Manchester Night Out? (Wednesdays)

Cal_

Going down on a wednesday for the Man U - Juve game and was wandering if any kbers in their infinite wisdom knows of any good places to go out in the evening time for a beer and a boogie.

Chheers.:)

loveofthegame

Went on a wed with the g/f and some mates on a wed 2 years ago for the Lille game. We went to a place called the birdcage (think that was the name). Classic night out, although it was during term time and its 1 of their main student nights so dunno what its like 'off-peak.'

Had a lot of up market places round about too though such as TigerTiger and its near the centre so might be a shout.

Pete Seeger
Going down on a wednesday for the Man U - Juve game and was wandering if any kbers in their infinite wisdom knows of any good places to go out in the evening time for a beer and a boogie.

Chheers.:)

I'd stick to Eastlands or Mosside.

The People's Chimp

you should just ask anyone the way to the village/canal st. oh wait this isn't hibs.net, sorry.

try deansgate or the northern quarter, or for a studenty night fallowfield. didsbury as well, but it's quite out of town.

The Vulture

Northern Quarter is good. Depends what you want really, Deansgate is good but it's a bit pretencious. If you fancy a good feed go to Rusholme for a curry. Chorlton also has nice pubs and from there leave Manchester and go to Old Trafford. Walk is about 30 mins.

Fifth Avenue. It's a classier Liquid Rooms playing indie. Can't beat Manchester for it, you're in the home of the best of the scene. No idea what it is like on a Wednesday but it's incredibly cheap on a Friday so might have some deals going.

The Vulture

Fab Cafe was my fav club when going there. It's on Portland Street, plays lots of the Manchester tunes (e.g. Joy Div/New Order, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays etc). Great city anyway, have a good one.

Im going down on the Friday before for Oles testimonial on the Sat. I recon your pretty safe with the printworks, I normally go there and its a good night out. I've heard recently though that I should try Deansgate?! So maybe give it a bash there also, aslong as theres pints of Becks on the go and abit eyecandy :)

was down in Mancheser on a uni night out last year - the Printworks is ace, then highly reccommend TigerTiger - loadsa high-class-ass! :P

Archived