Positives

comradejambo

comradejambo

Disappointed about today as everyone. However Naismith summed it up fairly reasonably! Between the poor goals we conceded we competed today, unlike November. We made some poor decisions in the final third. However, many of these are young players. They will improve and hopefully make better decisions in the future! A learning experience and sadly we were on the wrong end again.

However, barring a series of unlikely results, we will get the prize for third which is what we set out to do at the start of the year! Players of promise already coming in (someone like Dhanda could have made a difference today) and others will strengthen us!

Plenty to be optimistic about and to look forward to!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• 5jambo1

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Disappointed about today as everyone. However Naismith summed it up fairly reasonably! Between the poor goals we conceded we competed today, unlike November. We made some poor decisions in the final third. However, many of these are young players. They will improve and hopefully make better decisions in the future! A learning experience and sadly we were on the wrong end again.

However, barring a series of unlikely results, we will get the prize for third which is what we set out to do at the start of the year! Players of promise already coming in (someone like Dhanda could have made a difference today) and others will strengthen us!

I agree, we have had a very good season and are improving.

The biggest positive for me is that its crystal clear neither Forrest or Vargas can be trusted to deliver in big games. We know now we need a big improvement in our wide areas, and I hope we'll see Barrie, Oda & Tagawa start to stake their claims. 

I know it seems like I'm just turning it into a negative but its genuinely not. Being shown up on where our deficiencies lie is important as it allows us to work on them and recruit accordingly. 

Dhanda replaces Grant, McKay retakes his place in the starting 11, Spittal & Oda can fight it out for RW and hopefully Vargas can continue to improve in games against bottom 6 sides. 

I'm pissed off at Vargas, but factually he is still young and can improve. But he cannot do that learning in a cup semi final. Manager needs to be given sufficient depth so that he doesn't have to put a player who clearly isn't ready for that stage out there to let the fans down on. 

Forrest, I would be trying to use him as a make weight to get either Armstrong or McCowan in. His literal only redeeming quality is he works hard. We can get that from a youngster. We need more. 

RustyRightPeg

No positives. We didn’t lay a glove on them, again. 

ROCK LOBSTER
6 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Spot on need an enforcer in midfield 

maltese jambo
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Spot on. His interview was actually awful. Banging on about the 'Bigger picture'...the fact is we are woeful as soon as Rangers come to town.

1 minute ago, ROCK LOBSTER said:

Spot on need an enforcer in midfield 

Given it is Beni & Devlins job to win the ball back, thats a worrying indictment. - Although I agree, they were never present when Rangers came forward. Constantly caught out of position. If Beni is going to offer nothing in an attacking sense, he needs to be everywhere defensively. 

Only positive is that we don't need to go back to play celtic and get pumped.

August Landmesser

Trust the process?

I think this squad (with some alterations) and manager can achieve great things. Today was a sickener, but we should learn

Australis
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The zombies looked like they had more players on the park.

And their players at least looked interested and up for it.

Couldn't believe the space and time they constantly got.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Given it is Beni & Devlins job to win the ball back, thats a worrying indictment. - Although I agree, they were never present when Rangers came forward. Constantly caught out of position. If Beni is going to offer nothing in an attacking sense, he needs to be everywhere defensively. 

He has no energy, flat footed most of the time and can’t **** off quick enough for me. Devlin at least brings energy and challenges players. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Trust the process?

I think this squad (with some alterations) and manager can achieve great things. Today was a sickener, but we should learn

We never learn when we lose against Rangers though.   We just play them again and lose again. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Did he explain why we can turn up against Celtic and not rangers 

Thats the question really. Does he know? 

steveo654

Why are we talking about mckay for next season? He is a chicken hearted heep of shite, he was brutal when he came on. Need players who want to be here, everyone slates guys like cammy but he showed more heart and desire than barrie the ghost mckay.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

The zombies looked like they had more players on the park.

And their players at least looked interested and up for it.

Couldn't believe the space and time they constantly got.

Don’t agree.  Rangers didn’t look up for it at all today, definitely there for the taking.  But they didn’t have to do anything to win. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Greedy Jambo

We've just passed up the biggest chance to beat Rangers in a semi final ever, they don't have a single star in their team, Ross County beat them, and they couldn't beat Dundee ffs. 

There is no positives. 

jamboinglasgow

One positive at the end I noticed was Tait looked very down at the final whistle, he had about three teammates with their arms around him. Its how I want to see a squad that look out for each other, particularly a youngster who has made a mistake which cost a goal.

hearts00

N’ah no positives for me today. 

It’s a very good season but it is a cup semi final, we didn’t get the result and the performance wasn’t good enough. 

hearts00
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We've just passed up the biggest chance to beat Rangers in a semi final ever, they don't have a single star in their team, Ross County beat them, and they couldn't beat Dundee ffs. 

There is no positives. 

Correct. 

jambo1975

Not heard what he had to say and honestly not interested. Genuinely sick of our performances in these games. That's a poor Rangers side and we barely laid a glove on them. 

Mikey1874

We've overachieved this season. Today showed that. Naismith recently mentioned the wins at Motherwell. Kilmarnock and the Dundee wins. But these are games we could also have lost putting us alongside Kilmarnock. 

So there's a lot to improve. Vargas could have won us the game today so whether he improves or not is one thing. Spittal, Dhanda also remain to be seen. And assuming Shankland will be away and Boyce could be finished we need good replacement forwards. 

Plus Europe to deal with.

Naismith is talking a good game but the next stage is crucial. 

