Does anyone else feel that Hearts traveling support is not as good as it once was ?

jackjambo22

PresidentRomanov
Instead of snivelling about it in a round about way, report it. It doesnt breach any rules I am aware off since both parties mentioned have posted on this thread and its purpose was for mildly amusng banterful humour.

I've never reported anyone's post in my life, I don't take the internet seriously enough ;)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game
Having known Wallace Mercer and Erich Schaedler personally, I can assure you than none of them would've given two hoots about these songs - then again, they weren't the type of men who went out their way to be offended :)

Would you say that Wallace Mercer's family wouldnt be offended by hundreds if not thousands of Hibs fan revelling in and celebrating his untimely death.

Are you for real ? (or more likely, are you just back in here picking fights right from the off)

Cant recall ever hearing the Eric Shaedler song if I am honest but the same applies

Only a Game
I think someone should start a supporters group to control what songs get sung :arf:

I'm sure someone on here would be up for that :rolleyes:

There were plenty up for it. Only you and a couple of others seemed to be against the idea, although you never got round to saying why. Check back the polls for a reminder if you like

PresidentRomanov
Would you say that Wallace Mercer's family wouldnt be offended by hundreds if not thousands of Hibs fan revelling in and celebrating his untimely death.

Are you for real ? (or more likely, are you just back in here picking fights right from the off)

Cant recall ever hearing the Eric Shaedler song if I am honest but the same applies

I would say his family wouldn't care less what Hibs supporters sing.

If Hibs supporters sung nasty things about me If i died, I'd be delighted :)

PresidentRomanov
There are plenty up for it. Only you and a few others seemed to be against the idea. Check back the polls for a reminder if you like

As I said, I don't take the internet that seriously, maybe you should get out more ;)

Only a Game
As I said, I don't take the internet that seriously,

And yet your right back on here noising people up as soon as your bans lifted ?

jackjambo22
There are plenty up for it. Only you and a few others seemed to be against the idea. Check back the polls for a reminder if you like

That's according to this site i presume

Plenty Jambo's who are not on line may say different

Been all over Europe with Hearts and anytime away, i see unity and good times Re of beliefs, where they be political or religious

People like to sup up the atmosphere and let rip

Nothing worse than a moaning Minnie whinging like a wee lassie at some crap song that doesn't suit them

PresidentRomanov
And yet your right back on here noising people up as soon as your bans lifted ?

How am I noising anyone up - because I don't agree with you? :wacko:

Only a Game
That's according to this site i presume

Plenty Jambo's who are not on line may say different

Who do they say it to ? Is there a supporters group specifically for non online Jambos that i dont know about ?

Only a Game
How am I noising anyone up - because I don't agree with you? :wacko:

By making snidey wee remarks about supporters groups etc and snidey wee remarks about people who might actually be right in thinking that singing about someones death (or about jews and pakistani's) at a football match might just be questionable.

Actually we dont ever hear your opinion on very much. We only ever hear you disagreeing with others opinion.

Why are so vehemently against a supporters group ?

PresidentRomanov
By making snidey wee remarks about supporters groups etc and snidey wee remarks about people who might actually be right in thinking that singing about someones death (or about jews and pakistani's) at a football match might just be questionable.

Actually we dont ever hear your opinion on very much. We only ever hear you disagreeing with others opinion.

Why are so vehemently against a supporters group ?

I'm not against supporters groups at all.

I was a member of the trust, am a member of the shareholders association, and I contributed a substantial sum to Save our Hearts.

What I'm opposed to, is silly boys playing silly games to satisfy their need for attention on this board.

For the record, I'm also not the type of person who would sing about someone's death, I just don't get so worked up about it as some, It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

jackjambo22
Who do they say it to ? Is there a supporters group specifically for non online Jambos that i dont know about ?

lol

Probably as you dont know everything:p

I was just saying that JKB doesnt cover all the voices of Jambo's

By and large i was refering to away games and that most Jambo's just get on with it and by your own admission you rarely travel , so what would an away non attender like yourself :dribble:know bar reading what others witnessed :(

Only a Game

What I'm opposed to, is silly boys playing silly games to satisfy their need for attention on this board.

The words "pot" and "kettle" spring to mind

PresidentRomanov
The words "pot" and "kettle" spring to mind

Good answer :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo

If you're opposed to yourself, just stop posting and you'll go away.

Only a Game
lol

Probably as you dont know everything:p

I was just saying that JKB doesnt cover all the voices of Jambo's

By and large i was refering to away games and that most Jambo's just get on with it and by your own admission you rarely travel , so what would an away non attender like yourself :dribble:know bar reading what others witnessed :(

LOL

Ive been going to away games for getting on for 35 years sonny. I dont go to so many right now because the investment of time and money doesnt justify the return in enjoyment and pleasure.

I'm well aware of what goes on, involving a disgusting minority, at some Hearts away games

PresidentRomanov
If you're opposed to yourself, just stop posting and you'll go away.

