Does anyone else feel that Hearts traveling support is not as good as it once was ?

jackjambo22

jackjambo22
You'd be wrong

Dont know the the therapist, but he gives me the distinct impression he follows Hearts

But maybe you know him

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dagger Is Back
Er, thanks man.

Incidentally, would our PC friends regard the classic "We're not mental, we're insane" as acceptable? Nothing sectarian or bigoted in that one.

Hold on, most of them are johnny-come-latelies who have never heard that song or others like "running down the Albion Road", "Bertie Mee to Bill Shankly", "hatchets and hammers", etc. :rolleyes:

BTW, when is take off?

Only a Game
Great post OAG. Not sure what a 'significant minorirty' is though. And im not blessed with the greatest of hearing that i can decipher when say 30 or 40supporters of between 1500/3500 are signing the 'wrong' words.

I suppose I meant that enough would sing the full blown version that it could be heard.

I don't really know the reasons why the support has went down in recent years.Filling a good section of the lower Broomloan Stand at Ibrox or a good bit of the East Terracing at Parkhead was quite common....for a short period of time.

Older Jambos(mid 70s and earlier)will have to tell me about the crowds then but,in my opinion,there was a healthy away support when we came up and stayed up(early 80s to mid to late 90s?)

I would say that there was always a good turn up at the Glasgow stadiums.

Maybe the success and all seating ate into our allocation but guys(and girls)sometimes go to away games for a day out as much as the football.If you're going to be harassed,abused and treated as sh*t,you're not going to bother.

Also,some of the other stadiums are soulless hovels.Fir Park,Rugby Park etc.You can't really blame people for deciding against going to these games.

One thing is for sure.If the old predicted recession hits,away crowds will drop.?30 or thereabouts for Darkhead?No thanks!

Is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed about Therapist telling us who is a real fan and who isn't.

And what is all this about anyone who objects to a mini-hun song being a "johnny come lately"? What about those of us who've had a season ticket for years but object to songs about fenian blood and billy boys?

Chris Evans
So what do you hate.,.. the institution the fans, the players or what?

Different teams,different reasons.. Could be a whole new thread that.

Drylaw Hearts
Is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed about Therapist telling us who is a real fan and who isn't.

And what is all this about anyone who objects to a mini-hun song being a "johnny come lately"? What about those of us who've had a season ticket for years but object to songs about fenian blood and billy boys?

We're not proper fans.

:confused:

Only a Game
Dont know the the therapist, but he gives me the distinct impression he follows Hearts

But maybe you know him

I dont know him either.

But he visits this board more often during Hearts games than he actually attends. Dont be fooled by his "better fan " bullsh|t

jackjambo22
I dont know him either.

But he visits this board more often during Hearts games than he actually attends. Dont be fooled by his "better fan " bullsh|t

Surprised at that :surprised:

Usually you find that posters who like to debate on a regular basis can back a lot up Re Hearts

Well the new season is nearly upon us i'm sure those that regularly attend will come to the fore

OAG,

Do you go home, away, both, no bother ??

Chris Evans
I dont know him either.

How do you know?

Only a Game
Surprised at that :surprised:

Usually you find that posters who like to debate on a regular basis can back a lot up Re Hearts

Well the new season is nearly upon us i'm sure those that regularly attend will come to the fore

OAG,

Do you go home, away, both, no bother ??

All at home, and a few away, probably no more than 5 or 6 a season. But then I dont punctuate every second argument by claiming to be a better fan and a hard core fan.

Dagger Is Back
He was supposed to go yesterday.

perhaps he forgot ?:):)

Was it not today? Hope he's not got so engrossed in KB that he's forgotten all about a trip to Asia and in the posh seats too.

DON'T FORGET TO PACK YOUR LAUREL AND HARDY!!

Only a Game
How do you know?

How do I know ? When he posts during a game it would tend to mean he isnt actually at the game .

Was that a silly question or did I just not understand it properly ?

Only a Game
Was it not today? Hope he's not got so engrossed in KB that he's forgotten all about a trip to Asia and in the posh seats too.

DON'T FORGET TO PACK YOUR LAUREL AND HARDY!!

yeh it was today, I stand corrected, wonder how long he's going for ?

jackjambo22

I dont go to as many as i did but do as many as poss

Got a ST oobviously,but like to travel if and when i can, domestic issues determine a lot these days,good and bad as you can imagine

I think most Jambo's get along on their travels Re of beliefs

Maybe no as much on boards eh :P

Pants Shaton

As a hand-wringing, lily-livered, liberal I've found myself increasingly ashamed to be associated with a vocal minority of the away support.

