"Concerns over ticket sales for Hibs v Barcelona"

tartofmidlothian

Just about every possible excuse you could think of was used in that story!

The Hearts supporters will get the blame for the small crowd, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Hiberniplumbs had 20'000 fans inside Murrayfield last year and that they were expecting us to return the favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i liked my comments on the story so much i stuck it in twice!!

if you cant sell 15,000 tickets for the semi final of the scottish cup against your biggest rivals you will struggle to find the number needed for a friendly at muddyfield!! fact!!!

jamboinglasgow

its funny they blame it on barca, not the fact that hibs dont have enough fans nor any real marketing department.

grumpyjambo

Rumours in Edinburgh that Hibs have sold only 11,000 tickets have not been confirmed

The scotsman reads JKB - again!!!!

Goose Baxter

I also think this will be the end of Barcelona coming to scotland as hibs have let everybody down with the poor ticket sales. Barca prob come back again after a sell out at utd and a near sell out at Murrayfield last year.

After the wee teams efforts i think they will take there services some place else next year which would be a shame.

Typical hibs *****ing it up for everyone else.

Goose Baxter

The proximity of Murrayfield to Tynecastle, home of Hearts, can surely have deterred no more than a few Hibs supporters from buying tickets to see their team renew an old rivalry with the team from Spain. There are other, far more plausible reasons, for slow sales.

Economic conditions are one. As was demonstrated by the SFA's decision not to host a friendly with Argentina, fans are less inclined or simply less able to spend money on non-competitive matches.

The lack of novelty value is another. In the past 12 months, Barcelona have played four matches in Scotland – the Champions League games against Rangers and Celtic, and the two pre-season friendlies. Most of the people who might have longed to see them in the flesh have now had a chance to do so.

Third, the high-profile departures of Ronaldinho and to a lesser extent Deco have removed some of the star quality from Pep Guardiola's squad. It has made Barcelona less of an attractive box-office prospect.

Nice to also see that they balme everyone else bar hibs for not selling tickets. They even have a go at the s.f.a!!!!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

It's ?30 a ticket too iirc

Thats going to stop a lot of your armchair football fans (I'm thinking generic "I'm a Man Utd supporter" lot that might go just to say they've seen Barca)

The whole lot smacks of greed on behalf of the promoters. If you were taking a family of four it would cost you about ?131 if you book on the ticketmaster. That's a lot of Giro money.

Oh and the Tv ads are gash

Just about every possible excuse you could think of was used in that story!

The Hearts supporters will get the blame for the small crowd, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Hiberniplumbs had 20'000 fans inside Murrayfield last year and that they were expecting us to return the favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - I know a lot of Hibs fans, I don't know any that went to MFiled whne we played Barca.

Wee team, wee support.

john brownlee

will this go into the record books as Barca's lowest ever crowd and other first for the hobos

Gotta love the headline.

"Barca missing box office appeal"

As if those that are going are only going because HIBS are playing:rolleyes:

A major difference is that this time it is a night game which might deter families going.

Also it's after curfew so a lot of the ankle-cuffers will be unable to leave their dwellings.

Last year I bought 10 tickets as it was my son's birthday present to invite along his mates. This year he isn't interested. Barca has lost some of its appeal.

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye, as it says in the headline, it's clearly all Barcas fault. They are missing box office appeal. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funnily enough this strange phenomenom hasn't affected the whole world, except for Dundee, where ticket sales are exactly the same as last year.

:rofl: :rofl:

Hagar the Horrible

I hope this cost hibs a fortune, Petrie will have to remember the combination of his wallet?

The common factor here is nobody wants to see HIBS it has nothing to do with Barca, even Utd have had another sell out and they have played them twice now?

This will go one of two ways? Either we will be the only side to get glamour ties in future, or HIbs have burst the Baw for us all.

Anyway i need to lie down as my ribs are still sore from the huge Guffaw :dribble:

The proximity of the game to tynecastle is being used as a reason. WTF... a propper hobo excuse.

Hibs have apparently asked for the game to be moved to Hampden since Barcelona have experience of playing at Murrayfield and this will give them an unfair advantage. This will also give the Hibs fans a new excuse for not going (I was dressed as a seat - honestly!!)

Oh how I laughed when I heard the story on the radio this morning :laugh:

Fancy a "pub team" out-selling the flair-meisters by over 500%

Why don't Hibs just admit it was a monumental error of judgement to agree to this game.

