Devlin

alicante jambo

TheBigO
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's really slow, did you not see when he broke forward with the ball and ended up offside?

2 or 3 of their players caught up with him like he was in quick sand. 

Have you seen the 800million times hes ran people down, perhaps look back at Speedy Gonzalez Maryin Boyle trying to get away from him with a head start from halfway in the last derby.

Youre wrong.

Is he really quick?? No, not especially in Mbappe or even Oda type terms. But slow? Never mind too slow... not by 1mph.

But as i say its your fave. Sure it was yourself argued blue that Newy is slow and saw you call Tait slow the other day too.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• CMc

• been here before

• Sooks

Bob Loblaw
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Have you seen the 800million times hes ran people down, perhaps look back at Speedy Gonzalez Maryin Boyle trying to get away from him with a head start from halfway in the last derby.

Youre wrong.

Is he really quick?? No, not especially in Mbappe or even Oda type terms. But slow? Never mind too slow... not by 1mph.

But as i say its your fave. Sure it was yourself argued blue that Newy is slow and saw you call Tait slow the other day too.

You can't argue with stupid mate.

TheBigO
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You can't argue with stupid mate.

Yes you can.. !

the real mackay

Devlin, in my option, is a fantastic wee player and I would start him every week. I think today we could see what Naismith is trying to introduce to his game and I really liked what I saw. Yes he has his limitations, but his endeavour , work rate and commitment to Hearts cannot be questioned. If everyone in our side had his attitude we would be winning more competitions than at present.

Chillidigits
33 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're comparing Devlin to Maradona now are we? 

Bloody hell. 

If you're a bang average player in Scotland, i would prefer you to be able to win some headers. 

Height wise not much between him and Colin C and today playing like CC did

been here before

Played well today but the amount of times he checked a run with the ball when in a decent positiin, slowed the play down and played a sideways or backward pass was frustrating as ****.

And just shoot sometimes laddie!!

23 minutes ago, CMc said:

Messi, Xavi, Roberto Carlos, Phillip Lahm, Luka Modric, Frank Ribéry, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Andreas Iniesta, Pirlo, Paul Scholes - all shite. Far too short. 

And Robbo 😁

Chillidigits
25 minutes ago, CMc said:

Messi, Xavi, Roberto Carlos, Phillip Lahm, Luka Modric, Frank Ribéry, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Andreas Iniesta, Pirlo, Paul Scholes - all shite. Far too short. 

You missed out Kenny Aird !

Chillidigits
17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Youre wrong.

Swtching his tivo box to double speed will sort all his problems.

Jam-Tart
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Was felling unwell. Fine for next week 

That's good to hear, thanks 👍

Greedy Jambo
20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Youre wrong.

Nah, you've got the wrong person there. 

We have used our option to extend his contract for another year after this season, but I really, really think we need to look at getting a longer term contract agreed. 

What we've saw this season from him is a player in transition from a spoiler to a box to box midfielder, I don't want to see things click next season and him to walk on a free after all the hard graft has been put in getting him to that level.

Hopefully Savage has this on his radar to sort before next season.

Campos

Lahm      Baresi     Cannavaro  Carlos 

Makalele

Xavi                Iniesta

Messi                                Maradona 

Pelé 

absolute pish. 

Devlin is a perfect example of the coaching and player development that is going on within the club now. Can he now become our new Colin Cameron 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He played well for about 30 minutes. 

He's still not good enough going forward, IMO

Too short and too slow. 

😀😀

hearts00
42 minutes ago, the real mackay said:

Devlin, in my option, is a fantastic wee player and I would start him every week. I think today we could see what Naismith is trying to introduce to his game and I really liked what I saw. Yes he has his limitations, but his endeavour , work rate and commitment to Hearts cannot be questioned. If everyone in our side had his attitude we would be winning more competitions than at present.

I agree with a lot of that but the last statement is not necessarily true. 

Devlin can do all the great stuff he did today but when he gets into the key positions, which he did brilliantly today, if he does not have the quality with his decision making, execution of pass or ability to finish, then we aint winning anything. 

He has some tremendous attributes no doubt and should be a big factor going forward. But do I believe he is the answer to us creating more and scoring more, 100% no. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

That’s just absolute shite 

Of course it is, look who posted it!

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Of course it is, look who posted it!

Aye, the guy that wanted us to sign Shankland 7 years ago while the majority of Kickback didn't rate him. 

mscjambo

Outstanding. Winning us possession higher up the park. Was Outstanding 

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, the guy that wanted us to sign Shankland 7 years ago while the majority of Kickback didn't rate him. 

You're having a mare on this thread tonight mate. Don't worry about it...alcohol is the solution.  Trust me, I've been there🙂

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Hearts TV commentary compared him to a young Colin Cameron today.

While he has a bit to go to justify that, not unfair based on performances today and recently.

To the poster above saying he’s too short, he has the heart of a Lion.

Got a long, long away to be as good as Mickey.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You only joined 4.5 years ago. November 27, 2019 to be exact.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

You only joined 4.5 years ago. November 27, 2019 to be exact.

Well, that's incorrect, but thanks for being a stalker. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Well, that's incorrect, but thanks for being a stalker. 

Is it aye?

Screenshot_20240427_200455_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.54e726ff48fb07cdf5e0b9fcf26fc257.jpg

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Is it aye?

Screenshot_20240427_200455_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.54e726ff48fb07cdf5e0b9fcf26fc257.jpg

😂 I'm not saying it's your fault, although you could have done more. 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, db211833 said:

We are seeing coaching that we haven't had in a long time. Both him and Naismith have talked about him being coached to be more box to box. We started to see that today.

