Tagawa

Greedy Jambo

gorgierulesapply88

I liked the idea of 4 3 3 yesterday, it'd have been better if Forrest didn't start in it however.

Beni & Devlin worked tirelessly, Grant too. Devlin being booked killed him and us imo.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

• Greedy Jambo

• Korky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Hiding from the ball is the exact opposite of what he does. He makes all the right runs, constantly, but our midfield has absolutely shit all creativity and either don't make the pass or screw it up on the vast majority of occasions. If he's still here next season then I'm hopeful that between Dhanda, Spittal and fully up to speed McKay that might improve. 

At any level you do what you can to get involved in the game. Vargas, for all his youthful limitations, did that almost from day one - and he’s also arrived from a different football culture.

The myth that Tagawa is a victim of his teammates and/or coaches inadequacy is just that - a myth!

Armageddon

There was definetly anticipation in the air when he came on, I do think he will come good, just needs a goal and he's off and running.

upgotheheads
20 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I'd like to see him start in the last 5 matches and give him a real run of time to prove what he can do.

Me too.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Locky said:

Naismith talked in January about how players like him, need the benefit of the doubt and patience to come good. The fact he's in the squad much, but not played a lot is all part of a master plan I think from Naismith. I've heard from someone who's close to a first team player that Tagawa is brilliant in training. I've always thought he can come good. I think Naismith does see a player there, but for one reason or another is just not wanting to throw him to the dogs.

It's his first experience of football in this country, and he was signed imminently before the season started so didn't get pre-season. I think we'll see a lot more of Tagawa next season, and I believe he'll reward us.

Hope so 🤞

jr ewing
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

There was definetly anticipation in the air when he came on, I do think he will come good, just needs a goal and he's off and running.

Showed nothing so far. Could be a long wait. 

Greedy Jambo

Tagawa has scored a goal, and had plenty of chances to show us what he can do. 

Vargas and Oda have both shown more than him, and they signed in the same window. 

Vargas has traveled across the world on his own from Costa Rica and has been far better. 

I hope really hope that Tagawa comes good, but i don't see where this blind optimism comes from. 

He looks utter humpty to me. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Vargas and Oda have both shown more than him, and they signed in the same window. 

Vargas has traveled across the world on his own from Costa Rica and has been far better. 

I hope really hope that Tagawa comes good, but i don't see where this blind optimism comes from. 

Oda signed in January 23. With every post you show you know not what you speak of. So nothing you post should be taken seriously.

Greedy Jambo
35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oda signed in January 23. With every post you show you know not what you speak of. So nothing you post should be taken seriously.

Mon the stats eh. 

What's your excuse about Vargas settling better on his own then? 

I don't suppose it matters.

Rampant
22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mon the stats eh. 

What's your excuse about Vargas settling better on his own then? 

I don't suppose it matters.

Vargas is a different person to Tagawa. 

You're the one setting the exact same expectation of two very different players and people who arrived under quite different circumstances.  But then arriving 6 months earlier than another player apparently shouldn't even make a difference.  It's not on anyone to give you the "excuse" for why one person might react differently to something than another...

If third is wrapped up on Saturday it would be good to see him start the next 4 games and give the lad a sequence of games to show what he can do. It's been far too intermittent in terms of his game time so far. 

He needs to be given more time on the pitch.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He hasn’t played as much as those two, Oda came last January btw, we don’t really play the passes in behind that all 3 would thrive on. 
Folk said the same about Grant, now people love him. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

If third is wrapped up on Saturday it would be good to see him start the next 4 games and give the lad a sequence of games to show what he can do. It's been far too intermittent in terms of his game time so far. 

I fear we might not like what we see! 

I think we just give him the pre season and hope he comes good next season! Right now if he’s Shanks replacement we’re in bother!

gregzy2k7

I would really like to see him get 2 or 3 starts in a row towards the end of the season,

Providing 3rd is done and dusted (hopefully mathematically clinched this weekend)

I just want to see if he has anything to offer or not, hasn't really had a fair chance to show it, Naismith should use the end of the season to give guys on the fringes a run of games to see if they are worth keeping.

BangkokHearts
On 22/04/2024 at 02:52, SomethingAboutObua said:

You should have started watching Hearts before last season mate. Just a few years ago when we were signing players like Pereria, Sowah, Oshiniwa, Langer, Grzlak, Swanson, Tziolis, Struna, Avlonitis, Shaughnessy, Kurskis, McCallum, Vanacek, Beslija etc 

*shudder*

Americana
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

He needs to be given more time on the pitch.

Hes had plenty of chances to show even a little potential and has offered up nothing, no point in continually thinking he might come good. Oda was exactly the same, but has now shown some glimmers of hope albeit I don`t think to the standard we are after. 

Peakybunnet
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He hasn’t played as much as those two, Oda came last January btw, we don’t really play the passes in behind that all 3 would thrive on. 
Folk said the same about Grant, now people love him. 

