Can we just have some perspective please?

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

Don't get me wrong: yesterday was extremely disappointing - we had the chance to take the game to an extremely mediocre Rangers side and we didn't. As many others have said, the decision-making in the final third was very poor and too many players just weren't performing as they should have done.

However....

We need to take a step back and look at things sensibly. We're about to finish third again (barring disasters) and whilst we're not hard on Rangers' heels, we're closer to the top two than we've been for a while, with a really good points total. We're going to be in Europe for the third successive season for the first time ever, and we've finished in the top 4 in three successive seasons for the first time since our golden era in the 1950s.

All of this is being done on the back of financial stability: the teams that won trophies in 1998, 2006 and 2012 were built using money we didn't really have, and we saw where that got us: the 1998 team was dismantled pretty quickly, the 06 team disintegrated and the spending that built the 12 team led us into administration.

This time (and particularly with the European and FoH money) we have an opportunity to build something sustainable which means we can develop a team that strays 'best of the rest' and helps to build something special.

I firmly believe that trophies will come: just as I did in 1996 when the Huns destroyed us in the Scottish Cup final and then narrowly edged the League Cup final. We need our players and management team to learn from this and I'm sure they will.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Pasquale for King

• A_A wehatethehibs

• HopeDiouf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874

Yesterday was very very disappointing, no shame losing to Rangers but the problem is when we lose without having a right go but saying that get this 3rd place in the league confirmed and invest some serious money in the squad in the summer and come back stronger next season 

Now now we can't have this, common sense and perspective aren't allowed here today,l

Take it all back, throw young Tait under the bus, call Shankland poor, slaughter Beni and apologise!

This season started off poorly but the form we have shown has been pretty much relentless, we have reached 2 cup semifinals and are absolutely getting g group stage European football next season. We have improved dramatically but we are a team being built and next season we are addressing the lack of creativity.

Onwards and upwards, this hurts but we are absolutely on the right path 

And I for one apologise to Naismith for being too quick to judge earlier in the season 

Yeh I am now looking at it in the cold light of day and my anger from a semi final loss has subsided a little.

We are still on the right track and we don't want another throw the baby out with the bathwater situation. 

I would imagine the sensible fans will be reassess over the week on were we are at and looking forward to securing third and going into Europe within renewed optimism.

You are always going to get the crowd who will jump on the defeat bandwagon and say the club is going no where. They wont be happy until we are going backwards again.

Edited by Rods

PapaShango

I don’t think it’s not having a go at them, I think we set up to put forward players just never clicked and made the wrong choices constantly. Vargas first half shoots from 35 yards when a pass is on them second half in the box and chance to shoot and he passes it! That’s just 2 examples and on another day one of these falls for us and goes in. Shanklands header goes in then I think we have a chance to go on and win. Biggest issue was that the subs we made didn’t do anything for us and actually made us worse. Tait didn’t have the best games and sold the second. McKay never impacted it at all. The only one who had any effect was Oda who was unlucky not to score a couple of times. We missed a midfielder like Dhanda yesterday and is exactly what we need. Grant just never stepped up yesterday and put in one of his worst performance recently after finding some form. 

Walter Kidd

I've slept on it.  We are definitely getting closer to Der Hun and have beaten Celtic twice this season.  Positive mental attitude required.  Apologies to Kye Rowles for my disparaging post last night. 

Victor Meldrew
6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Now now we can't have this, common sense and perspective aren't allowed here today,l

Take it all back, throw young Tait under the bus, call Shankland poor, slaughter Beni and apologise!

This season started off poorly but the form we have shown has been pretty much relentless, we have reached 2 cup semifinals and are absolutely getting g group stage European football next season. We have improved dramatically but we are a team being built and next season we are addressing the lack of creativity.

Onwards and upwards, this hurts but we are absolutely on the right path 

And I for one apologise to Naismith for being too quick to judge earlier in the season 

I agree with you about Naismith - I was against the appointment at the outset and was too quick to judge earlier in the season.

Just goes to show that we need to look at this as a project for the longer term. Yesterday still hurts, but we need to look at the overall direction of travel. 

And also we need to thank God we're not Hibs or Aberdeen fans!

3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I've slept on it.  We are definitely getting closer to Der Hun and have beaten Celtic twice this season.  Positive mental attitude required.  Apologies to Kye Rowles for my disparaging post last night. 