And then go and find themselves a Marketing department. For all VR's failings at least he gets the club marketing right. Petrie is Farmer's bean counter and nothing more.

hearts_crazy
The proximity of Murrayfield to Tynecastle, home of Hearts, can surely have deterred no more than a few Hibs supporters from buying tickets to see their team renew an old rivalry with the team from Spain. There are other, far more plausible reasons, for slow sales.

Economic conditions are one. As was demonstrated by the SFA's decision not to host a friendly with Argentina, fans are less inclined or simply less able to spend money on non-competitive matches.

The lack of novelty value is another. In the past 12 months, Barcelona have played four matches in Scotland ? the Champions League games against Rangers and Celtic, and the two pre-season friendlies. Most of the people who might have longed to see them in the flesh have now had a chance to do so.

Third, the high-profile departures of Ronaldinho and to a lesser extent Deco have removed some of the star quality from Pep Guardiola's squad. It has made Barcelona less of an attractive box-office prospect.

Nice to also see that they balme everyone else bar hibs for not selling tickets. They even have a go at the s.f.a!!!!

These are the most pathetic excuses i've ever seen. If ever there was proof needed that the Scotsman is a Hobo biased scrap of bog roll this is it.

The reason that there are so few fans buying tickets to watch Hibs v Barca is that Hibs don't have many fans, quite simple really. You only have to look at the poor turnouts against us in the cup semi, in the diddy cup last year, the two men and a dog that turned out to watch them going through Edinburgh in a open topped bus (pathetic when compared to the sea of maroon and white when we won the big cup - twice), I could go on.

It has feck all to do with Ronaldiho not being there (he was there from the day the tickets went on sale until a couple of days ago wasn't he) or any other such made up guff, they simply don't have many fans FACT. As for lack of novelty value, what could be more of a novelty for Barcelona than playing in front of 50,000 empty seats?

The whole story is LOL, FPMSL, ROFL funny as feck

Jamboross98
It's ?30 a ticket too iirc

Thats going to stop a lot of your armchair football fans (I'm thinking generic "I'm a Man Utd supporter" lot that might go just to say they've seen Barca)

The whole lot smacks of greed on behalf of the promoters. If you were taking a family of four it would cost you about ?131 if you book on the ticketmaster. That's a lot of Giro money.

Oh and the Tv ads are gash

Rubbish, my ticket last year cost ?30 and ?15 for my son, so it still cost me ?45.

Yes, the economic downturn hasn't yet hit oh so affluent Dundee. The Dundonians also must have all had collective and simultaneous memory lapses as they seem to find it just as much of a novelty as they did last year.

Funny that. :)

The Old Tolbooth

Never in my life have I seen excuses as feeble as what Bathgate has produced for his muppet wee team!

Here's the deal Bathgate

Hearts sold 57,000 tickets

Hibs sold 11,000 tickets (it may rise to 11,100 by kick off however)

Hibs entered the inter diddy cup, and yet again they crash out before the trades fortinight and embarrass Scottish football.

Hibs take a paltry 12,000 (ish) to Hampden for the BIGGEST derby match in the lifetime of any Hibs fan, while Hearts sell out their end and promptly trounce them silly.

I could go on all day, but you get the message, and I would absolutely HATE to be a wee team supporter and have to think up pathetic, childish excuses for them being one of the smallest most insignificant teams in world football!

If anyone was EVER in any doubt that the EEN was a hobo paper, then surely this has just put all doubts to bed because I'm damn sure there wouldn't have been a positive spin if Hearts had only sold 11,000 tickets, in fact I'm sure they would have put some sort of negative spin on us selling 57,000 tickets last year.

Hearts = BIG TEAM and BIG ATTRACTION

Hibs = very small team and absolutely no attraction whatsoever!

GIRFUY

Chad Sexington

How anyone can take that flump Bathgate seriously is beyond me.

He's totally outdone himself this time. Every excuse in the book for his beloved hobos embarrassing Scottish football.

Credit crunch, Thursday night, Lack of novelty value, No Ronaldhinio, TOO CLOSE TO TYNCASTLE FFS!!! :107years:

What a farce. The wee joke team gets the wee joke journalist it deserves.

:)

Did nobody pick up on the guy In Scotland Today last night quote " and meanwhile Barcelona arrived in Edinburgh today for their game with hibs,.....THERE ARE STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THIS GAME " aye 56,000 feckin thousand of them .:eek:

The Mighty Thor

No surprise to anyone that knows what the tramps are like. Wee team. Always.

