Positives

comradejambo

saxondale

We created plenty of attacking openings today, we just did absolutely nothing with it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• 5jambo1

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

This thread is by far the best positive today by a fairly long way.

😆😆😆😆

at least you were fuelled up today, tbh i could have gone on the peev after that  today. 

Cranston
22 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I'm at a loss as to why we had difficulty selling tickets. 

Rangers. At Hampden. Again. And again not a glove laid. Limp. 

👍

I put a hundred quid on Hearts to win today, having been playing well, scoring goals, and the opposite said about rangers. Should have known better, but its the hope that kills you. Never laid a glove on a completely mis firing Rangers. Might get my money back tonight on the golf though. Will let you know.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Positives are there is no excuse now for players saving energy for a cup final and they owe the fans some exciting league displays until the last game. Having said that I still expect a defeat upcoming at Rugby Park ☹️

MattyK82
2 minutes ago, saxondale said:

We created plenty of attacking openings today, we just did absolutely nothing with it.

Yep.

At least 4 or 5 very good openings in a 20 minute period at 1-0 but poor decision making and naievety cost us.  Felt an equaliser was coming. 2nd goal killed it.

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

at least you were fuelled up today, tbh i could have gone on the peev after that  today. 

Not fuelled up at all Goat.

Sitting quaffing a decent drop in the Skyline currently though, id invite you but your Mrs warned me off  😜

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

👍

I put a hundred quid on Hearts to win today, having been playing well, scoring goals, and the opposite said about rangers. Should have known better, but its the hope that kills you. Never laid a glove on a completely mis firing Rangers. Might get my money back tonight on the golf though. Will let you know.

Tbh, we haven't been playing that well.

Wins v St mirren,  livi, draw with hibs and killie,  defeat of Ross county.

Folk going on about this poor rangers side losing to Ross county seem to have forget they also beat us recently. 

I didn't take a single positive from today. For me Cochrane should have started, one of our most consistent players all season. Beni for me can leave any time he wants, slows play and gets caught in possession. Devlin breaks up play but creates nothing. Grant was anonymous. The defence was all over the place. Vargas like a headless chicken. The big pitch showed up Shankland's lack of pace. Hopefully Dhanda will improve the midfield but still need a decent right back. 

Cranston
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh, we haven't been playing that well.

Wins v St mirren,  livi, draw with hibs and killie,  defeat of Ross county.

Folk going on about this poor rangers side losing to Ross county seem to have forget they also beat us recently. 

Much better form going into the game today than Rangers though. They were poor again today, but tactics, and individuals let us down big time. 

Gorgierools

Positive? Ok, yep, we definitely, positively bottled a chance to do one over a crap Rangers team.

5jambo1

I get and understand all the negativity, more out of frustration I think. Hopefully tomorrow some fans realise that we have no right to turn up at Hampden and beat rangers, a team with probably 50 times our wage budget, and realistically are man for man better than us all over the park. 

Yes I understand the ‘never laid a glove’ thoughts and also the ‘let the fans down’ comments. BUT I would say that, that’s the most even game I have seen us play against one of the Glasgow teams at Hampden. I felt we were well in the game until their second and I wouldn’t say Gordon had a great deal to do at all. Both goals were avoidable and came from mistakes and that’s the difference. We have the core of a good group of players, sign another proper spine to the team and add some attacking quality we won’t be miles away.

was a sore one as I do feel it was as good an opportunity as we will get, in the semi of a cup against one of them. Yes I think we should have had another man in the middle of the park, and yes we should have been better in the final third, both these things combined, we win the game.

Frustrating, but standing back and reflecting, it’s been an amazing season and as a club we are heading in the right direction. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Much better form going into the game today than Rangers though. They were poor again today, but tactics, and individuals let us down big time. 

Nothing suggesting we'd have an easy game tho, a defeat, for me anyway- although disappointing, was hardly surprising.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No positives. We didn’t lay a glove on them, again. 

Is the honest answer no matter how unpopular. 

