"Concerns over ticket sales for Hibs v Barcelona"

tartofmidlothian

They truly are an abomination of a club

my fav one

"This'll be Barca's 5th and 6th games against Scottish opposition within a year - no wonder there's not the same rush for tickets as last year. Having been at the Murrayfield game last time around, I don't think I would pay for the pleasure of watching Barca stroll around for 90 minutes again."

Er we play Motherwell 4 times a season EVERY season and we still turn up for that - and that is Motherwell for gods sake!

Maroon Mayhem

Given that Barca are the "home team" and they're responsible for the hire of the stadium, ticket sales etc etc, I presume there's no commercial risk to Hibs on this?

Also - predict your attendance.

Me - 22,000

I love how the pundit #10 does not disclose his location

because the glory hunting wee pwick is probs from Edinburgh

I hate him and i dotn know him

Pants Shaton
Given that Barca are the "home team" and they're responsible for the hire of the stadium, ticket sales etc etc, I presume there's no commercial risk to Hibs on this?

Me - 22,000

18,768 - one less than when we played Braga.

With the emphasis on "very".

However, if it was Hearts in the same same situation, I very much doubt that they would be being quiet as subtle.

They would be having a fecking field day at our expense.

They don't do subtlety.

In fact, it seems there's a lot of things they don't do....

:biggrin:

Schadenfreude rocks.

heart & soul
I also think this will be the end of Barcelona coming to scotland as hibs have let everybody down with the poor ticket sales. Barca prob come back again after a sell out at utd and a near sell out at Murrayfield last year.

After the wee teams efforts i think they will take there services some place else next year which would be a shame.

Typical hibs *****ing it up for everyone else.

Great point. Was just thinking the very same thing whilst reading the article.

FTH

Independence
Never in my life have I seen excuses as feeble as what Bathgate has produced for his muppet wee team!

Here's the deal Bathgate

Hearts sold 57,000 tickets

Hibs sold 11,000 tickets (it may rise to 11,100 by kick off however)

Hibs entered the inter diddy cup, and yet again they crash out before the trades fortinight and embarrass Scottish football.

Hibs take a paltry 12,000 (ish) to Hampden for the BIGGEST derby match in the lifetime of any Hibs fan, while Hearts sell out their end and promptly trounce them silly.

I could go on all day, but you get the message, and I would absolutely HATE to be a wee team supporter and have to think up pathetic, childish excuses for them being one of the smallest most insignificant teams in world football!

If anyone was EVER in any doubt that the EEN was a hobo paper, then surely this has just put all doubts to bed because I'm damn sure there wouldn't have been a positive spin if Hearts had only sold 11,000 tickets, in fact I'm sure they would have put some sort of negative spin on us selling 57,000 tickets last year.

Hearts = BIG TEAM and BIG ATTRACTION

Hibs = very small team and absolutely no attraction whatsoever!

GIRFUY

The Scotsman/EEN/Weegie press would have blamed Vlad as usual!!!!!!

Stuart Bathgate's article is utter rubbish. He states that DUtd have almost sold all their tickets and yet Hibs can only sell a small quantity because of his 3 pathetic excuses! Fourth excuse and reason Stuart....Hibs have once again been shown for what they are a small club with a small support!!!!

winston churchill

some barry replies on that thread.

plenty hobos went last year to see a hearts barca game.but they are not going to watch hubz barca:rolleyes:

I heard that you have to pay Barca 1 million pounds to play them.*

Saint Tom and Rod the Mouser are gonna be seriously out of pocket over this. It'll be a huge dent in their retirement con racket plans for the future of hibs.

*Or at least that's what a dirty leither told me was the case last year when we played them.

Back page headline in the Record today from Barca's Sylvinho......."I flew into Scotland and it felt like Brazil".

I can just see Fridays headline from the same ....."that was just like playing Brazil".

heartsfc_fan

IMO if Hibs get half* (or less) than our attendance of 58K last season then..........HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Bunch of diddys..

*29,000 then ;)

This thread from wedonthavemanyfans.net has been posted before but it's worth another look, it's pretty damn funny. Post 123 sums up the delusion for me.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=123284&page=4

The hobo excuse manual is no half being flogged to death on that thread.

Looks like Matty Fairy is doing a fair bit of fire fighting trying to convince the deluded but the general feeling of doom and gloom over one of the biggest PR disasters in Scottish football history is obvious.

Let the fun begin when the Setanta cameras pan round the ground on Thursday to reveal the equivalent of half a dozen peas in a bath.

I've rushed out for a week's supply of dry pants just in case.

maroonlegions
The hobo excuse manual is no half being flogged to death on that thread.

Looks like Matty Fairy is doing a fair bit of fire fighting trying to convince the deluded but the general feeling of doom and gloom over one of the biggest PR disasters in Scottish football history is obvious.

Let the fun begin when the Setanta cameras pan round the ground on Thursday to reveal the equivalent of half a dozen peas in a bath.

I've rushed out for a week's supply of dry pants just in case.

