Scrap in the hearts end

Jim Panzee

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I only got home 3 hours ago! The Hearts support at Hampden yesterday was one on the best behaved I’ve ever seen at a big match.

Realise there were a few who misbehaved and indeed I saw some on the 8pm train out of Queen Street.

Well done to all who behaved and represented Hearts so well!

And congratulations to the Ultras their songs & support were awesome!

me and m8 got the 7.30 out of queen street, seemed ok,  was there bother, after that???

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

• Sir PH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HopeDiouf
8 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What was it like sitting in the dugout?

🤣

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Alcohol and Drugs are never a good mix . I just felt there was a really angry atmosphere ? Not celebratory at all . It was a great achievement to get to the semi but people were losing their shit 

Was it pre or post conceding early against them again?

I was more angry than anything after 5 minutes because it was business as usual.

Batistuta87

Saw a fair bit of trouble on Saturday actually, and haven't done for quite some time, home or away.

The scrap in front of the ultras was nothing to do with them and wasn't a Rangers fan either - it was a pissed up couple having a fall-out, the boy grabbed her by the throat or something, and then she started laying into him. Had him leaning over the barrier pounding down on the back of his heed. She absolutely battered him 🤣 - stewards just stood and watched, as others have said, and it was actually a couple of the ultras who pulled the guy away. Polis eventually strolled over and told the stewards to get rid of him but then they didn't take him out themselves and just handed him over to the stewards and walked into the stand and up the stairs.

After the game a few Rangers fans were walking through the Hearts fans and there was the usual chanting and whatever, saw another couple get into a bit of a scrap again when she was hitting him to get him to stop shouting at Rangers fans and sort of shoved her away which only made her worse. She was holding on to a kid as well :(  

Then around the Gulf petrol station I saw two Jambos rolling about, one of them got sparked and then started a shouting match with what I assume might have been his son or something. 

Edited by Batistuta87

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was it pre or post conceding early against them again?

I was more angry than anything after 5 minutes because it was business as usual.

Started from the beginning I feel . 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Saw a fair bit of trouble on Saturday actually, and haven't done for quite some time, home or away.

The scrap in front of the ultras was nothing to do with them and wasn't a Rangers fan either - it was a pissed up couple having a fall-out, the boy grabbed her by the throat or something, and then she started laying into him. Had him leaning over the barrier pounding down on the back of his heed. She absolutely battered him 🤣 - stewards just stood and watched, as others have said, and it was actually a couple of the ultras who pulled the guy away. Polis eventually strolled over and told the stewards to get rid of him but then they didn't take him out themselves and just handed him over to the stewards and walked into the stand and up the stairs.

After the game a few Rangers fans were walking through the Hearts fans and there was the usual chanting and whatever, saw another couple get into a bit of a scrap again when she was hitting him to get him to stop shouting at Rangers fans and sort of shoved her away which only made her worse. She was holding on to a kid as well :(  

Then around the Gulf petrol station I saw two Jambos rolling about, one of them got sparked and then started a shouting match with what I assume might have been his son or something. 

Dearie me ! It was a very odd atmosphere ! Imagine fighting in front of your own kids etc ! Poor children . 

been here before
32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wonder if it would have been just as amusing or if the stewards would have stood back if he had had her leaning over the barrier pounding down on the back of her heed as he absolutely battered her.

Are the stewards trained and paid to separate fighting? I know the polis are but they clearly lazy ***** who don't want to do any paperwork and would rather stop supporter buses for the power trip.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Are the stewards trained and paid to separate fighting? I know the polis are but they clearly lazy ***** who don't want to do any paperwork and would rather stop supporter buses for the power trip.

I wasn't too far from the fight. Three or four stewards stood and watched it, for what felt like a couple of minutes, before one of them decided to go in and split it up, followed (eventually) by some more stewards. The polis stood at the corner flag entrance, doing absolutely nothing. To be fair, whether they were aware the fight was happening, is another matter. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, been here before said:

I wonder if it would have been just as amusing or if the stewards would have stood back if he had had her leaning over the barrier pounding down on the back of her heed as he absolutely battered her.

Yeah exactly.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, kila said:

Considering some of them are 18 year old lassies and 5 foot nothing, I seriously doubt their ability to break up many fights. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Considering some of them are 18 year old lassies and 5 foot nothing, I seriously doubt their ability to break up many fights. 

