A game of two halves - Hearts put out 2 squads in Germany

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1349331,00.html

It's a case of a game of two halves - literally - this evening here in Germany as Hearts face their first opposition on the club's pre-season tour.

Article continues

Advertisement

Manager Csaba Laszlo likely to name a different team for each half of tonight's game against a Rheingau Select (kick-off 6pm UK).

The Rehingau 'Auswahl' will feature some of the best regional league players within a 15km radius of the stadium here in Geisenheim.

There will be no debut, however, for David Obua who misses this evening's game, after sustaining a rib injury in last night's training session.

The Ugandan international is receiving a precautionary x-ray this morning and is being accompanied by head physio Rob Marshall.

Christian Nade is also ruled out, not yet fit, but is continuing his rehabilitation after returning to pre-season training with a minor knock.

A late decision will also be made about Matej Rapnik after he took a kick to his foot yesterday, morning.

Hearts are training here in Geisenheim this morning, working on set-plays and team shape ahead of tonight's game.

Based on this evening's match and performances, a squad will be selected for Friday evening's big game against Bundesliga 2 cracks Kaiserslautern in Marburg, which is around 70km north of Eltville.

Hearts News and Hearts.TV will have the very best coverage of tonight's big game with audio updates at 5.55pm (UK), half-time and full-time, a detailed match report, action images from SNSpix and on-demand post-match reaction. Tomorrow Hearts.TV subscribers can watch exclusive extended highlights from this evening's game.

Buffalo Bill

I'm really looking forward too seeing more of Rapnik this season. Guys like him and McGowan have 'got it'.

As for Nade, what say Shabba sticks a ten Euro note to his ass and makes him run back to Edinburgh.

Buffalo Bill

The People's Chimp

Agreed re: rapnik. he looks lke he's going to be player, although i'm basing that assessment on his run out in the testimonial and his total pwnage of glen in the soccer am skill skool.

i await the merchants of doom if we get beat tonight in what is basically just a training excersise.

Jamboscanbevicius

Interesting. Actually makes more sense than chopping and changing constantly. means everyone gets a full 45 mins beside the same players rather than rolling off and on which disrupts the flow of preseason games.

Chame Obua is not going to make it. Would have been good to see how he fitted in, and what position he was going to play.

Hope Makela gets a couple of goals tonight. Would like to see him get a run

its a concernt he new lad is unable to play. we seem to pick up daft injuries in pre season. remember last season when the players all came back shattered and injured. I hope he is ok coz i dont wwant to see more players being dumped on the huge pile of dead wood we already have!!

marshallschunkychicken

Are there updates on Hearts.tv?

Or was the 'all the pre-season games' claim "another broken promise form madd vald!!1!!" ?

:)

Interesting. Actually makes more sense than chopping and changing constantly. means everyone gets a full 45 mins beside the same players rather than rolling off and on which disrupts the flow of preseason games.

Chame Obua is not going to make it. Would have been good to see how he fitted in, and what position he was going to play.

Hope Makela gets a couple of goals tonight. Would like to see him get a run

Totally agree

The main purpose now appears to be getting used to shape and tactics.

Much better to have two groups of players playing a half each to avoid interupting the "gelling" process.

Also means the performance levels for each half should be more intense and gives Csaba the chance to see how all players perform in close proximity to each other - rather than over a couple of games

maroonlegions

There will be no debut, however, for David Obua who misses this evening's game, after sustaining a rib injury in last night's training session.:rolleyes:

The Ugandan international is receiving a precautionary x-ray this morning and is being accompanied by head physio Rob Marshall.:rolleyes:

Seems that we have a high ratio of players getting injured in training WTF do they do in training , rugby tackle each other.:mad:

marshallschunkychicken
I wonder if the first half team is the A team or not.

Me too. I heard a rumour that the reason that Nade is not there playing is that he was 'not getting on no damn aeroplane.'

Suffice to say, Ruben Palazuelos was on hand with a nice glass of milk...

:rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh
Me too. I heard a rumour that the reason that Nade is not there playing is that he was 'not getting on no damn aeroplane.'

Suffice to say, Ruben Palazuelos was on hand with a nice glass of milk...

:rolleyes:

And on the "face" of it that was a nice gesture.

Archived