:107years:

as long as we cannae here their hobo songs the better, i love this quote from

a fellow JKB "AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PLAYERS HERE ARE THE NAMES OF THE FANS".:107years:;)

Goose Baxter

Does anyone think Vlad will ask to play Barca again next year so we can beat thursdays attendance by double and then turn round and say ' get it right up yi? '

Francis Albert
According to the SRU they've sold 14000 tickets.

So they might just scrape past our attendance at a pre-season friendly against those other giants of world football Osasuna.

Pants Shaton
So they might just scrape past our attendance at a pre-season friendly against those other giants of world football Osasuna.

According to Londonhearts.com, the crowd at the Osasuna game was just under 19,000.

rumbles1874

i like to see barca play they are a great team to watch cos they play football and dont just punt the ball but why would any self repecting jambo pay ?30 to see hibs play a team that will rip them a part (prob worth the fee to see that) but its on setanta so say you go down the pub to watch it

A:your in side

B:if its rainning you not stuck in the rain

C:?30 equals about 12pints

D:if you want food you dont pay ?5 for a hotdog

E:no Hobbos to talk s*** about how great a team they are (this oone prob not true as there will be more hobbos in the pub than at the game)

F:not giving money to the hobbos

G:can have a fag with out rock steady telling you to put it out or that you must go down the bottom of the hill

please add anything if you think it needs it

Francis Albert
According to Londonhearts.com, the crowd at the Osasuna game was just under 19,000.

Correct. And patheticaly it look as like the BEST they can hope for is to just scrape by that.

maroonlegions

seeing as the majority of their fan base is mostly made up of snowdroppers i have the feeling they are playing off one another to see who gets the upper hand when they start choiring of each other (those who have gone to the game) , feck it just would not surprise me in the slightest;)

As it is billed its truly Matalan V Catalan

Shame

:107years:

jambo121, that is funny!

The Old Tolbooth

One deluded hobo on the Pie and Bovril board reckons they will get over 30,000 at the game!

Oh ma sides :laugh:

maroonlegions
One deluded hobo on the Pie and Bovril board reckons they will get over 30,000 at the game!

Oh ma sides :laugh:

well considering there are no cash gates on the night , doubt they will sell tickets also on the night if not then the 14,000 that the SRU have saidhas been sold ,that means 16,000 will queue up for tickets at fester road between tonight and tomorrow , mmmm.:107years::107years:

maroonlegions
I do like that the credit crunch is getting a mention also. :)

true but its not affecting Dundee at the moment though.;):rolleyes::107years:

gowestjambo

OK I think it is time for us to help them out, and not let Edinburgh down!

I think we should go along to help them out in their hour and a half of need!

OK who is first,............ (Oh by the way I wont be able to go!!|););)

Ryan Gosling
OK I think it is time for us to help them out, and not let Edinburgh down!

I think we should go along to help them out in their hour and a half of need!

OK who is first,............ (Oh by the way I wont be able to go!!|););)

Oh I'm going.

Like I'd miss Messi up against David Van Zanten and Paul Hanlon.

maroonlegions
Oh I'm going.

Like I'd miss Messi up against David Van Zanten and Paul Hanlon.

true this is going to turn out to be an even bigger embarrassment , numpt:107years:ies eh.

true but its not affecting Dundee at the moment though.;):rolleyes::107years:

See, that is the thing.

On that link posted here, they go on about how droll it is that Hearts fans may see a difference between our attendance and their attendance, and attempt to belittle it. Yet, on the very same thread, they also say "at least we will sell more tickets than Dundee United"!!!

I always find it sad when they make up reasons for not doing something.

Cardiac Rucksack

Its all down to the credit crunch apparently. I nearly wet myself at that one.:)

MacDonald Jardine

"Murrayfield is likely to be two thirds empty"

Do they expect a crowd of over 20,000?

Rudolf's Mate

Just when you thought we'd had our fill of feel good threads, along comes a stonker!!! What a difference a couple of weeks can make ;)

I've heard that down Leith way they are confident of selling all the tickets by close of business tomorrow. Rumour has it that they have a new marketing campaign in place and that they are offering 2 free tickets with every purchase of skag from an authorised hobo dealer ;)

Who wants to see Barca again, been there done that last year. The muppets in my work are going ballistic over the ticket prices for this friendly.

Rudolf's Mate
Who wants to see Barca again, been there done that last year. The muppets in my work are going ballistic over the ticket prices for this friendly.

Yet another excuse for so many empty seats. I actually think that they believe that we must have had around 25,000 people who were not Jambos that just come to see the game and hoped that they would have the same amount turn out for them!

I never actually understood just how deluded they were until now :)

Must really hurt being a hobo nowadays!

tartofmidlothian

Me - 22,000

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Geoff Kilpatrick
Its all down to the credit crunch apparently. I nearly wet myself at that one.:)

I don't get Private Eye these days but hopefully they've started a column called "Credit Crunch balls", as this would be a cracking contribution to it! :)

It is good, so good it is worth mentioning it again! ;)

[check post 73 of this thread? ;)]

Archived