• Other

200milesfromgorgie

Is the best comedy EVER. fact. end of.

But who is your favourite?

fozzie for me. wacka wacka

I P Knightley

It's got to be the sad, pathetic, washed-up has-been, Fozzie Bear.

Looking with hindsight, he was a very poignant character to include in a supposedly upbeat and slightly anarchic show. I felt the actor did a super job to portray the depth of persona of a once great funny man struggling to survive in a world that was fast slipping by and leaving him behind. The parallels to Willy Lomax in View From the Bridge are there for all to see.

Then, 30 years later, that fat show-off on Little Britain ripped the arse out of the genre with the "Des" character in the DIY store. Over the top and in yer face.

Say What Again

muppets.gif

He was the best in the Muppet Babies cartoon too 'Animal dance!!'

It's got to be the sad, pathetic, washed-up has-been, Fozzie Bear.

Looking with hindsight, he was a very poignant character to include in a supposedly upbeat and slightly anarchic show. I felt the actor did a super job to portray the depth of persona of a once great funny man struggling to survive in a world that was fast slipping by and leaving him behind. The parallels to Willy Lomax in View From the Bridge are there for all to see.

Then, 30 years later, that fat show-off on Little Britain ripped the arse out of the genre with the "Des" character in the DIY store. Over the top and in yer face.

Thats deep dude.......

My favourite is the pepe the king prawn. IM NOT A SHRIMP IM A KING PRAWN!! You missed him off the poll so I picked Gonzo. Didnt want to pick other.

deeply funny clip

Rizzo: We gotta tell him the truth Pepe

Pepe: You tell him... and I will smack you. I will smack you like a bad bad donkey, okay?

200milesfromgorgie
Thats deep dude.......

My favourite is the pepe the king prawn. IM NOT A SHRIMP IM A KING PRAWN!! You missed him off the poll so I picked Gonzo. Didnt want to pick other.

i'm sorry.

i'm sorry.

no problem. just mind the next time you do a poll to have a poll first to ask all the options youll need in the poll you were going to do originally. :P

Jed The Jedi

fozzie for me. wacka wacka

Fact,end of, what a load of pish, it was gash.

200milesfromgorgie
Fact,end of, what a load of pish, it was gash.

frank oz would cast you out of club jedi for outburst like that. fact. end of. nuff said. whatever.

heartgarfunkel

Still lol at that clip of Animal, Waldorf & Statler were top for me though...

Was 'The Count' - the numerical vampire, Muppets or Sesame Street? Loved his Transylvanian ****

Beaker for me.

Closely followed by Foz.

I used to have a picture of Fozzie Bear on my old pass for work. Security guards never noticed for 2 years until a new guy started and actually checked peoples passes.

ToadKiller Dog

The Muppet show was pure genius would be Gonzo for me ,and the patriotic bald eagle "youre all weirdos"

Say What Again
the patriotic bald eagle "youre all weirdos"

He always reminds me of Mick McCarthy :wacko:

sam_the_eagle.jpg

I P Knightley
Thats deep dude.......

Wa-ay deep, man!

I heard that the poor guy who 'was' Fozzie succumbed to the ravages of a drug dependency that was, only this year, chillingly reflected in the untimely demise of Heath Ledger, haunted by his on-screen persona in the Dark Knight.

Of course, "Fozzie's" demise never made the headlines back then. (a) Because the press wasn't as prurient then as it is now and (B) because the Muppet Corporation bought the press's silence as the last thing they'd want was to be associated to a drugs scandal.

200milesfromgorgie
Wa-ay deep, man!

I heard that the poor guy who 'was' Fozzie succumbed to the ravages of a drug dependency that was, only this year, chillingly reflected in the untimely demise of Heath Ledger, haunted by his on-screen persona in the Dark Knight.

Of course, "Fozzie's" demise never made the headlines back then. (a) Because the press wasn't as prurient then as it is now and (B) because the Muppet Corporation bought the press's silence as the last thing they'd want was to be associated to a drugs scandal.

Pop quiz! How did Fozzie bear get his name?

I P Knightley
Pop quiz! How did Fozzie bear get his name?

"POP" quiz?

Is Pop a clue?

Is it not something to do with Frank Oz who drove a few muppets? Nothing to do with pop music though.

200milesfromgorgie
"POP" quiz?

Is Pop a clue?

Is it not something to do with Frank Oz who drove a few muppets? Nothing to do with pop music though.

well done 1000 points to you.

Bunny Munro

Rizzo for me, he was just cool.

However heavy shouts for Chef, Gonzo, and animal.

Oh and kermit for his cover of the talking heads "Once in a lifetime"

Oh and the count was sesame street.

chester copperpot
I think Beaker is the thinking man's choice.

I think animal is the non thinking man's choice. :P

chester copperpot
The drinking man's choice.

:P

Not at all mate, I've got Gastric Flu, so no alcohol for me this weekend. :P

Archived