They only sold 2000 less than us for the biggest derby ever

vegas-voss

This taken from yet another BARCA crowd thread on Hibs.net.

I don't think I'd particularly enjoy it, I find the fact it's on a Thursday night as opposed to a Saturday afternoon ridiculous, but if I had the money I'd definitely go. I don't, so I'm not. As much as it's becoming increasingly daft and boring to theorise the ins and outs of this game, I'll shamelessly plug to here :D for a few little insights.

One thing though, can we put to bed any comparisons with the semi final in 2006? Why is history being revised where this was some horrific embarrassment where only 5,000 and a dog were in the Hibs end compared to around 35,000 in the Hearts end? We only sold about 2,000 less with them FFS, the only problem was that they were all grouped together. It looked awful yes, but dragging it al up over and over again is nonsense. Especially now. No comparison.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr

I don't think I'd particularly enjoy it, I find the fact it's on a Thursday night as opposed to a Saturday afternoon ridiculous, but if I had the money I'd definitely go. I don't, so I'm not. As much as it's becoming increasingly daft and boring to theorise the ins and outs of this game, I'll shamelessly plug to here :D for a few little insights.

One thing though, can we put to bed any comparisons with the semi final in 2006? Why is history being revised where this was some horrific embarrassment where only 5,000 and a dog were in the Hibs end compared to around 35,000 in the Hearts end? We only sold about 2,000 less with them FFS, the only problem was that they were all grouped together. It looked awful yes, but dragging it al up over and over again is nonsense. Especially now. No comparison.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Deluded right enough!

:BigSemi:

Charlie-Brown

In the alternative reality of Hibernianfansdeludedbitterandtwisted this IS actually true. :laugh:

Deluded right enough!

:BigSemi:

He is having a little debate with a jambo that posts on here and even with video evidence he is still adamant that he is right.

Sorry another poster is adamant this guy is right.

The Mighty Thor

What a bell-end 'Beefster' is.

Despite the blatantly obvious being pointed out to him by Audioslave he ploughs on regardless. Firstly he gets called out on one of his posts then claims he didn't post it, It was only 5 posts above. Then he comes out with the classic 'there were huge gaps of blue seats in your end likesy'.

Him claiming they sold 2,000 less tickets is as plausible as him claiming he has an IQ over 70.

He's clearly been on the receiving end of the beefster for too long.

Jam Tarts 1874

Will hibs manage more than the 18,997 we had at Murrayfield on 19.7.06. against Osasuna on a Wednesday night? They will certainly get nowhere near the 28,486 we had against Siroki Brijeg the following Wednesday. Put the Siroki game in the same category as the hobos latest inter-tattie embarrassment with less than 8k turning out at fester road to watch the green Brazil play Elfsborg and the gulf between the support of each club is clearly put into perspective.

Seymour M Hersh

So we were all "grouped together" (how appropriate with the together bit) whilst they were what? Or did they get a part of the stadium that was ten times the size of our (half)!! Honestly, Billy Connolly should pay some of these cretins for their material. It's priceless!:107years:

Feel free to direct him to this. Or better still, copy and paste the pictures.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/343224-post158.html

2,000 my arse.

Have these pictures been posted on wallopers.net ?

I think they should be.

Surely this would finally end the debate for good.

These pictures are , quite literally , a huge embarassment for any hobo and a shameful reminder of just how few fans they can muster for a crucial game.

Funny how they managed to rustle up 30 odd thousand for a wee cup final they only had to turn up to win eh ?

siegementality

2,000 my arse.

That semi proved everything what I'd known all along. Anytime the Hobos made it to a final their crowd was inflated by Jambos who'd go along to the game with some Hobo mates to support an "Edinburgh team". When it came to the bit and it was Hearts V Hobos in the biggest derby ever and the Hobos had their own support only, well we all saw the spaces in the ground which resulted.

