Players we should be targeting?

JAMMY

Ive been watching Offiong for years since he was at Newcastle. He was unlucky not to get a chance in the first team there and a combination of the disappointment of not making it there, and a few bad moves and injuries held him back for a few years.

But he's got a great scoring record at Hamilton and he's just the sort we could/should be taking a chance on. If he performs in the SPL at the same kind of level he's been doing in the lower leagues, a much bigger club will snap him up in January.

Plus he's only 24 but has been around a bit already

I've mentioned Offiong in the past on here and he's a young player with potential, these are the types of players we should be trying to sign, they wouldn't cost a load in either transfer or wages. If Offiong came in and done a good job, it'd be a great piece of buisness, if he failed to make it, he could move on, no big deal and at least he would've had a chance, can't be any worse than what we've got at the minute!

I would like us to see if we could get Anderson at Sunderland, especially if they sign Kaboul from Spurs. Anderson and Berra would be a solid partnership. I would also like us to try and tempt Arfield and Barr from Falkirk. Gow would also be a decent signing. A loan deal for Wilson (RB) from Celtic would be another good move. I still think that the full backs and strikers are where we need to strengthen especially if Obua doesn't get his work permit.

$ilvery_Moon

I'd really like to see us sign some of these. Better than what we currently have and would probably be realistic with a bit of money. Obviously it would be one or the other with Wellens and Coppinger.

Kaspars Gorkks - Blackpool centre back

Richie Wellens - Doncaster central midfielder

James Coppinger - Doncaster central midfielder

Franck Songo'o - Portsmouth right winger (out of contract)

can remember Westerveld being a total bombscare for Liverpool so imo not what we need, hes also ancient.

As for Bernard, he'd have big wage demands and he's also not that much better than who we have at the moment.

Agree on Bernard. 33 isn't ancient for a goalkeeper though. Wouldn't matter in any case his wages would probably be a stumbling block.

Archived