I don't know whether the following are hallowed traditions:

- Racist abuse of opposition players

- Irrelevant songs about long deceased Celtic managers

- Sectarian songs

- The Sash

- Edinburgh is wonderful, except for Hibs ... (you all know the rest)

- Songs about Tony Mowbray's dead wife

- Asian Hearts supporters being subjected to racist abuse by fellow supporters

Our away support is largely brilliant and capable of generating great atmosphere - without the help of these morons. I would expect all decent people to share this opinion.

shaun.lawson
yeh it was today, I stand corrected, wonder how long he's going for ?

Unhappily, wishful thinking won't be able to extend his trip or make it a one way one, OAG! :) Though seeing as he even posts while on holiday, I doubt it'll be very long before he pops up on here again anyway.

Chris Evans
How do I know ? When he posts during a game it would tend to mean he isnt actually at the game .

Was that a silly question or did I just not understand it properly ?

Chances are its a silly question;)

But my point was if you are reading his posts during a game then your not there either! I realise you can check back but memorising other post and times takes a great deal of dilligence.

Chris Evans
As a hand-wringing, lily-livered, liberal I've found myself increasingly ashamed to be associated with a vocal minority of the away support.

- Sectarian songs

- The Sash

Our away support is largely brilliant and capable of generating great atmosphere - without the help of these morons. I would expect all decent people to share this opinion.

Nail on head. In words what i,and many others,are thinking.:cheers:

shaun.lawson

Another song which could be good and funny, but is ruined by racist idiots.

Only a Game
Chances are its a silly question;)

But my point was if you are reading his posts during a game then your not there either! I realise you can check back but memorising other post and times takes a great deal of dilligence.

I'm almost ashamed to say I started taking a mental note of the occasions he was posting during games, after the first couple of times he claimed to be a hard core superfan and put others down on the basis that his opinion was more valid because of that supposed fact.

Yes I even went to the extent of checking back, if I had been to game myself.

I'm not that sad that I kept a full record but he doesnt attend as many games as you might expect of a hard core superfan. In fact he's probably verging on part timer status.

Chris Evans

Ive never heard a 'clean' version of this.

How does it go?

Only a Game

Surprisingly enough, Chelsea sing a half decent non sectarian non racist version of the same song.

Along the lines of "West London is wonderful" Cant recall the rest but I'll try and find out.

shaun.lawson
Ive never heard a 'clean' version of this.

How does it go?

Um, it's not exactly 'clean', and is close to the bone: but the right side of the line, I'd say. And if some would say different, the words 'tits' and '*******' can just be coughed over anyway, ie "it's full of herm herm herm and the Jambos".

EDIT: The censored word refers to the plural form of the name of the aunt in the Famous Five. :)

Only a Game

Oh West London

(Oh West London)

Is wonderful

(Is wonderful)

Oh West London is wonderful

It's full of tits, ****ny and Chelsea

Oh East London

(Oh East London)

Is full of sh*t

(Is full of sh*t)

Oh East London is full of sh*t

It's full of sh*t, sh*t and more sh*t

Chris Evans
I'm almost ashamed to say I started taking a mental note of the occasions he was posting during games, after the first couple of times he claimed to be a hard core superfan and put others down on the basis that his opinion was more valid because of that supposed fact.

Yes I even went to the extent of checking back, if I had been to game myself.

I'm not that sad that I kept a full record but he doesnt attend as many games as you might expect of a hard core superfan. In fact he's probably verging on part timer status.

I thought he built Tynie!

Full/part or lapsed. Makes no odds to me. We all want the same thing.(hopefully).:)

shaun.lawson
Oh West London

(Oh West London)

Is wonderful

(Is wonderful)

It's full of tits, ****ny and Chelsea

Oh East London

(Oh East London)

Is full of sh*t

(Is full of sh*t)

It's full of sh*t, sh*t and more sh*t

Yes, this is the version I was talking about and is commonly used (with substitutions in certain places) by most English supports.

Chris Evans
Um, it's not exactly 'clean', and is close to the bone: but the right side of the line, I'd say. And if some would say different, the words 'tits' and '*******' can just be coughed over anyway, ie "it's full of herm herm herm and the Jambos".

EDIT: The censored word refers to the plural form of the name of the aunt in the Famous Five. :)

Cheers. I have never heard anything close to clean on that song and i agree its in poor taste.

We will always have the best songs in Scotland and ive never heard a team rival our repotoire so lets keep them loud,clean,suuportive and good.

Only a Game
Yes, this is the version I was talking about and is commonly used (with substitutions in certain places) by most English supports.