Hello Robbo - did you miss me :P

jackjambo22

I like a wee debate but dont take others take to heart

OAG ,for someone nearing 8k posts would suggest you obviously do take things a wee bit more serious than most and get irate at others who see things differently

I dont mind need posters like you on board adds to the fun

FTH

Only a Game

OAG for someone nearing 8k posts would suggest you obviously do take things a wee bit more serious than most and get irate at others who see things differently

I take ALL aspects of supporting Hearts VERY seriously :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let's not forget the laughable outrage on here at a bunch of fans banging the window of the Sportscene studio at the CIS semi earlier this year. I believe the sanctimonious nature of some of the Hearts support is a factor amongst others that's keeping some punters from attending.

Firstly, I don't think there was "outrage" re. the CIS semi final. As far as I recall, people were more concerned with pointing out how neddish and brain-dead the culprits were. They just looked stupid; nothing "outrageous" about it.

Secondly - hold on a second - the traditionalists/neds are being put off going to games by the "sanctimonious" ones? Who're meant to be the "easily offended hand-wringers" again? :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
I take ALL aspects of supporting Hearts VERY seriously :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Except for going to away games,because the investment of time and money doesnt justify the return in enjoyment and pleasure. :blah:

Only a Game
Except for going to away games,because the investment of time and money doesnt justify the return in enjoyment and pleasure. :blah:

I take a painfully SERIOUS decision every time I arrive at the conclusion that going to any particular away game might not give me pleasure or enjoyment.

PresidentRomanov
I take a painfully SERIOUS decision every time I arrive at the conclusion that going to any particular away game might not give me pleasure or enjoyment.

I'm glad you take not supporting Hearts seriously :)

Personally, I don't take things as seriously as you, so I just go and support my team without thinking about it too much.

I don't need a guarantee it'll be enjoyable before I go :)

PresidentRomanov
Aye - I missed you like a giraffe misses high heels. :P

:)

jackjambo22

Personally, I don't take things as seriously as you, so I just go and support my team without thinking about it too much.

Fair point PB

But then ,how many fickle fans do you know ??

Only a Game

The benefits of you having a brain that only manages the bodily functions and not much else I suppose.

I dont need a guarantee either. Just a chink of hope. Most away games last season didnt offer even that

PresidentRomanov
Fair point PB

But then ,how many fickle fans do you know ??

Fortunately, in real life, not many :)

All my friends are long standing, loyal Hearts supporters :)

PresidentRomanov
The benefits of you having a brain that only manages the bodily functions and not much else I suppose.

I don't know about that, I'd say my wee brain is doing not a bad job of making you look pretty foolish on this thread - not that that's anything to crow about :)

Only a Game
I don't know about that, I'd say my wee brain is doing not a bad job of making you look pretty foolish on this thread - not that that's anything to crow about :)

so why crow about it then ?

jackjambo22
Fortunately, in real life, not many :)

All my friends are long standing, loyal Hearts supporters :)

I like to think after following Hearts for around 35yrs that i know the real deals no the whinging and non attending types who want their wee world to continue in a football environment and hate it when others see different

I have had clowns booing beside me, shouting inane drivel and at times it's bugged me, but they paid their money, so why not, even if i disagree

I might annoy them at times :P

Only a Game
This is officially a Good Thread.

A+

I know. Dont you just have to stand back an admire the intellectual wizardry that washes over any thread PB gets involved in.

Talking of foolish what happened to the commitment(twice) of not posting on here again ? :)

Only a Game
Talking of foolish what happened to the commitment(twice) of not posting on here again ? :)

The mods thought a lifetime ban was a bit too harsh I suppose ?

rumbles1874

the reasons i can think for away crows dropping are the facted that when we go to the of we are treated like s***, by the poilce and stewards ,the cost of living has went up also alot of the older fans who went over the lat couple of years have now got familys and have other cometments, I for one got move shifts and now can get to ever game

PresidentRomanov
The mods thought a lifetime ban was a bit too harsh I suppose ?

I'm sure you could talk them round :sad:

Only a Game
I'm sure you could talk them round :sad:

I dont make your posts for you mate. You do that yourself.

PresidentRomanov
I dont make your posts for you mate. You do that yourself.

Obviously, I prefer to have a bit of humour about me. :)

Broxburn Jambo
Could you explain what you mean by the above? Surely you're not suggesting it's because people aren't allowed to sing naughty songs any more, are you?

FFS the word is loyalist stop hiding behind words and stand up for what you are

Chris Evans

Has this thread went off topic slightly? :confused:

I now realise how its possible to hit over 17,000 post without actually saying anything meaningful.:sleepy:

I wonder why so many view but never post. Why do you reckon that is JR?

Chris Evans
FFS the word is loyalist stop hiding behind words and stand up for what you are

I think you will find that everyone on this board hides behind words.

And also personal abuse is not tolerated.

Only a Game
Obviously, I prefer to have a bit of humour about me. :)

Go on then, make us laugh with you instead of AT you :):)

It's not just us.

Most of the good sized boisterous away supports tend to be found in Scottish Cup ties. Why the Cup encourages the away support out and not the league? I'm not sure.

The reduced numbers is not unique to Hearts

These threads are pointless really. On the one side you have the mini-huns who seem to use the fact that they've gone to every Hearts game for the last 50 years as an excuse for singing their songs. On the other you have the rest who are just wanting to go to games to see Hearts and sing songs that are actually relevant to us.

Neither will back down so there isn't much point in debating it. I would love to see a thread though in which Therapist/Picky Bum don't use the "I've been to more games than you so you aren't a proper fan" argument in every debate they have.

Archived