wasps nest

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

just discovered a wasps nest up on my roof,:eek: seen plenty of the wee feckers going in and out of a small gap near the gutter and roof,:peek_by_Andrin: do not like them, nasty bad tempered we shots , just spoke to a neighbor who had the same problem last year and had to pay ?58 pounds to get it destroyed from the cooncil :eek:, i can feel me slowly turning into a wasp destroyer, got 3 young kids to look out for so no quarter given in the battle of wasps nest.:sterb032::sterb147::horse:

alwaysthereinspirit
just discovered a wasps nest up on my roof,:eek: seen plenty of the wee feckers going in and out of a small gap near the gutter and roof,:peek_by_Andrin: do not like them, nasty bad tempered we shots , just spoke to a neighbor who had the same problem last year and had to pay ?58 pounds to get it destroyed from the cooncil :eek:, i can feel me slowly turning into a wasp destroyer, got 3 young kids to look out for so no quarter given in the battle of wasps nest.:sterb032::sterb147::horse:

If you're thinking of taking care of it yourself make sure you have an escape route planned and the kids are inside. Nothing worse than trying to get down a ladder quickly with ****ed off wasps all around your head.

The Old Tolbooth
If you're thinking of taking care of it yourself make sure you have an escape route planned and the kids are inside. Nothing worse than trying to get down a ladder quickly with ****ed off wasps all around your head.

Is it just me who finds that image extremely funny? :D

On another note, Therapist is an expert at getting rid of them, he had a bink in his house not so long ago, it was full of these beasts

agh1.jpg

I love getting an excuse to re post that pic, just out of pure devilment like :devlish:

On another note, Therapist is an expert at getting rid of them, he had a bink in his house not so long ago, it was full of these beasts

agh1.jpg

I love getting an excuse to re post that pic, just out of pure devilment like :devlish:

john what the hell is that!!!!!!!!

maroonlegions

iam in the process of planning my WAR strategy :dribble:, i will be checking the loft to make sure the wee feckers nest is not there , then once i find were they are i will weigh up my options from attack, retreat and the best weapons to use :sterb032:, the kids and wife will be in their safety bunkers:peepwall: once iam ready to launch operation D.A.D (DEATH AND DESTRUCTION) ,:sterb003: the little vermin will not know whats hit them. :devil-smiley-029:

chester copperpot

agh1.jpg

Bang goes my nights decent sleep.

maroonlegions

eh, feck , mmm, :107years:, the bigger they are the harder they fall:eek: , come and have a go if you think your hard enough.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
Bang goes my nights decent sleep.

the ones ive seen near my roof are still small but can grow fast ,so time is important the longer the summer goes the more aggressive they become.:eek:

chester copperpot
eh, feck , mmm, :107years:, the bigger they are the harder they fall:eek: , come and have a go if you think your hard enough.:rolleyes:

They only get to that size in Japan (I think). Thank feck for that. It looks like its mother shagged an Eagle. :eek:

The Old Tolbooth

It's a Japanese Hornet mate, and it's only a baby one ;)

Andy, apparently they are on their way over here what with global warming and all that :rolleyes:

chester copperpot
It's a Japanese Hornet mate, and it's only a baby one ;)

Andy, apparently they are on their way over here what with global warming and all that :rolleyes:

Those feckers could migrate over here with the birds they're that big. :eek:

I really really dont like you for posting that. I'd only managed to erase the original thread out of my memory a few weeks back. Whats the bet I get one of them in my office or house tomorrow.

The Old Tolbooth
Those feckers could migrate over here with the birds they're that big. :eek:

I really really dont like you for posting that. I'd only managed to erase the original thread out of my memory a few weeks back. Whats the bet I get one of them in my office or house tomorrow.

If you do find one, gimme a phone mate as I would find it pant wettingly funny to hear you screaming like a banshee down the phone, whilst having this image of you physically wrecking everything in your office whilst trying to impersonate a human windmill in an attempt to swat the fekker :rofl:

maroonlegions

well this is not my idea of a planned controlled attack, fecking show off eh.:rolleyes:

I had a wasps nest in an air vent last summer. Ended up getting the council although I dont think it cost 58 quid. Our West Lothian council looks after us!

Griclesfield

if thats what the hornets are like in japan i would hate to work in a GUM clinic over there dealing with crabs ..... jeezo.

Like Chester said: it looks like its mother shagged a hippo

Is there not a pellet thing that you can get that the basas take back to the nest to feed on and it kills the lot of them, or is that only for bees?