I do believe I will suspend the household duties I had planned for this evening and spend some time making up an acceptable, but edgy, Hearts version of this much abused little ditty.

jackjambo22

I'm old enough to remember Hearts fans singing

"I was born'

"Eric sheidlers 6ft down"

"Build a borne fire"

" The referee's a b *******" and so on

No big deal and at times seemed relevant

Where do we draw the line, no swearing :mad:

Most people i know have let steam off and at times never exactly covered them self in glory at a football match but never took it home

I thinksome people want to take the control they have at home and work then determine it at football games(not all)

Just like the world according to me me me

Tough then ,canny wait so sing my heart out and if others dont like it, nout personel,:) but gonny continue

ToadKiller Dog

- Sectarian songs

- The Sash

Sums it all up nicely .

my favorite day out is the inverness trip more for beer than footie but i still manage to be able not to sing those traditional songs and back the side ,when a few started with the big jock stuff i just thought how sad do they sound.

PresidentRomanov
I do believe I will suspend the household duties I had planned for this evening and spend some time making up an acceptable, but edgy, Hearts version of this much abused little ditty.

Be sure to post it on here, so the supporters who go to the away games know what they've to sing :)

CornhillHearts

Bad Boy Gordon, Ivan met some "Bad Boys" over in croatia, U tube them they are the business.

Only a Game
Be sure to post it on here, so the supporters who go to the away games know what they've to sing :)

Ahhh your back. How delightful. How long are you staying ?

Only a Game
I'm old enough to remember Hearts fans singing

"Eric sheidlers 6ft down"

No big deal and at times seemed relevant

Where do we draw the line,

Most reasonable people would draw it right there

I think the big problem with the Hearts support in recent years, home and away, is that a sense of expectation has taken over from where our sense of humour used to be.

Since Vlad took over, Hearts are not supposed to lose. To anyone. Ever.

I remember an away match at Fir Park about 5 years ago. We'd lost, we were **** poor from first whistle to last - you knew we were bad when the only song we'd sung all night was the we'll support you evermore number! Anyway, one guy was going absolutely mental at the final whistle, ranting and raving, totally OTT, until a very young lad shouted "calm down mate, you're a bawhair away from a stroke!"

Anyone in that section of Fir Park that night will remember it, everybody thought it was hilarious.

That wouldn't happen now. Cause a far bigger number of our fans would be going mental.

Only a Game

Oh JKB

(Oh JKB)

Is wonderful

(Is wonderful)

Oh JKB is wonderful

Apart from Pi-Cky Bum and Therapist

Oh JKB is wonderful

:P:p

Maybe needs some work ?

jackjambo22
Most reasonable people would draw it right there

:):):)

Maybe in your world

So what do you sing OAG ??

Maybe give out pointers to whats alright and acceptable

Football grounds IMO are the wrong place to get all high and mighty

I dont see the issue , why snivel

Sing or dont

Only a Game
:):):)

Maybe in your world

So "Wallace Mercer's deid are we're No" is perfectly acceptable and reasonable also then ?

In fact I'm willling to bet you're one of the first to go radge about it

There are plenty songs I can join in with that contain no sectarian references or references to people who are dead, or who's wives have died.

If you think those songs are acceptable then you are indeed one of the 30-40 I referred to earlier.

PresidentRomanov
Oh JKB

(Oh JKB)

Is wonderful

(Is wonderful)

Oh JKB is wonderful

Apart from Pi-Cky Bum and Therapist

Oh JKB is wonderful

:P:p

Maybe needs some work ?

If I posted that, I'd probably get suspended again :sad:

jackjambo22
So Wallace Mercer's deid are we're No is perfectly acceptable and reasonable also then ?

There are plenty songs I can join in with that contain no sectarian references or references to people who are dead, or who's wives have died.

If you think those songs are acceptable then you are indeed one of the 30-40 I referred to earlier.

Steady geezer just cause i see things differently to you at times doesnt mean to you have to generalise, it's easy to be cute and stop assuming:mad:

Just sing or dont or start a charter;) i think it would make you happy:dribble:

Maybe if you went to more away games you would realise things arny that bad :o

PresidentRomanov
So "Wallace Mercer's deid are we're No" is perfectly acceptable and reasonable also then ?

In fact I'm willling to bet you're one of the first to go radge about it

Having known Wallace Mercer and Erich Schaedler personally, I can assure you than none of them would've given two hoots about these songs - then again, they weren't the type of men who went out their way to be offended :)

Only a Game
If I posted that, I'd probably get suspended again :sad:

Instead of snivelling about it in a round about way, report it. It doesnt breach any rules I am aware off since both parties mentioned have posted on this thread and its purpose was for mildly amusng banterful humour.

PresidentRomanov
Steady geezer just cause i see things differently to you at times doesnt mean to you have to generalise, it's easy to be cute and stop assuming:mad:

Just sing or dont or start a charter;) i think it would make you happy:dribble:

Maybe if you went to more away games you would realise things arny that bad :o

I think someone should start a supporters group to control what songs get sung :arf:

I'm sure someone on here would be up for that :rolleyes:

Archived