Tagawa

Greedy Jambo

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely bang on the money - this. All day long. 

It's pretty much exactly what you said ... Hardwired is a great word in this example ... I mean, no wonder the team focussed solely on shanks, and based on the amount of goals shanks scores. Most probably Naismith himself will push the team to create for our top goalscorer - that makes perfect sense 

Tagawa gets minutes here and there ... If he comes on the pitch and shanks is on as well, the focus from the players is still to get the ball to shanks and how he likes the ball to be played 

We just don't play the balls in behind that Tagawa wants or thrives on. He hasn't set the heather alight - no. But I think there is more to it than him being shite 

I know a few others who were shite in their first year with us, and who went on to great things .. worth persevering with ?

I just wonder if he isn't suited to our style of play. I would like him to get a wee run of games and just to see if something changes ..

I think so.

As you say re. your comments on Shankland, it reminds me of when McKay first came. It was pass it to Baz and let him create something, now it's Shanks. By the way, it's by and large the same central midfield shirking responsibility by doing so, 3 years later! This summer we need to improve that without a question.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

• Greedy Jambo

• Korky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Eh not me. Was missing on Sunday. Don’t think he will play much once Nieuwenhof is back and our new signings are here. 

Not me either, hes slow and wants too much time on the ball, but has now become one of the managers favourites like Forrest. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think so.

As you say re. your comments on Shankland, it reminds me of when McKay first came. It was pass it to Baz and let him create something, now it's Shanks. By the way, it's by and large the same central midfield shirking responsibility by doing so, 3 years later! This summer we need to improve that without a question.

I would agree. 

Your point about McKay is correct, people talk about him being too quiet in big games but its usually because big teams recognised all our creative threat went through him so double marked him. Had we had another creative player in the team then it would have allowed McKay to get a bit more space.

Would also agree with you about the centre midfield being a part of the issue, they are good at winning the ball and passing it to the wings, but leaves the centre of the attacking third empty. But I do think that will change next season. Read a good twitter thread yesterday talking about Spittal, I had always viewed him sitting in the attacking midfield role but he can just as easily fit alongside Nieuwenhof, he has a great forward pass and win the ball more then people think.

I do think a rejig to how we attack will make a big difference for Tagawa, but also think a number of our other attackers could benefit.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would agree. 

Your point about McKay is correct, people talk about him being too quiet in big games but its usually because big teams recognised all our creative threat went through him so double marked him. Had we had another creative player in the team then it would have allowed McKay to get a bit more space.

Would also agree with you about the centre midfield being a part of the issue, they are good at winning the ball and passing it to the wings, but leaves the centre of the attacking third empty. But I do think that will change next season. Read a good twitter thread yesterday talking about Spittal, I had always viewed him sitting in the attacking midfield role but he can just as easily fit alongside Nieuwenhof, he has a great forward pass and win the ball more then people think.

I do think a rejig to how we attack will make a big difference for Tagawa, but also think a number of our other attackers could benefit.

Hopefully he won’t be here to witness any rejig.

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, Korky said:

Hopefully he won’t be here to witness any rejig.

Why? 

Other than 'he's pish' or 'he's shown nout' give us good reasons why. 

HopeDiouf
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? 

For me, use the wage and any transfer fee to bring in someone who can get in the team and get goals and assists 

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? 

Both of these qualify as good reasons.

i have nothing against him but he’s done much less than Kio and we shipped him out.

All the guff about his great runs behind that no one sees is just fantasy.

I’d rather trust the coaching staff who don’t pick him than the tactical geniuses on here who think he’ll come good if only we change our whole system.

We’re not a club that can afford unproductive and comparatively expensive signings.

Better for him and us if he moves on. Maybe he’ll thrive in a different environment.

MR INCREDIBLE

Fans that have played football = Tagawa Good (great potential)

Fans that have never kicked a ball in their life = Tagawa Crap!

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Korky said:

Both of these qualify as good reasons.

i have nothing against him but he’s done much less than Kio and we shipped him out.

All the guff about his great runs behind that no one sees is just fantasy.

I’d rather trust the coaching staff who don’t pick him than the tactical geniuses on here who think he’ll come good if only we change our whole system.

We’re not a club that can afford unproductive and comparatively expensive signings.

Better for him and us if he moves on. Maybe he’ll thrive in a different environment.

If the coaching staff dont rate him, why bring him on against Rangers on Sunday when we need a goal?

And that talk making correct runs is based on watching him on the pitch.

HopeDiouf
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

If the coaching staff dont rate him, why bring him on against Rangers on Sunday when we need a goal?