The stewards in front of the fight certainly weren't young girls. They were well built men. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

The stewards in front of the fight certainly weren't young girls. They were well built men. 

Generally speaking though - there are a fair number of wee women and young lassies working as stewards. The one in front of me at Tynecastle is a young Indian lassie about 5 foot 2. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

https://careers.g4s.com/en/event-steward

Skills required include: "Attention to detail and alert to any changes that may indicate an increased security risk or unusual situation"

Activities include: "Reporting any security incidents or concerns and dealing with emergency situations"

Seems they are to report security incidents instead of dealing with them. Surely they make their supervisor aware there's a scrap who then alerts the police. Or maybe they do and the police choose not to get involved with their preference to let it play out and hope no one is battered too badly. They want to still be onsite to get the leftover pies at full time instead of at the station dealing with the riff-raff. Know a cop who did Tynecastle once and they just stand to have a presence, there is zero desire to actually get involved in situations, and they all loved getting the leftover pies.

Clubs pay for policing too :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

:oohmatron:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Numerous fighting in the Hearts end after we gave away tickets to every tom dick and harry. Coincidence no? Can of worms well and truly opened.

Batistuta87
35 minutes ago, kila said:

https://careers.g4s.com/en/event-steward

Skills required include: "Attention to detail and alert to any changes that may indicate an increased security risk or unusual situation"

Activities include: "Reporting any security incidents or concerns and dealing with emergency situations"

Seems they are to report security incidents instead of dealing with them. Surely they make their supervisor aware there's a scrap who then alerts the police. Or maybe they do and the police choose not to get involved with their preference to let it play out and hope no one is battered too badly. They want to still be onsite to get the leftover pies at full time instead of at the station dealing with the riff-raff. Know a cop who did Tynecastle once and they just stand to have a presence, there is zero desire to actually get involved in situations, and they all loved getting the leftover pies.

Clubs pay for policing too :laugh:

Doesn't specify that they might need to get a 6 foot 4 pissed up lunatic into a half nelson then? :D 

CostaJambo
6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

I wasn't too far from the fight. Three or four stewards stood and watched it, for what felt like a couple of minutes, before one of them decided to go in and split it up, followed (eventually) by some more stewards. The polis stood at the corner flag entrance, doing absolutely nothing. To be fair, whether they were aware the fight was happening, is another matter. 

I think the cops no longer get involved in paggers due to "Health and Safety".

2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

So leave it to the poor sods on £10 per hour? 🫤

19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was beside three Urush folk, two girls and a guy, and a Scot, all a bit drunk. Plain to see the three weren’t fans of what Rangers stand for lets say. The Scot joins in with the Huns when they start signing Hello Hello 🤦🏽🤪. The pals and GF weren’t impressed 😆

Just realised you meant Irish 😂 any Hearts joining in with the Huns singing Hullo Hullo, is fair game really 

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Generally speaking though - there are a fair number of wee women and young lassies working as stewards. The one in front of me at Tynecastle is a young Indian lassie about 5 foot 2. 

Think this is all too common misconception regarding stewards.

They are not there to be bouncers.

Just to try and keep passageways clear and advise people to thee seat.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah exactly.

It's part of their Licence conditions to intervene if a woman is being harassed / attacked

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, lou said:

Just realised you meant Irish 😂 any Hearts joining in with the Huns singing Hullo Hullo, is fair game really 

Yeah forgot to change that 😆, yeah what an idiot 🤦🏽

GinRummy
7 hours ago, kila said:

I’m not sure what they’re for. The ones at tynecastle are really good at walking up and down stairs in unison, right along the wheatfield stand. Like synchronised swimming but without water or tricks. 

Jambo-Fox
On 23/04/2024 at 00:21, Hectormasson said:

me and m8 got the 7.30 out of queen street, seemed ok,  was there bother, after that???

No, it was just a few young men behaving like young boys, all good humoured but included some homphobic & sectarian singing. Overall reasonably good banter but nevertheless was upsetting for single travellers (including females) especially those sitting nearby!

Hectormasson
33 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No, it was just a few young men behaving like young boys, all good humoured but included some homphobic & sectarian singing. Overall reasonably good banter but nevertheless was upsetting for single travellers (including females) especially those sitting nearby!

