Drinking then Driving

PsychocAndy

PsychocAndy

I've not a had drink for 4 years until last night. I had 2 1/2 pints and felt a bit rubbery. In bed by midnight.

I'm 6ft 4" and had a couple of sausage and bacon rolls this morning, should my alcohol limit be under the drink drive limit by now or should I leave it till tomorrow. Baring in mind I need to be somewhere today.

Thanks for any help given.

John Findlay
I've not a had drink for 4 years until last night. I had 2 1/2 pints and felt a bit rubbery. In bed by midnight.

I'm 6ft 4" and had a couple of sausage and bacon rolls this morning, should my alcohol limit be under the drink drive limit by now or should I leave it till tomorrow. Baring in mind I need to be somewhere today.

Use public transport today.

If you drive sods law says you will be pulled over breathalysed and fail.

Is it really worth it? No.

Better being safe than sorry. Use public transport today.

John

PsychocAndy

Your right of course. I,m just being a selfish tw@t. God how I hate buses.

Yeah, go with the bus.

Honestly mate, you don't want to have to go through the process of getting your licence all over again. I'm trying to get through my driving test at the moment and believe me it's not something you want to have to go through twice.

Your body processes a unit of alcohol roughly every hour, so two and a half pints is five hours.

It's been over 12, you'll be absolutely fine, unless it was two and a half pints of vodka...

Do The Dance
Your body processes a unit of alcohol roughly every hour, so two and a half pints is five hours.

It's been over 12, you'll be absolutely fine, unless it was two and a half pints of vodka...

That's what I was thinking!

If you feel dodgy or hungover then don't do it.

If you feel fine then you'll be fine, as has already been said the alcohol should be well out of your blood by now

PsychocAndy

Thanks Doc and NIT I'll get the bus better be safe than mowing some poor person.

The bus drivers after, showing them my disable pass, seem to think there Lewis Hamilton, then say sorry pal didnae know your disabled, after I pick myself up off the floor, trying hard to mantain my dignaty.

Do The Dance
Thanks Doc and NIT I'll get the bus better be safe than mowing some poor person.

The bus drivers after, showing them my disable pass, seem to think there Lewis Hamilton, then say sorry pal didnae know your disabled, after I pick myself up off the floor, trying hard to mantain my dignaty.

Well obviously, if you're not feeling up to it, any sort of doubts, take the bus! As you say mate, better to stay safe!

PsychocAndy

Thanks to all.

You can close this thread if you want now.

coppercrutch

You could probably have driven at midnight last night and been under the limit..:rolleyes:

It works out about 2 hours on average for your body to process the alcohol in every pint. What most forget is that includes when you are drinking it. In fact that has got me thinking. If you drink a pint every 2 hours for 12 hours you could probably drive no problem. Is that correct...or am I talking pish..:wacko:

PS - Not saying it would be a good plan.

You could probably have driven at midnight last night and been under the limit..:rolleyes:

It works out about 2 hours on average for your body to process the alcohol in every pint. What most forget is that includes when you are drinking it. In fact that has got me thinking. If you drink a pint every 2 hours for 12 hours you could probably drive no problem. Is that correct...or am I talking pish..:wacko:

PS - Not saying it would be a good plan.

Locically, 2 hours after your last pint, you would be back to zero alcohol and you would be safe to drive after doing what you said.

coppercrutch
Locically, 2 hours after your last pint, you would be back to zero alcohol and you would be safe to drive after doing what you said.

That is what I was thinking. So using this logic someone could theoretically go on a week long non stop bender and drive home. Very tired.

Jambof3tornado
That is what I was thinking. So using this logic someone could theoretically go on a week long non stop bender and drive home. Very tired.

And park in next doors front room!!!:eek:

davemclaren

I don't think it's quite that simple but feel free to try. :P

coppercrutch
I don't think it's quite that simple but feel free to try. :P

Think I will give it a miss. I get tired after a few bevvies...;)

PsychocAndy
Keep it open.......i love reading about women getting rat a r5ed downing 2 1/2 pints;)

I wasn't ratted just the onset of rubberyness. You try not drinking for a couple of months and then you'll see that your body has a different effect with alcohol. The last time I had a drink was 4 years ago.

Also I'm an ugly man and would make an even uglier woman, right up your street I take it.:rolleyes:

Best bit was trying to get to the bar at Biddie's past some guys in Sumo suits and another lot dressed as knights only for my brother to be refused entry because he had crappy white trainers on, they cost ?20. He'd been looking forward to a Guinness all his holidays and on his last night they wouldnae let him in. He can't get a good pint in his part of Holland, no Irish pubs for miles, nearest one's in Belgium

Doctor FinnBarr
I wasn't ratted just the onset of rubberyness. You try not drinking for a couple of months and then you'll see that your body has a different effect with alcohol. The last time I had a drink was 4 years ago.

Also I'm an ugly man and would make an even uglier woman, right up your street I take it.:rolleyes:

Best bit was trying to get to the bar at Biddie's past some guys in Sumo suits and another lot dressed as knights only for my brother to be refused entry because he had crappy white trainers on, they cost ?20. He'd been looking forward to a Guinness all his holidays and on his last night they wouldnae let him in. He can't get a good pint in his part of Holland, no Irish pubs for miles, nearest one's in Belgium

Where is he in Holland? The Limburg region has quite a few pubs with the Guinness shoogler in them, and a damn good pint it is too! Expensive tho.

:dribble:

chester copperpot

2 and a half pints after 12 hours. I smell a poof.

FFS even my 6 year old would be able to drive after that. ;);)

PsychocAndy
Where is he in Holland? The Limburg region has quite a few pubs with the Guinness shoogler in them, and a damn good pint it is too! Expensive tho.

:dribble:

Ternuzen in Zeeland

PsychocAndy
2 and a half pints after 12 hours. I smell a poof.

FFS even my 6 year old would be able to drive after that. ;);)

That's nice coming from a Tea Pot;):whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr
Ternuzen in Zeeland

Guaranteed there will be a bar around someplace with a Guinness shoogler in it.

:)

PsychocAndy
Guaranteed there will be a bar around someplace with a Guinness shoogler in it.

:)

He's stayed there for the last 10 years and yet to get past the cafe;)

Doctor FinnBarr
He's stayed there for the last 10 years and yet to get past the cafe;)
Ha, own fault then!:confused:

PsychocAndy

No seriously the place is 3rd world, I mean you couldnae get a curlywurly there until a couple of years ago. I've been and the boozers weren't up to much, and a bit hostile, I was wearing the Hearts Ajax style top mind you and they don't like Ajax there.

Doctor FinnBarr
No seriously the place is 3rd world, I mean you couldnae get a curlywurly there until a couple of years ago. I've been and the boozers weren't up to much, and a bit hostile, I was wearing the Hearts Ajax style top mind you and they don't like Ajax there.

Mmm!

:confused:

Era Macaroons

just stay in and get more pi$$ed :hobofish:

PsychocAndy
just stay in and get more pi$$ed :hobofish:

Your a bad man for that and I hope your next pooh is a hedgehog.:sterb032:

Archived