And that talk making correct runs is based on watching him on the pitch.

if nobody can get the ball to you, then you haven't made the right run for the team you are currently playing in.

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

if nobody can get the ball to you, then you haven't made the right run for the team you are currently playing in.

The one time McKay played the pass on time, he was inches away from being clean through on goal albeit for a great tackle.

Here we are again, going round in circles. 

His only goal for us comes from a midfielder seeing his run early and playing the pass, followed by a good solid finish.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I’d imagine we’ve nearly all played football at some level and the vast majority think he’s crap.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

HopeDiouf
12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The one time McKay played the pass on time, he was inches away from being clean through on goal albeit for a great tackle.

His only goal for us comes from a midfielder seeing his run early and playing the pass, followed by a good solid finish.

Doubt we're ever gonna agree tbh.  I've not got my head in the sand, I can see he's big, decent touch, fast.  All good attributes in theory.  On the other hand, he doesn't like the physical side at all.  Even Naisy has commented on that.  I'm not someone coming on saying "he's pish, he can't play football".  Obviously he can.  But equally, it's obvious he's been poor in  a Hearts jersey this season and done very little whenever he's come on.  We could try rebuilding our team to suit him, but I feel it'd be better for all concerned if we bring in someone else and he goes and tries his luck somewhere else.

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Plus his debut, he plays just behind the line when St Johnstones line are further up, all it takes was quick move to Shanland who flicks it behind the defence for him to run onto. Cant quite finish the 1 on 1 but still something we have rarely see a Hearts team do this summer.

HopeDiouf
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Plus his debut, he plays just behind the line when St Johnstones line are further up, all it takes was quick move to Shanland who flicks it behind the defence for him to run onto. Cant quite finish the 1 on 1 but still something we have rarely see a Hearts team do this summer.

yep, that was nice play.  If we'd seen more of that, I'd be wanting him in the team.  But fact is, we haven't.

Bob Loblaw
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think he's shown glimpses in a few games. He was sharp against St Johnstone and Killie (away) off the bench. Perfectly fine against Partick and took his goal well. Was ok against Rosenborg, made a good contribution off the bench against Celtic in our win at Tynie, he won tackles, took us further up the park, pressed well.

His issue has been that he can't play wide and we play 1 up top which happens to be the most prolific striker in the league who doesn't get dropped or rested.  He also had an injury which always takes time to get up to speed after.

Has his signing been a success, probably not. Does it mean there's not a player in there? Not in my opinion. Not sure many others would have made massively more impact with the actual gametime he's had.

I'd personally be happy to keep him around and give him a chance with more creative midfielders around. 

32 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Doubt we're ever gonna agree tbh.  I've not got my head in the sand, I can see he's big, decent touch, fast.  All good attributes in theory.  On the other hand, he doesn't like the physical side at all.  Even Naisy has commented on that.  I'm not someone coming on saying "he's pish, he can't play football".  Obviously he can.  But equally, it's obvious he's been poor in  a Hearts jersey this season and done very little whenever he's come on.  We could try rebuilding our team to suit him, but I feel it'd be better for all concerned if we bring in someone else and he goes and tries his luck somewhere else.

Common sense.

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d imagine we’ve nearly all played football at some level and the vast majority think he’s crap.  

👏👏

An appropriately restrained response to what was a stupid and arrogant post.

MR INCREDIBLE
3 minutes ago, Korky said:

👏👏

An appropriately restrained response to what was a stupid and arrogant post.

Poor response to a post that is spot on and will be revisited when Tagawa proves all you morons wrong !!!

Jamboross
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Tbf I was and still am absolutely hopeless at football and think he's good...

MR INCREDIBLE
8 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Tbf I was and still am absolutely hopeless at football and think he's good...

Good man 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Poor response to a post that is spot on and will be revisited when Tagawa proves all you morons wrong !!!

People are entitled to hold different views of Tagawa’s performances/potential.

The notion that these opinions are legitimised by previous playing experience is nonsense.

i played at a decent level as did many of my friends and we all agree on Tagawa being a failure at Hearts. But our view is just our view.

its very clear who the moron is in this thread!

Fozzyonthefence

Good man 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Oh dear that post you replied to doesn’t really fit in with your ridiculously arrogant post though does it? 🤭

Fozzyonthefence

You must think Naismith is a moron too for not trusting him enough to play him?  But thank you for agreeing my post was spot on!👍

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

RedStarRiot
3 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I thought this was tongue in cheek 😂

There is little evidence to suggest he will prove anything in a Hearts jersey. I’d love to be wrong as I want every player to be a success for us but I just don’t see much about him. He just looks lost and is as good as being a man down when he’s on the pitch. His contribution is next to nothing.