They only sold 2000 less than us for the biggest derby ever

vegas-voss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is always going to stick in their throat - that game will be forever more the day we put all the myths to bed.

I remember the build up like it was yesterday:-

They were going to outnumber us.

They were going to outsing us.

They were going to show us how football should be played.

They were going to make a fool of us in front of the nation.

They were going to pass us off the park on the big, wide surface at Hampden which would suit their swashbuckling approach to the game to a tee.

Their young players would show us that lot's of money was not required to put together a winning team.

And most importantly, that was going to be the year they would put the Scottish Cup hoodoo to rest(love hearing that every year!!!!).

The rest is well remembered history.

Morrissey1914
http://www.upyarkilt.com/ciscup03_04.html

The FACTS are that there were 45,500 at the CIS cup final in 2004 ( I presume this was the cup final you were alluding to in your last post).

The MYTH is that 40k of these were hobo fans.

I work beside a Livi fan and their allocation was 15k of which they sold amost 9.5k.

So the most the hobos could have had was 36k but when you extract sponsors , corporates etc. the TRUE figure was most likely between 25 and 30k MAX.

Nowhere near the 40k nonsense which seems to have been accepted as the truth over on bellends.net.

FFS this is as bad as the gibberish that is often directed at Hearts crowds on hibs.net. Livingson fans were around 15% (being generous) of total crowd at that final and it was clear there were Hibs fans in that section too, so 40,000 not far from reality, plus I would suspect the majority of corporates at that game were Hibs fans. And Hibs sold out allocation for Killie final easily (cannot remember how many though).

And it was not actually relevant either, Hibs would only have needed to sell 30-33,000 to ensure Murrayfield was full, and for some reason some Hearts fans do not seem to accept that many Hibs fans (and quite a few Hearts fans for that matter) were put off by the venue/combined with kick off time and understandably so.

siegementality
FFS this is as bad as the gibberish that is often directed at Hearts crowds on hibs.net. Livingson fans were around 15% (being generous) of total crowd at that final and it was clear there were Hibs fans in that section too, so 40,000 not far from reality, plus I would suspect the majority of corporates at that game were Hibs fans. And Hibs sold out allocation for Killie final easily (cannot remember how many though).

And it was not actually relevant either, Hibs would only have needed to sell 30-33,000 to ensure Murrayfield was full, and for some reason some Hearts fans do not seem to accept that many Hibs fans (and quite a few Hearts fans for that matter) were put off by the venue/combined with kick off time and understandably so.

Absolute pish. Go back to wewereinhidingon02/04/06.net.

Guest gorgie kev

Mate your name is so apt-heaven knows your miserable now- FACT-beat it back to iamnotgoingtobarcagamecosimajunkie.net

So to summarise the Hibs 'argument': but, but, but, but (insert made up random excuse of your choosing).

Reality: ripped to bits on national TV in the biggest derby in 100 years, made all the sweeter by an ex-player they hate getting a hat-trick, outnumbered and outsung.

Endayfunkinstory. :107years:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Is he?, I can't tell:confused:, I'll save that post anyway I'm sure I can use it again when a peg seller appears on this thread with a similiar excuse.:wacko:

Yes, he's saying that maybe the reason for the small group of empty seats in the Hearts end all being grouped together could be that they were tickets held by members of 1-3 buses which were stopped by the police.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Btw I attend games at Hibs and Hearts and have had season tickets for both clubs in the past (though more at ER in recent years I admit), please do not fall for the irritating hibs.net trait of calling anyone who expresses a view that does not suit the consensus a Hobo.

Hibs fans did not to a man complain although a pathetic and vocal minority as you describe did, and the Board of Hibs were rewarded with the kind of support on that day that their attitude deserved and for which many Hibs fans will never forgive them. Do you seriously not think many more Edinburgh/Leith people would not have been up for a Derby played locally (if they can take 40,000 to a final in Glasgow do you not think a semi derby in Edinburgh would attract at least the same), and for that matter a lot more Hearts fans would have been there too.

