Why this one sucks more than normal. The season is over

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

The thread title says it all. Although there are 5 games left, there is now a feeling of apathy towards them because the joy of finishing 3rd has already dissipated. Yes, we haven't technically claimed 3rd yet but everyone knows Killie aren't pulling 11 points back on us. Also, we know the script for these 5 games as we've seen it all before. Lose the first two, beat Dundee, draw at Paisley and lose to Sevco U18s as the league will be over.

All very depressing even though this has been a really good season.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AC Mallin_51

Saturday is massive. As unlikely as it is we can’t give Kilmarnock any reason to believe they can claw it back. They have beat both sides of the OF so they’ll believe they can 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

Saturday is massive. As unlikely as it is we can’t give Kilmarnock any reason to believe they can claw it back. They have beat both sides of the OF so they’ll believe they can 

They'll beat us 2-0 or 2-1. It will mean nothing when it is all over.

Aye, just wish we had lost another couple of games so that we still had something to play for.

jamboozy

Yesterday it looked like the team already had its suitcases packed for their holidays. Due to the top six fixtures panning out the way they have, I’m going to miss our last two fixtures and after yesterday I couldn’t care less.

It will be interesting to see the crowd count for our two games at Tynecastle?

AC Mallin_51
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I get what you mean but we want to try and finish strong. Wrapping 3rd place up at Rugby Park would be brilliant. I’d very much rather the “season is over” because we’re so far infront and we have 4 potential dead rubber games than being 2 points ahead and in a proper fight for 3rd.

However I do get your overall point, yesterday was a chance to have a cup final to look forward to. Those 5 post split games would’ve been electric if so 

AlimOzturk

Have to finish 3rd place off and prepare for next season. Thats non nothing to play for. 

Some of the players have international squads to make. 

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have to finish 3rd place off and prepare for next season. Thats non nothing to play for. 

Some of the players have international squads to make. 

Exactly right.

We also have some young players that will get a good 60 minute run out.

Ron Burgundy

I'm just delighted Celtic beat Aberdeen on Saturday. That Rangers team would struggle against any team that are up for it and in their faces. Aberdeen would have had a better than even chance of beating them had they made the final.

The end of the season cannot come soon enough.

One five
17 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Aye, just wish we had lost another couple of games so that we still had something to play for.

Absolutely not ! 

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Will they ****! :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Reading the first few posts, after a day of calling a team who has succeeded everything but Rangers, shitebags, the fans themselves seem to be quitting.

:levein_interesting:

Luckily now we don’t have to worry about Aberdeen winning the Cup

Season ain’t over by a long way

We need to make sure we don’t give Killie any encouragement especially if Celtic win the League early

57 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

😁

Mister Dee

We made it to 2 semifinals this season, & look to be finishing third in the league.

-& we’re finally winning games away from home. 
Yesterday’s performance/result was pretty predictable but it’s been a successful season. 

Oh, and Hibs are still shite. 😁

Percival King

Each to their own but I'm not apathetic about the rest of the season. We have still to tie up 3rd, have a couple of home games in a great place to watch football, have a possible chance to scupper the chances of Celtic or The Rangers winning the title and have a chance to scupper St.Mirren or Dundee getting into Europe. 

HopeDiouf

Reason  its extra dissappointing for me is because rangers are a poor rangers and were there for the taking.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Deevers

The season not over until we mathematically secure second place.  That has to be drummed into the players. Getting a result this coming Saturday would secure that. Yesterday’s failure should be used as encouragement to get the job done properly. 

1971fozzy

Apathetic 🤣🤣🤣 the season isn’t over , maybe for you but not for me and I bet thousands more.

maybe take a break for a bit though if it’s depressing you that much 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If Killie beat us, and win at Ibrox the following week, things could get nervy. Unlikely, as Killie have been garbage away from home, but with this Rangers side you never know.

Either way it would be very helpful if we could get a point at Rugby Park. 

14 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

We made it to 2 semifinals this season, & look to be finishing third in the league.

-& we’re finally winning games away from home. 
Yesterday’s performance/result was pretty predictable but it’s been a successful season. 

Oh, and Hibs are still shite. 😁

"Successful season" is winning a trophy. I'd say we've had a good season, nothing more. 

Go for it 1308
32 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Reading the first few posts, after a day of calling a team who has succeeded everything but Rangers, shitebags, the fans themselves seem to be quitting.

:levein_interesting:

They bottled it yesterday...end of

jambogirlglasgow
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The season not over until we mathematically secure second place.  That has to be drummed into the players. Getting a result this coming Saturday would secure that. Yesterday’s failure should be used as encouragement to get the job done properly. 

Second place?. Not much point drumming that into the players. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Reason  its extra dissappointing for me is because rangers are a poor rangers and were there for the taking.

I think this is overplayed. They have had a run of bad form, but they aren't that bad a team. If we had played them a few weeks ago before the Celtic game, I think we would have felt different. At that point under Clement their domestic record was won 25, drawn 1, lost 2. 

Even now it is

Won 26, drawn 3, lost 3.

I've seen posts suggesting this is the worst Rangers team in 50 years and Aberdeen would be odds on to beat them if they had made the final. Those posts are way off the mark.

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

"Successful season" is winning a trophy. I'd say we've had a good season, nothing more. 

This! And it's time the' happy clappers ' realise this.  A successful season for Heart of Midlothian is winning  silverware 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

I think this is overplayed. They have had a run of bad form, but they aren't that bad a team. If we had played them a few weeks ago before the Celtic game, I think we would have felt different. At that point under Clement their domestic record was won 25, drawn 1, lost 2. 

