JKB player sponsorship 2008 - 2009

Ulysses

The management team at JKB are considering sponsoring a player for the coming season, and we're likely to come to a decision in the next week or so.

As part of the sponsorship package, JKB would get two invitations to the end of season sponsors' party and the full kit for the sponsored player. Our plan is to offer those as prizes to JKB members.

We'd be interested to hear your views about this.

We'd also like to find out if members would be interested in making contributions towards a SECOND sponsorship. The idea would be that - if there was enough interest - members would make a contribution (of a fiver or a tenner) towards another player sponsorship. This package would also include invitations to the end of season sponsors' party and the full kit for the sponsored player, and these would be drawn as prizes among the people who have contributed to that sponsorship.

So please let us know what you think about the general idea of JKB sponsoring a player, and if you would be interested in contributing ?5 or ?10 towards a second sponsorship please post here or drop me a line by PM.

Ulysses

Administrator

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it makes a lot of sense.

To offer an opinion on the second question it'd be helpful to know what the overall cost was to sponsor a player. Does it vary from player to player?

Yeah, okay, I'll come to the end of season sponsors' party with you Uly.

Did I not read that right?

Count me in for a fiver, but you need to unite the JKB fans by sponsoring Robbie or Miko!

I think it makes a lot of sense.

To offer an opinion on the second question it'd be helpful to know what the overall cost was to sponsor a player. Does it vary from player to player?

AFAIK, it's a fixed amount at the start of the season (mid season cheaper rates are available for less popular sponsorships). We don't yet know the rates for next season, but it's probably in the region of ?300. So we'd need to have enough people willing to contribute to make up ?300 for a second sponsorship.

Good idea, I'd contribute to this. Agree with Peanut, would be good if the sponsorship went towards an entertaining player, or one of the up-and-coming youngsters.

I would, but only if it was someone good.

For the JKB sponsorship, the management team will make the best choice we can from the sponsorships available.

If we have enough interest for a second sponsorship, we'll do our best to offer the group of members a choice, but if we get into the business of "I'll only contribute if I like the guy we're sponsoring" then the idea might never get off the ground.

Good idea, I'd contribute to this. Agree with Peanut, would be good if the sponsorship went towards an entertaining player, or one of the up-and-coming youngsters.

As well as the main sponsorships, there is also an option (which costs less) to sponsor youth players.

Don't think it varies apart from 1st team to youth etc, depending on their level depends on their cost. Last I heard it was ?399 + VAT per kit, kits being home, away and training, training being the best option as you get more value for money seeing as you get lots more kit ;)

I'd assume VAT is reclaimable if whoever is registering is vatted, otherwise add another 17.5% onto the ?399 above (per kit).

I'd happily contribute. The club are doing a great job of fixing their *****ly image and I guess something like this would help us do the same! :)

Not really fussed about which player it is, but I do think that for the sake of avoiding argument it's probably wise to steer clear of the more controversial individuals. The best ones are probably snapped up pretty quick...but youngsters could be good? Scott Robinson or Gary Glen maybe?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd be up for this. I also suggest we sponsor Robbie Neilson as it seems everyone on here has an opinion on him! ;)

I'm up for it -- would like to see if we could indeed sponsor a good young player who is part of first team pool -- no point in sponsoring a player we'll never see on a Saturday etc.

If enough funds (and I'm willing to chip in a tenner) then would like to sponsor the oldest first team regular -- a man nearer the age of some of the plus 30's on this board :)

'Young and Old -- a true representation of the Kickback posters'

Rudi Hates Hibees

I'm all for this idea and would quite happily donate some coin towards it!

jamboinglasgow

I would be up for this. Think it would be good to sponser both a senior player and a youth player. I would be prepared to pay ?10.

Though when I hear player sponsership I just keep thinking of those sponser a dog appeals. With a voice over saying, "This is Miko. He was brought in from another country by his eager owner. They all got on and even the neighbours did too. But after Miko attacked a man in black he wasn't the same. The neighbours turned on him and this lasted a few years. But he is starting to get better again even after he made a poorly choosen action at a national show. Please help Miko by sponsering him today and you will get letters from him and pictures. Call now."

Bagsy getting Scott Robinson if we get a youth player.

