Rowles.

Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter

Nowhere near strong enough. There were many mistakes made today that gifted Rangers 2 goals. His indecision as Tavernier went down however ensures we were a goal down inside 5 minutes.

Just go through the ****in ball ffs.

Get rid.

Excellent on the side of a back 3 where he can read the game and mop things up. Terrible in a 4 as there is no physicality or aggression in him.

Given a 4 is our best setup, he isn’t a great fit for us anymore 

vegas-voss

Go a bit further back in the play it's Kingsley that creates the real mayhem

Helter Skelter
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

As I said, many mistakes made.

Watch it again and see Rowles hesitation.

Unforgivable for a supposed centre half.

Helter Skelter
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

He's just not hard enough , a proper sap unfortunately. 

Correct. Soft as shite.

Its happened on too many occasions now.

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Helter Skelter said:

No I do agree but it all starts with a brain-dead moment from Kingsley 

Helter Skelter
Just now, vegas-voss said:

No I do agree but it all starts with a brain-dead moment from Kingsley 

Kingsley didn’t play the situation well. Probably had time to take on his weak foot. Forrest was then weak after that. Atkinson was Atkinson in defence. I just can’t get my head around a Centre Half not going through the ball that Rowles should have. Baffles me and not for the first time.

Big John Colquhoun

Never understood the hype. Terrible player. Hasn’t improved since we signed him. Same as Atkinson, hanging around season after season once it’s clear they’re not good enough and aren’t going to develop into the players we hope. Pathetically weak.

jock _turd

That goal was a disaster he virtually passed the ball to the Rangers player shocking play. The ball should have been five rows back!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not even about today necessarily but he's just nowhere near good enough.

Rowles has been really solid 90% of this season. He just has ****ing brain farts for the other 10%. He's not the issue tbh. It's the midfield. It's non existent. 

IMO in a back 4 he's a left back. 

I'd grab Stuart Findlay in the summer and at least be confident we're not going to be bullied at the back. 

buzzbomb1958

Probably took up football cos he kept getting pummelled at Aussie rules football unfortunately he’s that much a pussy I’d think tiddlywinks would be too hard for him , 

hearts00

Rowles is annoying because looks like a Rolls Royce much of the time but yes is soft and vulnerable at times and when you compare him to Kent it is just night and day. 

We need another Kent. 

Just now, hearts00 said:

Rowles is annoying because looks like a Rolls Royce much of the time but yes is soft and vulnerable at times and when you compare him to Kent it is just night and day. 

We need another Kent. 

Yep. I'd like to see Stuart Findlay signed, a back 3 of Kent Findlay Rowles is solid as they come. And in a back 4, RB Kent Findlay Rowles is also remarkably solid. 

Difficulty is that we have Kingsley, Rowles & Penrice (assuming Cochrane is sold), so LB and LCB are well covered. Rowles despite his attributes is kind of the odd man, because he is the weak link at the back, we all know he's weak and gets bullied easily. Not into working round a problem like that though, rather sign someone like Findlay and hope he rises to the challenge. 

2 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Aye he's the problem if you're an idiot 

Yip

Lord Montpelier
15 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Never understood the hype. Terrible player. Hasn’t improved since we signed him. Same as Atkinson, hanging around season after season once it’s clear they’re not good enough and aren’t going to develop into the players we hope. Pathetically weak.

If anything he's regressed

Bindy Badgy
16 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

We should have cashed in after the World Cup. That was as high as his value will ever be.

jdl2002
52 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This 👆🏻😡

Badonde

He’s always been shite.  Weak as water, rubbish on the ball.  Looks nervous every game.  Get rid

Bungalow Bill
7 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

We should have cashed in after the World Cup. That was as high as his value will ever be.

Did we turn down an offer for him? 

Boris5115
1 hour ago, Helter Skelter said:

Nowhere near strong enough. There were many mistakes made today that gifted Rangers 2 goals. His indecision as Tavernier went down however ensures we were a goal down inside 5 minutes.

Get rid.

Only 4 years of his contract to go. 

Bunny Munro

His general play is worse than Toby Sibbicks.

If Sibbick had had the chances Rowles has had (especially next to Kent) we'd be in a better place.

Chuck Berry

Get rid.

Here we go :vrface:

hmfcbilly
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Here we go :vrface:

Yep...every time we get beat, here comes another 'Rowles isn't strong enough' thread (which, tbf, he isn't a lot of the time) but I wish mods would just delete. Or at least change thread title to rowles isn't strong enough so I know not to look 🤣🤣

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Yep. Kingsley causes the problems. This thread seems like a case of blaming the player that some already dislike rather than the main culprit. If the roles had been reversed and it had been Rowles that failed to deal with the initial ball and Kingsley who then didn't deal with the fallout, I have no doubt that this would still be a thread blaming Rowles.

17 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

His general play is worse than Toby Sibbicks.

If Sibbick had had the chances Rowles has had (especially next to Kent) we'd be in a better place.

Well that is an opinion I suppose.

Bad clearance from Kingsley, Rowles does 100% hesitate which opens up the poke/deflection to Cantwell.

I don't know what Kingsley is doing to begin with though. Why is he hitting a ball with zero idea of where its going? Its not kungfu, position properly and clear the ball correctly. 

lost in space

Think he is better as a LB - and think he played that position for Oz in a recent game.

Also think that Kingsley is now probably better in centre. He isn't getting any younger.