Boris5115

No positives today. Another toothless performance against a average Sevco team who couldn't beat Ross County and Dundee. 

neilnunb

Positives? Nah. Biggest game of the season but yet another slow start from us. Why?  

That Rangers team was there to be beaten today but we've gifted it to them.

Cranston
4 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Not heard what he had to say and honestly not interested. Genuinely sick of our performances in these games. That's a poor Rangers side and we barely laid a glove on them. 

Didn't lay a glove on them, more to the point. Rangers could have won by a lot more than they did. Cantwell was given the freedom of Hampden. It was a shocker of a performance, from tactics to individual performances, a real let down. No pass marks from me, not one.

Opinionated Jambo

Ok, first things first. Yes, we have had a unbelievable season giving the fact it’s Naismith’s first full season in charge and we have finished 3rd (job is as good as done) and got to two semi-finals. At the start of the season the majority of us would’ve bit the hand of someone for that. It’s a successful season overall in my opinion.

However, today for example was totally unacceptable. We didn’t really lay a glove on Rangers at all. This was the best time to actually have a go at a fairly vulnerable Rangers team today, the pressure was really on them giving their last two results. Defensively both Rangers and Celtic are horrific. As we have seen in recent weeks, if your brave and get at them they don’t like at and don’t cope very well. Today we didn’t do that at all and that was very disappointing - baring in mind we are the third best team in the league. 

We didn’t go for it today and we paid the price.

Buster HMFC

Positives. Naismith will route out the players that shouldn't be near our squad 

Djnoisy

Cammy was the only one who got at rangers today. 

Beni had way to much to do on his own as Grant went back in time to 6 months ago and hid the whole time he was on the pitch. 

The positives will be when Grant, McKay and Nattie are gone from the team. 

The rest are young enough to learn and I have high hopes for Oda. Like the Ross County Game, he made a difference when he came on. The less said about Shanks the better.  

Sarah O

I'm at a loss as to why we had difficulty selling tickets. 

Rangers. At Hampden. Again. And again not a glove laid. Limp. 

Bazzas right boot

We played well for large parts and controlled  parts of the game.

We pressed well at times, won the ball high up and had several good opportunities. 

Devlin grew into the game and Beni was very good.

We also recovered well from a really poor goal,  really early. In the past I've seen that early goal turn in 2/3/4 goals quickly IN Glasgow, that was never going to happen today.

Ofc, that doesn't offset the actually loss of the shitty early goal.

Decision making in the final 3rd was poor today,  I'll welcome Dhanda and hopefully another midfielder in the summer.

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We pressed well at times, won the ball high up and had several good opportunities. 

We also recovered well from a really poor goal,  really early. In the past I've seen that early goal turn in 2/3/4 goals quickly IN Glasgow, that was never going to happen today.

Decision making in the final 3rd was poor today,  I'll welcome Dhanda and hopefully another midfielder in the summer.

We were shite today mate. No excuses 

vegas-voss

Take a step back and look forward.Rookie manager and we have reached two cup semi finals and will finish third in the league.Its not bad really although of course it doesn't feel it just now.Still a lot to improve on though and hopefully we will.

I did think we were shite today though.

Edited by vegas-voss

Bazzas right boot
Just now, south morocco said:

We were shite today mate. No excuses 

None of the words  I posted are excuses.

HopeDiouf

Fans were the only positive today for me. Team poor v rangers at Hampden for 2nd time this season.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

No positives today from me. 

Why post on a thread called " positives" then?

:phface:

south morocco
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

None of the words  I posted are excuses.

Do one

daveyhmfc
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Spot on. Far too many drama queens in the Hearts Support.  Steven Naismith's first season as manager and he has comfortably in third and we have reached two semi-finals. Be careful what you wish for, would be my message to fellow Hearts supporter who are throwing their toys out of the pram after today. 

GinRummy
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

Fans were the only positive today for me. Team poor v rangers at Hampden for 2nd time this season.

Soft goals and wasteful at the other end. I’m positive that’s what I watched. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Do one

That makes even less sense than your previous reply.

Wtf you on about?

south morocco
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why post on a thread called " positives" then?

:phface:

What a cock you are. ****… off

NaturalOrder74

Has to be said bani had a shocker as well, expect better from him in a game like this. 

Honestly after watching a piss poor Aberdeen team give Celtic such a good game expected better from the hearts team disappointing climax to an otherwise brilliant season 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, south morocco said:

What a cock you are. ****… off

Nah, I'm in a "positive " thread posting positive comments, you need to stay on topic or take your shitty attitude to another thread,  it's not a positive vibe you're giving of.

Harry Potter
39 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

As for the final third we were hopeless, im still not in any mood for positives, to start the game like we did was not acceptable, not for the 1st time to have a nightmare start .

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Spot on. Far too many drama queens in the Hearts Support.  Steven Naismith's first season as manager and he has comfortably in third and we have reached two semi-finals. Be careful what you wish for, would be my message to fellow Hearts supporter who are throwing their toys out of the pram after today. 

Agreed.

Tbh, jkb after a defeat is car crash,  should really be avoided.

Mikey1874

Giving Lunstrum the freedom of Hampden with no Hearts player within 20 yards of him all game (someone did press him near the end) didn't really cost us too much. 

Bull's-eye

This thread is by far the best positive today by a fairly long way.

😆😆😆😆

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed.

Tbh, jkb after a defeat is car crash,  should really be avoided.

well dont come on lol , lets be honest we were bad today,