Yes to Kickback sponsoring a player and yes to Kickback sponsoring a second player from members willing to make an extra contribution.

However, I'm not sure that I agree with using the perks of the sponsorship package as competition prizes. Some of us are thicker than others and if the player is representing Kickback, then everyone should have an equal chance to net the freebie booty.

I would raffle of everything - the perks from player one that Kickback sponsors should be raffled among all Hearts supporting members. The perks from player two should be raffled among the smaller number of members who made the additional contribution.

I would be interested in contributing to the second player.

Yes to Kickback sponsoring a player and yes to Kickback sponsoring a second player from members willing to make an extra contribution.

However, I'm not sure that I agree with using the perks of the sponsorship package as competition prizes. Some of us are thicker than others and if the player is representing Kickback, then everyone should have an equal chance to net the freebie booty.

I would raffle of everything - the perks from player one that Kickback sponsors should be raffled among all Hearts supporting members. The perks from player two should be raffled among the smaller number of members who made the additional contribution.

I can't speak for the other 4 guys but i'm dead against non-subscribed posters having a chance to win our competitions. Subs money keeps the forum alive and I think only those who pay should have a chance to win the shirts / prizes.

I can't speak for the other 4 guys but i'm dead against non-subscribed posters having a chance to win our competitions. Subs money keeps the forum alive and I think only those who pay should have a chance to win the shirts / prizes.

That thought crossed my mind cosanostra, but ultimately whatever player it is will be representing kickback as a whole and not just those of us who contribute to the running of the site. Was thinking especially of kids for example, who are not subscribed members but still part of the forum and I feel they should have a chance to be part of it.

I'm sure those of us who can afford to subscribe can afford another tenner towards a second player.

That thought crossed my mind cosanostra, but ultimately whatever player it is will be representing kickback as a whole and not just those of us who contribute to the running of the site. Was thinking especially of kids for example, who are not subscribed members but still part of the forum and I feel they should have a chance to be part of it.

I'm sure those of us who can afford to subscribe can afford another tenner towards a second player.

That's a reasonable point re kid members, i can see the logic behind that.

Personally, i'd just feel happier knowing that the prizes have gone to posters who have backed us financially as well as with their time and writing efforts.

It's a nice thought blairdin but are there really many kids on this site? I'm not sure if there are....could be wrong though. And even if there were, I'm not sure how appropriate that sort of prize is for them.

I'm with Cosa...there needs to be some sort of benefit for those who contribute financially. This place has improved massively since the change of 'management' and it must cost a penny or two to keep it running this well. And it supports a charity with regular donations which is the best part. These perks would encourage people to subscribe...rewards are good. :)

I'd be interested in sponsoring a player. My preference would be a young player who breaks into the team this season. Obviously it will be difficult to predict exactly how many times they will play but I'd still rather have a younger player to show our support for him.

I agree to JKB sponsoring a player for the coming season; I think its an excellent idea and will (hopefully) serve to keep the profile of jkb high (for the right reasons) in the eyes of the club.

I'd also happily contribute to a second sponsorship - just let me know.

As for the player(s) selected - I'd be happy with any Hearts player (however I'd contribute double if a certain youth player was selected).

Agree with this and would be willing to contribute myself as well

I would, but only if it was someone good.

I think it is a great idea. I agree (kinda) with Peanut though.

I would be more inclined to put cash in if JKB looked towards our youth teams. I think that sponsoring players from the first team would open a can of worms on here.

Post nine on this thread give my opinion on said subject.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18144

Seems fair to me. I'd be interested to sponsor a player however I'm still unlikely to subscribe.

Good idea. I think the first one should be one of the most talked about players on JKB............Neilson/Miko/'No28' (or Hleb:p)

Would be willing to contribute for 2nd player. (would like this to be a promising youth)

I'm up for it. Would also contribute a little extra... say a fiver.

Players; Banks (due to him being a decent bloke), Driver, Rapnik or Karipidis.

thehibsareintheirbeds

What about Banks for the first player- one of the few guys the board as a whole seem to like...

Definitely up for chipping in to sponsor a second player- Rapnik would be ideal.

