FAT PAT TO QUIT? (merged threads)

Patten

Dirk Diggler

It's no coincidence (imo) that Neanderthal Hughes has been overlooked more than once. If, and I hope he doesn't, the FF resigns I don't think 'Yogi' will get the gig.

Anyway, regardless, FTH.

Hagar the Horrible

Hibs fans in my work are going their dinger about the possibility of Mixu walking, this apparently has since being denied but the spud-u-like himself, however they have cancelled a press conference this morning, the by hobo colleague are running around still trying to work out what IS going on, as rumours and so called in the know fans are all a bit frantic.

Could Mixu be ready to walk?

Has he just changed his mind as petrie might give him a packet of crisp and a copy of the beano to invest in ?

There is something going on at Breeze Block Mansions and it smells:)

cue Lambert / McGhee...to see if who can make it before they gets the celtic gig

portobellojambo1
Hibs fans in my work are going their dinger about the possibility of Mixu walking, this apparently has since being denied but the spud-u-like himself, however they have cancelled a press conference this morning, the by hobo colleague are running around still trying to work out what IS going on, as rumours and so called in the know fans are all a bit frantic.

Could Mixu be ready to walk?

Has he just changed his mind as petrie might give him a packet of crisp and a copy of the beano to invest in ?

There is something going on at Breeze Block Mansions and it smells:)

Got speaking to someone about this today and got told the following.

Mixu put two names to Petrie recently, a Finnish centre forward that used to play for Rangers and Charlton and a Finnish goalkeeper who used to play for Rangers, Hearts, Southampton and Fulham, having got them to agree to go to Easter Road for ?2,500 and ?,4,000 per week respectively. Petrie refused to sanction the deals because he felt neither had any sell on value. Mixu intimated his wish to resign there and then, but Petrie refused to accept it, and Mixu was convinced to stay on, although it is thought he is devastated that the Hibs board have no interest in buying "top quality players".

Cannot vouch for the truth in the above but this is how it was told to me.

Jam Tarts 1874

More stories about Fletcher to Real Madrid today, I wonder if selling Fletcher out from under his feet would be the last straw for Mixu?

Mixu put two names to Petrie recently, a Finnish centre forward that used to play for Rangers and Charlton and a Finnish goalkeeper who used to play for Rangers, Hearts, Southampton and Fulham, having got them to agree to go to Easter Road for ?2,500 and ?,4,000 per week respectively. Petrie refused to sanction the deals because he felt neither had any sell on value. Mixu intimated his wish to resign there and then, but Petrie refused to accept it, and Mixu was convinced to stay on, although it is thought he is devastated that the Hibs board have no interest in buying "top quality players".

I heard the very same thing over the weekend (not the wages though), and reckon from a playing pouint of view, this would have been a good piece of business. If they are happy with these wages, then Hearts should go for both players in my opinion - both would contribute a lot in my view.

I think that Jonaton Johansson would still be a really good signing for most of the SPL teams and I would be really sad if Niemi went to the Dockside.

Thank **** Petrie is such a tight wad :)

Just received a text from a Hibby friend (I know...) saying that Mixu left/was sacked by Hibs his morning... anyone heard similar...??

That really woud be too good to be true...

Commander Harris

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=3263

Mixu Paatelainen today told talk107 that speculation he's tendered his resignation is 'total rubbish'.

Rumours were rife in the Capital over the weekend the Hibernian boss was on his way.

Bookies even cut his odds to be the first SPL manager to go after seeing money for him at odds of nine-to-one.

Ray Winstone
Just received a text from a Hibby friend (I know...) saying that Mixu left/was sacked by Hibs his morning... anyone heard similar...??

It would be funny - cant see it.

I would rather he stayed to be honest.

The Old Tolbooth

Why would it be too good to be true?

Are you mad lol??

He's doing a terrible job, the longer he stays the better imo ;)

Personally, I want Mixu and his hoofball style to stay at Fester Road for the foreseeable ;)

If he is finding the job hard, this news must have him totally rattled!

The Mighty Thor

I hope he hangs around for a long time to come.

I reckon he's already up there in the pantheon of Hubs managerial greats like Blackley, Miller and Saucy

1st team trained at the farm today, no sign of Mixu.

Source...............a groundsman at the farm.*

* he did not say if that meant he had been sacked/left, just that he was not present on the training pitch.

marshallschunkychicken
1st team trained at the farm today, no sign of Mixu.

Source...............a groundsman at the farm.*

* he did not say if that meant he had been sacked/left, just that he was not present on the training pitch.

Does this suggest that there is fire to go with all this smoke?

God I hope not. Mixup Aateleinen must stay.

maroonlegions
What are they saying about it matalan.net?

TRUE. THERE MUST BE SOME UNDER COVER AGENTS SNIFFING ABOUT OVER THERE.:dribble:

FERRYABROAD
What are they saying about it matalan.net?

Latest on trampsRus.net....

Rumour mill takes a long time to get to my workplace , but a certain Spartans 'person' just got a phone call from none other than 'Yogi' Hughes who told him that Mixu resigned an hour ago after a bust up with RP ......

Could this be an old rumour or something new today?? and why would Yogi know?? (thought they were in Holland?)

I wa told roughly the same as this the day!

mirsad_beslija

hi there , anyone heard the rumor today the hibs boss has been sacked ? heard it thro a hibs female fan. they may well confirm this tommorow morning ? well shall see, or this girl losses face rather big style......... :107years:

Gigolo-Aunt
Nae chance. You can't sack a manager based on preseason results.

You would have thought you could not sack a manager who had you sitting top of the league.

Results count for little if the relationship between managerand owner/chairman is at a low ebb.

Anything can (and will) happen in football.

Nae chance. You can't sack a manager based on preseason results.

It's not just the preseason results, the catering company at Murrayfield weren't happy with all the pies that went missing.:sad:

Guest jambomickey

according to talk 107 the hobos have called a press conference for tommorow to announce 2 new signings! so don't think the fat fin going anywhere:107years:

If Petrie carries on this way, the Hibs manager's job might well become every bit as difficult to fill as ours. Perhaps worse...

shaun.lawson
If Petrie carries on this way, the Hibs manager's job might well become every bit as difficult to fill as ours. Perhaps worse...

Anything we can do they can do better... :)

cue Lambert / McGhee...to see if who can make it before they gets the celtic gig

Spot on, they are Sellick's mhanky feeder club.

It's not just the preseason results, the catering company at Murrayfield weren't happy with all the pies that went missing.:sad:

lol can you explain that please???

Anything we can do they can do better... :)

So they tell us. Shame we haven't seen any evidence of that yet but it IS funny watching them try.....

shaun.lawson
So they tell us. Shame we haven't seen any evidence of that yet but it IS funny watching them try.....

Oh - but of course they can. Look at the evidence:

1. Eclipse our own 36-year trophy drought with a 107-year long Scottish Cup one which shows no signs of ending.

2. Follow up our own bout of 'significant unrest' with a massive player rebellion of their own within weeks of their first trophy in 16 years.

3. Look at our own history of serious underachievement and cry "you want underachievement? We'll give you underachievement!"

4. Hand the worst Hearts side in decades our first win in months back in January with a typically inept performance.

5. Get ludicrously carried away with a one-off 6-2 win, only to lose by four clear goals to us on not one, not two, but three separate occasions over the next six years.

6. Laugh their heads off at the chaos at our club - only to descend into chaos themselves the moment we finally appoint a manager.

As I've said about them before, Hibernian FC: what's not to like? :)

Archived