Beni

lou

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

If he's fit, he should play every game.

He's the quality of player we rarely see and I've been going to games for over half a century. I'm still hoping he stays.

Correct - He is quality, problem is he does not show it too often. But then if he did, he would be playing in England!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• lost in space

• kingantti1874

• Ricardo Quaresma

4marsbars
10 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

He’s not been the same since his horrific injury. That’s understandable. But I still rate Beni. He can be a little lazy at times and shits it in any tackles now. But play him till end of season. He will be away back down to England no doubt anyway. 

A little lazy? I take it (Aussie) you're basing that judgement on what you see on a TV screen. 

He's constantly looking for the ball, always making himself available, rarely wastes it and doesn't get flustered. The opposite of lazy.

Maybe the word you're looking for is relaxed, or comfortable. That's what I see.

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

A little lazy? I take it (Aussie) you're basing that judgement on what you see on a TV screen. 

He's constantly looking for the ball, always making himself available, rarely wastes it and doesn't get flustered. The opposite of lazy.

Maybe the word you're looking for is relaxed, or comfortable. That's what I see.

For me, it's cause of the moments where he just  gives up that he gets that rep. See 2nd goal last week for an example. 

mitch41
12 hours ago, NottsJambo said:

Thought he was superb until he went off. We are going to miss him a lot next season.

But we won’t if we sign a better player than him.

boag1874
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Could say that about any player tbf, easier said than done when talking about guys with real quality though 

spacerjoe

Our season started to turn around when Beni rejoined the squad and got back to fitness (clearly early on he wasn't).

We've really missed the Dev / Beni partnership. Especially now with Devlin 2.0.

It'll be interesting to see if we can really develop Tait into a Gilmour style holding mid, with Devlin and Hoff ahead of him, pressing high.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

For me, it's cause of the moments where he just  gives up that he gets that rep. See 2nd goal last week for an example. 

“The stat: Beni Baningime's 6.05 counterpressures per 90

What it means

We have previously delved into Baningime's figures at length [LINK] to examine why the No.6 is one of the best passers of the ball in the league, but the former Everton man has more than one string to his bow. Not content with being one of the Premiership's most effective ball distributors, the 25-year-old also happens to be brilliant at stopping teams from counter-attacking too. No other Premiership player completes more counterpressures (pressing the opposition within five seconds of their team losing possession) than Baningime, which neatly demonstrates just how keen he has been to break up counters. And when Baningime gets called into action, Hearts often win the ball back even when he doesn't win it himself. Baningime is the top-ranked player in the league for counterpress regains (when the team regains possession after a player's counterpressure) and this has helped Hearts form one of the Premiership's most robust defences.   “

the above is from the standard. Apologies if I shouldn’t have posted it but beni is not lazy at all.  A total myth

Edited by kingantti1874

Gorgie_Rules

He’s undoubtedly one of our best players but if hes not signing a contract there is no point playing him the last 4 games. Give Tait the experience.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That will be hard to do. I can't remember in my time (and that's a long time) seeing a better ball-winning / ball-retaining defensive midfielder than Beni. I'm not sure where the new signings like Dhanda or the returning Hof will fit into a midfield without Beni,  but if we can't replace or keep him we will have to change our style.

On a slightly different note about him; he's not yet up to full fitness IMO, he had a long time out and usually fades late in games. Maybe yesterday's fitness issue was related to that.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That will be hard to do. I can't remember in my time (and that's a long time) seeing a better ball-winning / ball-retaining defensive midfielder than Beni. I'm not sure where the new signings like Dhanda or the returning Hof will fit into a midfield without Beni,  but if we can't replace or keep him we will have to change our style.

