Lunch time pints

K1874M

Had a few and starting to fall asleep... tried to do some work, managed half an hours worth and cant get my head in to any thing...

Whats going to make the next hour and a half pass quickly.... any one?

Say What Again

I packed in the lunchtime pints for that very reason mate.

The next hour and a half will be the longest of your life.

chester copperpot

Lunchtime pints, what kind of 2 bit jobs do you's 2 do?

I could never get away with that.

Just discussing with my Director... its the sitting down for long periods after a couple (and a bit) without banter or beer, it sends you to sleep.

I keep looking at piles of paper on my desk thinking, I could do that... nah wont bother... could do that... nah can wait till monday... and so on.

Its killing me. Might got for another fag.

Push paper and moan at people then drink pints at lunch... that should have been my job description.

Say What Again

I work in the Parliament mate so that probably explains a lot :P

JoH is it the Scottish parliament that you work in?

if so what do you do as my mum works there

Hehe when I worked at Tesco I used to get away with 6 pints of Guinness in an hour:dribble:

Pity I've gotten too old and can't trust myself to go to the pub for just 1 at lunch:dribble:

You could accompany the pints with bolivian marching powder ;)

That'll keep you awake??

(Joke)

Go to the bog - that could easily take up 3/4 of an hour.

Been their done that, almost fell asleep.

Theirs an office full of tastey birds opposite us... been sitting leching at them but this can only last so long.

chester copperpot
Hehe when I worked at Tesco I used to get away with 6 pints of Guinness in an hour:dribble:

Pity I've gotten too old and can't trust myself to go to the pub for just 1 at lunch:dribble:

When I worked for the Council as a C/Tax Administrator, my team leader at the time insisted that everyone in his team wolfed down 4 pints in our lunch break on the Friday afternoon. It was great getting abused by jakey's who hadn't paid their C/Tax on a Friday afternoon and you didn't have a care in the world.

I actually liked my T/L in the Cooncil.

You could accompany the pints with bolivian marching powder ;)

That'll keep you awake??

(Joke)

I would never do that. You must have me mistaken for someone else. Possibly KennyM.

chester copperpot
I would never do that. You must have me mistaken for someone else. Possibly KennyM.

Lol, made me smile so it did.

Anyone offering? ;):P

Get some caffiene.

Diet coke or coffee or something. Give your brain a little wake up.

Just sent the office natter to the shops for some caffine.

When I worked for the Council as a C/Tax Administrator, my team leader at the time insisted that everyone in his team wolfed down 4 pints in our lunch break on the Friday afternoon. It was great getting abused by jakey's who hadn't paid their C/Tax on a Friday afternoon and you didn't have a care in the world.

I actually liked my T/L in the Cooncil.

I wonder why :rolleyes:

Being drunk at work on friday afternoon is so much better than just being at work on Friday afternoon

The worst one I had was having to do phone interviews with people in India with my bosses boss trying to find someone qualified to do my job after an 8 pint lunchbreak (took an extra 1/2 hour ;p)

Diplomacy was not my strongest point during that afternoon

I once did a 5 pint lunch. Never again. That was HBOS though. No wonder that company is ****.

The People's Chimp

he always was a bit of a dodger that guy. whatever happened to him?

chester copperpot
he always was a bit of a dodger that guy. whatever happened to him?

He died. O/D (RIP KennyM)

I love lunch time pints. helps I'm the boss. Never had any today, so I'm off to the oub now to make up for it

maroonlegions

done it once and never again, went for one and had 4:eek:, worst day at work ever.:cool:

Was playing tennis this afternoon so me and my mate decided to go for a pint afterwards.

That coupled with the Sun has just made me want to go to bed. So glad I pulled out of working tonight.

Now I know why you should not stop drinking in the afternoon.

The Old Tolbooth
I love lunch time pints. helps I'm the boss. Never had any today, so I'm off to the oub now to make up for it

I used to love lunch time pints, don't do it anymore though as I'm self employed now and need to work :wacko:

(Shut it Andy) :)

chester copperpot
I used to love lunch time pints, don't do it anymore though as I'm self employed now and need to work :wacko:

(Shut it Andy) :)

You work on a friday, you're having a giraffe mate. Did ye check yourself oot on Linda's belfast photo's on Bebo?

Looking rather large when you're standing next to Carole from Porty Hearts. :dribble:

Ah saw him at 5.15 pm...still steamin..terrible:rock2:

hahaha ooo ya fecker... Sore head.

Stewart MacD

Better starting at morning tea time, the lunchtime ones are much better then.

Draw lots to see who goes back to work after lunch. Either that or have a relay system in the afternoon e.g. I go back until 3 to man the office, then swap locations with you.

Walter Kidd

You advertising sales boys won't have time to go to the pub on a Friday now the old recession is kicking in.

You need to start looking after us agency boys a bit more and we might remember who our friends are.

Stewart MacD
He clearly liked the lunch time sessions.

Liquidator... Zammo.. cheers. :P

Looks like he needs the heart-starter provided by an early-opener. So much fun went out of life when they extended licensing hours here to allow more gambling revenue to go to the State govt. Previously, only real men ;) went for a quiet one before lunch. Usually pubs near the wharves, and there were many of them. Did decent breakfasts some of them.

You advertising sales boys won't have time to go to the pub on a Friday now the old recession is kicking in.

You need to start looking after us agency boys a bit more and we might remember who our friends are.

You TV boys will be out of business once every one cuts back and sticks all their money online.

tv and print are the only media's going south arent they? ;)

Walter Kidd
You TV boys will be out of business once every one cuts back and sticks all their money online.

tv and print are the only media's going south arent they? ;)

TV is down about 20% yoy in September if the estimates are correct. Not good mate, luckily our clients are still spending.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Lunch time pints would floor me nowadays. No longer do it but did it allo the time when I was about 18.

I went out last night for the first time in ages (well apart from a 3 day bender at TITP), had 7 pints and 3 JDs , was absolutely guttered and was home for midnight. Pish poor performance.

Adi Dassler
Lunch time pints would floor me nowadays. No longer do it but did it allo the time when I was about 18.

I went out last night for the first time in ages (well apart from a 3 day bender at TITP), had 7 pints and 3 JDs , was absolutely guttered and was home for midnight. Pish poor performance.

Thought you would have put in an appearance at Evol mate.

Paul was there, he was absolutely trousered.

I think i'm gonnae head out for a hair of the dog shortly.

Archived