JKB player sponsorship 2008 - 2009

Ulysses

siegementality

On last seasons performance the only thing we should sponsor is a boot up the erse.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

hears an idea that the webmasters would need to discuss with hearts. That the player/players we sponser should have maybe once every two months a webchat with us on kickback i.e a thread is set up and the player gets a kb membership. Then for an hour people post on that thread and he can answer bacl (obvious he will be restricted in some things he can answer.)

But it would be a great way for the club and fans to work together.

If JKB want to sponsor a player then I think that's a good idea. However, it should only be subscribers who are eligible for the prize draw as they are the ones who contributed the money that allows JKB to do it.

Incidentally, I've personally sponsored two players in the past and I'm pretty sure it was more than ?300, not least because the prices that were quoted in the matchh day mag at the time excluded VAT.

As for the second player funded entirely by specific contributions, why not?

willie wallace

I would be happy to contribute and then sit back and enjoy the selection process.Would the player chosen be exempt from criticism on here and would we be allowed to shout at him during a match ;)

portobellojambo1
It's about ?385 per player for the full season

Think that is about right Dex. We, PHSC, sponsored a player last season, initially we had all agreed on Roman Bednar, by the time we got our package together he had been shipped out, and we had to switch to Christian Nade, and, if I remember rightly the cost was around that figure. (we got Nade's top at the end of the season, but there was no bugger fat enough on the bus to fit into it, so I think we have stuck it away somewhere and when HMFC get back into Europe we will take it with us and use it as a tent to save on hotel costs). As far as I can see HMFC have not as yet produced updated prices on the official website for the coming season.

I have no objection to contributing towards a 2nd player, however if we are going to do a 2nd player I would prefer if it was one of the younger/youth players, although will go with the flow.

If JKB want to sponsor a player then I think that's a good idea. However, it should only be subscribers who are eligible for the prize draw as they are the ones who contributed the money that allows JKB to do it.

Incidentally, I've personally sponsored two players in the past and I'm pretty sure it was more than ?300, not least because the prices that were quoted in the matchh day mag at the time excluded VAT.

As for the second player funded entirely by specific contributions, why not?

Don't worry Therapist, everything we do (every competition, meeting with Hearts etc) has all been done for the subscribed membership and that's unlikely to change any time soon. Every penny that comes into the company through subs and advertising will go to ensure the survival of the forum, our support of the Macrae's Battalion charity and whatever's left will be for club sponsors and competetion prizes for subscribed members.

Guest JamboRobbo
Count me in.

For the second player - can we sponsor a player from another team eg Zibi:)

I was thinking Andy McNeil mate. Imagine that in their match programme each week. Andy McNeil, brought to you by JambosKickback. :rofl:

Thanks for all the comments so far. Here are some further thoughts in response to some of the points made.

Cost

The figures quoted by a couple of posters (e.g Therapist) are more accurate than mine, because I was basing my estimate on old figures and omitting VAT. The 2008/09 rates aren't out yet, but I suspect the cost for a first team player will be in the region of ?380 to ?400 including taxes. If we want to sponsor a youth player or players the cost will be lower - and maybe that's a way to go as suggested by Jamdub.

Choice

We shouldn't assume too much about the degree of choice available. Sponsorships are available for each player for home kit, away kit and training kit. There's some degree of choice but there's also quite a bit of "first come first served" as well. We'll do our best with the selection, but if we're in the game of only contributing if we can all agree on a player and then get him, then we're not in the game at all.

Prizes

The "goodies" are an automatic part of the package, and we want them given to JKB members. We know that the moderators and management team do important jobs but they won't be getting any of the prizes and in any case they wouldn't ask for them. Picking up on a point made by blairdin, when we say "competitions", we mean that there will be some open and fair way of giving the prizes to members. There might be a raffle or a quiz or a mixture of both, but the recipients won't be hand picked by us. The prizes for the JKB sponsorship will be available to all subscribed members, while the prizes for the "contribution" sponsorship will only be available to the contributors.

Please feel free to make more comments and ask more questions. If you've signalled an interest in contributing, don't be surprised if you hear from me by PM. :thumb:

Why is it Kb'ers are so keen to sponser young boys?

Tbh I would only contribute if I was happy with the set up of the funding, too many irregularities in the past for me to blindly give people cash off here

For gods sake sir or should that be spelt using different letters? how can you even think that let alone post it about the new regime on here?:mad::mad:

The forum has been pulled up by it's bootstraps from a very low and dark place to a point where it is rightly a pre eminent fanzone again.