Eh not me. Was missing on Sunday. Don’t think he will play much once Nieuwenhof is back and our new signings are here. 

Robbo-Jambo
On 21/04/2024 at 20:33, Greedy Jambo said:

Tagawa

Atkinson

Deviln

Haring

Sibbick

Fraser

Grant

McKay

Boyce

Forrest

if we're being real. 

Not far wrong there.

Maybe give McKay one more season.

Benni going wouldn't bother me either.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Robbo-Jambo
16 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Anticipation in the air.

Really? Never noticed that.

soonbe110
9 hours ago, Carter said:

Won’t happen though.  Managers don’t do things like that.  If, and a big if, he was to get four starts and actually perform well with 2/3 goals Naismith would get crucified on here for not giving him a chance earlier. I’d expect he will get more minutes off the bench than he has been getting and maybe a start if Naismith allows Shankland time off to avoid injury before the Euros. 

jbee647
9 hours ago, Carter said:

If he (Tagawa) starts at Rugby Park, he will be hauled off before an hour is played

he contributes absolutely no goal threat, and appears to have the gift of being where the ball isn’t, I honestly don’t see where the hope he will come good comes from.

Looks totally unsuited for Scottish football 

Jim_Duncan
12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Anticipation in the air.

Really? Never noticed that.

Folk were just excited to see if he'd get a touch of the ball. I don't recall any.

PapaShango
17 hours ago, Armageddon said:

A proper run in the team would help, can't be easy coming on in games with 10 minutes to go every few weeks. With the last 5 games coming up I would like to see him given a proper chance to play some minutes. He might not do anything but unless we give him a run out we will never know. His confidence must be low, a goal and performance would do him wonders. 

RustyRightPeg

McKay played one ball down the channel and he was onto it in a flash. Balogun made an incredible tackle and unfortunately that was it. The fact we conceded so quickly after he came in killed it.

Once we confirm 3rd, give him every minute possible.  

RustyRightPeg
59 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Won’t happen though.  Managers don’t do things like that.  If, and a big if, he was to get four starts and actually perform well with 2/3 goals Naismith would get crucified on here for not giving him a chance earlier. I’d expect he will get more minutes off the bench than he has been getting and maybe a start if Naismith allows Shankland time off to avoid injury before the Euros. 

He wouldn't get crucified by anyone with a brain, because we've not suffered as a result of him not playing. Shankland has been nigh on un-droppable for 2 seasons now and Vargas is (potentially was after Sunday) ahead of him in the pecking order, and he too has scored goals.

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

McKay played one ball down the channel and he was onto it in a flash. Balogun made an incredible tackle and unfortunately that was it. The fact we conceded so quickly after he came in killed it.

he come on and barely touched the ball.  again. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

he come on and barely touched the ball.  again. 

Here he is again. The anti parade. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Here he is again. The anti parade. 

what is that supposed to mean?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

what is that supposed to mean?

Any time I comment anything remotely positive or optimistic about him, you're here to piss on it.

HopeDiouf
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Any time I comment anything remotely positive or optimistic about him, you're here to piss on it.

ok then.  We're all allowed an opinion you know, not just you.

Looking through the thread, you're the top poster, all over it with Tagawa is great comments.  This morning was my first reply.

I'll leave it at that as you're clearly a bit upset about something.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Heartsfth
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Happened right in front of me, Tagawa crapped the challenge, could have won it imo. I agree players deserve time to settle in but the lack of game time he is getting makes me think he will def be away at end of season 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

ok then.  We're all allowed an opinion you know, not just you.

Didn't say you weren't but every time I've commented on this particular thread you've appeared to say the opposite.

Not playing Tagawa hasn't harmed us this season at all. Naismith admits Vargas has settled quicker, and he expected it to be the other way round.

If he goes on and scores 3 or 4 goals between now and the end of the season, will you still care?

HopeDiouf
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Didn't say you weren't but every time I've commented on this particular thread you've appeared to say the opposite.

Not playing Tagawa hasn't harmed us this season at all. Naismith admits Vargas has settled quicker, and he expected it to be the other way round.

If he goes on and scores 3 or 4 goals between now and the end of the season, will you still care?

think youve got me confused with someone else. First time I replied to anything on this thread was just now.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Heartsfth said:

Happened right in front of me, Tagawa crapped the challenge, could have won it imo. I agree players deserve time to settle in but the lack of game time he is getting makes me think he will def be away at end of season 

Meh, 99/100 times the tackle results in a throw in. Balogun did well. Is what it is, we'll see between now and the end of May.

Not a secret, I think there's a player there that can be an asset for us.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

think youve got me confused with someone else. First time I replied to anything on this thread was just now.

Nah it's defo you, but I got confused. It was the transfer thread.

