Players we should be targeting?

JAMMY

A small list of players that i think we should be targeting as signings,all unattached...

Grzegorz Szamotulski(gk)

Sander Westerveld(gk)

Alexander Ostlund(df)

Olivier Bernard(df)

Serhat Akin(st)

Michalis Konstantinou(st)

Your thoughts...

Greedy_Jambo

My thoughts....

It doesn't matter who you think we should be signing.

no offence.

My thoughts....

no offence.

What do you mean by this?

Greedy_Jambo
What do you mean by this?

I Mean .. its a waste of time coming up with people you think Hearts should sign when you have no say in the matter.

Its nearly as bad as the poll on should pressley be our assistant manager... its never going to happen..

can we not disguss something worthwhile!

sigh.

I Mean .. its a waste of time coming up with people you think Hearts should sign when you have no say in the matter.

Its nearly as bad as the poll on should pressley be our assistant manager... its never going to happen..

can we not disguss something worthwhile!

sigh.

No offense but nobody cares about your opinion on his list. No point in posting at all really. Might as well shut down the forum.

sigh.

Gigolo-Aunt
No offense but nobody cares about your opinion on his list. No point in posting at all really. Might as well shut down the forum.

sigh.

Yup.

A small list of players that i think we should be targeting as signings,all unattached...

Grzegorz Szamotulski(gk)

Sander Westerveld(gk)

Alexander Ostlund(df)

Olivier Bernard(df)

Serhat Akin(st)

Your thoughts...

I would not like Szamotulski, Ostlund or Bernard. I have never seen the two strikers play so cannot comment, and I would question both how much Westerveld would require in wages and how old he is.

Grzegorz Szamotulski(gk)

Sander Westerveld(gk)

Alexander Ostlund(df)

Olivier Bernard(df)

Serhat Akin(st)

Your thoughts...

The one highlighted is the only one I consider realistic, I can't see the others wanting less that ?8k - ?10k a week which I don't believe we're in the market for paying anymore.

As for Bernard, have you ever seen him play?

Greedy_Jambo

sigh.

Well thats fine. Why don't you waste your entire day coming up with more names to add to it.

I'll start you off....

Alan gow.

Gigolo-Aunt
Well thats fine. Why don't you waste your entire day coming up with more names to add to it.

I'll start you off....

Alan gow.

Thats the spirit.

Alan Gow would be an excellent signing IMO.

I'll start you off....

Alan gow.

In all fairness, if you aren't interested in whats being said there's no need to post is there? If he's going to 'waste' his time what harm does it do?

It's Saturday, it's pre-season and Hearts aren't playing, there isn't much else to talk about except speculating on potential signings

My thoughts....

no offence.

This is wothout doubt, one of the worst posts i've ever seen on here.

Greedy_Jambo
This is wothout doubt, one of the worst posts i've ever seen on here.

:cool: Cheers

Captain Lithuania

Grzegorz Szamotulski(gk)

Sander Westerveld(gk)

Alexander Ostlund(df)

Olivier Bernard(df)

Serhat Akin(st)

Your thoughts...

Douglas Rinaldi, that's about all I can think of.

Captain Lithuania
Some scoring record for Cyprus.

An even better one for Enosis Neon Paralimni, just under a goal every two games, but that was some time ago. At 30 years old I don't really think he would be worth it, to be honest, he's past his best.

Looking at the list it appears to be made up of the only half decent looking Unattached Football Players on Wikipedia

The only two I think you could offer anything would be Ostlund and Kostantinou although there must be reasons why Ostlund was released from Southampton as he played relatively regularly and was a fans favourite. Kostantinou would be a risk as he has recent injury issues

Gow, Boyd, Riordan, O'Conner, Novo, Burke, Alexander (Neil), D. Barr, Kennedy to name a few.

Greedy_Jambo
Gow, Boyd, Riordan, O'Conner, Novo, Burke, Alexander (Neil), D. Barr, Kennedy to name a few.

REALISTICLY....... we should go for gow.

i can't see any of the others wanting to play for us.

not sure about alexander or d.barr.

REALISTICLY....... we should go for gow.

i can't see any of the others wanting to play for us.

not sure about alexander or d.barr.

Barring wages (& novo being blue to the core) I can't see ANY reason why none of them would join us.

All of them are desperate for first team football and I thnk would jump at the chance to join us, imo obviously.

Only a Game

Of those Boyd, O'Connor and Novo would cost too much in fee and salary for us to even contemplate, and none of them with the possible exception of homesick O'Connor would even consider joining us.

Gow seems to be happy to sit out his contract unless the moveway deal is right. Someone who prefers anonymity over first team football IMO. ( not the sort we should be looking at)

Burke is injury prone and inconsistent but at his best and being consistent would be a good signing, who we could afford and might well want to come if the deal was right.

Riordan I am huge admirer of but he'd cost ?1million and would take a hell of a lot of convincing to come.

Dont know an awful lot about Alexander or Barr but I really liked Kennedy when he first broke into the Celtic team and I'd take him on loan to see if he can get that back. Only with the option to buy at an agreed price though.

Burke Riordan and Kennedy would make 3 VERY good signings in positions we badly need sorted IMO.

Greedy_Jambo

Gow is on good wages... but surely not that good that its out of hearts league!!? he doesn't get a game for god sake!!!!! he's went from playing for falkirk to not playing at all!!!

(in my opinion) gow is the most realistic signing for us.

I don't even want novo or burke. too blue for me.

Only a Game
Gow is on good wages... but surely not that good that its out of hearts league!!? he doesn't get a game for god sake!!!!! he's went from playing for falkirk to not playing at all!!!