Our midfield is nowhere near the level required. 

south morocco
Just now, Carter said:

Is the honest answer no matter how unpopular. 

Our midfield is nowhere near the level required. 

Yip. 

Buster HMFC
50 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We played well for large parts and controlled  parts of the game.

We pressed well at times, won the ball high up and had several good opportunities. 

Devlin grew into the game and Beni was very good.

We also recovered well from a really poor goal,  really early. In the past I've seen that early goal turn in 2/3/4 goals quickly IN Glasgow, that was never going to happen today.

Ofc, that doesn't offset the actually loss of the shitty early goal.

Decision making in the final 3rd was poor today,  I'll welcome Dhanda and hopefully another midfielder in the summer.

No we never pressed

Gorgierools
Just now, south morocco said:

Yip. 

And Killie will exploit that next week 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Buster HMFC said:

No we never pressed

We did,  I seen it.

On at least 3 occasions we won the ball and got in good positions, just to **** it up.

Cranston
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing suggesting we'd have an easy game tho, a defeat, for me anyway- although disappointing, was hardly surprising.

Agree it wouldn't be an easy game Bazza, but I was surprised, or I wouldn't have put a hundred quid on a Hearts win. I genuinely thought Rangers were there for the taking today.

Buster HMFC
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We did,  I seen it.

On at least 3 occasions we won the ball and got in good positions, just to **** it up.

On at least 3 occasions. Aye nae bother pal. Am so happy you seen too ya hobo 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I get and understand all the negativity, more out of frustration I think. Hopefully tomorrow some fans realise that we have no right to turn up at Hampden and beat rangers, a team with probably 50 times our wage budget, and realistically are man for man better than us all over the park. 

Yes I understand the ‘never laid a glove’ thoughts and also the ‘let the fans down’ comments. BUT I would say that, that’s the most even game I have seen us play against one of the Glasgow teams at Hampden. I felt we were well in the game until their second and I wouldn’t say Gordon had a great deal to do at all. Both goals were avoidable and came from mistakes and that’s the difference. We have the core of a good group of players, sign another proper spine to the team and add some attacking quality we won’t be miles away.

was a sore one as I do feel it was as good an opportunity as we will get, in the semi of a cup against one of them. Yes I think we should have had another man in the middle of the park, and yes we should have been better in the final third, both these things combined, we win the game.

Frustrating, but standing back and reflecting, it’s been an amazing season and as a club we are heading in the right direction. 

Agreed, (50 times is a bit ott tho)

Cranston
40 minutes ago, Cranston said:

👍

Looks very likely that I got my money back. Put a score on Billy Horschel at 13/2 to win the Corales, currently 1/100 3 shots clear with few holes to play. Delighted to get money back and a tidy wee profit. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

On at least 3 occasions. Aye nae bother pal. Am so happy you seen too ya hobo 

You need to crack one out, so much anger.

5jambo1
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, (50 times is a bit ott tho)

do not have a clue what it will actually be but yeah, we will say much higher than ours anyway!

Buster HMFC
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You need to crack one out, so much anger.

Nope. Crack and wallyford go hand in hand

Reading JKB tonight you’d be forgiven for thinking Rangers stuck 5 past us and Craig Gordon kept it below 10. 

We matched them for large parts of the game, but we missed a crucial chance at 1-0 and for some reason the likes of Vargas thought walking the ball into the net was the best idea as opposed to having a shot.

The 2nd goal in the game was going to be decisive and unfortunately a mistake in the middle of the park cost us. Had we got it I think we’d have pushed on for the win.

The Rangers end was getting very edgy during the 2nd half they sensed a Hearts equaliser, their celebration at the 2nd was one of sheer relief.

Naismith is building something good at the club and we should trust him to get it right, he’s not done much wrong so far. We just need a few more bits of quality around the team and we might see us winning more of these games.

Philfigo

I thought we played some good stuff and created alot of chances that we should have been taking. For me today was a vast improvement on the last two games at Hampden V Rangers, cup final 2022 done nothing apart from the Simms chance in first 5 mins. Then last years league cup semi was a disaster. Today we competed and created good openings. Naismtih needs to get to the bottom of our slow starts not just today but all season we have been really poor in the 1st 20 mins of games. Next time we will do it as we are getting closer

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No positives. We didn’t lay a glove on them, again. 