Sorry but we are getting nowhere near sevco.

For some reason we never turn up against them.

They were there for the taking yesterday and once again we failed miserably.

colinmorewasgash

I just wish would would stop giving the old firm an early goal. They always will come out flying and we seem to concede so quickly. Yes the two celtic games have been a nice change this season but even in games like last week v livvy, the dundee games, ross co we seem to take a while to get going. Oh for old times esp at home when we would come out flying on front foot and get an early goal.

1971fozzy

We did have a go. Just had  some poor decision making and some bad luck.

its been a brilliant season , and of course I’d like to have won yesterday but I see progress and to get European group stage football for next season and the millions that goes with it is massive.

Some very good players pre signed for next season and more to come is very exciting.

I look at the shambles that is Hibs and Aberdeen and feel very happy

Walter Kidd
6 minutes ago, benny said:

If Shankland had scored the header it was a different game after that, we were building up momentum in the game at that point.  That knocked the stuffing out of us.  We have missed Boyce and Halkett this season.  Hopefully, we get a big season out of them both next year.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, benny said:

We are closer,  the league table shows this.

johnking123

We have had a good season.  Yesterday was disappointing.  We need to spend some cash and come back next season even stronger. 

Zerothehero

I was disappointed that we fell into the usual trap of giving ourselves the standard mountain to climb. But having seen this movie play out countless times over the years it's hard to get too depressed. We didn't play badly, first 5 aside. The difference was their defenders and keeper made the blocks and saves at the crucial times, ours didn't. It came down to a couple of moments where the difference in quality separated the teams. 

Outside of those moments we matched them really well. Big picture - it's been a really good season, after some of the horror years we've had in the last 10 I'd take this every year. 

buzzbomb1958
28 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Don't get me wrong: yesterday was extremely disappointing - we had the chance to take the game to an extremely mediocre Rangers side and we didn't. As many others have said, the decision-making in the final third was very poor and too many players just weren't performing as they should have done.

However....

We need to take a step back and look at things sensibly. We're about to finish third again (barring disasters) and whilst we're not hard on Rangers' heels, we're closer to the top two than we've been for a while, with a really good points total. We're going to be in Europe for the third successive season for the first time ever, and we've finished in the top 4 in three successive seasons for the first time since our golden era in the 1950s.

All of this is being done on the back of financial stability: the teams that won trophies in 1998, 2006 and 2012 were built using money we didn't really have, and we saw where that got us: the 1998 team was dismantled pretty quickly, the 06 team disintegrated and the spending that built the 12 team led us into administration.

This time (and particularly with the European and FoH money) we have an opportunity to build something sustainable which means we can develop a team that strays 'best of the rest' and helps to build something special.

I firmly believe that trophies will come: just as I did in 1996 when the Huns destroyed us in the Scottish Cup final and then narrowly edged the League Cup final. We need our players and management team to learn from this and I'm sure they will.

Not with this team as it is ,There are at least 8 players who should be got rid of and upgraded there should be no excuses. We will take in over 6 million for Europe, so there is no reason why we cannot upgrade the team 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not with this team as it is ,There are at least 8 players who should be got rid of and upgraded there should be no excuses. We will take in over 6 million for Europe, so there is no reason why we cannot upgrade the team 

:vrface:

AC Mallin_51

Yesterday was a bummer but it doesn’t take away from the fact it’s been a great season. 2 trips to Hampden, 3rd place (all but confirmed) a win at Easter Road, back to back wins v Celtic, a great unbeaten run, 10 wins on the road and a striker who’ll probably end up with 30 goals. Add in the Rosenborg game for good measure which was truly special when that 3rd goal went in

naeclue

I was miserable yesterday, and am still fed up today. But I have a bit more perspective. The first hun goal, the ball breaks for them, it could have easily not. For us, nothing goes our way. 

We had years of losing to Celtic, we’ve broken that, it’ll be Rangers next. 

Keep on keeping on, we’ll get there.

boag1874
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That’s it, just throw the baby out with the bath water.

1971fozzy
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

69FD94F1-8439-439B-8CAF-CA1B0D68E2E5.gif.4e5f7e096660fa956a86818465d946e2.gifimage.png.776ced98a9261dce573247722176370b.png

Victor Meldrew
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

There's always a process of renewal and (hopefully) improvement each season. Dhanda should make a difference as we're crying out for a player like him. Other good additions funded by the case we will now make should help us to close the gap.