You know who to blame for that eh? ;)

But why did the venue/kick off time etc only keep the Hibs numbers down, and not the Hearts?

But why did the venue/kick off time etc only keep the Hibs numbers down, and not the Hearts?

That's a real puzzler that one :rolleyes:

Particularly when it was the vermin who wanted the game at Hampden and we wanted it at Murrayfield.

Nelly Terraces

Surprised those mongers want to bring up anything about that day. Total and utter embarrassment for them on and off the pitch. Still, just like them to wallow in their own utter mediocrity.

They'll always be our bitches. The mugs that they are.

Gorgie Rules.

That's just beautiful.

In another time you would have been getting some positive rep my friend! :)

He would if he made it in the first place. ;)

Generic Username

Morning all,

First off, I've been posting a bit on hibs.net (and a wee bit on boysinmaroon) because KB has gone mental since I paid my subscription up and won't load up threads, just the main forum pages - strange.

Anyway.

I'm honestly not over there at the wind up. I think it's a fair evaluation of my posts there the last week or two that I'm trying for open and honest debate.

There are a couple over there who are capable of it and definitely bring something to the table.

There are also, unfortunately, some over there who are complete dings and instantly reply to anything with "Yambo" or "YOBO" etc. It's puzzling.

I just genuinely for the life of me can't work out, even with photographic and video proof, that they'd insist we also had huge gaping holes in our crowd that day.

As for the thread on .net regarding the Barca game. It's ridiculous some of the excuses for not going. Personally, if we were to play Barca this pre season, I'd be all over it like crabs on a hooker. Doesn't matter what day it is, the weather, how many buses I'd have to get, I'd be going.

Some people are saying "ooo tough ecominc times" - last time I checked, it was a quid and ten pence for a single on a bus and the tickets for the game are the same as they were last year.

They say "am no payin 35 for a ticket" yet in the same breath "but if it was at Easter Road for 35 I'd go"!

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE!

Thanks to hibs.net for providing us with one of the most unintentionally hilarious thread in a long time. They'll be calling for us to be banned from europe next...oh wait a minute...they've already done that!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say, so perhaps degenerate and his band of merry denialist hobos could eat humble pie, look at the links to photos provided by top hibby baiter le chat and face facts. The hubz end is a disgraceful wasteland of empty seats, while the hearts end is, basically, rammed. I do feel for the sensible hibby (a rare breed) who looks at flumpocracy.net and can only cringe as excuse after denial after excuse is wheeled out, time after time.

At least morrisey is admitting a problem, although i think he'd be better blaming sir tony of mowbray CHMP for the decision to play at hampden. After all, the hubz fans opposed the move to murrayfield, simply because we'd proposed it. oh and of course they fancied themselves on hampden's "wide open spaces..." PMSL.

Hibernian FC should be made the patron saint of wide open spaces. What a joke any discussion on this matter is. They can't deny that there were more of us, they can't deny that we outsung them, they can't deny that we totally out played them, they can't deny that it was their best chance to win their Holy Grail and they ended up thoroughly humiliated - why are these fools even discussing it? They must have wide open spaces on the brain.

this_is_my_story
That semi proved everything what I'd known all along. Anytime the Hobos made it to a final their crowd was inflated by Jambos who'd go along to the game with some Hobo mates to support an "Edinburgh team". When it came to the bit and it was Hearts V Hobos in the biggest derby ever and the Hobos had their own support only, well we all saw the spaces in the ground which resulted.

All the Hearts players said they were full of confidence after seeing the sea of maroon and white around the ground on their way in on the bus and once inside the ground. The players said they knew they were going to win. I'd imagine it had the opposite effect on the peg sellers.

Anyway GIRUYYFPSHB :107years:

Does that mean "Get it right up ye's ya feckin peg selling Hobo bar-stewards"?