On a slightly different note about him; he's not yet up to full fitness IMO, he had a long time out and usually fades late in games. Maybe yesterday's fitness issue was related to that.

we will certainly try and replace him directly with at least 1 CDM.  Allan Campbell is my bet

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

“The stat: Beni Baningime's 6.05 counterpressures per 90

What it means

We have previously delved into Baningime's figures at length [LINK] to examine why the No.6 is one of the best passers of the ball in the league, but the former Everton man has more than one string to his bow. Not content with being one of the Premiership's most effective ball distributors, the 25-year-old also happens to be brilliant at stopping teams from counter-attacking too. No other Premiership player completes more counterpressures (pressing the opposition within five seconds of their team losing possession) than Baningime, which neatly demonstrates just how keen he has been to break up counters. And when Baningime gets called into action, Hearts often win the ball back even when he doesn't win it himself. Baningime is the top-ranked player in the league for counterpress regains (when the team regains possession after a player's counterpressure) and this has helped Hearts form one of the Premiership's most robust defences.   “

the above is from the standard. Apologies if I shouldn’t have posted it but beni is not lazy at all.  A total myth

Don't disagree with any of that. He does all that, but still has moments he gives up. And thats why he gets that lazy rep.  2nd goal last week an example. Stood and watched.

GBJambo
15 hours ago, Helter Skelter said:

Shitebag.

Attitude’s stinking. He can gtf asap.

🤣🤣🤣

What ****ing nonsense 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, H2 said:

You cannot be serious.

Explain

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

wavydavy
14 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

He was great today, if Tait is his replacement, I hope Beni gets well soon

Totally agree.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It was due to him feeling unwell but I agree about him not being back to full fitness which takes a long time after the length of time he has been out.

Glad to hear he is okay and started well yesterday.

I still think we need an upgrade so won’t be disappointed when he goes. 

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Rods said:

We won't find an upgrade within our budget I'm sorry to say, but we might be able to change our style of play.

4marsbars
28 minutes ago, Rods said:

Sometimes we just have to accept that we have an exceptionally talented player who will be impossible to replace like-for-like. Beni is such a player.

I'll be devastated if he goes.

Beni is a class player or was pre injury.

Now he looks weak and not fit so his contribution to the team is usually quite minimal. I don’t want someone who will be on a good wage to contribute very little to the team. I am getting Pinilla vibes from him now.

We need an upgrade as in someone who will contribute over a sustained period in a match and also the season. 

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Now he looks weak and not fit so his contribution to the team is usually quite minimal. I don’t want someone who will be on a good wage to contribute very little to the team. I am getting Pinilla vibes from him now.

We need an upgrade as in someone who will contribute over a sustained period in a match and also the season. 

You're not watching the same game as me or, I suspect, most of the Heart's support.

10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Sometimes we just have to accept that we have an exceptionally talented player who will be impossible to replace like-for-like. Beni is such a player.

I'll be devastated if he goes.

Me too, we are a far better team with him in it 

alicante jambo

Got to remember he was out for months and has come back and hardly had a rest. He was brilliant yesterday.

8 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Got to remember he was out for months and has come back and hardly had a rest. He was brilliant yesterday.

He was brilliant yesterday for maybe at total of 2 minutes of the game in total. I personally don’t think he contributes enough. Keep him as a back up on a salary fit for a back up but he should not be a starter

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

You're not watching the same game as me or, I suspect, most of the Heart's support.

He was ragdolled on several occasions last week and was hardly on the pitch yesterday.

Maybe I am basing my opinion on his lack of gametime and his general fitness also the effort he fails to put in actually riles me. The effort he put in or the non effort for Rangers second goal was criminal.

Still his assist and goals make up for his lack of gametime/effort.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Rods said:

He was brilliant yesterday for maybe at total of 2 minutes of the game in total. I personally don’t think he contributes enough. Keep him as a back up on a salary fit for a back up but he should not be a starter

He was ragdolled on several occasions last week and was hardly on the pitch yesterday.

Maybe I am basing my opinion on his lack of gametime and his general fitness also the effort he fails to put in actually riles me. The effort he put in or the non effort for Rangers second goal was criminal.

Still his assist and goals make up for his lack of gametime/effort.

Your talking rubbish rods. Him and devlin were ruling that midfield. 2 minutes did you watch the game? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Your talking rubbish rods. Him and devlin were ruling that midfield. 2 minutes did you watch the game? Genuine question.

I watched the game yes.

He was subbed after 43 minutes 

He contributed but nothing amazing then went off 

Remember him taking the ball in and turning a couple of times but Grant and Devlin were better and if Killie had matched up with us we would have had a passenger who is easily pushed off the ball and unfit. 

His overall game contributions since returning from injury has been poor. 

The disgraceful effort for Rangers 2nd goal last week was the final straw for me. 

MR INCREDIBLE
32 minutes ago, Rods said:

I’m with you on this !!!