On another note, Therapist is an expert at getting rid of them

Correct. :)

A can of wasp nest destroyer foam from B&Q - job done. :dribble:

maroonlegions
Correct. :)

A can of wasp nest destroyer foam from B&Q - job done. :dribble:

cheers will slide along later today and get one, any idea how much a can will cost.:dribble:

maroonlegions
A deft 7-iron should clear the problem in one blow.

Get a firm footing first.

:107years:

a bit tricky doing that up in my loft , like no were to run in a hurry in case i make a right noel hunt of it.:rolleyes:

cheers will slide along later today and get one, any idea how much a can will cost.:dribble:

It's about 5 or 6 quid IIRC. It worked a treat - absolutely massacred them. :)

heartgarfunkel
Check out this baby, found in Norfolk :confused:

That would sting the **** out of one if one let it out of one's jar:eek::527:

maroonlegions
It's about 5 or 6 quid IIRC. It worked a treat - absolutely massacred them. :)

good price and MASSACRED THEM:dribble: sounds good enough for me , operation D.A.D will begin at 2100 hours this evening.:eek::dribble:

I cant wait until your post on here 2130 hours. Im hoping for "the wee b******'s stung me to hell!" Just for comedy value.

maroonlegions
I cant wait until your post on here 2130 hours. Im hoping for "the wee b******'s stung me to hell!" Just for comedy value.

i will post if successful and operation D.A.D is executed with no casualty's :eek: , hopefully this afternoons brief with family members will minimize any foreseeable retreats.;):cool:

good price and MASSACRED THEM:dribble: sounds good enough for me , operation D.A.D will begin at 2100 hours this evening.:eek::dribble:

Just make sure you wait until they are all tucked up in the nest for the night. The foam is accurate from about 18 inches away, so no need to get too close. Just make sure you give it the maximum possible burst. ;)

Commander Harris
Just make sure you wait until they are all tucked up in the nest for the night. The foam is accurate from about 18 inches away, so no need to get too close. Just make sure you give it the maximum possible burst. ;)

out of interest, did you take any other precautions when you sprayed the nest. Do the wasps fight back?

maroonlegions
out of interest, did you take any other precautions when you sprayed the nest. Do the wasps fight back?

true but if they do retaliate i will have to resort to operation D.F.O.(DADDIES FECKING OFF).:eek:

If you get them when they're resting in the nest, the foam is already in there and working by the time they wake up and realise what's happening. The odd hard wasp will get out, but they're too confused to get nasty.

I did one spray at around 10 in the evening and did another one at 5 the next morning before they were up and about.

Sawdust Caesar
i will post if successful and operation D.A.D is executed with no casualty's :eek: , hopefully this afternoons brief with family members will minimize any foreseeable retreats.;):cool:

I've got this image of you (even tho I don't know what you look like) standing in front of a big plan of the wasps nest whilst pointing to it with a long stick and informing your family of how the assault will go. "Any questions? No, good now lets synchronize watches."

Any trouble, stack the purple.

chester copperpot

Therapist wore nothing except a condom when tackling the Wasps. (Poor I know).

He was hoping his knob got stung to make it look bigger. ;) (Joking fella)

maroonlegions
I've got this image of you (even tho I don't know what you look like) standing in front of a big plan of the wasps nest whilst pointing to it with a long stick and informing your family of how the assault will go. "Any questions? No, good now lets synchronize watches."

Any trouble, stack the purple.

Not far off there my good man but one has to have a plan of action when dealing with these nasty blighter's , they are organized and given the chance will attack in intelligent maneuvers, 2hr and 25mis to d-day.:dribble:

Sawdust Caesar

Not far off there my good man but one has to have a plan of action when dealing with these nasty blighter's , they are organized and given the chance will attack in intelligent maneuvers, 2hr and 25mis to d-day.:dribble:

What music have you chosen to play during the attack? Watched a bit of Apocalypse Now last night and reckon Ride of the Valkyries is as good as anything to play.

I'm beginning to think I watch too many war films.

maroonlegions
What music have you chosen to play during the attack? Watched a bit of Apocalypse Now last night and reckon Ride of the Valkyries is as good as anything to play.

I'm beginning to think I watch too many war films.

if i was to play something it would be "its the finale countdown",:dribble: then if it all goes pear shaped "run to the hills" by Iron maiden.:eek::107years:

if i was to play something it would be "its the finale countdown",:dribble: then if it all goes pear shaped "run to the hills" by Iron maiden.:eek::107years:

Nearly time...... You ready for action;)

Good Luck

rossthejambo
Check out this baby, found in Norfolk :confused:

that thing is HUGE. :eek:

imagine letting it live!! id have got in some sort of army type person to take the big bugger out with some sort of heavy artillery

maroonlegions

Operation D.A.D (death and destruction) a success , total wipe out of the wee feckers IS complete.