If so, I like that. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I see The Hootsmon is saying it could reach 25,000 now, which would be "respectable".

In that case, when will the revisionism start on deluded.net after the excuses they've trotted out?

this_is_my_story
The collective excuse making that has become the norm on hibs.net is hilarious. I urge anyone who wants a laugh to check it out. We all know that they have historically had to make plenty of excuses and hilarious claims to glory such as floodlights, flair etc to compensate for their lack of achievement, but they are truly excelling themselves at the moment. It seems they are pretty worried about Mixu's lack of managerial / tactical ability, their flairless hoofball ethos and their lack of talented players. If i didn't know any better, i'd say the tables are definitely turning.

Hibernian - a comedy football club for cartoon characters.

:rofl:

Never have I seen their existence more accurately described.

That is now one of my all-time favourite JKB quotes :rofl:

Come on

They didn't go because of their poor form, Oconner's sale and the injuries they had.

We know it and they know it.

Let their team down in the second biggest derby ever and that will always be a fact.

Ask Paul Hartley what he thought when he came out and saw the difference in numbers in each end. The reply usually goes along the lines of "I ****ed myself".

What I found amusing was the amount of stick Malkowski took. Yeah he made a couple of howlers but he also made a couple of top class saves so I thought it evened out over the piece.

How good was Miko's challenge on Sproule before he was sent off. Top class stuff.

Morrissey1914
You know who to blame for that eh? ;)

Er yes, the Hibs Board as stated earlier for their disgraceful attitude toward their fans.

And a lot of Hibs fans were hacked off by the club's attitude and decided they and SFA did not deserve their time/support money on the day, at least Hearts fans (whatever many may think of the Romanovs) were not let down by their club on this occasion so it had less, if any, imapct on attendance.

Chad Sexington
Er yes, the Hibs Board as stated earlier for their disgraceful attitude toward their fans.

And a lot of Hibs fans were hacked off by the club's attitude and decided they and SFA did not deserve their time/support money on the day, at least Hearts fans (whatever many may think of the Romanovs) were not let down by their club on this occasion so it had less, if any, imapct on attendance.

You keep telling yourself that son. :rolleyes:

The hobo "hordes" never showed cos they shat it.

End of thread.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Er, yes. :rolleyes:

By that argument, they would have turned on simian features as well. Can't recall that though.

Morrissey1914
You keep telling yourself that son. :rolleyes:

The hobo "hordes" never showed cos they shat it.

End of thread.

I don't dispute there was a few who claimed they feared a defeat but this was not a main reason for the poor attendance.

Come on

They didn't go because of their poor form, Oconner's sale and the injuries they had.

Let their team down in the second biggest derby ever and that will always be a fact.

Ask Paul Hartley what he thought when he came out and saw the difference in numbers in each end. The reply usually goes along the lines of "I ****ed myself".[/QUOTE]

Having spoken with one of the Hearts officials about that day, he told me that the squad were in great spirits as they left the hotel on the Sunday morning. There was much banter on the coach from the hotel to Hampden, however as the coach got nearer to Hampden I am told that concern was noted about the lack of Hearts fans seen in the vicinity of Hampden.

However, as the coach turned into the Hampden car park the players and officials were blown away by the reception they got from the Hearts support, it had a huge effect on the Hearts party, and as the bus slowly manoeuvred through the 1000s of Hearts fans outside Hampden, the players were silent. Elvis was apparently the first to speak shouting ?no pressure then Valdas?.

After the initial pre game warm up, where the ground was already almost full in the Hearts end while the other end remained almost empty, Elvis used the fans, and what it meant to them, as part of his warm up speech prior to the game. Elvis also insisted that the Hearts team got to the tunnel first, and ensured that when the hibs team arrived to line up beside the Hearts team, the Hearts players would not acknowledge them in any way, the deal was that all Heats players would simply look straight ahead while totally blanking the hobos.