All the Hearts players said they were full of confidence after seeing the sea of maroon and white around the ground on their way in on the bus and once inside the ground. The players said they knew they were going to win. I'd imagine it had the opposite effect on the peg sellers.

Anyway GIRUYYFPSHB :107years:

The Old Tolbooth

The only reason it looked busier in our end is because we were grouped together? WTF????

:rofl:

Ok, here are the basics for the simpletons over the road.

1. If you sell all your tickets, your OBVIOUSLY going to be grouped together

2. If you only sell a third of your tickets, there are OBVIOUSLY going to be gaping spaces in your wee team end.

My conclusion is that Beefster is either

1. Out of his tits on herion like a typical hobo

2. Drunk

3. Under the age of ten

4. Only been let out for the day

5. All of the above

You really couldn't make it up, I think that has to be my new signature now :rofl:

The Mighty Thor

Latest excuse from 46 years a hibee

I challenge anyone out there to refute what I perceive to be the only fact pertinent to that day

Hibs should have easily sold out their allocation. That they did not was entirely due to Hibs bungling the ticket sales. Hearts fans were able to buy more than one ticket. We were restricted to one (additional?) had three waves of sales.

ST's

Ticket holders from the QF/Database members

Public sale

St's were restricted to 2 each, the next category to one each, then a public sale. My family consisted of one ST, one in the next category, five kids.

So three of us ended up at Hampden, sitting in two different locations. If I had queued for 4 hours in the public sale I would still have been restricted to 2 tickets and so would have to have QUEUED TWICE! We would have been in FOUR positions with 1 eight-year old sitting on his own!

Hearts had internet and phone sales. We on the other hand had a shambles of a phone operation and half-day queues out of three tiny windows at an out of date building masquerading as a ticket office staffed by ill-trained aussie students

THE TICKETING FOR THIS MATCH WAS A SHAMBLES!!

You want the real reason why we had 2,000-3,000 spaces in the crowd that day?

Hibs!

Brewery!

P*ss Up!

Revisionist responses and Hibee Historian comments welcome

Revisionist response from me would be that rather than limiting them to one ticket each they could have given them buy one get one free and still not filled their end, as Le Chat's pic clearly shows;

5ButwherearetheHibbies_thumb.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

I challenge anyone out there to refute what I perceive to be the only fact pertinent to that day

Hibs should have easily sold out their allocation. That they did not was entirely due to Hibs bungling the ticket sales. Hearts fans were able to buy more than one ticket. We were restricted to one (additional?) had three waves of sales.

ST's

Public sale

St's were restricted to 2 each, the next category to one each, then a public sale. My family consisted of one ST, one in the next category, five kids.

So three of us ended up at Hampden, sitting in two different locations. If I had queued for 4 hours in the public sale I would still have been restricted to 2 tickets and so would have to have QUEUED TWICE! We would have been in FOUR positions with 1 eight-year old sitting on his own!

Hearts had internet and phone sales. We on the other hand had a shambles of a phone operation and half-day queues out of three tiny windows at an out of date building masquerading as a ticket office staffed by ill-trained aussie students

Hibs!

Brewery!

P*ss Up!

Revisionist response from me would be that rather than limiting them to one ticket each they could have given them buy one get one free and still not filled their end, as Le Chat's pic clearly shows;

[ATTACH]704[/ATTACH]

My god, I cant believe that I'm actually reading pish like this!!

This has got to be made a sticky, and all the quotes put together in one signature that should be allocated to every single hobos signature on this board, just like they do to Hearts fans who are not allowed their own signature over there so we can constantly remind them of the utter pish they spout.

What about it mods? ;)

You know it makes sense. :)

P.S. For the record, if Hobos really wanted to support their team that day, then they would have got a ticket, it doesn't take 3 weeks to shift 19,000 tickets.

siegementality

ST's

Public sale

Hibs!

Brewery!

P*ss Up!