There does need to be a clearout of certain players - all part of the normal renewal of the team. Barrie McKay is top of my list for that.

BerraBelieveit

Still a great season overall with so many brilliant memories - Shanks at Easter Road, beating Celtic twice, the 2 x 3-2 victories vs Dundee, Rosenborg at Tynecastle and a few more. Rangers are the only team I believe who've taken more points off us than we've taken off them out of the 11 in the league. Add to that, a couple of good away European trips & the Gorgie Ultra's cementing themselves as a proper asset to the club. 

It is just very hard to keep the positivity up when you've had 5 attempts at beating a very average Rangers side and lost every single one of them - all in a completely different manor. We've watched this Hearts side battle to so many victories this season, even when we are not playing great. But to come out at Hampden to a 19,000+ maroon end, and concede a pretty abysmal goal after 5 minutes is utterly depressing. Thought we carried a threat throughout but nowhere near good enough. I think we massively missed the Hof. 

150th year anniversary was supposed to be the big one where we lifted that cup. I fully believed as despite the negative tone, I am always optimistic and confident when it comes to Hearts, hence the come down. So I feel like it's my birthday and there's no cake. 

.Now we need to start all over again to add to the trophy cabinet which is always a daunting thought when you go out of the cup. 

There are various moments throughout life following Hearts where the unbelievable fan base deserve better than what is being served up on the pitch. Add yesterday to that list. 

Anyways, send on Kilmarnock away, still should get near 2,000 travelling support and hopefully seal third. 

We lack creativity but are clearly trying to address that, with the Dhanda and Spittal signings. I trust Naismith to keep improving us and think we’ll be a better team next season. 

AGoodLaugh
28 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I don’t think it’s not having a go at them, I think we set up to put forward players just never clicked and made the wrong choices constantly. Vargas first half shoots from 35 yards when a pass is on them second half in the box and chance to shoot and he passes it! That’s just 2 examples and on another day one of these falls for us and goes in. Shanklands header goes in then I think we have a chance to go on and win. Biggest issue was that the subs we made didn’t do anything for us and actually made us worse. Tait didn’t have the best games and sold the second. McKay never impacted it at all. The only one who had any effect was Oda who was unlucky not to score a couple of times. We missed a midfielder like Dhanda yesterday and is exactly what we need. Grant just never stepped up yesterday and put in one of his worst performance recently after finding some form. 

Agree with this; I don't really understand where the "not having a go" narrative is coming from. I thought we had a go, we just played pretty terribly. Terrible decision making and finishing in attack, moments of clown show defending at the back. 

Lovecraft

Too many players had an off day.  It happens.  It was just bad luck it happened yesterday.

We never done ourselves any favours in midfield, but I can't blame anyone's effort.

It's been a great season so far and we are improving again this season, both on the field and off it.  We have also signed what could be 3 very key players to next season, which is already showing great foresight.  I fully expect the scouting team are currently prioritising a RB and new striker for next year.  Possibly another CB.

On another day, we score 2 or 3.  Oda 100% should have scored and Shankland puts that header in 8/10 times.

The guarantee of the Euro cash and games hopefully convinces Shanks to stay and we sign him a genuine partner.

Anyone having a dig at Tait needs to have a look at themselves tbh.

The fact that this season is pretty much already sorted with 5 games to go should sum up how pleased we should be.  We got to 2 semi finals and were beaten in both.  That's obviously where we still are as a team.  Again, the fact we have already strengthened in key positions for next season is fantastic.  We should be skooshing 3rd again next year, then we look at gaining more points than we did this year.  Are we likely to beat Celtic twice again next year?  Doubtful...   but let's try and take points of Rangers next year to make up for it instead.  Our home form could be improved too and we lost some silly points at home.

Also, Hibs are falling to bits, and their real drama hasn't even started yet.  You can't sell loan players.