This for me. There are no positives from rocking up at Hampden against them again and offering little to nothing again. Especially when we have just seen Dundee and Ross County get good results against them. 

Are we really taking "positives" from getting in to some attacking areas in a football match? **** me, it's not the Real Madrid galacticos against some amateur club.

No positives from that. Rangers were there for the taking today and we failed miserably. God knows when we’ll have an opportunity like that again. Pathetic. 

jambopilms

Slack at the back and and in the final third. Shouldn't be a surprise that's what our problems have been all season.

Nobody beats Celtic or Rangers in a final so saves us the inevitable beating in May.

Dsjambo

None.

I get what others are saying about finishing 3rd etc which is great but this is another no show in a big one-off game trying to get to a final. Last time we played this very average gers team, we were two down in 10 mins. This time we conceded inside 5 mins while making Dessers look like a superstar rather than the dumpling he is. There’s ways to lose games, like the sheep yesterday for example, when the team gives everything but falls short. This is not what happened today.

Bairnjambo
51 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

This 100%

Gundermann
2 hours ago, Australis said:

The zombies looked like they had more players on the park.

And their players at least looked interested and up for it.

Couldn't believe the space and time they constantly got.

Cntwell had acres of space for most of the game. Was glaringly obvious and yet wasn't addressed.

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We did,  I seen it.

Watch the game back. The time and space we afforded to John Lundstram all game was unbelievable. If you think that's a press I don't know what to say. 

To come out and allow the same to unfold in the second half is a difficult one for Naismith to square off, especially as he said we've learned lessons from previous Rangers performances! 

We're an absolute disgrace against der Hun. It's undoubtedly a head thing as much as anything. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, 5jambo1 said:

This is where I am. I am seriously annoyed at losing today, moreso than usual against the OF, because Rangers were absolute shit today and we were fully in the game.

But by the same token, I have no idea what's going on in the heads of the "no positives" crowd. We were very good in midfield for most of the game, found spaces down the wing, and created some really nice attacking chances. Rangers were largely toothless, chasing after hopeful punts and losing the ball on silly passes in the midfield. The defence played well except for two howling errors that cost us the game.

Shankland is off the boil unfortunately and the fallback was a 22 year old striker who still runs hot and cold. That for me is the takeaway at the moment—you can't expect to have a striker have a bad day (and all strikers, bar none, have bad days) and let it all fall on your project striker. It's the same problem we had last fall when nobody but Shankland scored for like two months for us. (But again, those saying "Vargas can **** off" hopefully are just letting off steam and don't actually mean it, because again, 22 year old. Bad day against Rangers. Try not to be shocked.)

We gave up two shit goals and didn't have on our shooting boots. Which is just maddening and frustrating as hell but we absolutely went toe-to-toe with that mob and never looked overrun.

2 positives.

Got bus straight away up to Rutherglen. 

Back in town at 6.

Horrible otherwise

5jambo1
3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

This is where I am. I am seriously annoyed at losing today, moreso than usual against the OF, because Rangers were absolute shit today and we were fully in the game.

But by the same token, I have no idea what's going on in the heads of the "no positives" crowd. We were very good in midfield for most of the game, found spaces down the wing, and created some really nice attacking chances. Rangers were largely toothless, chasing after hopeful punts and losing the ball on silly passes in the midfield. The defence played well except for two howling errors that cost us the game.

Shankland is off the boil unfortunately and the fallback was a 22 year old striker who still runs hot and cold. That for me is the takeaway at the moment—you can't expect to have a striker have a bad day (and all strikers, bar none, have bad days) and let it all fall on your project striker. It's the same problem we had last fall when nobody but Shankland scored for like two months for us. (But again, those saying "Vargas can **** off" hopefully are just letting off steam and don't actually mean it, because again, 22 year old. Bad day against Rangers. Try not to be shocked.)

