Talk 107 Live Now

Greedy_Jambo

Ryan Gosling
Nope. He does want Hearts fans to know the truth, and also knows he's sitting on a potentially huge story that will help sell his book. It's cloud cuckoo land to think anyone would do anything different in such a position - and as for 'gullible Hearts fans'... So you're saying that if he tells us anything you wouldn't like to hear in terms of his time at the club, he must be lying?

What's he going to tell us that we don't already know in some aspect?

Rix, Vlads biggest mistake IMO so far. low life **** bag shouldnt have been near

Hearts.

shaun.lawson
What's he going to tell us that we don't already know in some aspect?

Hopefully, a lot more detail about specific events. And if - if - things go pearshaped with Csaba for reasons most non-Hearts observers probably anticipate, that'll make what Rix has to say highly relevant. Fingers crossed all that's in the past, though.

Johanes de Silentio

Think we'd all like to know 'the truth' - let Rix write his book, so he can give 'his' version of 'the truth' - then Pressley, Burley, etc, can all do the same, which would allow anybody who is interested to cross reference the different versions and make their own minds up about what the hell happened!

Al.

Nope. He does want Hearts fans to know the truth, and also knows he's sitting on a potentially huge story that will help sell his book.

I would say we are his only target audience for this book, who else would want to buy the 'life story of a convicted sex-offender' ?

This book will only give his version of events, a wee bit different from hearing the 'truth' imo.

Drylaw Hearts
I would say we are his only target audience for this book, who else would want to buy the 'life story of a convicted sex-offender' ?

This book will only give his version of events, a wee bit different from hearing the 'truth' imo.

I would suggest if he's putting his side of events in a book it will probably be the truth.

I can't see him wanting to endure another very public Court Case due to VR sueing him for lying.

shaun.lawson

I imagine Arsenal fans and a handful of Chelsea fans would buy it as well as some of us. And sure, it's only his version of events: all any researcher, journalist, historian or whatever can do is try and pull together as much evidence as possible and as many people's versions as possible to try and form a realistic interpretation of what happened. Rix' account will just be another step along this process.

Meanwhile, how come you're happy to dismiss his take on things as being a bit different from the truth, but are often so prepared to accept at face value comments which verify your general take on things?

I would suggest if he's putting his side of events in a book it will probably be the truth.

I might well be, it might well also be a jazzed up version of the 'truth' to help sell a book (it does happen).

It will also only be the 'truth' from his side of things..........ie if he comes out and says something along the lines of 'i was told by Romanov to drop player X', what you won't get is the reason from Romanov as to why he told Rix to drop player X.

I don't get too excited about folk who bring out autobiographies 'with a story to tell', if he really cares about Hearts fans and wants us to know, why does he wait until he can make money out of it. He is in it for himself, and knows we will probably be his target audience as i can't see too many people running out to buy the 'life story of a convicted sex-offender'.

I wish no ill on the man, he done the crime and has served his time, but he was a mistake that VR got rid off.

Drylaw Hearts
I might well be, it might well also be a jazzed up version of the 'truth' to help sell a book (it does happen).

It will also only be the 'truth' from his side of things..........ie if he comes out and says something along the lines of 'i was told by Romanov to drop player X', what you won't get is the reason from Romanov as to why he told Rix to drop player X.

How can you be so sure he won't give us reasons ?

I wish no ill on the man, he done the crime and has served his time, but he was a mistake that VR got rid off.

VR has certainly proven to be an extremely poor judge when it comes to hiring/firing Hearts Managers.

How can you be so sure he won't give us reasons ?

We can't until the book is out, but i won't be rushing to read/buy it to find out what may have happened a couple of year ago.

VR has certainly proven to be an extremely poor judge when it comes to hiring/firing Hearts Managers.

Burley hire...good decision

Burley fire...poor decision

Rix hire ...poor decision

Rix fire ... good decision

Ivanauskas hire...so so decision

Ivanauskas fire...good decision

(i wont count any of McGlynn/Maloveef/Cernokov/Frail as they were always 'temps/infills' who were never announced as managers imo)

Csaba hire...early days but seems a good decision.

Like a lot of folk, makes some good decisions and some bad decisions.

All imo of course.

Guest GhostHunter

Somebody should buy the book then upload it to torrents/newsgroup sites.

I aint giving that loser ANY of my money.

What he has to say, is nothing we have not heard before, so it's a monumental waste of money.

He got the benefit of doubt at the start from some of us, but that quickly evaporated when we all saw how horrifically poor he was as a manager, and especially when he adopted that "Woe Is Me" persona towards the end.

Feck him.

However, I bet the sun in Spain is doing wonders for his complexion.

Ryan Gosling

What he has to say, is nothing we have not heard before, so it's a monumental waste of money.

He got the benefit of doubt at the start from some of us, but that quickly evaporated when we all saw how horrifically poor he was as a manager, and especially when he adopted that "Woe Is Me" persona towards the end.

Feck him.

His lips will be even drier now.

Whatever people think of Rix he will provide some PROOF and FACT of what was going on.

Whether or not people will accept that....well I guess I know the answer

ToadKiller Dog

Rix is one person who should think twice about writing a book about his past ,his time at Hearts should only be a footnote compared with other parts of his history.