Finishing 3rd with 5 games to go (Yes, I know - but it's done.  Killie aren't winning all their games)

Reaching 2 semis (Finals would obviously be better, but we were unlucky to get the OF)

More Euro experience

Bringing more youngsters through that are actually getting first team games

Scotland qualifying for the Euros and Shanks getting back in the squad

More off field stuff securing more income for the club that we have yet to see

Hibs finishing in the bottom 6 and having to go about with their begging bowl

Edit to add a few great comebacks in games that we would have bottled it in a couple of seasons ago.

Great time to be a Hearts fan.

Edited by Lovecraft

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Too many players had an off day.  It happens.  It was just bad luck it happened yesterday.

We never done ourselves any favours in midfield, but I can't blame anyone's effort.

It's been a great season so far and we are improving again this season, both on the field and off it.  We have also signed what could be 3 very key players to next season, which is already showing great foresight.  I fully expect the scouting team are currently prioritising a RB and new striker for next year.  Possibly another CB.

On another day, we score 2 or 3.  Oda 100% should have scored and Shankland puts that header in 8/10 times.

The guarantee of the Euro cash and games hopefully convinces Shanks to stay and we sign him a genuine partner.

Anyone having a dig at Tait needs to have a look at themselves tbh.

The fact that this season is pretty much already sorted with 5 games to go should sum up how please we should be.  We got to 2 semi finals and were beaten in both.  That's obviously where we still are as a team.  Again, the fact we have already strengthened in key positions for next season is fantastic.  We should be skooshing 3rd again next year, then we look at gaining more points than we did this year.  Are we likely to beat Celtic twice again next year?  Doubtful...   but let's try and take points of Rangers next year to make up for it instead.  Our home form could be improved too and we lost some silly points at home.

Also, Hibs are falling to bits, and their real drama hasn't even started yet.  You can't sell loan players.

Finishing 3rd with 5 games to go (Yes, I know - but it's done.  Killie aren't winning all their games)

Reaching 2 semis (Finals would obviously be better, but we were unlucky to get the OF)

More Euro experience

Bringing more youngsters through that are actually getting first team games

Scotland qualifying for the Euros and Shanks getting back in the squad

More off field stuff securing more income for the club that we have yet to see

Hibs finishing in the bottom 6 and having to go about with their begging bowl

Great time to be a Hearts fan.

superb post

Lovecraft
11 minutes ago, stotty said:

We lack creativity but are clearly trying to address that, with the Dhanda and Spittal signings. I trust Naismith to keep improving us and think we’ll be a better team next season. 

Both chuck in goals too, a key thing we have been missing this season.   That would be huge and hopefully take pressure off Shanks.

goldiebackwash1985

100%!!! I had zero perspective yesterday and couldn't believe we missed an outstanding opportunity to lay one on this what appears to be a very mediocre Rangers team. But the gap between 3rd and the top 2 is closer than most would of expected. The club have navigated to a financially stable entity that we should all be proud of. And building solid foundations to move forward and hopefully allowing further growth and success.

Hopefully the added creativity we have acquired for next season and going forward we bring in further defensive quality. The manager is growing in experience and doing better than what I assume many would think he would be able to do (me included) and youth is finally getting a chance also.

Whats not to like where we are going.

The roots are there just need to continue nurturing and we will bloom and flourish.

Jamboross
36 minutes ago, benny said:

We were incredibly close to beating them at Ibrox, should have got something out of the December game at home and there really wasn't all that much between us yesterday. 

The results against them might not be there quite yet but in previous years they'd turn us over on a regular basis so we're at least in the position now where we have a chance. 

lost in space
10 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I agree at least 8 will/should go if we want to improve -

McGovern- if thats the name of the goalie who never played

Lambiksa - may be a good player one day but years away

Cochrane - his head seems elsewhere and has regressed this season

Sibbick - has had some good games for us but not reliable

Beni - I wanted him to stay but he is a one-trick pony (it is a VERY good trick tbf)

Grant - had the occasional good game but doesnt have the work ethic or pace

Tagawa - no explanation required

Mackay - biggest coward we ever had apart from Mackay-Steven (great skill - but that isnt enough)

Boyce - he should join the coaching team or be paid off

Some will say "Beni and Mackay have been very good this season".  I would agree they both have had good games but their attitudes are mostly not good - IN MY OPINION. 

There are others who should only be subs unless injury emergency (Devlin/ Atkinson)

We are bringing Penrice/ Dhanda/Spittal according to reports. With Tait and Denholm getting more game time we can afford to let players go (especially midfield players).  We probably would need another 5 if we can lose the 9 I have listed - 1 RB/1 CH/ ! defensive mid/ 1 winger/ 1 striker.