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nah it's defo you, but I got confused. It was the transfer thread.

👍 So in truth, you've been all over the thread, and I replied once and you had a pop.  nice one.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Heartsfth

I agree I think there is a good player I just feel it’s already been decided he will be leaving. We will find out soon enough 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

If he (Tagawa) starts at Rugby Park, he will be hauled off before an hour is played

he contributes absolutely no goal threat, and appears to have the gift of being where the ball isn’t, I honestly don’t see where the hope he will come good comes from.

Looks totally unsuited for Scottish football 

I'm inclined to agree with you that he's not particularly suited to Scottish football. He's certainly not suited to how we play, which is far too disproportionately influenced to play everything through Shankland. Which is bizarrely our biggest threat whilst simultaneously being a weakness. 

Might go a bit against the grain here but I feel Tagawa looks a decent player. Just hasn't happened and looks like that won't change now. 

21 minutes ago, Heartsfth said:

I agree I think there is a good player I just feel it’s already been decided he will be leaving. We will find out soon enough 

👍

HopeDiouf
Just now, Carter said:

I'm inclined to agree with you that he's not particularly suited to Scottish football. He's certainly not suited to how we play, which is far too disproportionately influenced to play everything through Shankland. Which is bizarrely our biggest threat whilst simultaneously being a weakness. 

Might go a bit against the grain here but I feel Tagawa looks a decent player. Just hasn't happened and looks like that won't change now. 

6ft striker with a good touch and pace.  Whats not to like.   Issue has been the lack of any of that translating into contributions in the game.

Famous 1874

Absolutely has to be given plenty of game time in the last few games. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It won't happen as you outline. It's really hard to criticise Shankland because the paucity of goals outside of his contribution is alarming. I just find it really frustrating watching his slow laboured style in games like sunday. I thought he was really poor in the League Cup semi final too. Doesn't look as bad at Tynecastle with the tight dimensions of the pitch but the lack of athleticism in our starting 11 on Sunday was really alarming. If we don't get some serious legs into that side over the summer I see Europe League / Conference League being a struggle.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He wouldn't get crucified by anyone with a brain, because we've not suffered as a result of him not playing. Shankland has been nigh on un-droppable for 2 seasons now and Vargas is (potentially was after Sunday) ahead of him in the pecking order, and he too has scored goals.

That’s what I said - how many brainless fans do we have?   Just look at the stuff on here since Sunday😂😂

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s what I said - how many brainless fans do we have?   Just look at the stuff on here since Sunday😂😂

Yeah, fair.

34 minutes ago, Heartsfth said:

Totally agree. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but could easily see Tagawa making it somewhere else if he were to leave. I for one would like to see Tagawa given more mins for the last 5 games, as I would like to see Pollock and Wilson getting a few appearances off the bench as other attacking options. There must be players who know they will not be around next year. The benefit of Aberdeen getting knocked out means recruitment dept can start working now for nxt year. Some players coming to the end of contract this year will be offski. Others will be be sold who are still under contract and certain loan deals might not be renewed. All will become clearer in the weeks ahead. Give mins to those who are around next year, or those who the jury is till out, would appear to me to be the best option imo.

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Carter said:

It won't happen as you outline. It's really hard to criticise Shankland because the paucity of goals outside of his contribution is alarming. I just find it really frustrating watching his slow laboured style in games like sunday. I thought he was really poor in the League Cup semi final too. Doesn't look as bad at Tynecastle with the tight dimensions of the pitch but the lack of athleticism in our starting 11 on Sunday was really alarming. If we don't get some serious legs into that side over the summer I see Europe League / Conference League being a struggle.

Agreed, maybe there’s rationale behind Clarke never starting him at Hampden🤷‍♂️

Weebroon98
28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Absolutely has to be given plenty of game time in the last few games. 

100%

Hearts1975
On 22/04/2024 at 08:07, feedthefox said:

This is a poor moment to pick on Tagawa, for a guy with lots of pace against a very tired and mostly slow defence we didn't play one pass for him. The team is hardwired to pass to Shanks no matter how deep he is or how badly he's playing. 

Absolutely bang on the money - this. All day long. 

It's pretty much exactly what you said ... Hardwired is a great word in this example ... I mean, no wonder the team focussed solely on shanks, and based on the amount of goals shanks scores. Most probably Naismith himself will push the team to create for our top goalscorer - that makes perfect sense 

Tagawa gets minutes here and there ... If he comes on the pitch and shanks is on as well, the focus from the players is still to get the ball to shanks and how he likes the ball to be played 

We just don't play the balls in behind that Tagawa wants or thrives on. He hasn't set the heather alight - no. But I think there is more to it than him being shite 

I know a few others who were shite in their first year with us, and who went on to great things .. worth persevering with ?

I just wonder if he isn't suited to our style of play. I would like him to get a wee run of games and just to see if something changes ..