Hibs fans calling us Hertz

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

I take it there that uneducated that they don't know that Hertz are the International System of Units (SI) base unit of frequency. :P

maroonlegions
I take it there that uneducated that they don't know that Hertz are the International System of Units (SI) base unit of frequency. :P

nae chance, they think they are qualified accountants most of the time and some of them even think that Hibernian come from Scottish roots:107years: , such is the dangers of delusion brought on by the flair myth , the media has a lot to answer for.:107years:

David_R_Young

Or they're.

Uneducated, says you: Pot, Kettle

Or they're.

You want to be more careful with your punctuation and capitals there, young pedant-me-lad!

David_R_Young
You want to be more careful with your punctuation and capitals there, young pedant-me-lad!

I made my -valid- point.

David_R_Young
Good for you. Well done! :)

Thank you. I also was not the one making jibes about others being "uneducated".

Thank you. I also was not the one making jibes about others being "uneducated".

Yes, and I think that you convincingly put that particular jibe-merchant in their rightful place. Again, well done. You're clearly on a roll.

londonjambo

They call us that because of the frequency with which we beat them

Or maybe its because we are normally hire in the league than them ...

GC

P.S. David, I know I spelt it wrong - its a joke ;)

Never seen the problem with it.

I refer to us as hertz most of the time, Bonnyrigg accents and all.

I remember always having a heated discussion on this matter when we were awashed with those old Hertz car rental ads.

LOL(laff oot lood)

LMEO(laffed ma erse oaf)

:)

Or they're.

Yes, lack of education is a problem.

But this points more towards their inability to pronounce even the most simple of words. It's such a shame. Elocution lessons all round!

Seymour M Hersh
Yes, and I think that you convincingly put that particular jibe-merchant in their rightful place. Again, well done. You're clearly on a roll.

Would I be correct in thinking there is a strange odour about this thread mm? Similar to one one emanating from fester road? Of course I could be wrong.

David_R_Young

But this points more towards their inability to pronounce even the most simple of words. It's such a shame. Elocution lessons all round!

Indeed.

David_R_Young
Would I be correct in thinking there is a strange odour about this thread mm? Similar to one one emanating from fester road? Of course I could be wrong.

:hobofish:

Interesting point HofV.

Frequency is also referred to as "cycles per second"

If one could measure the frequency of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup it would currently be approximately 2.96 x 10 -10 Hz This number reduces in size with every passing year

jamboinglasgow

They uncovered a unreleased scene of my fair lady recently

1964-My-Fair-Lady.jpg

Henry higgens: Now repeat after me dear, The hearts have hammered the homosexual hibs.

Eliza Doolittle: the hertz ave ammered the omosexual hibs

Henry Higgens: Oh dear now you sound like one of those hibs fans.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Interesting point HofV.

If one could measure the frequency of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup it would currently be approximately 2.96 x 10 -10 Hz This number reduces in size with every passing year

Interesting. What would that be in percentage? 0% chance?

I have a similar view Seymour - there is certainly a whiff of something .... shall we say something pestiferous? It may be Lochender, it may be common-or-garden Troll. But it certainly smells unhealthy.

hearts_crazy

It's just that they can't spell Hearts. You've seen examples of their shocking grammar and spelling in every single thread on here started by a hobo on the wind-up. That's how we usually find them out after just one post.

They uncovered a unreleased scene of my fair lady recently

1964-My-Fair-Lady.jpg

Henry higgens: Now repeat after me dear, The hearts have hammered the homosexual hibs.

Eliza Doolittle: the hertz ave ammered the omosexual hibs

Henry Higgens: Oh dear now you sound like one of those hibs fans.

Eliza Dolittle probably made nicer pegs though, they took care with their workmanship back then.

They don't even bother painting their caravans anymore y'know. Lazy beggars.

Eliza Dolittle probably made nicer pegs though, they took care with their workmanship back then.

They don't even bother painting their caravans anymore y'know. Lazy beggars.

Now I'll have to stop you there Red .... Eliza, dear Eliza, was no peg maker, she sold flowers. However, her old man was a dustman.

Now memory might fail me, but isn't there some connection between Hobos, 1980s fashion-crime, and working the bins? Could this be the Lochend Vice connection?

jamboinglasgow

there is something about hibs and my fair lady. The person with much potential in an unglamours place, gets courted by a rich dominating figure (the OF) and becomes a great person (actully that final part has never happened oh well)

blondejamtart

Elocution would be one thing - but am I the only one thinking electrocution would be a better thing as far as that lot are concerned? :whistling:

they cant tell the difference between units of frequency, football teams or car rental companies

they are the Brazil of europe tho

Now I'll have to stop you there Red .... Eliza, dear Eliza, was no peg maker, she sold flowers. However, her old man was a dustman.

Now memory might fail me, but isn't there some connection between Hobos, 1980s fashion-crime, and working the bins? Could this be the Lochend Vice connection?

Yes I know....but I'm never one to let boring old facts get in the way of a good hobo jibe... :P

Not this again, Italian Lambretta will be on soon saying its a weegie word.

Loads of folk say Herts, its East coast dialect. Never ever heard a West coaster use the term.

Heard lots of Hearts fans use it.

Interesting point HofV.

Mega

Archived