Talk 107 Live Now

Greedy_Jambo

Greedy_Jambo

Stevie Frail is on the show and theyre getting it up the hibbies a bit :)

Guest Maroon Carpet
Stevie Frail is on the show and theyre getting it up the hibbies a bit :)

Shaggy seems to be more of a celebrity now than he was or should have been at Hearts.

Greedy_Jambo

Its good to listen to. He's so close to telling us all something that he's not suppose to say.

portobellojambo1
Its good to listen to. He's so close to telling us all something that he's not suppose to say.

I think he is stuck in no man's land to be honest. I am sure there are things he could say, possibly things he would like to say, and as he indicated if he did he would make a lot more money than he got as his severance package. But he also knows that if he did spill the beans he could or would become unemployable within football circles, and that is not a risk worth taking.

Graham Rix on now... given it to Shaggy tight!;)

sounds like he's going to write a book about his time at the jambos!

EDIT:---- he's writing the book now!

portobellojambo1
sounds like he's going to write a book about his time at the jambos!

He is writing a book, which will span his whole career, and from what he is saying he will reveal all with regards to Hearts, and hold nothing back. He is not sure if he is covered by a confidentiality agreement, he doesn't think so, but from the way he was speaking he gives the impression he doesn't give a feck anyway, he wants Hearts fans to know.

Pants Shaton
He is writing a book, which will span his whole career, and from what he is saying he will reveal all with regards to Hearts, and hold nothing back. He is not sure if he is covered by a confidentiality agreement, he doesn't think so, but from the way he was speaking he gives the impression he doesn't give a feck anyway, he wants Hearts fans to know.

Are we talking about Rix or Frail?

Says he doesn't shed a tear over Hearts gettin beat or owt after how he was treated, but spares a thought for the players he coached and the fans. He finds it hard to feel sorry for anything that happens to Hearts after the way he was treated. It has left a bitter taste in the mouth.

He had to speak out at the Dundee Utd game as things had gone too far. He spoke out to protect the players and to protect his job (ie: who was choosing the team) even though it cost him his job... Shaggy who was there at the time goes on to say that Rix agonised over the decision and that he had the complete backing of the players... and that he was missed by them all when he went!

Rix reckons Valdas had nothing to do with any success at Hearts and that he basically kept Burley's team on track and that he was a success there.

He is also writing a book (about his career) and that there will be a chapter in it about Hearts and he'll tell all!!!

Shaggy has signed a confidentiality agreement but Rix hasn't!

Pressley also said that Rix was a proper manager, a man's manager and a true gent, Shaggy agreed.

Despite his past... those in football know that Rix knew what he was doing.

Rix is writing the book... about his career!

He'll tell all about what went on at Hearts!;)

Shaggy also saying he WASN'T meant to be making any decisions before or during the games... but he made a few anyway!:eek:

Rudi Skacel

I dont think Rix got a fair bite at the cherry. The fact he was sacked should mean that no clause was agreed no? Or was it another mutual agreement? Anyway will be interesting to read and find out from one side what Romanov was like as a boss.

IMO Rix has no right to say anything about Valdas, I have grave doubts as to whether we would have won the cup if Rix had still been at the helm

IMO Rix has no right to say anything about Valdas, I have grave doubts as to whether we would have won the cup if Rix had still been at the helm

Doubt we'd have got through the semi with him in charge.

The team got a second wind when he was sacked.

portobellojambo1

It is Graham Rix that is writing the book, apologies GMAN, should have made that clear. I think he finds himself in a position now where, as he says, he has a very comfortable job in Spain, and he is probably not fussy how Romanov (for example) may react to what he writes.

Nucky Thompson

Rix can GTF with his exclusive. Trying to plug his pish book IMO:rolleyes:

gowestjambo
Says he doesn't shed a tear over Hearts gettin beat or owt after how he was treated, but spares a thought for the players he coached and the fans. He finds it hard to feel sorry for anything that happens to Hearts after the way he was treated. It has left a bitter taste in the mouth.

He had to speak out at the Dundee Utd game as things had gone too far. He spoke out to protect the players and to protect his job (ie: who was choosing the team) even though it cost him his job... Shaggy who was there at the time goes on to say that Rix agonised over the decision and that he had the complete backing of the players... and that he was missed by them all when he went!