Can’t run !

Can’t header !

Can’t hit a pass more than 10 yards !

Can’t shoot !

Cringe every time his name is on the team sheet !

alicante jambo
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

I watched the game yes.

He was subbed after 43 minutes 

He contributed but nothing amazing then went off 

Remember him taking the ball in and turning a couple of times but Grant and Devlin were better and if Killie had matched up with us we would have had a passenger who is easily pushed off the ball and unfit. 

His overall game contributions since returning from injury has been poor. 

The disgraceful effort for Rangers 2nd goal last week was the final straw for me. 

Fair enough mate we disagree with eachother on this. Yes the 2nd goal scunnered me too but none of them covered themselves in glory last week really. I rate beni genuinly thought he played well. 

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Fair enough mate we disagree with eachother on this. Yes the 2nd goal scunnered me too but none of them covered themselves in glory last week really. I rate beni genuinly thought he played well. 

I am not saying he is a terrible player he just is not consistent enough. 

We are looking to improve in the league next year we need consistent performers. Right now Beni does not fit that model. 

let’s agree to disagree 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Rods said:

We are looking to improve in the league next year we need consistent performers. Right now Beni does not fit that model. 

let’s agree to disagree 

I half hope we do lose Beni so folk like you understand how important he is to us. 

alicante jambo
Just now, Rods said:

let’s agree to disagree 

Naismith has semmingly got 3 coming in so far dhanda being 1. He will know if beni is staying or not but i genuinly think with decent players around him he can get back to his best. Our midfield is brutal hasbeen for ages im trusting naisy will sort this. Lets be frank and honest here who has been consistantly good? Look we are 3rd been to 2 semis its no been all doom and gloom. Again last week was hard to take but we move on.

https://youtu.be/HtC65gbPnkI?feature=shared

Start at 5.21 can anyone tell me how this is acceptable from Beni?

If you actually listen you can hear Naisy screaming at him. 

He was also on the turf looking to get subbed at ER in our 1-0 win we would have been left with 10 men. 

Edited by Rods

Scott Leitch
15 minutes ago, Rods said:

Not trolling your clearly a bit slow or thick as you have Scott Leitch as a user someone who was decent and knew about the effort required for a midfielder.

You should really pause to think before posting stupid stuff like that. Try to be smarter the next post. 

😂 

Chuck Berry
6 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

He’s undoubtedly one of our best players but if hes not signing a contract there is no point playing him the last 4 games. Give Tait the experience.

Agree with that if it's the case, certainly after next week. Wouldn't leave Tait to sink or swim at Parkhead,  but Dundee and St.Mirren give him a start.

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Aye ok 

So you're saying he pulled a sickie?

Jeremy Goss

No coincidence that the he’s back fit again and we’ve finished third again.

Him, Clark, Kent, Kingsley and Shanks are our top 5 performers this season.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Explain

-

You cannot be serious!

chrystaf
9 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

No, he's far too casual/slow at times and can no longer rely on the quality and skills he clearly had before his injury.

It happens to many great players sadly.

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

No coincidence that the he’s back fit again and we’ve finished third again.

Him, Clark, Kent, Kingsley and Shanks are our top 5 performers this season.

Is the correct answer.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, H2 said:

You cannot be serious!

That's a double fault

I'm sure I win the point 🙃

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's a double fault

I'm sure I win the point 🙃

😁

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I half hope we do lose Beni so folk like you understand how important he is to us. 

Reminds me of when people were wanting rid of Djoum. I just dont get how people dont rate Beni.

4marsbars
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reminds me of when people were wanting rid of Djoum. I just dont get how people dont rate Beni.

To be fair, a tiny minority. But, yes, utterly baffling. 

PaddysBar
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From a personal perspective, I still rate Beni highly but also think he’s a shadow of the pre-injury Beni and will be looking for a huge contract that I’m not sure this incarnation is worth.