From memory here is my account of the battle;:ninja:

1. Wife gives me a loving look as i open the hatch to the loft, bring down the stepps , secure them and begin my assent to the loft.(light not working)

2. Reach top of steps and switch on torch:eek:, (nae fecking light bulb in the socket):P, heart racing now but decide to press on.

3.Make my way to the enemy's camp sight (nest), nothing stirring:dribble:, steady my self and recheck my retreat path:eek:.

4.Take weapon and aim , FIREeeeeee, its spraying the nest big time, after a couple of mins , stop and get ready to bolt:eek:, but still nothing, so continue to fire the spray right up their sun don't shines.

4.Give it another couple of mins and bingo . something stirred , yes ,now falling out of the camp were several wee feckers , has it worked , raced through my head, should i just bolt just in case, then i noticed they were fecked, just landing on the floor and playing dead, VICTORY is mine i thought , rejoice , YESSS.

5.i gave it a wee finale blast from my weapon of mass destruction:dribble:and retreated back down the steps, shut the latch door and made my way straight to the fridge to open a celebratory can of bud.:mj_zivili:

6. Wife gives me a "your my hero hug" and special look,AFTER I RECALL HOW THE BATTLE WAS ONE, which usually means dinnae fall asleep in bed too soon.;)

I have kept some spray for tomorrow to give it one more going over but that boys is how the battle of 23-07-08 was one, SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE.:)

maroonlegions
:bravo:

Well done that man! Who needs the council?

TRUE, JUST SAVED MYSELF ?58:), but just been out in the garden and some LATE ARRIVALS are going in the through the out side entrance :eek:, hope they get the message of carnage and death, hopefully they will just feck off now their queen is dead:107years:.

TRUE, JUST SAVED MYSELF ?58:), but just been out in the garden and some LATE ARRIVALS are going in the through the out side entrance :eek:, hope they get the message of carnage and death, hopefully they will just feck off now their queen is dead:107years:.

lol well done m8 that foam is the bomb;);)

The Old Tolbooth
Operation D.A.D (death and destruction) a success , total wipe out of the wee feckers IS complete.

From memory here is my account of the battle;:ninja:

1. Wife gives me a loving look as i open the hatch to the loft, bring down the stepps , secure them and begin my assent to the loft.(light not working)

2. Reach top of steps and switch on torch:eek:, (nae fecking light bulb in the socket):P, heart racing now but decide to press on.

3.Make my way to the enemy's camp sight (nest), nothing stirring, steady my self and recheck my retreat path:eek:.

4.Take weapon and aim , FIREeeeeee, its spraying the nest big time, after a couple of mins , stop and get ready to bolt:eek:, but still nothing, so continue to fire the spray right up their sun don't shines.

4.Give it another couple of mins and bingo . something stirred , yes ,now falling out of the camp were several wee feckers , has it worked , raced through my head, should i just bolt just in case, then i noticed they were fecked, just landing on the floor and playing dead, VICTORY is mine i thought , rejoice , YESSS.

5.i gave it a wee finale blast from my weapon of mass destruction:dribble:and retreated back down the steps, shut the latch door and made my way straight to the fridge to open a celebratory can of bud

6. Wife gives me a "your my hero hug" and special look,AFTER I RECALL HOW THE BATTLE WAS ONE, which usually means dinnae fall asleep in bed too soon.;)

I have kept some spray for tomorrow to give it one more going over but that boys is how the battle of 23-07-08 was one, SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE.:)

Mate, that is brilliant :rofl:

I take it as I post this your receiving your present from your missus ;)

Sawdust Caesar

I think he still is. To the victor the spoils of war.

Congratulations maroonlegions on a job well done.

either that or he has failed and is now being chased around the streets by a swarm of the wee buggers;)

The Old Tolbooth
either that or he has failed and is now being chased around the streets by a swarm of the wee buggers;)

Ha ha!!

There is that of course, my preference is that he's still on the job though (what a legend!) and he's gonna be walking like John Wayne today! :P

Maroonlegions, are you coming up for air soon mate? ;)

Ha ha!!

There is that of course, my preference is that he's still on the job though (what a legend!) and he's gonna be walking like John Wayne today! :P

Maroonlegions, are you coming up for air soon mate? ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

did his missus have the toys out then?

Archived