Some of the comments under the article are class. Taxi for Brellier is the archetypal bitter hobo tramp. I'll bet he's a regular over on deluded.net.

what a stroker.

Guest juvehearts

OH my fuxxing sides

FOREVER in our shaddow.

i cant say anything more because my sides are hurting too much

Never in my life have I seen excuses as feeble as what Bathgate has produced for his muppet wee team!

Here's the deal Bathgate

Hearts sold 57,000 tickets

Hibs sold 11,000 tickets (it may rise to 11,100 by kick off however)

Hibs entered the inter diddy cup, and yet again they crash out before the trades fortinight and embarrass Scottish football.

Hibs take a paltry 12,000 (ish) to Hampden for the BIGGEST derby match in the lifetime of any Hibs fan, while Hearts sell out their end and promptly trounce them silly.

I could go on all day, but you get the message, and I would absolutely HATE to be a wee team supporter and have to think up pathetic, childish excuses for them being one of the smallest most insignificant teams in world football!

If anyone was EVER in any doubt that the EEN was a hobo paper, then surely this has just put all doubts to bed because I'm damn sure there wouldn't have been a positive spin if Hearts had only sold 11,000 tickets, in fact I'm sure they would have put some sort of negative spin on us selling 57,000 tickets last year.

Hearts = BIG TEAM and BIG ATTRACTION

Hibs = very small team and absolutely no attraction whatsoever!

GIRFUY

:Agree:

:rofl::lolpoint::107years:

Pants Shaton
Source?

:)

I spoke to him at a shareholders' association dinner.

I'm not, for one second, defending this risible article; maybe he knew it would raise a laugh among Hearts fans and soothe the pain for those of a unclean inclination

Chad Sexington

I'm not, for one second, defending this risible article; maybe he knew it would raise a laugh among Hearts fans and soothe the pain for those of a unclean inclination

I have to say if thats true, I'm genuinely staggered.

Having read years and years of hobo apologist bullsh*t from that guy, to think he was a Hearts fan all along would be too much for me to take in.

I think I need a lie down. :confused:

Maroon Mayhem

I know the usual flump suspects will be absolutely squirming at this and I for one am absolutely lovin' it.

Petries scphincter will be doin a bit of squirming of its own!

hearts_crazy

Why don't they just move it to Easter Road? Jeez if it's due the the proximity of Tynecastle (sorry bit of a :4_1_72: moment - that's better) they could even move it to Meadowbank. I mean FFS what an embarrassment to Scottish football.

Surely they knew they would get nobody turning up given the amount of BIG, meaningful games the fans have failed to show at, surely they realised that Hibs don't actually have many true fans and there was no danger of them even a quarter filling Murrayfield - seriously.

If Hearts had been a wee team I sure as feck wouldn't have wanted to go to an empty Murrayfield to see them getting horsed 10-0. The atmosphere will be abysmal BTW.

Anyway feck them, it's just another claim to big teamness for us. Don't see too many of them on this thread telling us how it's due to the high bus fares from Leith or the smell of the brewery or some other such pish BTW.

hearts_crazy

Is he a Hearts fan in the same way that Ewan Cameron is a Hearts fan? Seriously, I don't read the Hibsman, only what is copied into Kickback. But the only stories quoted from it on here are written by him and are either biging-up the hobos or slagging us off, no way is he a Jambo, not on yer nelly.

Pants Shaton
Is he a Hearts fan in the same way that Ewan Cameron is a Hearts fan? Seriously, I don't read the Hibsman, only what is copied into Kickback. But the only stories quoted from it on here are written by him and are either biging-up the hobos or slagging us off, no way is he a Jambo, not on yer nelly.

He isn't in the same league as that OF apologist weasel.

Expect plenty chants of "?Una qu? ayuda del hogar del ****ey!" at Murrayfield then!

Every time the hobos try to measure themselves against us they are ALWAYS found wanting - playing Barca, crapping themselves at the Cup semi-final, their risible and idiotic 'stay behind' at Tynecastle after we WON another Derby.

Pathetic little outfit, much more concerned over balance sheets than making any real impact in Scottish Football.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm with GMAN on this. I actually think it's a very subtle p*sstake! :)

Chad Sexington
I'm with GMAN on this. I actually think it's a very subtle p*sstake! :)

With the emphasis on "very".

However, if it was Hearts in the same same situation, I very much doubt that they would be being quiet as subtle.

They would be having a fecking field day at our expense.

Archived