Aussie Jambo
12 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Unless I fly for a whole day yes I watch all games on hearts TV like most fans that live outside Scotland. 
What I’m saying is he’s very lazy in my opinion. He seldom runs back to help out in defence majority of the time. He could tackle more or run at players to stop balls but he doesn’t, he always lets others do that. Once any opposing player is in his vici are away with the ball he slows down and doesn’t chase. Don’t get me wrong I rate(d) him but after his injury he’s not been the player he was. It has obviously affected his mental approach in the game also. Scottish football is way more physical than English. Most English players struggle at first until they get used to it. I was a centre midfielder so I tend to watch him and the midfield more. I think he can be a very clever footballer and holds the ball and can make some lovely passes. But soon as anyone comes at him and tackles him he moves away and loses the ball or passes it the ball too quickly then gives it away to the opposition. Watch the last 2 games highlights looking just at Beni. You’ll understand what I mean. 
So what I’m saying is he’s not a physical player in any way but is skilful. 
IMO any midfield needs strong players like the defenders. He seems very prissy. I don’t think he is happy at hearts anyway or he would have signed a new contract and the fact he hasn’t already got one speaks volumes to me. I’d be sad to see him go like Gino but he just doesn’t seem happy at hearts. Just my thoughts. 

Beni turning in to a Djoum like figure amongst the fans. We either love him or hate him. 

FWIW I am in the former camp. 

periodictabledancer
31 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

What I’m saying is he’s very lazy in my opinion. He seldom runs back to help out in defence majority of the time. He could tackle more or run at players to stop balls but he doesn’t, he always lets others do that. Once any opposing player is in his vici are away with the ball he slows down and doesn’t chase. 

So what I’m saying is he’s not a physical player in any way but is skilful. 

Strange because shortly before he went off injured I recall him being involved in a tussle with a Killie player where he chased the guy 25 yards fighting for the ball. 

Of all the things wrong with our weak as p1ss midfield I wouldn't say it's Beni. 

Aussie Jambo
18 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Strange because shortly before he went off injured I recall him being involved in a tussle with a Killie player where he chased the guy 25 yards fighting for the ball. 

Of all the things wrong with our weak as p1ss midfield I wouldn't say it's Beni. 

That was probably the only time. Look I don’t hate Beni. I think he can be a great player but after his injury he’s a shadow of that. When he first played I loved him. But he was out for sometime. I just think he’s running down the clock with us. Maybe doing what you stated so that another team might see him and pick him up. Unless he already knows where he is going? If he stayed I wouldn’t be angry. I just think he needs to pick up his game and get his confidence back. Anyone ever breaking any limbs knows it’s just not the same afterwards. We’ve had a few players that had similar injuries but never made it back to the player they were. So in a nutshell I’m saying that he’s been great for us but is way off the mark now. I’d still be happy if he stayed but I really can’t see it myself. Again only my opinion and not fact. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo

Aussie Jambo
27 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Beni turning in to a Djoum like figure amongst the fans. We either love him or hate him. 

FWIW I am in the former camp. 

I liked Djoum. 

middie101

Benni is still not the same player he was pre injury, but having read many professionals/ex professionals say, it can take the same time you were out for to get back fully fit again im happy to wait until next season to judge him again. Hes by far and away the best at receiving the ball in tight areas in centre mid and retaining the ball. Hes also comfortably the best on the half turn in the squad, which is what seperates the rest of the players on the pitch and center mids. Cochrane great footballer, ok in midfield, but canny do the graceful 180 turn the way long term CMs do. Only real thing hes not got back to is making challenges. The odd one here and there, but he doesnt look like he trusts his body again fully yet to me. Hes still great at reading the game and intercepting the ball.

Think benni is waiting to see what his options are in summer. If memory serves me, he has family in Preston!? Could be a shout for him.

But like shanks, would not be surprised if he decides to continue on here for another contract. European football will count for alot if the wages on offer are similar.

periodictabledancer
23 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

That was probably the only time. Look I don’t hate Beni. I think he can be a great player but after his injury he’s a shadow of that. When he first played I loved him. But he was out for sometime. I just think he’s running down the clock with us. Maybe doing what you stated so that another team might see him and pick him up. Unless he already knows where he is going? If he stayed I wouldn’t be angry. I just think he needs to pick up his game and get his confidence back. Anyone ever breaking any limbs knows it’s just not the same afterwards. We’ve had a few players that had similar injuries but never made it back to the player they were. So in a nutshell I’m saying that he’s been great for us but is way off the mark now. I’d still be happy if he stayed but I really can’t see it myself. Again only my opinion and not fact. 

Whatever, you've nailed your colours to the mast.