Here is a way to collectively support HMFC without having to find too much more than the cost of a couple of pints and all you can do is snipe,

For the record I am up for a second player too and expect a pm asking for cash which will be forthcomming without any other questions asked

jambosean75

i think it's a good idea and i would also be willing to contribute to a second player

There's some degree of choice but there's also quite a bit of "first come first served" as well.

Don't forget that last season's sponsors have first dibs over renewal and, IIRC, switching to another player.

Are you sure it is the full kit you receive?

My uncle sponsored Bruno a couple of years ago and only received the home top.

davemclaren

I bags a sweaty sock....however, I believe you are correct. :)

Unfortunately, I don't know what the precise details for the start of season offer are, as I can only find the "part season" offers for last season on the club website, and the club aren't taking calls on the 2008/09 sponsorships for the next few days. The part season offers included the full kit, but it may well be that the full price offer only includes jerseys.

Don't forget that last season's sponsors have first dibs over renewal and, IIRC, switching to another player.

They do, and this necessarily limits the choices for new sponsors - which in turn limits the scope for debate about who we can or should sponsor.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the precise details for the start of season offer are, as I can only find the "part season" offers for last season on the club website, and the club aren't taking calls on the 2008/09 sponsorships for the next few days. The part season offers included the full kit, but it may well be that the full price offer only includes jerseys.

U, I've sponsored a player for the last two seasons and I only got the shirt at the end of the season. Washed and ironed though :)

U, I've sponsored a player for the last two seasons and I only got the shirt at the end of the season. Washed and ironed though :)

At least it was washed and ironed. ;)

The "part season" offer last year was a bit ambiguous, as it offered the signed shirt or the full kit. There was a later offer which included the full kit. It must be something they do to help shift the less popular sponsorships. The package also includes two invites to the end of season sponsors' party.

Anyway, whatever is on offer in the package will be passed on to JKB members. :wacko:

Guest JamboRobbo

Ok, so it looks more and more like we're gonna be ****e again this year.

So rather than sponsoring a Hearts player who we're only gonna get ****ed off with during the season, has any further consideration been given to sponsoring a hobo player for comedy value? e.g. one of their diddy keepers?

"Andy McNeill, brought to you by JambosKickback." printed in the programme each week would certainly make me laugh.

jamboinglasgow

If the unthinkable happens and we sign rat boy, can we sponser him? That would create some fun on the board.

The Future's Maroon

arrghh, just what I was going to say jamboinglasgow?!!

Although the Hibs goalie would be bloody funny!!

On a serious note, Glen or Driver would be my suggestions.

Why don't we show our support for Vlad's new leaf and the new regime by sponsoring their first signing - Obua.

He'll not currently have a sponsor and it would be good if we could all get behind at least one player from day 1.

(assuming, of course, that he gets a work permit!)

I'm up for it, but!

Pick someone with size 10 boots as i'm fed up buying my son boots and a pair half used would come in handy!

jambosean75

if we can't sponser a wee team goal keeper as our second player , how about the mighty pilow-biter;)

We're trying to get information from the club about prices and "who is available". We'll keep you updated.

According to the Programme Csaba is still available, home, away and training.

I think it would be appropriate for JKB to sponser the manager :)

p.s. im up for contributing

Damn right! That would be brilliant. If we sponsor him, he might even feel obliged to sign up and come to talk to us every once in a while. Csaba seems like the sort of guy who would love to chinwag with the fans. :)

Great shout. I am up for contributing also. :)

We're trying to get information from the club about prices and "who is available". We'll keep you updated.

It would be nice if people would call back when you leave them messages. :whistling:

Yes and yes ... got the programme today and looks like Csaba's home kit is still available ! Does that mean a lucky subscriber could be in with the chance of winning a new suit ?

Kingston also still up for grabs ...

Rudi Hates Hibees

What's the latest with this? Has it been decided who the player/players are? Or who's available? As I said before I'm willing to put money towards a second player.

What's the latest with this? Has it been decided who the player/players are? Or who's available? As I said before I'm willing to put money towards a second player.

The latest is that I'm still hoping against hope that the people I left voicemails for at HMFC will get some impulse that will prompt them to call me back. :eek:

Or maybe I'll just have another go at calling on Monday morning.

The latest is that I'm still hoping against hope that the people I left voicemails for at HMFC will get some impulse that will prompt them to call me back. :eek:

Or maybe I'll just have another go at calling on Monday morning.

We could all start calling this Jamie Stevenson chap reminding him to phone you back. Hehe. That might speed things up a little....

We could all start calling this Jamie Stevenson chap reminding him to phone you back. Hehe. That might speed things up a little....

Who is Jamie Stevenson? :confused:

In fairness, Jamie hasn't been the problem, so let's not slag him off.

Archived