Tagawa

Greedy Jambo

Libertarian

I got told off by the guy in front of me after saying Oh no, he's bringing on Tagawa I wouldn't do that. 

I always hope that any player wearing a Hearts strip does well, but Tagawa has done nothing all season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

• Greedy Jambo

• Korky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be starting him v Killie.

His decision making when near the oppositions box cant be as bad as the players who started today.

Libertarian
14 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

You should have started watching Hearts before last season mate. Just a few years ago when we were signing players like Pereria, Sowah, Oshiniwa, Langer, Grzlak, Swanson, Tziolis, Struna, Avlonitis, Shaughnessy, Kurskis, McCallum, Vanacek, Beslija etc 

Pereria is our worst ever goalkeeper and signing ever by a country mile

feedthefox

This is a poor moment to pick on Tagawa, for a guy with lots of pace against a very tired and mostly slow defence we didn't play one pass for him. The team is hardwired to pass to Shanks no matter how deep he is or how badly he's playing. 

HopeDiouf

Can see the thinking trying to use his pace on the bigger pitch.  Barely got a touch tho.

Buster HMFC
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What do you mean hear otherwise? He’s far from our worst ever signing. Miles off being anywhere close to that. 

Look mate. If he's the best we can do when losing a scottish cup semi final we need to think again 

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, Libertarian said:

Pereria is our worst ever goalkeeper and signing ever by a country mile

How anyone can even seriously begin to suggest otherwise when talking about the modern team is beyond me. Only player on a par is Kurskis' two games  

vladisacoward

Tagawa is hapless and hopeless in equal measure. Should be nowhere near the Hearts first team. The person that found him and thought he’d do a job for us in Scotland needs shooting. To be fair to Tagawa he is far from alone in being hapless and hopeless.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Tagawa

Atkinson

Deviln

Haring

Sibbick

Fraser

Grant

McKay

Boyce

Forrest

if we're being real. 

Add Rowles to that list 

I don't know. Is he just utter pap or just no had the rub of the green? 

I think it's probably the first one. 

Edited by Cruyff

Deevers
14 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Tagawa is hapless and hopeless in equal measure. Should be nowhere near the Hearts first team. The person that found him and thought he’d do a job for us in Scotland needs shooting. To be fair to Tagawa he is far from alone in being hapless and hopeless.

Not seen enough of him to come to anything like that conclusion.

16 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Look mate. If he's the best we can do when losing a scottish cup semi final we need to think again 

We need to get atleast 2 new strikers next season.

hearts00

Just can’t see him being here next season. 

Always interested in players coming in but what might be just as interesting is who is shifted out. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think Naismith already has a good enough idea what he can do.  Can only assume he’s pish in training too. 

A mate who scouts has seen him at training and says his finishing was top drawer

hearts00
8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A mate who scouts has seen him at training and says his finishing was top drawer

Well agter Forrest and Vargas’s perf today, I expect to see Oda and Tagawa get decent minutes in coming matches. 

Gundermann
33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know. Is he just utter pap or just no had the rub of the green? 

I think it's probably the first one. 

He's had his chances to do something. Carpe diem isn't in his vocab.

Taxi please.

OldGorgie
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Has anyone looked at his previous jobs? pretty sure he was a bus driver. 

Absolutely cretinous comment. 

Just now, Gundermann said:

Taxi please.

You make your own luck, especially on a football pitch. Guy cannae even get a kick of the ball most weeks. 

kingantti1874

Could give the guy some chances till the end of the season.  

find out what we have once and for all. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Opinionated Jambo

I think between now and the end of the season he needs decent game time to turn people’s opinions around on him. So far from what I have seen I’m not convinced going into next season - I’d be looking to bring in someone else to share the goals, even if Shankland stays

Jim_Duncan
47 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Taxi please.

Don’t think he speaks English, so expecting any Latin out of him is asking a bit much. 

I would have started Tagawa over Forrest.

This is the type of game he would get chances to get in behind the defence although wouldn’t trust any of the players to notice his runs.

Aww **** off man. Guy gets 5 minutes very couple of weeks if he's lucky and you're expecting him to bang goals in and win games. :rofl: 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Don’t think he speaks English, so expecting any Latin out of him is asking a bit much. 