[ATTACH]704[/ATTACH]

Try 7000-8000 spaces more like!

Chad Sexington
Try 7000-8000 spaces more like!

Correct.

2000 or 3000 my erse.

That end was over half empty and won us the game before a ball was kicked.

Wallopers.

John Findlay

Most important stat on the day was.

Hibernian 0

Hearts 4.

John

It can't be coincidence that all the seats in the Hearts end were together, my understanding was two or three supporter?s buses from the same club had been checked at Hart Hill by the police for alcohol and not allowed to continue to the game...................................................................

Guest juvehearts

Aye its a bitter pill hobos

you know youre the wee team & will forever be in our shaddow!

GIRFU

Pants Shaton

A Hibs fan has provided me conclusive photographic evidence that, not only did Hibs sell their allocation of tickets, they encroached upon the field of play due to overcrowding:

untitled1-4b9xsuc3o.jpeg

One thing though, can we put to bed any comparisons with the semi final in 2006? Why is history being revised where this was some horrific embarrassment where only 5,000 and a dog were in the Hibs end compared to around 35,000 in the Hearts end? We only sold about 2,000 less with them FFS, the only problem was that they were all grouped together. It looked awful yes, but dragging it al up over and over again is nonsense. Especially now. No comparison.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

what a prize winning stroker!

My god, I cant believe that I'm actually reading pish like this!!

This has got to be made a sticky, and all the quotes put together in one signature that should be allocated to every single hobos signature on this board, just like they do to Hearts fans who are not allowed their own signature over there so we can constantly remind them of the utter pish they spout.

What about it mods? ;)

You know it makes sense. :)

P.S. For the record, if Hobos really wanted to support their team that day, then they would have got a ticket, it doesn't take 3 weeks to shift 19,000 tickets.

Mhods can we please have a sticky for Hobonomics please? This would be most fun xxx :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Despite the protestations, it is obvious that the attendance, or lack of it, is really hurting the tubes who infest that site. I almost feel sorry for them. :rolleyes:

Have these pictures been posted on wallopers.net ?

I think they should be.

The poor bugger that does post them will no doubt be launched faster than you can say "Ladies front bottom".

Its what they do when you make them look stupid.

That has made my day, fantastic.

There was more than one dog in their end that day too.

Anyone got a link to the actual thread on jobbystabber.net please as i wanna see if any hobos actually agree with that clown:)

Most important stat on the day was.

Hibernian 0

Hearts 4.

John

Which begs the question...

Why would a hobo ever want to be reminded about it or talk about it?

Pants Shaton

Hampden was 8923 short of capacity that day.

We've already established (with Le Chat's photos) that there can't have been more than a couple of hundred free seats in the Hearts' end.

8000+ empty Hobo seats - FACT.

Which is why the jobby bashers excuse of technial difficulties witht he selling of the tickets is dispelled

Hearts and Hibs had equal allocation. They handed some back.

If it was indeed a computer malfunction or whatever the wee poo pirate said then they wouldve kept hold of them all thinking they had all been sold

what a tool!

Anyone got a link to the actual thread on jobbystabber.net please as i wanna see if any hobos actually agree with that clown:)

See here.

degenerated even calls another poster a "dullard".

degenerated calling anyone a dullard whilst not looking in the mirror is even funnier than the original point of the 'only 2000 tickets less'.

The Mighty Thor

Can't do the link thing but this one is special;

This is Big Fwank throwing his intellectual muscle into the debate;

Yobo fud.

There were spare seats in the old rangers end. There were many spare seats at the top section where the old stand was.

There were more spare seats in the Hibs end. (tho, for example, not as many spare seats as there was in the away end for the 6-2 game).

In my opinion there were many more spare seats in the Hibs end than the 2-3k being quoted here.

But whos' really bothered as your still a yobo fud whos completely deluded, and overly excited that your crappy club have a manager. After almost 8 months. Who YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF .

Deluded FC

Best thing about last season, wasn't watching your club toil (thou' hugely enjoyable for us Hibbys and the rest of Scottish Football), it was that this board hardly had any deluded yobos on the board. Heaven.

And there you have it. The typical tramp responses when they are getting their arses handed to them in an argument.

• Yobo fud. New one on me. Is it a play on Hobo? I see what he did. Genius.

• Mention a historical game to justify the **** poor overall record or the humping in question.

• Claim to not really be bothered when you really are. He really is you know.

• Call us deluded. No seriously.

To be fair to Fwanky boy he was only a mention of the debt and the PBS away from the full house.

Trumpet.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick
Can't do the link thing but this one is special;

This is Big Fwank throwing his intellectual muscle into the debate;

Yobo fud.

There were spare seats in the old rangers end. There were many spare seats at the top section where the old stand was.

There were more spare seats in the Hibs end. (tho, for example, not as many spare seats as there was in the away end for the 6-2 game).

In my opinion there were many more spare seats in the Hibs end than the 2-3k being quoted here.

But whos' really bothered as your still a yobo fud whos completely deluded, and overly excited that your crappy club have a manager. After almost 8 months. Who YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF .

Deluded FC

Best thing about last season, wasn't watching your club toil (thou' hugely enjoyable for us Hibbys and the rest of Scottish Football), it was that this board hardly had any deluded yobos on the board. Heaven.

And there you have it. The typical tramp responses when they are getting their arses handed to them in an argument.

• Yobo fud. New one on me. Is it a play on Hobo? I see what he did. Genius.

• Mention a historical game to justify the **** poor overall record or the humping in question.

• Claim to not really be bothered when you really are. He really is you know.

• Call us deluded. No seriously.

To be fair to Fwanky boy he was only a mention of the debt and the PBS away from the full house.

Trumpet.jpg

Maybe we can have a deluded.net version of the KB bingo card too! :)

what a lot of are saying about how the crowd won the game for us is completely true. I remember sitting in my seat 15 mins before kick off talking to a JKBer, both of us ****e'in ourselves. I remember standing up though and just seeing the sea of maroon, the party had already started and I turned, and said "this is our day" - I was keeking myself the whole way through, but at that moments seeing our end compared to their end - you just knew. The game was over at about 10 minutes before the kick off.

The Mighty Thor
Maybe we can have a deluded.net version of the KB bingo card too! :)

First prize of a ticket to the Barcelona game? :devlish::wavey:

winston churchill
See here.

degenerated even calls another poster a "dullard".

degenerated calling anyone a dullard whilst not looking in the mirror is even funnier than the original point of the 'only 2000 tickets less'.

one or two locals are rearing up at P?g mo th?in.

as for audioslave,52 posts...........anybody think they will let him make 100 before he's faxed back tae coooooooooooonus:rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick
what a lot of are saying about how the crowd won the game for us is completely true. I remember sitting in my seat 15 mins before kick off talking to a JKBer, both of us ****e'in ourselves. I remember standing up though and just seeing the sea of maroon, the party had already started and I turned, and said "this is our day" - I was keeking myself the whole way through, but at that moments seeing our end compared to their end - you just knew. The game was over at about 10 minutes before the kick off.

I slightly disagree. It was over outside the ground. We had mobbed Hampden from early morning, welcoming the players in to a sea of maroon as well. Then when they came out for the warm-up, the singing started.

The difference in the ends of the ground had the game won long before it kicked off! What a day (and I was sober too!).

2,000 my arse.

A hobo I sit with at work (who posts on deluded.net) reckons there is no more than 3,000 - 4,000 empty seats in the Hibs half of Hampden, and is trying to say there were big empty spaces in the Hearts end that have been conveniently missed in the pictures above.