Let there be no mistake about that day, the Hearts players knew that game was won as soon as the coach pulled into the Hampden car park.

gorgie rd eh11

:rofl::dribble:

Let it go mate. Your claim that hibs fans didn't go to see the one and only Edinburgh derby played at Hampden because, they were a bit "hacked of by the clubs attitude" is ridiculous. If it is true, then what a c*ap bunch of supporters you are.

hibs board my arse. It was Mogga's choice as well you know...

See here

'Hibs manager Tony Mowbray would appear to have ruled out the possibility of switching their Scottish Cup semi-final with Hearts to Murrayfield. - "Neutrality, for me, is the main question," Mowbray told BBC Sport. "The fact that Hearts have experience of playing there and have a feel for the place, gives them an advantage." '.

Jam Tarts 1874

What absolute drivel. These excuses just keep getting better! :eek:

So you think Hearts fans were not "hacked off" with Romanov for sacking Burley, employing and sacking Rix then employing Ivanauskas and missing out on our best chance to win the league for 20 years? You need to get a grip! :rolleyes:

Why can't you just put your hands up and admit that time after time after time the hobos just don't turn out to support their team - why? because you are the wee team with a wee support.

John Findlay

See here

'Hibs manager Tony Mowbray would appear to have ruled out the possibility of switching their Scottish Cup semi-final with Hearts to Murrayfield. - "Neutrality, for me, is the main question," Mowbray told BBC Sport. "The fact that Hearts have experience of playing there and have a feel for the place, gives them an advantage." '.

Of course we had never played at Hampden before either.

in a nutshell. Heart of Midlothian and their support turned up. Hibernian and their support did not.

Result: A resounding 4-0 victory for the Heart of Midlothian. Which will always remain a FACT.

John

The People's Chimp

narf. so they were annoyed at the sfa as well now eh? :rofl:

I think it's maybe that hibs armchair supporters decided that HIBS did not deserve their support that day.

ernie winchester

It was Lord of the Rings 3 mate. They needed 8,000 orcs and guess where they got them?

Come on

They didn't go because of their poor form' date=' Oconner's sale and the injuries they had.

[b']Ask Paul Hartley what he thought when he came out and saw the difference in numbers in each end. The reply usually goes along the lines of "I ****ed myself".[/[/b]QUOTE]

Having spoken with one of the Hearts officials about that day, he told me that the squad were in great spirits as they left the hotel on the Sunday morning. There was much banter on the coach from the hotel to Hampden, however as the coach got nearer to Hampden I am told that concern was noted about the lack of Hearts fans seen in the vicinity of Hampden.

However, as the coach turned into the Hampden car park the players and officials were blown away by the reception they got from the Hearts support, it had a huge effect on the Hearts party, and as the bus slowly manoeuvred through the 1000s of Hearts fans outside Hampden, the players were silent. Elvis was apparently the first to speak shouting ?no pressure then Valdas?.

After the initial pre game warm up, where the ground was already almost full in the Hearts end while the other end remained almost empty, Elvis used the fans, and what it meant to them, as part of his warm up speech prior to the game. Elvis also insisted that the Hearts team got to the tunnel first, and ensured that when the hibs team arrived to line up beside the Hearts team, the Hearts players would not acknowledge them in any way, the deal was that all Heats players would simply look straight ahead while totally blanking the hobos.

Let there be no mistake about that day, the Hearts players knew that game was won as soon as the coach pulled into the Hampden car park.

Hackles on the neck when reading that one. Say what you want about him post HMFC, we really really miss an authoritative captain who can speak with great emotional conviction.......... reminds me of the 1990 Grand Slam. Who says that psychology is dead !

I don't dispute there was a few who claimed they feared a defeat but this was not a main reason for the poor attendance.

So, what was the MAIN reason for the poor attendance then?????

:rofl:

I can only assume that you are here on the wind-up and don't believe any of that.

Come on

They didn't go because of their poor form' date=' Oconner's sale and the injuries they had.