Rix reckons Valdas had nothing to do with any success at Hearts and that he basically kept Burley's team on track and that he was a success there.

He is also writing a book (about his career) and that there will be a chapter in it about Hearts and he'll tell all!!!

Pressley also said that Rix was a proper manager, a man's manager and a true gent, Shaggy agreed.

If Rix knew what he was doing it certainly did not look like that to me, or thousands of others! If he had stayed we would not have won the cup!!

loveofthegame
Rix can GTF with his exclusive. Trying to plug his pish book IMO:rolleyes:

Well i'll be buying it, thats for sure. Could be a horrible, scary but great read, finally finding out exactly what went wrong.

With both Frail and Rix saying these things it does put the fear into you. I just hope Vlad has learnt and will change. I however am sceptical:sad:

Denny Crane

I feel we would have won the Cup under Rix. That Champion's League spot however.... I'm not so sure (that 2-1 win at Falkirk being my main point of reference - I just have this feeling that game would have finished 1-1 under Rix. Valdas took a few risks in those last 10 minutes - something I can't wholeheartedly claim Rix would have done).

Professor.Arturo

Off the top of my head, when Rix took over we were 2 point clear of the mhanks at the top, when he got the bullet we were 15 points behind them.

We managed to scrape second thanks to Valdas.

Most of us will probably still buy Rix's book (even though we might not admit it) ;)

Johanes de Silentio

I will NEVER forgive Rix for telling the players to take the foot off the accelerator when we were 4-0 up on Hibs - if we were ever gonnae take seven aff them, THAT was the day - WRONGFUL!

Al.

If somebody was to come out and say what went on for free I may take notice.

If somebody was to use it to sell a book I would take it with a pinch of salt, obviously it will have to be controversial to sell.

Which is a shame as "Rix" or whoever would no doubt be telling the truth ....

Most of us will probably still buy Rix's book (even though we might not admit it) ;)

And line the pockets of that dirty old nonce ?

No thanks.

john brownlee
Off the top of my head, when Rix took over we were 2 point clear of the mhanks at the top, when he got the bullet we were 15 points behind them.

just mhop but rix didn't have a job before Mr Romanov gave him the Hearts job and to my knowledge he hasn't had one since That in its self says it all.

Look at all the guys apart from sir george that he gave a chance at managing a top level club and take that club to the next step. Have any of them got a decent job or bigger since, than being manager of Hearts apart from being an occasional mouth piece to the weeg press. No not one, they are all losers that were given a chance by a owner that wants to take us to the topper most but is constantly being let down by small time losers that couldn't grasp the nettle or the opportunity presented to them. If they were as good as they think they are or as some posters on here think, they would certainly be employed at a bigger club or at least be in continual employment by now. and not having to hopefully sell a story to the red tops (linda McCartney springs to mind) and his book be bought buy a few thousand, I doubt it will get any prizes or be a sports best seller.

It would be a good exercise for some of the statically minded posters with time on the hands to list the sacked ex employees of Hearts and their present employment and then to judge if Mr Romanov is right or wrong.

Have they improved their position and are they better off with a move away from Hearts.

Lets get behind the new man and support the team and all at Hearts With a bit of luck this new man will have and I hope have the intelligence to do the right thing and instead of fighting the system gets on with the job at hand and that's to take Hearts to the Next level

Dagger Is Back
just mhop but rix didn't have a job before Mr Romanov gave him the Hearts job and to my knowledge he hasn't had one since That in its self says it all.

Look at all the guys apart from sir george that he gave a chance at managing a top level club and take that club to the next step. Have any of them got a decent job or bigger since, than being manager of Hearts apart from being an occasional mouth piece to the weeg press. No not one, they are all losers that were given a chance by a owner that wants to take us to the topper most but is constantly being let down by small time losers that couldn't grasp the nettle or the opportunity presented to them. If they were as good as they think they are or as some posters on here think, they would certainly be employed at a bigger club or at least be in continual employment by now. and not having to hopefully sell a story to the red tops (linda McCartney springs to mind) and his book be bought buy a few thousand, I doubt it will get any prizes or be a sports best seller.