And YES, that is me showing some perspective!!!!😇

Jambo in Bathgate
34 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

If Shankland had scored the header it was a different game after that, we were building up momentum in the game at that point.  That knocked the stuffing out of us.  We have missed Boyce and Halkett this season.  Hopefully, we get a big season out of them both next year.

Boyce up front with Shankland changes the dynamic. Boyce playing the hold up role and Shankland in the middle. That was a young side yesterday. Naismith has used academy players unlike other managers. He has also started rebuilding for next season with the type of player we have all been shouting about. 

cosanostra

Ah **** it. I'm over it already.

Looking forward to the next game, the Euros, the transfer window and next season. 

MattyK82
58 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yesterday was very very disappointing, no shame losing to Rangers but the problem is when we lose without having a right go but saying that get this 3rd place in the league confirmed and invest some serious money in the squad in the summer and come back stronger next season 

See this rhetoric is exhausting. 

We did have a go. Theres no doubt about that.

We competed well but we lacked quality in the 3rd of the pitch that really mattered.  

Yeterday was nothing like 2022 for example, when we didn't have any sort of go and literally offered FA.

Yesterday we did well to a certain point. But turned off twice at the back and failed to capitalise on multiple dangerous attacks (most came in a 20 minute spell when the game was finely balanced) because of poor decision making and naivety;

1. Vargas nicks the ball off Souttar, on the right, gets in behind - fails to pick the right cut back - Forrest was totally unmarked for a tap in.

2. Mckay plays in Vargas in an overload situation, he dithers and chance is gone.

3. forrest nicks the ball 1st half, drives at them but should have slipped in shanks or shot much earlier. Chance wasted.

4. shanks header at the back post. Probably should score.

5. odas chance late on. He simply must score. Brilliant save. But has to score.

Their fans were subdued in the 2nd half. Because they knew we were on the ascendancy. The problem was we lacked the killer touch. Their 2nd goal was totally against the run of play. But it killed the contest.

upgotheheads
26 minutes ago, benny said:

They were not there for the taking yesterday. They are still a team with much more experience, and players of better pedigree than ours, and a more experienced manager who has operated at a higher level than ours.  They knew that if they pressed us early and got a goal quickly we would struggle, and so it turned out. Like most teams in the league, they know we want to play careful and organised football from the start, so they get at us quickly, I'm sure SN will be working on that. For the rest of the game our immaturity showed, especially from Vargas, Oda, and Tait, they're young players and will earn from that. With the new arrivals who are noticeably more experienced we will improve, but Rangers weren't able to relax right to the end. 

23 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

I just wish would would stop giving the old firm an early goal. They always will come out flying and we seem to concede so quickly. Yes the two celtic games have been a nice change this season but even in games like last week v livvy, the dundee games, ross co we seem to take a while to get going. Oh for old times esp at home when we would come out flying on front foot and get an early goal.

It's good to see a sense of perspective for once. I watched the game in a pub full of huns and I can tell you they were a nervous bunch until the second goal went in.

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Ah **** it. I'm over it already.

Looking forward to the next game, the Euros, the transfer window and next season. 

This.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This is the part that worries me. I'm just not sure that is going to happen. The wage bill level feels as though it's towards the optimum level we can reach. As I watched that yesterday I thought about whether any of the 3 boys we've signed on PCA's would've made any difference to that game. Maybe Dhanda but I'm not sure. 

Yesterday highlighted the areas where we are really short of quality. Midfield is a big area of concern. As is RB. 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

See this rhetoric is exhausting. 

We did have a go. Theres no doubt about that.

We competed well but we lacked quality in the 3rd of the pitch that really mattered.  

Yeterday was nothing like 2022 for example, when we didn't have any sort of go and literally offered FA.

Yesterday we did well to a certain point. But turned off twice at the back and failed to capitalise on multiple dangerous attacks (most came in a 20 minute spell when the game was finely balanced) because of poor decision making and naivety;

1. Vargas nicks the ball off Souttar, on the right, gets in behind - fails to pick the right cut back - Forrest was totally unmarked for a tap in.