We gave up two shit goals and didn't have on our shooting boots. Which is just maddening and frustrating as hell but we absolutely went toe-to-toe with that mob and never looked overrun.

yeah agree. I think that’s where the frustration is coming from… the fact they have been on a poor run, some fans just think if we turn up we win. Not taking into account, the reaction from the rangers players from recent results, how they will want ‘to turn up as well’, and also the fact that they are better football players man for man. 

I thought Beni and Devlin did very well considering they were against 3. 

on another day we don’t lose three 50/50s, and lose a goal in the opening 5 mins. The way I am trying to look at it, it was a very even game for 70 mins and it was just a lack of quality which was the difference in the end, and possibly luck. 

I think it’s an opportunity lost in terms of, we could have won if certain situations went our way ie winning tackles, getting the breaks, making better decisions etc. the negativity and reaction from a number of fans is way over the top IMO 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 5jambo1 said:

50 times our wage budget? Get a grip ffs. About 4 or 5, like ours over Livingston or St Johnstone. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

yeah agree. I think that’s where the frustration is coming from… the fact they have been on a poor run, some fans just think if we turn up we win. Not taking into account, the reaction from the rangers players from recent results, how they will want ‘to turn up as well’, and also the fact that they are better football players man for man. 

I thought Beni and Devlin did very well considering they were against 3. 

on another day we don’t lose three 50/50s, and lose a goal in the opening 5 mins. The way I am trying to look at it, it was a very even game for 70 mins and it was just a lack of quality which was the difference in the end, and possibly luck. 

I think it’s an opportunity lost in terms of, we could have won if certain situations went our way ie winning tackles, getting the breaks, making better decisions etc. the negativity and reaction from a number of fans is way over the top IMO 

How were they against 3? Grant was allegedly in midfield too.

chrystaf
1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Agree it wouldn't be an easy game Bazza, but I was surprised, or I wouldn't have put a hundred quid on a Hearts win. I genuinely thought Rangers were there for the taking today.

They were but we bottled it.

chrystaf
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

How were they against 3? Grant was allegedly in midfield too.

Allegedly yes but he was completely anonymous.  Beni and Cammy got absolutely no support or back up

Watt-Zeefuik
23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Watch the game back. The time and space we afforded to John Lundstram all game was unbelievable. If you think that's a press I don't know what to say. 

To come out and allow the same to unfold in the second half is a difficult one for Naismith to square off, especially as he said we've learned lessons from previous Rangers performances! 

We're an absolute disgrace against der Hun. It's undoubtedly a head thing as much as anything. 

We gave Cantwell and Lundstrom space and they did **** all with it most of the game. Not sure if that was the intent but Rangers only had 5 shots on target. 

Big Hearts and the fans stumping up a magnificent amount of donations to give other fans and service users the chance to have a day out at Hampden.

Despite the result/performance I hope they enjoyed their day.

Pasquale for King
Just now, chrystaf said:

Allegedly yes but he was completely anonymous.  Beni and Cammy got absolutely no support or back up

Yeah but they only had two to deal with and Cantwell was free far too much. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Chaps said:

Big Hearts and the fans stumping up a magnificent amount of donations to give other fans and service users the chance to have a day out at Hampden.

Absolutely, at least we stood up to be counted today, let down badly by the management and the team. 

chrystaf
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but they only had two to deal with and Cantwell was free far too much. 

Okay, agree.   Has man marking gone out of favour or am I just too old!

5jambo1
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

50 times our wage budget? Get a grip ffs. About 4 or 5, like ours over Livingston or St Johnstone. 

yeah I admitted a exaggerated a bit… 

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

£20 for a proxy to watch that.  Money well spent.  

Pasquale for King
Just now, chrystaf said:

Okay, agree.   Has man marking gone out of favour or am I just too old!

Who knows, 3 against 3, pick up your man, not difficult really. We made Cantwell and Lundstrum look like world beaters today, when Ross County and Dundee showed they’re anything but. Positives 🤬🤦🏽..