FAT PAT TO QUIT? (merged threads)

Patten

Dont know if this is already posted but a few of the Lochend loyal seem to think the Finns finnished.

Everybody loves Baz

:)I'd love it if this were true.:)

chester copperpot

I'm away to Pataelinon for him to be the first SPL manager sacked.

BOOM BOOM

Dont know if this is already posted but a few of the Lochend loyal seem to think the Finns finnished.

If true, they really should learn to stop appointing their modern day 'legends' as managers shouldn't they?

Franck Sauzee

John Collins

Mixu Paatelainen

All of whom have flopped to varying degrees. :107years:

Gigolo-Aunt
If true, they really should learn to stop appointing their modern day 'legends' as managers shouldn't they?

Franck Sauzee

John Collins

Mixu Paatelainen

All of whom have flopped to varying degrees. :107years:

I thought Collins done ok tbh. They were in a bit of a mess when he left, and seemed rather unpopular with some of the players (which happens at any club) but not sure if he could be called a flop. Did bring a cup back along the M8 for the Hobos.

I actually dont mnd Collins. Will take flack for that I know.

If his leaving is on the cards then i think a few Hearts fans should 'take a hit for the team' and nip along to the Metha Dome on Saturday and infiltrate the home support with 'Mixu must stay' banners, and a start a few Mixu must stay chants, just to show him and Petrie that the fans are behind the big Fin.

Seymour M Hersh
:)I'd love it if this were true.:)

Nope we want him to stay. They might get lucky again and get another Mowbrey. Tattie-heid can put them back years if given the time (1-2 full seasons):107years:

jamtartsandbees
If his leaving is on the cards then i think a few Hearts fans should 'take a hit for the team' and nip along to the Metha Dome on Saturday and infiltrate the home support with 'Mixu must stay' banners, and a start a few Mixu must stay chants, just to show him and Petrie that the fans are behind the big Fin.

Does that mean I'd have to ware a green scarf though?

Does that mean I'd have to ware a green scarf though?

No, you just need to refrain from washing for a week to blend in.

Walter Payton
I thought Collins done ok tbh. They were in a bit of a mess when he left, and seemed rather unpopular with some of the players (which happens at any club) but not sure if he could be called a flop. Did bring a cup back along the M8 for the Hobos.

I'll share some of that flack GA, I actually agree with you. He might be lacking in the personal skills department, but he definitely installed a fitness regime at the club and as you say brought them a cup (even if it was the mickey mouse cup). The funniest thing for me was the hibbies all backing their flairmeister superstars after the "revolt" instead of Collins- that's worked out really well for them.

maroonlegions

so all the "mixu what a fecking signing" chants and rants from the hobos makes them even a bigger embarrassment.:107years::107years::)

Isaac Begbie

They got very very very lucky when they gambled on Mowbray as manager.

Imagine where they'd be now if they'd not got him, and had got another collins, fat pat, saucy frank, duffy, etc. I doubt as many of their young players would have come through as did, or would have progressed so far. That combined with all their penny pinching would probably have seen them back in the first division.

Still time for that tho :dribble:

I'll share some of that flack GA, I actually agree with you. He might be lacking in the personal skills department, but he definitely installed a fitness regime at the club and as you say brought them a cup (even if it was the mickey mouse cup). The funniest thing for me was the hibbies all backing their flairmeister superstars after the "revolt" instead of Collins- that's worked out really well for them.

They beat Malofeev Hearts, first division St Johnstone and bottom six Kilmarnock to win that cup under Collins. His training methods were hated by the players, he seemed to be disliked by the majority of their fans and his signings (Makalamby, Kerr, O'Brien etc) have all been duds; and what's more duds who are allegedly earning above the strict wage cap imposed by Petrie.

If Collins had continued I doubt they'd have made top 6. Unquestionably another flop for them in my eyes.

Gigolo-Aunt
They beat Malofeev Hearts, first division St Johnstone and bottom six Kilmarnock to win that cup under Collins. His training methods were hated by the players, he seemed to be disliked by the majority of their fans and his signings (Makalamby, Kerr, O'Brien etc) have all been duds; and what's more duds who are allegedly earning above the strict wage cap imposed by Petrie.

If Collins had continued I doubt they'd have made top 6. Unquestionably another flop for them in my eyes.

Fact is though, bud - he did win a cup. Can only beat what is in front of you.

Do agree on some of his signings though - not the best although I did think Kerr would do a job for them.

Not sure if they did let the biscuit tin open on their wages though - Hibs do seem pretty strict when it comes to that.

Gigolo-Aunt
He's no finnish - he's only 28 ;)

:)

Was shocked it taken so long for someone to say that!

Collins ,a modern day Maloairthief.

Fat Striker

I can't get my head around both Collins and if the speculation is correct Mixu wanting to walk away from the Hibs job because of budget contraints and frustration at the board.