2. Mckay plays in Vargas in an overload situation, he dithers and chance is gone.

3. forrest nicks the ball 1st half, drives at them but should have slipped in shanks or shot much earlier. Chance wasted.

4. shanks header at the back post. Probably should score.

5. odas chance late on. He simply must score. Brilliant save. But has to score.

Their fans were subdued in the 2nd half. Because they knew we were on the ascendancy. The problem was we lacked the killer touch. Their 2nd goal was totally against the run of play. But it killed the contest.

That's far too positive & factual for this place.   We wur umbarrasing, begone.

Back to 2005

I’ve seen us play a lot worse in semis over the years and thought we matched them for most of the game. 
However it’s another defeat but unless we find someone putting £10m a season in to us then we are always going to lose more than we win to the gruesome twosome. 

MattyK82
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

That's far too positive & factual for this place.   We wur umbarrasing, begone.

IMG_3128.png.8bf2ac73d49d49ccf93c737c57694529.png

feedthefox
48 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

That header!!? We had a perfect view from Sect D in North Stand and I have no idea what he was trying to do. He had perfect sight of it, was moving towards it and was pretty much unmarked. I was expecting him to bullet it high but it was a very unconvincing attempt and didn't even get close all very unShanks like and summed his day up sadly.

A_A wehatethehibs

It wasn’t that bad performance was decent but defence let us down again, The next step in the progression of this team is to replace Kye Rowles and Nathaniel Atkinson with better defenders. 

Victor Meldrew
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It wasn’t that bad performance was decent but defence let us down again, The next step in the progression of this team is to replace Kye Rowles and Nathaniel Atkinson with better defenders. 

How is Lewis Neilson getting on at Partick? He always looked fairly impressive when he had a run of games.

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

We did have a go. Just had  some poor decision making and some bad luck.

its been a brilliant season , and of course I’d like to have won yesterday but I see progress and to get European group stage football for next season and the millions that goes with it is massive.

Some very good players pre signed for next season and more to come is very exciting.

I look at the shambles that is Hibs and Aberdeen and feel very happy

Wasnt baduckthat cost us 2 goals. It was about 5 players defneding like 12 year olds. At both goals.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Victor Meldrew said:

How is Lewis Neilson getting on at Partick? He always looked fairly impressive when he had a run of games.

He was doing well early season but not followed more recently. For us there was one of the European games where he looked like Maldini, be great to see him kick on. But if not then 2 more defensive signings of a Kent standard is the way for our team to take the next step IMO 

1 minute ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I went to Firhill on Saturday. He's playing centre mid, which was a bit odd. He didn't stand out especially but had a good assist for Thistle's second goal.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

However....

Most of that's fine

But with all the perspective in place, the elephant in the room is the 'the rangers problem'

It's getting bigger, even as their team gets worse

Nelly Terraces

Yesterday was a waste of my time & money, but hey, not really fussed & won't be repeating the trip back to Hampden to play either of the old firm anytime in the future, just got better things to do in my life. 

58 minutes ago, stotty said:

Creativity and final third decision making and your spot on Dhanda and Spittal both are signings to begin to address that issue. Its clear to me Naisy knows what is required so I think we will be better next year.

Romulus

In the last 25 years, we’ve only beat rangers and Celtic twice in semis or finals I believe (1998 and 2012). Not sure how many attempts off the top of my head.

I do think we have been unlucky with the way the draws have panned out in recent years and seem to almost always come up against one or both of them.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Wasnt baduckthat cost us 2 goals. It was about 5 players defneding like 12 year olds. At both goals.

The first goal I put primary culpability with Rowles powderpuff attempt to mop up the Kingsley interception - a proper Center half clears out ball and man there. But not Rowles. After that, the rest of them are just throwing bodies in trying to block. For me, Kingsley does the right thing intercepting it but Rowles is same as always, weak and indecisive at mopping things up. Sometimes as a cb you just need to leather it hard as you can and clear it. Rowles never seems to want to do that. 

The second goal, for me it’s basically 100% Taits fault. The defence is deep and vulnerable, looking to push up, he cannot try and skip past players with the risk of giving the ball away when we were deep like that. It was too high risk situation and it was the 1 thing we couldn’t afford for him to do. Lack of awareness of the situation. Punished unfortunately. Again, after that the rest of the defenders are just trying to throw desperate blocks in.