:lol: 

Bongo 1874
31 minutes ago, Locky said:

Aww **** off man. Guy gets 5 minutes very couple of weeks if he's lucky and you're expecting him to bang goals in and win games. :rofl: 

Spot on 👍

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on 👍

Naismith talked in January about how players like him, need the benefit of the doubt and patience to come good. The fact he's in the squad much, but not played a lot is all part of a master plan I think from Naismith. I've heard from someone who's close to a first team player that Tagawa is brilliant in training. I've always thought he can come good. I think Naismith does see a player there, but for one reason or another is just not wanting to throw him to the dogs.

It's his first experience of football in this country, and he was signed imminently before the season started so didn't get pre-season. I think we'll see a lot more of Tagawa next season, and I believe he'll reward us.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Could give the guy some chances till the end of the season.  

find out what we have once and for all. 

Naismith will have a good idea already as he trains with them.

Bongo 1874
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

Naismith talked in January about how players like him, need the benefit of the doubt and patience to come good. The fact he's in the squad much, but not played a lot is all part of a master plan I think from Naismith. I've heard from someone who's close to a first team player that Tagawa is brilliant in training. I've always thought he can come good. I think Naismith does see a player there, but for one reason or another is just not wanting to throw him to the dogs.

It's his first experience of football in this country, and he was signed imminently before the season started so didn't get pre-season. I think we'll see a lot more of Tagawa next season, and I believe he'll reward us.

Our press is half arsed,we don't press properly as a unit.

For all the things Shankland is good at,pressing is his weakness, that doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

I counted atleast 3/4 times when Tagawa came on he forced them to go long.

Shankland isn't sharp enough to be the main leading striker, his partnership with Gino worked perfectly.

So what happens it allows teams that are better, to be more comfortable in possession, the result the first line of defence is breached/attackers,then it goes through midfield, you press as a team,if just one player doesn't buy in or is switched on.

You are ****ed quite simply put.

You can allow players like cantwell to stroll about like Cantona, or Lundstram like Zidane.

And I can't fault Tagawa for that because he does close players down and press.

Those are basics.

And he can do them.

What is quite remarkable, is that a lad from Japan does the basics better than English speaking/Scottish speaking players.

Better teams will pick this up.

And that's why Tagawa, is still wanted by other teams.

Edited by Bongo 1874

56 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I would have started Tagawa over Forrest.

This is the type of game he would get chances to get in behind the defence although wouldn’t trust any of the players to notice his runs.

Forrests only (ONLY) redeeming aspect is his workrate. I think that is the sole reason he gets minutes. Naismith can trust him to track back and help out defensively whilst also pressing the opposition. A lot of wingers don't really bother their arse unless an attack is on. Milinkovic for example.. 

But I'm past it. The lack of basic ability and decision making is too much. I'm actually hitting a point where I'm wondering if he's just not got a football brain. Doesn't have the mental bandwidth to look up and recognise when passes are/aren't on, whilst possessing zero vision to spot potential runs and absolutely nil judgement on when to pass/shoot/drive in. 

I don't doubt he's a lovely laddie that is doing his best, but the issue is that it isn't good enough. 

If we can somehow convince Dundee to take Forrest & £300k or something for McCowan (or similarly with Killie) we need to do it. 

After reading this thread, it looks like we have to get rid of the whole first team squad and bring in 25 new players.  That should work for next season and in Europe.  Jeez some people

jambo1975

Slightly off topic but hopefully the continued aspiration to find talent from abroad is now at an end. The pre contract of 3 proven players in the league seems to me to be a shift in policy. I have said for years we need to focus on proven players in the league we are in. We are the biggest out of the rest and should be poaching the talent below us where we can 

Bongo 1874
47 minutes ago, OTT said:

Forrests only (ONLY) redeeming aspect is his workrate. I think that is the sole reason he gets minutes. Naismith can trust him to track back and help out defensively whilst also pressing the opposition. A lot of wingers don't really bother their arse unless an attack is on. Milinkovic for example.. 

But I'm past it. The lack of basic ability and decision making is too much. I'm actually hitting a point where I'm wondering if he's just not got a football brain. Doesn't have the mental bandwidth to look up and recognise when passes are/aren't on, whilst possessing zero vision to spot potential runs and absolutely nil judgement on when to pass/shoot/drive in. 

I don't doubt he's a lovely laddie that is doing his best, but the issue is that it isn't good enough. 

If we can somehow convince Dundee to take Forrest & £300k or something for McCowan (or similarly with Killie) we need to do it. 