It would be a good exercise for some of the statically minded posters with time on the hands to list the sacked ex employees of Hearts and their present employment and then to judge if Mr Romanov is right or wrong.

Have they improved their position and are they better off with a move away from Hearts.

Lets get behind the new man and support the team and all at Hearts With a bit of luck this new man will have and I hope have the intelligence to do the right thing and instead of fighting the system gets on with the job at hand and that's to take Hearts to the Next level

Only a matter of time so :282:

Hilary Briss

Funny that, he has only ever been a failed manager and if he was any good he would have had another job by now. He should be thankful to Vlad for being mental enough to pluck him out of the wilderness in the 1st place.

If Burley had an axe to grind I would understand but I couldnt give a monkeys what Rix has to say. He has probably realized that he had his last managers job so has got to try and earn a crust another way.

The Old Tolbooth
Doubt we'd have got through the semi with him in charge.

The team got a second wind when he was sacked.

Absolutely agree with that mate, I thought Rix was a disaster waiting to happen, and we might have scraped past Hibs in the semi (seeing as they're easy in that cup anyway), but I cant say we would have beaten Gretna who put up a MUCH better fight.

This post is right and wrong at the same time.

These "losers" were employed IMO because they were that, and would be open to "suggestions" from a non football qualified dude with money.

Should never have been employed in the first place.

I will give new man the chance, lets not kid ourselves though, the Romanov "influence" is already creeping in, I can see it it the interviews.

I don't care, hopefully it's a winning team.

The game where we got beat 3-2 off Celtic summed Rix up for me, 1st half absolutely tanking Celtic, going all out on the offensive, 2nd half totally negative and nervous.

The sex offender can **** right off with his book...complete baw-bag!

shaun.lawson

Rix was, and is, an awful manager - probably because he's not really a manager at all. He's a coach. I don't believe for a moment we'd have got 2nd had he been left in charge, and am highly sceptical that we'd have won the Cup either.

However, this should not negate in any way the ridiculous set of circumstances he had to deal with, nor what he has to say. We all hope that the interference and behind the scenes nonsense are over now, and things can begin afresh - but if they don't, his book will make highly relevant and illuminating reading.

I'm also sick and tired of people who urge those who leave the club to put up or shut up, then slag them off if they do: sorry, but you can't have it both ways. Coming clean about what exactly has been going on is clearly a risky step for anyone in terms of their future employment prospects, and it's cloud cuckoo land to think that anyone would do so for free - but then, it's also cloud cuckoo land to believe that many of those putting the boot into him would behave with the utmost moral probity had they been in the same shoes, just as many of those who criticise "mercenaries" when they exit Tynecastle would themselves jump into a better paid job without a second thought.

I'm not asking for angels or monks here: all I'm interested in is the truth. And if Rix' account better helps us to understand it, he'll actually be doing all those who just want what's best for HMFC a very big service.

Worthing Jambo

We achieved what we achieved because of the players on the pitch at that time.

We now have a manager who agrees!

Let's hope he can walk the talk.

Let's get back to it!

Broxburn_Jambo

Rix was a disgrace as a manager, however you look at the incident that landed him in prison it was unsavoury at best. He lied to the fans before his second game in charge about the availability of pospisil and introduced the hated 4 5 1 formation. If it wasn't for the players and valdas we would not have won the cup. As for frail I don't think I have ever heard so much rubbish in post match conferences about how he saw the game. We are well shot of both and I wouldn't buy a book written by either.

I will NEVER forgive Rix for telling the players to take the foot off the accelerator when we were 4-0 up on Hibs - if we were ever gonnae take seven aff them, THAT was the day - WRONGFUL!

Al.

I wouldn't worry, they way they are playing this pre-season, there could be bad times ahead for the Hobos

:cool:

Guest JamboRobbo

It certainly says it all about your level of knowledge of the subject on which you are talking. He's working for Glenn Hoddle in Spain and seemed quite happy with his lot.