:confused:

First prize of a ticket to the Barcelona game? :devlish::wavey:

Wait... are they not all sold out... :107years:

siegementality
It can't be coincidence that all the seats in the Hearts end were together, my understanding was two or three supporter’s buses from the same club had been checked at Hart Hill by the police for alcohol and not allowed to continue to the game...................................................................

1: All tickets sold = Full (no space, seats together, togetherness)

2: Half tickets sold = Half empty (spaces, empty seats, non togetherness)

3: 1 bus holds max 53 people, 2 buses = 106, 3 buses = 159, it would have to have been 150 hobo buses which had been stopped going to the game to account for the spaces in their end.

Nice try though!

P.S.

Hearts Goals = 4 (happiness, joy, loads of beer, celebrations, party time!!!)

Hobos Goals = 0 (GIRUY, the hobos are in their beds, another year without a sniff of the Scottish Cup!)

Which is why the jobby bashers excuse of technial difficulties witht he selling of the tickets is dispelled

Hearts and Hibs had equal allocation. They handed some back.

If it was indeed a computer malfunction or whatever the wee poo pirate said then they wouldve kept hold of them all thinking they had all been sold

what a tool!

Game over.

I've not heard of one hobo who had the slightest bit of trouble getting a ticket for that game.

They shat their collective shorts as they feared a pasting.

They were right.

They got one.

They have a long history of not turning up when they fear the worst.

The more they try to justify their poor turnout the bigger the hole they dig.

It's actually quite pitiable watching them squirm when reminded of that day.

Most of them will take the shame and humiliation to their graves.

Chad Sexington
1: All tickets sold = Full (no space, seats together, togetherness)

2: Half tickets sold = Half empty (spaces, empty seats, non togetherness)

3: 1 bus holds max 53 people, 2 buses = 106, 3 buses = 159, it would have to have been 150 hobo buses which had been stopped going to the game to account for the spaces in their end.

Nice try though!

He's talking about Hearts fans I think.

The Mighty Thor
Wait... are they not all sold out... :107years:

Apparently there's only one or two left. You might not get a whole section to yourself now if you've left it this late. :P

Despite the protestations, it is obvious that the attendance, or lack of it, is really hurting the tubes who infest that site. I almost feel sorry for them. :rolleyes:

My brother (to the rest of the family's shame) is a Hobo. When I saw him after the game I said right-off that I wouldn't rub salt into the wounds by mentioning the result. The joys of being patronising!

I then said "you must be ****ed off though that you sold so few tickets, big derby and all that. maybe you'd have sold more if it was at Murrayfield".

As was my intention, and very much to my pleasure, THAT HURT. Probably almost as much as the result.

Now the ****ers cannot dispute the result - 4:0 :107years: - but they can concoct ridiculous excuses and lies about their abject failure to turn up to the biggest derby since whenever it was we played that final at Logie Green in eighteen oatcake.

The protestations/lies shows how ashamed they are of their pash-poor support that day.

They truly are a wee team :)

Or as like to say in the family: big bruv, wee team, big bruv wee team ...

siegementality
He's talking about Hearts fans I think.

Is he?, I can't tell:confused:, I'll save that post anyway I'm sure I can use it again when a peg seller appears on this thread with a similiar excuse.:wacko:

The Old Tolbooth
Is he?, I can't tell:confused:, I'll save that post anyway I'm sure I can use it again when a peg seller appears on this thread with a similiar excuse.:wacko:

I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't be seeing any peg sellers on this thread mate, they don't like truth!

I had a look at the thread on emptyspaces.com (I feel dirty now) and I honestly cant think of any set of supporters more deluded than them!

The attendance was almost 9000 short of capacity with no more than a couple of hundred missing from our end, and iirc there were 2 or 3 bus loads of Hearts fans who were turned away before they got to Glasgow, which would explain why the empty seats in our end were in the same section.

So, 9000 short of capacity, and around 200 or so missing from our end, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math, although it maybe is a little challenging for a hobo :D

Archived