Milinkovic would be our best wide player, easy mate if he rejoined us.

His workrate off the ball was very good too.

And he ****ing loved Hearts !!!!

See the Celtic goal when he plays it to Lafferty and the goal against Aberdeen at home.

3 hours ago, feedthefox said:

This is a poor moment to pick on Tagawa, for a guy with lots of pace against a very tired and mostly slow defence we didn't play one pass for him. The team is hardwired to pass to Shanks no matter how deep he is or how badly he's playing. 

Indeed. The way we play is disproportionately influenced by Shankland. I admire his goalscoring as much as the next fan but there are flaws in his game that do at times hinder us when we remain determined to play through him at all cost.

AD 1874
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would agree. I think he was not helped by those around him, one bit for example he gets ball and knocks it back to Shankland in a good position who then makes the wrong decision.

I think he does a lot more in the game then people realise but is not getting given the ball in the areas needed for a chance. Would like to see him get more time (I would think Shankland might need a rest, thought today he looked tired and considering how many minutes he has played its understandable. A rest before the Euros might do wonders for him.)

Tired??? F****ing tired????

Tokyo Drifter
14 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I'd like to see him start in the last 5 matches and give him a real run of time to prove what he can do.

I agree, but I think it would only prove what he CAN'T do. At least that way we'd have the evidenced to finally bin him, though 😁

ScottieMac17

I uploaded this on a different thread... But this sums up how I feel about him

Adobe_20240421_113656~2.jpg

16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Tagawa

Atkinson

Deviln

Haring

Sibbick

Fraser

Grant

McKay

Boyce

Forrest

if we're being real. 

Agreed.

Tagawa

Atkinson

Deviln

Haring

Sibbick

Fraser

Grant

McKay

Boyce

Forrest

if we're being real. 

Let's ditch 10 players. Aye, sure Jan.

AC Mallin_51

I want to see him get a couple of starts. 5 mins here and there isn’t going to show us anything. The guy tried like an absolute bear when he came on v Celtic, the way he closed Hart down was brilliant

FionaHmfc
13 hours ago, Locky said:

I’ve also heard similar about his performances in training from people close to the players and the club in general. I’m more than happy to reserve judgement on him until he’s played a fair bit more. Hopefully once third is mathematically secured he can kick on a bit with regards to game time. Also think once you add Spittal and Dhanda into the mix next year then he’ll find it a hell of a lot easier to be in positions to show us what he can do 

i8hibsh

Tagawa

Atkinson

Deviln

Haring

Sibbick

Fraser

Grant

McKay

Boyce

Forrest

if we're being real. 

I'd add Oda, Rowles, Denholm, Lembikisa (I know he is going anyway), Halkett* and Cochrane also.

*Very good defender but he will always be fighting to be match fit.

16 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Can see the thinking trying to use his pace on the bigger pitch.  Barely got a touch tho.

He has a unique talent for hiding from the ball. He’s had plenty of time to see what’s required in Scottish football and adapt as necessary. He’s failed, and it would be best for him and us to move him on.

Americana
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Denholm, Cochrane 

Or most promising young player and one of the best players in our team, you high?

Havent seen what Tagawa offers, hes had enough chances to show a glimmer of hope but nothing. Not as if hes a young guy coming into the squad that needs time to mature, thats an excuse for Vargas and yet hes done enough to be certified "promising".

Jamboross
10 minutes ago, Korky said:

He has a unique talent for hiding from the ball. He’s had plenty of time to see what’s required in Scottish football and adapt as necessary. He’s failed, and it would be best for him and us to move him on.

Hiding from the ball is the exact opposite of what he does. He makes all the right runs, constantly, but our midfield has absolutely shit all creativity and either don't make the pass or screw it up on the vast majority of occasions. If he's still here next season then I'm hopeful that between Dhanda, Spittal and fully up to speed McKay that might improve. 

It really is best to avoid kickback after a defeat. The utter bollocks that gets posted is amazing. I still cling to the hope that most of the most abusive posts are from hobos.

Hearts_fan
17 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

Agreed pal but he's probably one of the worst signing we've ever made. 

You must wish we still had Beniuseless on the books

18 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

I have to confess that I didn’t feel nearly as crestfallen when Tagawa came on as a sub yesterday as I did when Danny Amankwaa replaced our current manager against Celtic in the League Cup Semi-final in 2018.