Dr. Bapswent

I think if we sponsor a player, we should have some influence on if they get a game or not.

Maybe sponsor 2 -3 and let the team know if they are to be played each week.

Why is it Kb'ers are so keen to sponser young boys?

Tbh I would only contribute if I was happy with the set up of the funding, too many irregularities in the past for me to blindly give people cash off here

Drylaw Hearts
It's a nice thought blairdin but are there really many kids on this site? I'm not sure if there are....could be wrong though. And even if there were, I'm not sure how appropriate that sort of prize is for them.

I'm with Cosa...there needs to be some sort of benefit for those who contribute financially. This place has improved massively since the change of 'management' and it must cost a penny or two to keep it running this well. And it supports a charity with regular donations which is the best part. These perks would encourage people to subscribe...rewards are good. :)

There are probably very few kids on here now since the WAJ incident.

Tbh I would only contribute if I was happy with the set up of the funding, too many irregularities in the past for me to blindly give people cash off here

Not from us Prancer.

Please don't forget that when writing sweeping statements like the above.

would be happy to contribute

JKB is pretty high profile these days and invariably mentioned in the press as a source rightly or wrongly so why not.

Just a thought why dont you sponsor Jonathan Brown and give him the nickname "killer" so we can sponsor JKB :)

Toxteth O'Grady
I would be up for this. Think it would be good to sponser both a senior player and a youth player. I would be prepared to pay ?10.

Though when I hear player sponsership I just keep thinking of those sponser a dog appeals. With a voice over saying, "This is Miko. He was brought in from another country by his eager owner. They all got on and even the neighbours did too. But after Miko attacked a man in black he wasn't the same. The neighbours turned on him and this lasted a few years. But he is starting to get better again even after he made a poorly choosen action at a national show. Please help Miko by sponsering him today and you will get letters from him and pictures. Call now."

Bagsy getting Scott Robinson if we get a youth player.

:)

I agree it would be good to sponsor a second player - count me in

Harry Kinnear
I'd be up for this. I also suggest we sponsor Robbie Neilson as it seems everyone on here has an opinion on him! ;)

I'm with Geoff on this one

Excellent idea - happy to contribute to additional sponsorship too.

I'd be up for chipping in for a 2nd player sponsorship. I agree with Cosa too, any goodies to come from it should be for subscribed members only as it's the subs from the paid up users that keep this site running.

Guest JamboRobbo

seems a decent enough idea to sponsor a player if JKB has some excess funds saved up, but not if it's gonna mean JKB needing money for a server or whatever in the near future (to be fair I think it was the previous admins that kept having that issue).

And we should go for a promising youngster, like Eggert or Rapnik IMO.

Or for comedy value, we could sponsor No 28. Might even get some publicity when the "faking it in the UK" episode airs on Lithuanian TV.

I'd be up for a contribution as well.

Should we insist the 1st player gets his name changed to Kickback so that it appears on his gear?

And the second, contributors-sponsored player, could get his name changed to be the same as the JKB name of whichever contributor wins the draw for his kit - the draw would obviously have to be made before the season kicked off.

I'd be interested in this, if we sponsor 2 players there are four prizes as I understand it. IMO:

One of the prizes should be exclusively for subscribed members.

One should be a draw between those who run and moderate the board, I'm guessing they don't get paid for this?

The other two should be raffled for all those who paid part of the sponsorship.

grumpyjambo
I'd be interested in this, if we sponsor 2 players there are four prizes as I understand it. IMO:

One of the prizes should be exclusively for subscribed members.

One should be a draw between those who run and moderate the board, I'm guessing they don't get paid for this?

The other two should be raffled for all those who paid part of the sponsorship.

Good idea!!

I am prepared to contribute to a second player, how about a vote of those prepared to contribute on who it should be?

jamtartsandbees

Sounds like a sound idea to me. I'd like to see one of the youngsters get sponsored. I'd also be willing to contribute a bit towards a second player.

gorgie twins

We would definately like to contribute to a 2nd player sponsorship! Whoever the majority wishes to go for!!

Sounds good. Like the idea of sponsoring a ...er, concensus player (Banks?) from the general JKB funds, plus a youth player from the additional fiver or tenner. Will contribute as required.

Archived