Even now it is

Won 26, drawn 3, lost 3.

I've seen posts suggesting this is the worst Rangers team in 50 years and Aberdeen would be odds on to beat them if they had made the final. Those posts are way off the mark.

Defo not the worst. Equally they are not a good rangers team. They were there for the taking.  Both goals we lost absolitely horrific. If we defend properly, we dont lose either of those goals.

Plenty still to play for. There's only 3 or 4 players we 100% would struggle to replace next year with similar quality so I'd expect the players giving it their all to still be here next season. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

This! And it's time the' happy clappers ' realise this.  A successful season for Heart of Midlothian is winning  silverware 

You realise we’ve won 3 trophies  in c 70 years.  There is your fantasy and then there is reality.

thats not to say we shouldn’t want silverware, but demand it, act like a mouth breathing moron when it’s not achieved.  Get in the bin.

This has been a good season, one of our best for a long long time, we’ve been to more semi’s and finals in the last 5 years than we’ve ever managed.  Keep building on what we are doing and we will get there . 

in the mean time, folk need to dry their knickers 

Edited by kingantti1874

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, cazzyy said:

IMG_5170.gif.6adb27eaccd7778fd8979c0c90fe002d.gif

heartmussel
1 hour ago, cazzyy said:

Well said 👏. Disappointed after yesterday, but I’m sure Naismith had his mind made up yesterday on one ore two players future at the club . Roll on next Saturday.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, cazzyy said:

🤣

Yip, op is basically complaining that the season has been that good that it's now shite because we're not locked in a close battle for 3rd or in some kind of battle for relegation!

As for Rangers being the poorest ever, they are 2nd, won the lc, in the sc final and lost to benifica by one goal in the last 16 of the Europa.

They could actually win the treble.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Even now it is

Won 26, drawn 3, lost 3.

You seen posts suggesting Aberdeen would be odds on to beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup final? Where can I read posts? There's absolutely no chance any team would be favourites against the Old Firm, be it league or cup. 

Jocam2325
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

So by your rationale we've had about 3 successful seasons in 60 odd years??? 

I have to disagree strongly. 

This season is a great platform for next. Its all about what we do to improve the squad. To try and start breaching the chasm between us and the Old Firm

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Disagree, we've had more than 3 successful seasons in 55 + years.

The OF will win most trophies.

1 minute ago, Jocam2325 said:

So by your rationale we've had about 3 successful seasons in 60 odd years??? 

I have to disagree strongly. 

This season is a great platform for next. Its all about what we do to improve the squad. To try and start breaching the chasm between us and the Old Firm

Yes. I associate the word success with winning. We've had a decent season and finished where we probably should finish. 

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

You seen posts suggesting Aberdeen would be odds on to beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup final? Where can I read posts? There's absolutely no chance any team would be favourites against the Old Firm, be it league or cup. 

I'm not about to wade back through all the hysteria to find it. But a poster said that the quote was better than evens to win. I think it was probably the poster's view of the odds they would give Aberdeen rather than what they thought the bookies odds would be.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The thread title says it all. Although there are 5 games left, there is now a feeling of apathy towards them because the joy of finishing 3rd has already dissipated. Yes, we haven't technically claimed 3rd yet but everyone knows Killie aren't pulling 11 points back on us. Also, we know the script for these 5 games as we've seen it all before. Lose the first two, beat Dundee, draw at Paisley and lose to Sevco U18s as the league will be over.

All very depressing even though this has been a really good season.

It certainly isn't over, Saurdays game is massive.

Sierra Delta

I get the point, but the reason the "season is over" is because of our performance in pretty much wrapping up 3rd place by the time split has come around. That should be seen as a huge positive rather than a negative. 

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm not about to wade back through all the hysteria to find it. But a poster said that the quote was better than evens to win. I think it was probably the poster's view of the odds they would give Aberdeen rather than what they thought the bookies odds would be.

Laughable. Aberdeen are utter mince.

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Indeed.

CaptainShanks
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We are on course for our highest points total since 05/06, have the most away wins in over 30 years, won at Parkhead for the first time since 2009, won all the games we were expected to win in the cups, and have a striker who is on course to be the top scorer in the league and hit over 30 goals. 

It has been a lot better than good.

kingantti1874

hopefully the club don’t regard the season as over.  We should be aiming for 70 points + and continue building momentum , giving opportunities to young players and to hone in on our squad for next season.  

Deevers
16 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Second place?. Not much point drumming that into the players. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Should be third. My bad.

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Agree. Equally they gave celtic a much better game than we gave rangers.

jambogirlglasgow
5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Should be third. My bad.

I know; couldn’t resist being smart. My bad! 

6 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agree. Equally they gave celtic a much better game than we gave rangers.

And that was very much a one-off. Celtic normally hammer them.

8 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

We are on course for our highest points total since 05/06, have the most away wins in over 30 years, won at Parkhead for the first time since 2009, won all the games we were expected to win in the cups, and have a striker who is on course to be the top scorer in the league and hit over 30 goals. 

It has been a lot better than good.

Agree to disagree. Nobody will remember the things you've mentioned in a few years time. But a trophy win, the memories last forever. It's been a decent season, nothing more.

1971fozzy
26 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

what a load of rubbish. 

Jamhammer

Looking forward to next season already

the rumoured pre season signings will improve us. The Shankland situation will be sorted maybe

Im optimistic