He wont be giving proof or fact he will be giving his version of the proof or facts.

I doubt it will change anyones mind will more likely entrench already set in stone opinions.

I expect the daily ****** will be in with others for the serialisation,i am more interested with the club and how it is being run now.

I'm only buying it if it's a detailed, blow-by-blow account of his life!

"A great read" - Vladimir Nabokov.

I'm only buying it if it's a detailed, blow-by-blow account of his life!

I wonder if he will give us a blow by blow account of that windy day up in Inverness? (or would that be going over old ground from a couple of year ago?)

I wonder if he will give us a blow by blow account of that windy day up in Inverness? (or would that be going over old ground from a couple of year ago?)

We were shocking that day.

Somebody left out Brellier and played a midfield of midgets that day?

That was definitely a blow (to his) job!

tartofmidlothian

This thread title is very confusing. It's just like time travel.

In other news, who would win in a fight out of Csaba and Rix? Can someone set up a poll? Let's sort this out once and for all.

We were shocking that day.

Somebody left out Brellier and played a midfield of midgets that day?

IIRC it didn't matter what team we put out that day, no team including Barcelona could play in those conditions according to Rix.

Feck him.

Exactly. Get it scanned and uploaded somewhere - sod giving that lizardy git anything. One way or another, he's had quite enough money out of us and our club...

:mad:

IIRC it didn't matter what team we put out that day, no team including Barcelona could play in those conditions according to Rix.

It was a cold and blustery day - but we played according to london Hearts a midfield of Hackett-Aguiar-Hartley-Chesney. Not exactly the hardest working, strongest midfield for those conditions. Brellier not even on the bench.

Problem is whether it be Vlad, Roman, Anderton, Foulkes, Rix, Frail or anyone else it is still only their version of the truth and we will each make up our own mind who we want to believe, but lets be honest we will never get to the ACTUAL TRUTH however it does make interesting reading all the opinions on this forum.

sandyseymour
IMO Rix has no right to say anything about Valdas, I have grave doubts as to whether we would have won the cup if Rix had still been at the helm

absolutely spot on....I wrote at the time that the stats during Rix's time in "charge" in terms of games won and lost suggested that had Hearts continued in the same vain, then we certainly wouldn't have got second place and unlikely to have beaten HIbs in the semi...;)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Whatever people think of Rix he will provide some PROOF and FACT of what was going on.

Whether or not people will accept that....well I guess I know the answer

And?

The truth is that he'll be desperate for a serialisation deal to ensure he gets the readies. I hope HMFC don't ask for injunctions or anything stupid like that because the stories will be: -

ROMANOV PICKED THE TEAM AT TANNADICE

I WAS TOLD TO PLAY MIKO OR I WOULD BE SACKED.

etc etc

Meanwhile, a collective "Is that it?" will be spoken around Scotland.

Charlie-Brown
It was a cold and blustery day - but we played according to london Hearts a midfield of Hackett-Aguiar-Hartley-Chesney. Not exactly the hardest working, strongest midfield for those conditions. Brellier not even on the bench.

As I recall the game ended 0-0 and there was zero creativity from either team? How would have playing the spoiler that was Brellier have helped win the game or would you be looking to consolidate the away point? :P

Generic Username

If Rix wants to write a book about his time at Hearts and "spill the beans" as it were, thats fine, he can do what he likes.

However, am I the only one who thinks it absolutely ridiculous that a person convicted of getting his end away with an underage girl is being allowed to write a book about his WHOLE life - that chapter should make interesting reading;

"I lured her back to my place with the promise of Dandy comics and m&m's...once I'd put on some chap stick, it was all systems go..."

Honestly.

What next?

Michael Barrymores big book of bumming and murder?

If Rix wants to write a book about his time at Hearts and "spill the beans" as it were, thats fine, he can do what he likes.

However, am I the only one who thinks it absolutely ridiculous that a person convicted of getting his end away with an underage girl is being allowed to write a book about his WHOLE life - that chapter should make interesting reading;

"I lured her back to my place with the promise of Dandy comics and m&m's...once I'd put on some chap stick, it was all systems go..."

Honestly.

What next?

Michael Barrymores big book of bumming and murder?

So you know the exact circumstances of both Rix's and Barrymore's situation then..

As I recall the game ended 0-0 and there was zero creativity from either team? How would have playing the spoiler that was Brellier have helped win the game or would you be looking to consolidate the away point? :P

I couldn't believe how quickly Burley got back to Edinburgh after beating Inverness in his only game up there (the previous one to Rix's). Bumped into him at Grand Cru and congratulated him on the winning run. In between trips to the bar for Bud's I said that Brellier had been absolutely magnificent that day and the difference between the 2 teams. He agreed but told me that he had had so much bother with Romanov about Brellier.

Brellier was brilliant for us. Broke the play up, covered for other players, played the simple ball to start attacks. Our midfield were rank that day, lacked any power. He would have made a difference I am sure about it.

Generic Username
So you know the exact circumstances of both Rix's and Barrymore's situation then..

Yup.

I got the book that proceeded Michael Barrymores big book of bumming and murder.

Basically, it's the same book but in pop-up format.

Its very...vivid.

Archived