Mobiles and driving

Professor.Arturo

Ban these drivers?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ban these drivers?

• Automatic ban
    • Current penalties are sufficient

Professor.Arturo

Its my opinion that anyone being caught using a mobile phone while driving should face the same penalties as a drunk driver, its just as dangerous as they are not in control of their vehicle.

Heavy fine and an automatic 12 month ban, for first offence. Longer ban and possible re-sit for second offence.

3 poxy points does not deter these morons.

Automatic 6 month ban for first offence.

2 year ban and retest if caught again.

Lifetime ban if caught for the third time.

Absolutely no need to use a handheld mobile while driving. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whilst I agree that driving whilst using a mobile is out of order, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as driving whilst drunk.

I'm the one that's voted "current penalties are sufficient".

Yes, it's wrong and, yes, it should be punished, but it's nowhere near on the same level as drunk-driving.

Pete Seeger

Where's the slap on the wrist and be on your way option? I vote for it.

Guest gorgie kev

Yeah driving while talking on the phone is dangerous,what about reaching over to change cd's and the radio or people rummaging around looking for fags then trying to light the feckings things both equally dangerous necause they int concentrating on the road.

davemclaren
Yeah driving while talking on the phone is dangerous,what about reaching over to change cd's and the radio or people rummaging around looking for fags then trying to light the feckings things both equally dangerous necause they int concentrating on the road.

Having the wife nag you can also be distracting.....for me anyway!!

or eating a packet of crisps, pi$$ing about with your sat-nav, or the worst I've seen, reading the paper on the steering wheel.

Guest gorgie kev
Having the wife nag you can also be distracting.....for me anyway!!

Nag????Thought you said something else there :eek::eek:

Archived