Hibs finanical structure is common knowledge, they must have gone into the job with their eyes wide-open. Why the frustration and tantrums because they can't work with the budget they have been set?

Did they sign on the line and think that once they got in the door they could persuade Petrie to burst open the biscuit tin?

Well I PITALINEOAN 'Tattieheed' to be the 1st manager to get the bullet @ 9/1 do I get still get paid if he shown the door before the season starts. :confused:

Please let this be false, I really hope he stays. (Gets down and prays)
i agree let them keep him for at least a couple of months into the season! They should have lost most games by then morale will be low and those famous fancy dress outfits will be all around fester road!

Smoked-Glass
first time I saw him I thought hel sinki without trace

He looks like jade goody actually

shaun.lawson

I'd say Collins was Hibs' answer to Valdas. Won a Cup after inheriting a very good side and highly propitious set of circumstances, but appeared to be taking them backwards. The fact that he won something, though, means the jury will always be out on him with many.

Well I PITALINEOAN 'Tattieheed' to be the 1st manager to get the bullet @ 9/1 do I get still get paid if he shown the door before the season starts. :confused:

Did you actually put that bet on?

If so what bookies is offering 9s? That looks a tasty bet to me.

Brick Tamland

I was playing golf this morning with 2 Hobo ST holders one of which always seems to be "in the know".

He was saying that the Fat Finn had resigned (not sure when e.g. last month or last week) but Petrie had talked him into staying. The FF agreed to stay but it was conditional - he was given money to spend or he would be off before 1st August.

Apparantly the FF had a real go at him for not giving him money to spend during his time there already and that he accused him of taking the club backwards which resulted in a 'heated debate' about the Ormiston cow sheds being best in Britain and that showed Hobos were progressing the FF countered that about Petrie not sanctioning a deal where a player would get an extra ?100 per week, not sure if this was a current player or a prospective signing.

That's what I picked up during the round and for the record me and my non footballing partner won the front nine by two holes ?5, the back nine by one hole ?5, the game ?5 and we were a birdie ?2 to the good.

Happy days - ?17 to the good, win the golf against the hobos whilst they murmured discontent at the green brazil.

'mon the Hearts

Pantyliner to be the first manager to get the boot... to be replaced by Yogi 'Tha missin link' Hughes.... odds?

:av-1001:

Paisley Jambo

Were they not already in the semis when he was appointed and only had to beat St Johnstone and Kilmarnock to win it.

Also not exactly what I would call a cup more a consolation plate.;)

Say What Again
I'll share some of that flack GA, I actually agree with you. He might be lacking in the personal skills department, but he definitely installed a fitness regime at the club and as you say brought them a cup (even if it was the mickey mouse cup).

Disagree with you and GA here mate.

Collins did win the diddy cup, I'll have to give him that, however ask most Hibbys and he was taking them backwards - quickly.

All most all (maybe even all) of his signings have been emptied already. The players disliked him, the staff (or some of them) disliked him, and I know for a fact he was hated within days at taking over Hibs at the hotel they spend pre match (in contrast to Monkey Heid who was an 'absolute gentleman')

Granted, being disliked by hotel staff doesn't make you a bad manager, but neither does installing a fitness regime make you a good one.

If its true they are going through heids at some rate . The teams passing display against Barca didnt convince RP that hibs were good enough to win the world cup next time round surprises me. Wonder what their record is with changing coaches compared to other top sides in the SPL.

Drylaw Hearts
If its true they are going through heids at some rate . The teams passing display against Barca didnt convince RP that hibs were good enough to win the world cup next time round surprises me. Wonder what their record is with changing coaches compared to other top sides in the SPL.

Less than VR.

I would imagine that in order for Mixu to get at the biscuit tin for more players, he will have to move Big Fat Petrie who at present is sitting on the lap of STF, who is in turn has his cheeks well and tuly super-glued to the lid of said biscuit tin.

This is the problem that any incumbent of the hot seat down Fester Rd way will find. Its not necessarily that the Hobo's have no money is just that STF will not allow them to spend out with his set limits.

I'm not really bothered if the Finn stays or goes, not my problem.

Fact is though, bud - he did win a cup. Can only beat what is in front of you.

Do agree on some of his signings though - not the best although I did think Kerr would do a job for them.

Not sure if they did let the biscuit tin open on their wages though - Hibs do seem pretty strict when it comes to that.

not bad at motherwell but he has been rank for hibs apparently. Got a few hobo mates (some season ticket holders) and they all hate him.

Seymour M Hersh
Pantyliner to be the first manager to get the boot... to be replaced by Yogi 'Tha missin link' Hughes.... odds?

Petrie and Yogi won't work at the same club. If Petrie went then it would be a good shout but not before. Think they've had two opportunities now to get him in as manager and failed to do so both times.

Who has just moved into a house in Port Seton...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Who has just moved into a house in Port Seton...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm

From Leith.

I'm not too sure that geography has much to do with it.

Archived