(in my opinion) gow is the most realistic signing for us.

I don't even want novo or burke. too blue for me.

Lets suppose he is on between 8k-10k a week. Thats affordable to Hearts but we need a hell of a lot better player than Gow is to part with that kind of weekly wage now.

We can probably get more for our money and I'm not a big fan of players who knew fine well he wouldnt get a game but signed for Rangers anyway. It says something about their priorites and we need different people to what Gow seems to be if we're going to be paying that much a week.

Greedy_Jambo

I don't beleive that people that go to the old firm know theyre going to be sitting on the bench collecting cash. (although they should)

Most players will be thinking... right.. this is a step up and im going to prove to everyone that im a top class player....while also getting a lot more money.

I don't know what happens after that...

They either realise that there not as good as they thought... or the manager takes a dislike to them.

Csabas the man

Boyd, Riordan, O'Conner, Novo and Burke would take some praising to be brought to tynie

Gow and Alexander would maybe want to come but would want bigger wages

D. Barr would maybe want to come and Kennedy i jst dont rate as he is to injury prone

as for Szamotulski i would take in a second and i think he would want to come back to scotland, for what ave seen of Ostlund and Akin thay look pretty good but would want bigger wages

Westerveld i think is too old and Bernard is murder, never want to see him at tynie again

not seen much Konstantinou so i cant comment

Szamotulski, Arfield, Barr, Gow, Gomis, Reynolds, others i'd mentioned on JKB before have moved, Niculae, Kalvanes, McCormack and Hunt.

Greedy_Jambo
Boyd, Riordan, O'Conner, Novo and Burke would take some praising to be brought to tynie

Gow and Alexander would maybe want to come but would want bigger wages

D. Barr would maybe want to come and Kennedy i jst dont rate as he is to injury prone

as for Szamotulski i would take in a second and i think he would want to come back to scotland, for what ave seen of Ostlund and Akin thay look pretty good but would want bigger wages

Westerveld i think is too old and Bernard is murder, never want to see him at tynie again

not seen much Konstantinou so i cant comment

You probably shouldn't of changed your name to that. did you not once have "rix is the man" ?

rudi must stay

Grzegorz Szamotulski(gk)

Sander Westerveld(gk)

Alexander Ostlund(df)

Olivier Bernard(df)

Serhat Akin(st)

Your thoughts...

can remember Westerveld being a total bombscare for Liverpool so imo not what we need, hes also ancient.

As for Bernard, he'd have big wage demands and he's also not that much better than who we have at the moment.

The one highlighted is the only one I consider realistic, I can't see the others wanting less that ?8k - ?10k a week which I don't believe we're in the market for paying anymore.

As for Bernard, have you ever seen him play?

dont agree, westerveld was at spart rotterdam last season and would have been on much less than 8k, hes gettin on but i reckon he would do a job for a season or 2.

The People's Chimp

I'll start you off....

Alan gow.

why don't you waste your entire day writing replies on thread you think are a waste of time?

oh wait, you already have.

Greedy_Jambo
why don't you waste your entire day writing replies on thread you think are a waste of time?

oh wait, you already have.

I have yes. well spotted. I was staying in anyway. cycled to work all week and yeah.. sore legs. got the beers on the go and the fajitas on the go. i would of rather done something more worth while but hey... This thread is nothing without me.

The People's Chimp
I have yes. well spotted. I was staying in anyway. cycled to work all week and yeah.. sore legs. got the beers on the go and the fajitas on the go. i would of rather done something more worth while but hey... This thread is nothing without me.

better watch you don't burn your fajitas.

Greedy_Jambo
better watch you don't burn your fajitas.

You ever thought about being a butler?

I need someone like you.

grumpyespana

I remember a few years ago I was screaming for the Hearts to sign a young guy from Raith Rovers who was scoring goals for fun,they never did so he signed for Dundee his name ( Nacho Novo ). I also see it happening again his name ( Offiong ) who also scores goals for fun from Hamilton Accies, he would be a good foil for the big dane who can be the jambos Carrew ( Aston Villa ).

Grumpy.

The People's Chimp
You ever thought about being a butler?

I need someone like you.

you couldn't afford someone like me.

chester copperpot
you couldn't afford someone like me.

I could though. Come roond to my hoose and we'll get mad with it. Then you can clean my floor.

After the 20G's of charlie I give you.

Only a Game
I remember a few years ago I was screaming for the Hearts to sign a young guy from Raith Rovers who was scoring goals for fun,they never did so he signed for Dundee his name ( Nacho Novo ). I also see it happening again his name ( Offiong ) who also scores goals for fun from Hamilton Accies, he would be a good foil for the big dane who can be the jambos Carrew ( Aston Villa ).

Grumpy.

Ive been watching Offiong for years since he was at Newcastle. He was unlucky not to get a chance in the first team there and a combination of the disappointment of not making it there, and a few bad moves and injuries held him back for a few years.

But he's got a great scoring record at Hamilton and he's just the sort we could/should be taking a chance on. If he performs in the SPL at the same kind of level he's been doing in the lower leagues, a much bigger club will snap him up in January.

Plus he's only 24 but has been around a bit already

Csabas the man
You probably shouldn't of changed your name to that. did you not once have "rix is the man" ?

ave jst signed up on this like a week ago

I could though. Come roond to my hoose and we'll get mad with it. Then you can clean my floor.

After the 20G's of charlie I give you.

Sounds like a party.

Need techno? :P

o'conner can feck off he's an amazing player don't get me wrong but he's a cokehead and i reckon he could cause unrest between other members of the squad and most people would'nt accept him at us either.

Archived