Completely agree.

He is still a work in progress, needs to make the right pass when he gets into the right positions, but you can see how Naismith has set about to change his role and develop him and he did it so well today. He was unlucky not to get a goal with that shot off the cross bar.

Its something I have thought he needed for a while, a manager who can actually coach players rather than just sign lots and hope they play well and dont go backwards.

As I say Devlin is a work in progress in his new role but today showed why we should keep working on it.

section s heart
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Whatever SN was doing with him, it’s working. Delighted for the wee man 

Heartening to know the coaching team seem to be actively working to make players better.

We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes over the years, but it's often felt like if a player had weaknesses, it has been too easy to simply accept the weaknesses as part of the make up of the player. 

I'm not a massive Devlin fan, but really pleased for him, the coaching team and us as fans that he's clearly developing as a player, which benefits everyone. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Heartening to know the coaching team seem to be actively working to make players better.

We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes over the years, but it's often felt like if a player had weaknesses, it has been too easy to simply accept the weaknesses as part of the make up of the player. 

I'm not a massive Devlin fan, but really pleased for him, the coaching team and us as fans that he's clearly developing as a player, which benefits everyone. 

Not to bash Neilson and Levein too much (I still do rate Neilson.) But I found it hard to think of players that were signed by them or promoted from the academy who improved while at Hearts. Felt like they signed players in to fit and when they started to get poorer they were moved on and a new player in.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

ShedBoy
1 minute ago, section s heart said:

His performance today was that of a very energetic, confident, committed professional footballer. You always get 100% heart from him. I love the lad, he rarely lets us down, and if his performance is below par, it kills him. Chuffed to bits for him today. He gets us.

Greedy Jambo
42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not to bash Neilson and Levein too much (I still do rate .Neilson) But I found it hard to think of players that were signed by them or promoted from the academy who improved while at Hearts. Felt like they signed players in to fit and when they started to get poorer they were moved on and a new player in.

Stop there. 

Bongo 1874
46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not to bash Neilson and Levein too much (I still do rate Neilson.) But I found it hard to think of players that were signed by them or promoted from the academy who improved while at Hearts. Felt like they signed players in to fit and when they started to get poorer they were moved on and a new player in.

You know yourself,recruitment is key not just in football,but life.

We can't outspend Rangers or Celtic.

But we can try and outsmart them with good recruitment,and by promoting youth players in the hope they turn good and we get a nice profit.

Mix that in with an attacking style of play that is possession based,and a team that counter-presses when out of possession.

The fans really can't ask for more.

We stick to this philosophy playing wise and our recruitment strategy we will get results.

Trust in me 😂😉 I mean Hearts.

thecarnbeejambo

if he keeps progressing he will be our main man.. goals will come...remember paul hartley wasnt exactely idolised at first.

been here before
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂 I'm not saying it's your fault, although you could have done more. 

Ahhh still clinging on to the old Suso and Space Pirate accounts eh?

the real mackay
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I agree with a lot of that but the last statement is not necessarily true. 

Devlin can do all the great stuff he did today but when he gets into the key positions, which he did brilliantly today, if he does not have the quality with his decision making, execution of pass or ability to finish, then we aint winning anything. 

He has some tremendous attributes no doubt and should be a big factor going forward. But do I believe he is the answer to us creating more and scoring more, 100% no. 

I was meaning if all our squad, who all have different strengths and weaknesses, had the same attitude and commitment we as a team would have a better chance of winning trophies.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know yourself,recruitment is key not just in football,but life.

We can't outspend Rangers or Celtic.

But we can try and outsmart them with good recruitment,and by promoting youth players in the hope they turn good and we get a nice profit.

Mix that in with an attacking style of play that is possession based,and a team that counter-presses when out of possession.

The fans really can't ask for more.

We stick to this philosophy playing wise and our recruitment strategy we will get results.

Trust in me 😂😉 I mean Hearts.

I would agree. Recruitment is key in football, but its not all the story.

Proper coaching (i.e. developing players) is often underrated. I think back to Brendan Rogers first stint as Celtic manager. He managed to change average players into good players and good players into great players. McGregor for example really came on under him. He probably added a lot to the transfer fees they received for their players. And made them way above everyone else and dominate.

Getting the most out of the squad we have, with clever recruitment and development of youngsters will pay off for us. I am confident in what Naismith has done and do think it will work out for us. 

Greedy Jambo
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ahhh still clinging on to the old Suso and Space Pirate accounts eh?

Nope, wrong again, you really need to get a new hobby. 

Worst detective ever. 

innerjambo

I would lay of the criticism of Devlin. The guy has energy, and great potential talent. Right now the club are experimenting with him a bit, trying to find out how best to use him.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nope, wrong again, you really need to get a new hobby. 

Worst detective ever. 

Nae bother Terry, nae bother. We're all here to Talk Hearts right enough.

So what one of your other accounts did you make your bold Shankland claim 7 years ago?

been here before
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I would lay of the criticism of Devlin. The guy has energy, and great potential talent. Right now the club are experimenting with him a bit, trying to find out how best to use him.

He's 26 year old, he should be hitting his prime years not being spoken of as having potential.

innerjambo
41 minutes ago, been here before said:

He's 26 year old, he should be hitting his prime years not being spoken of as having potential.

All he's known has been playing defensive mid. The club see something in him, trying to get him to run forward, find space, find a killer pass, or have a go himself. 

It makes sense to me, and is showing signs of working.