.

I have to say that these days I don't fancy taking on some tatooed, pi**ed out of his face, drugged up weirdo who is waving the Union Flag, I just wish that Hearts would employ a few bouncers to go along to the away games to root these numbwits out.

That's pathetic and i wonder what you are on to think that, how sad.

I have been at Ibrox with us taking the whole of the Broomloan stand and at Celtic Park with over 10,000 Hearts fans, we will only get that kind of allocation again if we merit it

How long ago?? and you must have been spitting feathers at the songs and flags:dribble:

I'm glad idiots like you dont travel if thats your take on things

if you want to sing this horrid and vile nonsense then there's a couple of clubs in the west who'll be more than happy to accomodate you and your views.

times have changed and the club has changed. we're not willing to tolerate this kind of crap anymore and it's great to see guys both home and away telling guys to quit it when these songs try to get started up.

ive sat at tynie and seen wee lads of 11/12 years old belting out this crap and farting about at away games with union jacks and all the rest of it. telling our kids this kind of behaviour is acceptable is just breeding another generation of this.

the quicker its completely stamped out the better.

yeh it was today, I stand corrected, wonder how long he's going for ?

I'm touched to see so many people are missing me. :) Just checked into the hotel. I am flying back overnight on Wednesday.

Guest Dipped Flake

Haven't read through this whole thread but just reading the first few posts and the last few probably sums up the whole issue. We have the usual 'traditionalists' saying our support is crap at home because of the 'pc' brigade and better away where they can sing their 'real Hearts songs', while the original poster stated the away support had fallen away drastically. I think the two views hit the nail on the head. Our away support has fallen because most Hearts fans just don't want to be subjected to endless repeats of 'Edinburgh is wonderful', ***, etc. We, as a club and a nation, have moved on from that but unfortunately our very vocal minority can't. I hardly go to any away games now as I cringe with embarassment listening to some of the stuff that gets sung, in the grounds and in the pubs before the games. Some of these songs I admit to having sung as a mindless teenager but I grew up, just wish some of the others had...

Is your concern just over the Union Flag, or is it any flag ?

ToadKiller Dog

Why does any Hearts fan need to go to a game with a Union Flag? We don't see them now at Tynecastle' date=' so why do they turn up at away matches?

[/b']

Is your concern just over the Union Flag, or is it any flag ?

No not a flag debate ,i think JT is more talking about the guy carrying the flag and his reasons rather that the flag itself.

and that all i will say as a dont want a suspension for a flag debate.

No not a flag debate ' date='i think JT is more talking about the guy carrying the flag and his reasons rather that the flag itself.

and that all i will say as a dont want a suspension for a flag debate.[/quote']

I dont see why people get so worked up about this. If someone wants to wave a UJ at Tynie then so be it. I wouldn't personally but it doesnt offend me.

Archived