Penrice is probably replacement for Cochrane. Penrice and Rowles should be chosen LB.

We need another CH and a reliable RB.

hearts00
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Think he is better as a LB - and think he played that position for Oz in a recent game.

Also think that Kingsley is now probably better in centre. He isn't getting any younger.

Penrice is probably replacement for Cochrane. Penrice and Rowles should be chosen LB.

We need another CH and a reliable RB.

And a lot of surgery on the midfield. And vargas to dramatically improve. 

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Bad clearance from Kingsley, Rowles does 100% hesitate which opens up the poke/deflection to Cantwell.

I don't know what Kingsley is doing to begin with though. Why is he hitting a ball with zero idea of where its going? Its not kungfu, position properly and clear the ball correctly. 

That is a good summary. Forest could probably react faster. I think Rowles them hesitates waiting on a free kick to Rangers that doesn't come. After that it is pretty much good play from Rangers.

The fact that some people are saying Atkinson is a big part of the problem at that goal is as good a demonstration as any that people are judging on their pre-existing opinions. If he doesn't dove in Dessers has an easy finish and people could rightly blame him for not reacting. When he does dive in it asks the question of whether Dessers can react. Unfortunately he can and performs a good drag back to open the chance up again. It is simply good forward play at that point.

Walter Kidd

Whomever gave him a 5 year deal needs sectioned. An utter coward.

RustyRightPeg

It’s unforgivable your centre half pulling out a 50/50 at any stage. First five in a semi where you need to lay markers down, which ends up in a goal…get rid genuinely I’ve had enough of it.

Sell him asap. 

Helter Skelter
1 hour ago, Buster HMFC said:

Aye he's the problem if you're an idiot 

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip

He was a huge problem today.

Not my fault your eyes are painted on.

Helter Skelter
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s unforgivable your centre half pulling out a 50/50 at any stage. First five in a semi where you need to lay markers down, which ends up in a goal…get rid genuinely I’ve had enough of it.

Sell him asap. 

Spot on.

Pasquale for King

Garbage, we will be lucky to get £1m for him, poor at both goals. 

alicante jambo

Hes no good enough he would be another of the 4 or 5 i would get rid of. Gets constantly ragdolled. Someone above called him a sap thats exactly what he is a sap.

Buster HMFC
Just now, Helter Skelter said:

He was a huge problem today.

Not my fault your eyes are painted on.

Kingsley should be shot for trying to clear with his left foot. Cost us the 1st goal. 

Helter Skelter
1 minute ago, Buster HMFC said:

Kingsley should be shot for trying to clear with his left foot. Cost us the 1st goal. 

Bullshit.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yep. Kingsley causes the problems. This thread seems like a case of blaming the player that some already dislike rather than the main culprit. If the roles had been reversed and it had been Rowles that failed to deal with the initial ball and Kingsley who then didn't deal with the fallout, I have no doubt that this would still be a thread blaming Rowles.

Well that is an opinion I suppose.

He definitely starts the problem, Forrest is asleep, Rowles then goes forward and has to win the ball or foul the player. Awful goal to lose. 

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sell him asap. 

I think he's too awkward a player to fit into future plans. Naismith clearly wants a back 4, he's not dominant enough. 

We have Kingsley at LB (Can cover LCB)

We currently have Cochrane at LB (will likely lose him & get Penrice)

So given Rowles cannot be trusted in a back 4, he has to play LB, but that becomes pointless as we already have Kingsley & Cochrane/Penrice. 

He's the bad egg, so should be sold and a proper CB brought in. I've said a few times above, but Stuart Findlay would be my #1 choice. Big strong, aerially dominant CB that won't be bullied. Does mean our distribution out of our back line won't be great, but TBH I don't think we play it out from the back effectively anyway - how many goals have we scored doing that/ how many times have we actually beat the press? Just hubris at this point. 

Alternative is dump Kingsley. I'm not sure the best approach, but a CB that cannot stand up to the physicality of the league is an issue. He'd excel somewhere like Japan or Spain where the league isn't so physical. 

Buster HMFC

Bullshit.

Watch it again pal. You'll see

saxondale

Get rid.

Get rid? He did not have a great game like many of the players out there, yet you felt the need to single him out.

He’s been good for us this season, including the last couple games against Celtic, yet you want to ‘get rid’?

alicante jambo
3 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Buster they still had loads to do but that goal isnt on kingsley and he played well today.

Bullshit.

He's culpable. He put the ball into a dangerous area because he didn't know where he was putting it by just trying to make contact with it. 

Half measures, either clear the ball or don't. A half clearance to the opposition is bloody dangerous and cost us massively. Absolutely no way he's absolved of the blame because Rowles hesitated on a 50/50. Plenty of blame to go round there :lol: 

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Whomever gave him a 5 year deal needs sectioned. An utter coward.

:vrface:

Just now, saxondale said:

Get rid? He did not have a great game like many of the players out there, yet you felt the need to single him out.

He’s been good for us this season, including the last couple games against Celtic, yet you want to ‘get rid’?

He's consistently poor in a back 4. Manager wants to play a back 4. 

Unfortunately, its a decision that needs to be made. Continue on with a system the manager doesn't like to accomodate 1 player, or punt that player to bring in a competent player to play the system the manager wants. 

IMO it doesn't make sense to keep him, unless he can stomach being a left back (which then brings its own questions for Kingsley & Penrice/Cochrane). 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, saxondale said:

It's the JKB way

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Should head it back, I think.