I will NEVER forgive Rix for telling the players to take the foot off the accelerator when we were 4-0 up on Hibs - if we were ever gonnae take seven aff them, THAT was the day

The first game at Fester Road after Mr Mercer's takeover was abandoned was the one where seven plus was definitely on the cards. We were fantastic that day. Unfortunately, rumour has it the police asked Heart of Midlothian FC to go easy on the hapless hobos in the second half in order to avoid serious crowd trouble. :sad:

It certainly says it all about your level of knowledge of the subject on which you are talking. He's working for Glenn Hoddle in Spain and seemed quite happy with his lot.

Yes, I believe they're running an English theme pub called "The Nutter and Nonce".

"The way he was treated"..? It's called Karma.

I dont think Rix got a fair bite at the cherry.

Oh dear - that's a VERY unfortunate metaphor to employ in support of Mr Rix.

Pants Shaton
Oh dear - that's a VERY unfortunate metaphor to employ in support of Mr Rix.

Could be the title of his book: 'My bite at the cherry by Graham Rix'

Any other suggestions?

Maybe Vlad should stop employing such poor quality candidates then?:)

...and what the feck does the Linda McCartney reference relate to?:confused:

Captain Lithuania

Good, we want to know too!

Funny that, he has only ever been a failed manager and if he was any good he would have had another job by now. He should be thankful to Vlad for being mental enough to pluck him out of the wilderness in the 1st place.

If Burley had an axe to grind I would understand but I couldnt give a monkeys what Rix has to say. He has probably realized that he had his last managers job so has got to try and earn a crust another way.

I can't remember too many games when Rix didn't have the basis of Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster, Fyssas, Hartley, Skacel with him. Jankauskas, Pospisil and Bednar were constantly injured not leaving us too many front options.

We all know about Vlad's insistence on Miko/Chesney, no Brellier but apart from the Aberdeen Cup game and the Dundee Utd league game where players were flued up/rested Rix nearly always managed somehow to get out our strongest team. This is credit to him for 'standing up' to Vlad however, there are a number things he should never be forgiven for.

- Accepting away draws, irrespective of how poor the opposition

- Foot off the gas against Hibs. That was our one chance to do them over big time in my lifetime (4 goals wins/Scottish cup wins are becoming tiresome)

- The sheer panic against Partick Thistle

- Having to be told by fans at Tannadice and Livingston to make changes

- The cups of tea.

After it was obvious we were not going to win the league we had half a dozen games we had to win.

Livingston (win - the fans were more responsible) Falkirk (win) Hibs (cup -win)

Killie (win) Aberdeen (win) Gretna (win). I am positive all these outcomes would have been worse if Rix had remained in charge.

Something similar has happened when Frail has been in charge. And on every occasion we have put in abject performances.

Rix/Frail may be good football men in all senses. But the ability their abality to manage, even with the intereference of a meglomaniac (sp?) owner is sadly lacking.

Ryan Gosling

Rix: "I want Hearts fans to know the truth...

...and they can! It's all in my book, priced at ?13.99 by HarperCollins."

shaun.lawson
Rix: "I want Hearts fans to know the truth...

...and they can! It's all in my book, priced at ?13.99 by HarperCollins."

And the chances of anyone else taking such a risk with their future employability prospects (not that he has much, hence his writing this book) for free are...?

Ryan Gosling
And the chances of anyone else taking such a risk with their future employability (not that he has much, hence his writing this book) for free are...?

Well then he shouldn't spout his whole 'I am the pariah of Midlothian, I spread virtue and truth, the truth will set the Jambos free!' pish.

He doesn't want Hearts fans to know the truth, he wants gullible Hearts fans to buy his book in the vain hope that a huge story comes from it.

shaun.lawson
Well then he shouldn't spout his whole 'I am the pariah of Midlothian, I spread virtue and truth, the truth will set the Jambos free!' pish.

He doesn't want Hearts fans to know the truth, he wants gullible Hearts fans to buy his book in the vain hope that a huge story comes from it.

Nope. He does want Hearts fans to know the truth, and also knows he's sitting on a potentially huge story that will help sell his book. It's cloud cuckoo land to think anyone would do anything different in such a position - and as for 'gullible Hearts fans'... So you're saying that if he tells us anything you wouldn't like to hear in terms of his time at the club, he must be lying?

Archived