[b']Ask Paul Hartley what he thought when he came out and saw the difference in numbers in each end. The reply usually goes along the lines of "I ****ed myself".[/[/b]QUOTE]

Fantastic post.....the hairs on the back of my neck standing to attention. That day will live long in the memory.

They just keep providing laughs, even when they try to rip the **** it backfires. Some dolt has this as his sig picture:

kkkwv4.jpg

Stupid Sexy Flanders
They just keep providing laughs, even when they try to rip the **** it backfires. Some dolt has this as his sig picture:

kkkwv4.jpg

Spelt incorrectly, as per usual.

Morrissey1914

See here

Mowbray did not do himself any favours but Petrie would have had final say on Hibs prefererence.

For the last time plenty of Hibs fans would not go because of the combination of venue and time and their clubs attitude and have not met 1 fan who claimed fear of defeat as reason for not going. Its hardly unique, Hearts fans have discussed boycotts/non-attendance of certain games as protest against their own or other clubs, and generally for what I would see as acceptable reasons.

My last post on this, as I said earlier I attend both ER and Tynecastle regularly (though ER more often) and will be at Hearts pre season friendly v Hull in the hope that it is better than Hibs performances to date.

My last post on this, as I said earlier I attend both ER and Tynecastle regularly (though ER more often) and will be at Hearts pre season friendly v Hull in the hope that it is better than Hibs performances to date.

Last night enough to put you off for good was it eh.....

Come on

Great story and another reason why pressley will always be a Hearts Legend to many,many fans.

I dont want to turn this thread into another Pressley debate as its funnier laughing at the hobos BUT one point about Pressley which I loved was when watching the CUP FINAL DVD and the team bus is on route back to Tynie Mr Pressley says something along the lines of "We should be applauding these people" in reference to the thousands of Jambos who lined the streets!

Magic!!

Mowbray did not do himself any favours but Petrie would have had final say on Hibs prefererence.

For the last time plenty of Hibs fans would not go because of the combination of venue and time and their clubs attitude and have not met 1 fan who claimed fear of defeat as reason for not going. Its hardly unique, Hearts fans have discussed boycotts/non-attendance of certain games as protest against their own or other clubs, and generally for what I would see as acceptable reasons.

Why the hell would they boycott it when the manager and the hibs fans were clamouring to play at Hampden so they could use 'the wide pitch to rip Hearts to shreds'?

It wasn't US that chose Hampden!!!!!

Why the hell would they boycott it when the manager and the hibs fans were clamouring to play at Hampden so they could use 'the wide pitch to rip Hearts to shreds'?

Maybe the chemists open later at the weekend, thus prevented many Hibs fans from travelling early doors?

It's great listening to these stories being churned out as they seem to change as time goes by.

The People's Chimp

Indeed! The hobos all followed sir tony of monkey to a man and joined the cries for the game to be at hampden. Talk about revisionism and denial, I'd never heard this latest excuse until a day or two ago when morrissey brought it out, and i've heard a lot of hobo excuses!

Yes, hearts have talked about a boycott, but WE WOULD NEVER BOYCOTT A SEMI FINAL, especially one against OUR INFERIOR NEIGHBOURS.

TAUGHT A LESSON ON AND OFF THE FIELD. FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW.

maroonlegions

MacHibee,

25/07/2008 12:34:58

I feel we deserve a few pelters from our Gorgie counterparts. Take it easy on us.:107years:

Football aside, i have one question to the Jambo's:

"How many seats would you have filled last night?":rolleyes::107years:

Trying to down play the crappy attendance last night me thinks eh.:107years:

heartsfc_fan

We played Sparta Prague in the UEFA cup not long ago at Murrayfield. The weather was AWFUL. Heavy rain. I know a few folk who stayed in the pub. We still managed 28,000 (if I remember) that night...

Probably a fair reflection that we would've got a heck of a lot more than hibs last night IMO!

Archived