something happened at sighthill/dodger?

richierich

Nucky Thompson

I hope the dodger has been burned down:cool: Fecking full of hobo erses.

grumpyjambo
Sighthill Centre all sealed off and Police all round, anyone know what's happened?:eek:

Place should be shut down, full of the criminal class.

They should knock down Sighthill/Wester Hailes and start again.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when those empty flats at Sighthill are being demolished ?

Speaking of which, does anyone know when those empty flats at Sighthill are being demolished ?

Rumour has it that there isn't going to be a big demolition day due to the other houses around being too close. Instead its being taken down slowly over a longer period, which disappointed me a bit.....

Rumour has it that there isn't going to be a big demolition day due to the other houses around being too close. Instead its being taken down slowly over a longer period, which disappointed me a bit.....

That's a shame.

My little 'un has been looking forward to it for weeks.

A guy was stabbed in the BUTT, the guy who done it is not from the area,the victim is...

in hospital with a sore arse!

I hope the dodger has been burned down:cool: Fecking full of hobo erses.

Since when? It`s a Hearts pub by majority, easy. Just because a Hobo has ran it for years doesn`t mean it`s Hobo pub.

The place was heaving and bouncing after we won the cup.

The best one was all the Jambos eating a prematurely baked League cup winners cake and supping champagne laid on for the wee drop of Hobos coming back from Hampdump after their humping fae Livingston.

They were offered a bit. hahahaha

Since when? It`s a Hearts pub by majority, easy. Just because a Hobo has ran it for years doesn`t mean it`s Hobo pub.

The best one was all the Jambos eating a prematurely baked League cup winners cake and supping champagne laid on for the wee drop of Hobos coming back from Hampdump after their humping fae Livingston.

talk about eating humble pie:p:p:p:p

andy1874hmfc

Best idea I've heard in a long time.;)

Adi Dassler

Easy Tiger, nothing wrong with Sighthill.

The Dodger is NOT a Hibs pub, as stated by D4, Eric is a Hibby and they do run a bus to the bigger games but mostly Jambos IMO.

Re the stabbing, everyone seems to know who done it so i assume the Polis have already chapped his door.

Nucky Thompson
A guy was stabbed in the BUTT, the guy who done it is not from the area,the victim is...
Yeah mate we both know the victim:cool: Stabbed 3 times is what I heard today.

Nucky Thompson
Since when ya tool? It`s a Hearts pub by majority, easy. Just because a Hobo has ran it for years doesn`t mean it`s Hobo pub.

Fair do's, but the only time I was in it I thought it was a Hobo stronghold in the west of the city.

jackjambo22
Fair do's, but the only time I was in it I thought it was a Hobo stronghold in the west of the city.

Sadly stabbings and worse are no stranger to dodgy housing schemes:(

My experience of living in one (even now )confirms that :rolleyes:

Konrad von Carstein
Yeah mate we both know the victim:cool: Stabbed 3 times is what I heard today.

I know the victim too....an while he's no angel the nob who did this to him should be put away for a very long time...knifes do my **** head in...usualy used by erses who are not as hard as they think the are.

BTW nowt wrong with Sighthill and surrounding estates....Broomie/S Mains just too many ***** who need to get a **** job who stoat about bien arshles

Didn`t mean to call you a tool but it`s a subject that riles me. It`s not as if it`s some famous swanky up town pub but there seems to be this myth that has spread about the Dodger.

It`s like any other pub in Edinburgh, mixed football community but one team has the majority, and in this case it`s Hearts and it always has been.

The guy who runs it has had it for years and years now and he`s a Hobo. They do run a bus for the local Hobos if they get a to a semi/final but they are well and truly outnumbered when it`s turn about.

I`ve been in there after humping them in derbies and it`s incredible how little the Hobo presence is because you at least get some who can face the music. But when the tables are turned you still get plenty Jambos going back but the Hobo presence has expectedly risen dramatically!(thankfully the latter doesn`t happen too often!;))

I know the victim too....an while he's no angel the nob who did this to him should be put away for a very long time...knifes do my **** head in...usualy used by erses who are not as hard as they think the are.

BTW nowt wrong with Sighthill and surrounding estates....Broomie/S Mains just too many ***** who need to get a **** job who stoat about bien arshles

Your right mate, i grew up in the Calders and i have fond memories of growing up in the place through the Eighties. It had a real sense of community and the place was bustling with kids playing outside all the time.

There`s always been arseh**es but there seems to be far more now and they take it a step too far. Years ago you had the odd bam that stabbed but it seems rife these days and not just here but right across Britain, as has been well publicised recently.

I`m back up at Sighthill Centre when i go for a pint now and again at the Dodger and it seems to be getting more run down day to day. But still, you see many old faces who still use the centre because at the end of the day it`s their home.

Archived