Heart heroes...

japanjambo

Drew Busby...and I dinnt care if ye dinny agree!

That is all...

Lynn...:mj_zivili::ninja:

busbycut76wee_thumb.jpg

That is all...

Is there alcohol involved here?

Only kidding, we could do with the buzzbomb for the coming season ....

peebles jambo

cruikie, without a shadow of a doubt

donald ford

robbo

a few others along the years, but cruikie is my number 1

Is there alcohol involved here?

Only kidding, we could do with the buzzbomb for the coming season ....

Never! :confused:

I agree. Did I tell you about the time Lord Busby got sent off for breaking Arthur "Offside" Duncan's shinpad in a match at the Metha Dome? Great stuff. ;)

Sad thing is some deluded fools seem to think it was Bobby Smith. :eek: Sake does terrible things to the memory.....;)

colinmaroon

That is all...

Lynn

Remember to drink lots of water!!!

By the way, do you think that you're becoming like one of these "celebrity" stalkers??? ;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Lynn

Remember to drink lots of water!!!

By the way, do you think that you're becoming like one of these "celebrity" stalkers??? ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TyphoonJambo

I'm with Peebles, Cruicky No1 hero then Donald Ford, Robbo dave McKay and everyone of McCraes lads

Only a Game

Strange how a very limited player such as Busby has attained such legendary status, yet players like Willie Gibson and Derek O'Connor, both of whom were better players IMO with roughly similar goalscoring records to Busby, barely get a mention.

Spose its more to do with the way he played the game rather than what his rather average contribution was.

Doctor FinnBarr
Strange how a very limited player such as Busby has attained such legendary status, yet players like Willie Gibson and Derek O'Connor, both of whom were better players IMO with roughly similar goalscoring records to Busby, barely get a mention.

Spose its more to do with the way he played the game rather than what his rather average contribution was.

Willie Gibson, better than Busby, I think not! True he scored plenty but he had an uncanny knack of being in the right place for the ball to deflect off him. O'Connor was a good player but we'ed have seen better from him if he'd ever went full time! Busby wouldv'e ran over broken glass in his bare feet to get the ball in the net!

Just my opinion.

:)

stor_4564809_12480.jpg

TravisBickle.jpg

Looks like a hardman and was a hardman.

Ford was before my time - I had a look on youtube to see if his 'sitting on the ball' goal at ibrox was on it and to my shock I cant find it anywhere! Sombody sort it!!

Doctor FinnBarr
stor_4564809_12480.jpg

travis-bickle.jpg

Looks like a hardman and was a hardman.

Ford was before my time - I had a look on youtube to see if his 'sitting on the ball' goal at ibrox was on it and to my shock I cant find it anywhere! Sombody sort it!!

I think it was Tommy Murray that sat on the ball!

:)

Davie Clunie, Jimmy Cant (what did happen to him?) and Peter Oliver. I can remember singing the 'We've got Jimmy Cruikshank, number 1 etc and including those 3 as 2,4 and 3 in a pub in Munich before the 2nd leg of the Bayern game. Great night but so unlucky.:)

that'll be why i couldnt find it!

Superb watching that, to finish it of with a goal makes it all the sweeter.

Robbos Right Peg
Davie Clunie, Jimmy Cant (what did happen to him?) and Peter Oliver. I can remember singing the 'We've got Jimmy Cruikshank, number 1 etc and including those 3 as 2,4 and 3 in a pub in Munich before the 2nd leg of the Bayern game. Great night but so unlucky.:)

In Australia if memory serves me correct inspector.

As for my hero I am another Cruicky man. Would blub like a woman if he ever came back to Tynecastle and got the ovation he deserves.

Also Robbo gets special mention for all the great times and his contribution to my book (did I mention it's being re-printed in September Buffalo B ?? ;))

You have made my night mate ! (dont you usally post) but always nip on to check out the crack.

Then you posted that clip of the wee man sitting on the the ball..............i have just about stopped lauhing . Cheers

You have made my night mate ! (dont you usally post) but always nip on to check out the crack.

Then you posted that clip of the wee man sitting on the the ball..............i have just about stopped lauhing . Cheers

It's the howling huns that do it for me!

Love the strip as well.

I was told by my dad that Rangers complained to FIFA after this and because of this incident it is now illegal to sit on the ball!

Can somebody confirm as my dads not always 100% correct in his facts!

Hearts hero? In amongst the many that deserve that accolade there is only really one man who stands out - John Cumming a man who gave his entire footballing career to Hearts. A man who would have run through a brick wall for the cause - a true hearts hero and a gentleman to boot.

Robbos Right Peg
I was told by my dad that Rangers complained to FIFA after this and because of this incident it is now illegal to sit on the ball!

Can somebody confirm as my dads not always 100% correct in his facts!

your dad is right but it seems it's ok if a hun stands on the ball and pretends to look for a team mate in a cup final years after that :mad:

Reminds me of the Willie Carr / Ernie Hunt Coventry City free kick classic but susequently banned.

Jimmy Cant is in Oz still. Been there since 77, when I came to the US.

Lynn, when you coming here?

Doctor FinnBarr

Lynn, when you coming here?

Shes been!

:cool:

John Colquhoun

John Robertson

Craig Levein

Stephane Adam

Steven Pressley (don't give a flying **** about his 'chest pumping' - he was a great leader for the club for many seasons)

Obviously there were many deserving players (probably more so) from previous era's, but I wasn't around to appreciate them.

Robbos Right Peg

Should that not be Saint Oz Still BD ?

If I had a coat I would get it right now.........................

Special mention to the most hero-like performance I've witnessed from a Hearts player:

Neil McCann tearing the huns from erse to elbow in the league cup final. Was worth the trip to Glasgow just to witness his display even though we lost.

I never said he was the best player on the planet. He always gave 100% when he pulled that maroon jersey over his head, never shirked a tackle, and well, he just got stuck in! We could do with a few Busby's at Hearts these days IMO.

Oh yes and...the dear man is a gentleman *off* the pitch.

Oh yes and, I still need to see the official match report on the *Bobby Smith* incident at Easter Road, Therapist! Hee

Lynn:ninja:

And didnae contact me as promised???

Right, I'm away fir a saki!!!:P

Sorry Bill! When I got there I had no internet for the week. Had a great week! New York was steering wi' folk for the All Star Game! Had a wee visit to the outside of yankee stadium beforee they tear it down.

Cheers

Lynn

Yi didnae need the internet Lynn. Should of asked anyone on the street for my number. : >)

You're that notorious, uh? LOL!

Johanes de Silentio

Sandy Jardine is the BEST player I ever saw in a Hearts jersey - an absolute JOY to watch.

But Drew Busby is a true LEGEND - there can never be too many threads about Drew Busby IMO - I'll bet that, for as long as there's a Heart of Midlothian, fans will sing his name - "His name is Drew Busby..."

Paisley Jambo

Thought long and hard about this one.:wacko:

Willie Gibson was my first hero and was gutted when he left for Partick Thistle. Derek O'Connor took over the mantle for a while until the one and only Robbo appeared. Try as I might I couldn't think of a greater hero than him.

Even called my dog Robbo after him. RIP :sad:

Although the squad from the 1985-86 season will always have a special place in my memory for the unexpected and incredible journey they gave us.

boy_in_maroon

That is all...

he'll do for me

Archived