👍👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Chuck Berry
21 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not sure what they’re for. The ones at tynecastle are really good at walking up and down stairs in unison, right along the wheatfield stand. Like synchronised swimming but without water or tricks. 

Why do they do that, to give them something to do?

GinRummy
15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I don’t really know. I assume their presence is supposed to put people off being naughty. For some games the amount of them just seems like overkill. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t really know. I assume their presence is supposed to put people off being naughty. For some games the amount of them just seems like overkill. 

They are generally kids and early age adults . They observe and report where appropriate 

A wee bit off topic but I noticed at the celtic dons semi there was a line of stewards at the corner of the East stand, separating celtic fans and celtic fans. What is the point of that??

19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A wee bit off topic but I noticed at the celtic dons semi there was a line of stewards at the corner of the East stand, separating celtic fans and celtic fans. What is the point of that??

They booked the number of stewards before Aberdeen started selling tickets

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

I always wondered if it was a fire safety check.  You know in case anyone had anything blocking the end of the rows or near the ends?  They seem to look left and right at each row as they pass my seat. 

The Treasurer
On 23/04/2024 at 09:17, Batistuta87 said:

If you saw trouble on Saturday then I would think it was sellik fans.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 23/04/2024 at 12:45, Negan said:

Numerous fighting in the Hearts end after we gave away tickets to every tom dick and harry. Coincidence no? Can of worms well and truly opened.

It often happens when we have a higher than usual allocation. Tbh I'd be quite happy if in future we take an allocation of 15-16k and just have it full of regulars. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If you saw trouble on Saturday then I would think it was sellik fans.

Sunday 🥴

Jim_Duncan
24 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It often happens when we have a higher than usual allocation. Tbh I'd be quite happy if in future we take an allocation of 15-16k and just have it full of regulars. 

Murrayfield semi was the worst I’ve seen for that. Seemed like every bam in Edinburgh had just turned up in the Hearts end that day. 

Forza Cuore
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Murrayfield semi was the worst I’ve seen for that. Seemed like every bam in Edinburgh had just turned up in the Hearts end that day. 

Aye that day was mental, even my wife was there. 

Jocam2325
On 23/04/2024 at 10:12, kila said:

That's a ridiculous comment. Firstly, in most situations now, cops are not allowed by senior officers to enter the crowd. So to label them lazy is totally unfair.   I presume you've never actually been sent into a hosile crowd at a football game!!!

Cops are massively overworked and do a remarkable job most of the time. A job that most wouldn't have the bottle to do  

Jim_Duncan
50 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Aye that day was mental, even my wife was there. 

You know her better than anyone, bud.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

some of the sights on dsplay that day, was somethimg to behold,😂🤣😂🇱🇻

Jim_Duncan
52 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

my wife was there. 

1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

some of the sights on dsplay that day, was somethimg to behold,😂🤣😂🇱🇻

:clyay:

14 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

That's a ridiculous comment. Firstly, in most situations now, cops are not allowed by senior officers to enter the crowd. So to label them lazy is totally unfair.   I presume you've never actually been sent into a hosile crowd at a football game!!!

Cops are massively overworked and do a remarkable job most of the time. A job that most wouldn't have the bottle to do  

It's their job to deal with disorder. They get sent into fights every day.

millerjames398
12 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:clyay:

folk bouncing around with 3 eye balls, and hand to hand combat with celtic fans who got in our end, absolute bedlam🤯😂🇱🇻 

Ronald Villiers
57 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They do aye, maybe ootside a pub or nightclub.  It's a bit different I suppose with thousands of coked up drunk fans.  

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

What do you consider a remarkable job (most of the time) to actually be then? 

M

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

It's their job to maintain order.

And if that means letting a few folk act like arsehiles then that's what it means.

I thought the whole ground was tame.

Imagine this forum after 76.

On 23/04/2024 at 09:29, JudyJudyJudy said:

Started from the beginning I feel . 

Where about.

2 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

What do you consider a remarkable job (most of the time) to actually be then? 

Dealing with the shitty end of the stick for a relatively shit pay.

Maintaining relatively a pretty high standard of law and specifically order.

Do you think 8 polis wading in is effective policing?

dannymack
On 23/04/2024 at 17:13, CostaJambo said:

Two tiered policing these days...

Jocam2325
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Almost too idiotic a statement to respond to. Almost