Andy Dorman

Rawrrrrrrr

See his agent seems to be trying to engineer a move for him, was very impressed when I saw him and looked very much like a hartley type player with his box to box athelticism

Now I know we are overloaded in midfield, but for me, quality is the important factor and we lack real quality, especially in the creativity field imo

I would happily swap 2 or 3 of our midfielders for him straight off

Definitly a player I would like to see at hearts

Some cash and stewart would be a brillant deal :)

We should sign Scobie, Barr and Arfield all from Falkirk and Dorman from St Mirren. On long term deals. It will cost but we'll recoup plus more when they are sold.

We should sign Scobie, Barr and Arfield all from Falkirk and Dorman from St Mirren. On long term deals. It will cost but we'll recoup plus more when they are sold.

Barr and Arfield I will give you, Scobie is a buckfast swilling ned and no better than wallace

All these players would be achievable and tbh I dont think they would cost ridicolous sums ( say 500k-1mn each max)

Gigolo-Aunt
It will cost but we'll recoup plus more when they are sold.

Unless they ran out their contracts and left for nowt.

Unless they ran out their contracts and left for nowt.

Why would they do that?

Not as if the owner would drop them if they didn't sign extensions ;)

Gigolo-Aunt
Why would they do that?

Not as if the owner would drop them if they didn't sign extensions ;)

Not all players will be forced in to singing extensions though.

Some will tough it out.

Know Scott Arfeild my whole life and i think he would jump at the chance to play for us, but we would have to pay alot for him as Falkirk really value him!!

Dorman looks to be a player as well but can imagine him going down south.

Second time today I agree with prancer!

Barr and Arfield looked great players. Dorman also looked handy. Sign those three and I would be happy. Having said that I do not think there is even the slightest chance we will.

We definately need to get the finger out, with the exception of the "Biggot Brothers", Dundee Utd, Falkirk and even Aberdeen are signing players to freshen up their squads, do Hearts actually have a scouting system? Barr, Arfield, Hunt, Reynolds, Gow, Dorman, Niculae and a few more could almost walk into out team at the moment, i hope we're not going to end up with even more Kaunas players!

ToadKiller Dog
We definately need to get the finger out, with the exception of the "Biggot Brothers", Dundee Utd, Falkirk and even Aberdeen are signing players to freshen up their squads, do Hearts actually have a scouting system? Barr, Arfield, Hunt, Reynolds, Gow, Dorman, Niculae and a few more could almost walk into out team at the moment, i hope we're not going to end up with even more Kaunas players!

Did Csaba not say he was happy to work with the frail list plus a few ideas of his own ie Obua.

Be interesting to see what the Frail list was, just don't want any more Ksanavicius, Klimek, Beniusis & Ivaskevicius types.

scott_jambo
Not all players will be forced in to singing extensions though.

Some will tough it out.

For every Webster and Ritchie there is a Hartely and Naysmith.

Signing young hungry proven SPL players is the way forward as it will improve us on the pitch and make us a more attractive club.

Gigolo-Aunt
For every Webster and Ritchie there is a Hartely and Naysmith.

Signing young hungry proven SPL players is the way forward as it will improve us on the pitch and make us a more attractive club.

I like signing hungry players who we can develop as well. My point was you cant force players to sign contracts as some will simply not sign.

Manchester United and Chelsea are among the clubs chasing Falkirk starlet Scott Arfield, skysports.com understands.

The 19-year-old midfielder has shone for the Bairns since breaking into the first team in 2007, and has been called into the Scotland Under 21 set-up.

He is recognised as one of the best young players in Scotland, and the Old Firm are monitoring his progress, but the big interest is coming from South of the border.

Skysports.com understands up to 12 clubs from the Premier League and Championship are regularly checking on him and Falkirk could face a battle to keep him at the club.

Arfield is, though, on a long-term contract after penning a five-year deal earlier this year, but with United and Chelsea leading the chase, the Bairns could easily cash in on their prized asset.

Chelsea's interest emerged at the end of last season, but United have been tracking the midfielder for over a year and Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to have personally checked on Arfield last season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3830217,00.html

No chance, then.

scott_jambo
I like signing hungry players who we can develop as well. My point was you cant force players to sign contracts as some will simply not sign.

Very true!

I really rate Barr btw. I think we should sign him this season as this will probably be Berra's last with us.

scott_jambo
Manchester United and Chelsea are among the clubs chasing Falkirk starlet Scott Arfield, skysports.com understands.

The 19-year-old midfielder has shone for the Bairns since breaking into the first team in 2007, and has been called into the Scotland Under 21 set-up.

He is recognised as one of the best young players in Scotland, and the Old Firm are monitoring his progress, but the big interest is coming from South of the border.

Skysports.com understands up to 12 clubs from the Premier League and Championship are regularly checking on him and Falkirk could face a battle to keep him at the club.

Arfield is, though, on a long-term contract after penning a five-year deal earlier this year, but with United and Chelsea leading the chase, the Bairns could easily cash in on their prized asset.

Chelsea's interest emerged at the end of last season, but United have been tracking the midfielder for over a year and Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to have personally checked on Arfield last season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3830217,00.html

No chance, then.

We could have a small chance if none of the big teams follow up their interest, while we show that we want him at the club with a contract on the table. Unfortunately we just might not be an attractive club to go to at the moment.

Hearts better get their finger out then, not so much for English teams looking at him but the Biggot Brothers!

Arsenal chased Naysmith.... and real were after Fletcher.

No disrespect to Arfield but would be very surprised if he went any where near those two.

Looked excellent whenever i've seen him.

The type of midfielder we are desperate for. Is he out of contract or would a fee be required?

Am i the only one who thinks Dorman is distinctly average?

Mo Johnson had said to Gus McPherson before he came over to Scotland that he'd never been convinced by him. He was never highly thought of and i don't think he done amazingly well last year, despite the odd goal.

Wouldn't want him.

Mo Johnson had said to Gus McPherson before he came over to Scotland that he'd never been convinced by him. He was never highly thought of and i don't think he done amazingly well last year, despite the odd goal.

Wouldn't want him.

The game that Miko scored at Love St, Dorman was the best player on the park by miles. I always tend to judge players on how they look against us and he caused us a lot of problems.

I notice that Andy Dorman is being linked with moves away from St Mirren in today's press. From what I saw of Dorman last season, he is exactly the type of midfielder we could do with, in that he makes runs beyond the strikers and scores goals. The fee being talked about is relatively modest (circa ?150k?), so he is definitely one I think Hearts should be looking at.

Arfield is probably too ambitious a signing for the club at this stage, but he is exactly the kind of player Hearts should be looking at. He is being linked with moves to Man United and Chelsea but surely first team football would be more appealing at this stage of his career? The likes of Arfield, Kevin McDonald (who recently moved to Burnley from Dundee) and Darren Barr are exactly the type of player Hearts should be looking to secure rather than wasting exorbiants sums on transfer fees and wages for the likes of Kingston and Beslija. The potential returns on sell on transfer fees would also be much greater.

Dirk Diggler

I'm sure Csaba after his years of managing in Hungary and Uganda is aware of both players.

Barr and Arfield I will give you, Scobie is a buckfast swilling ned and no better than wallace

All these players would be achievable and tbh I dont think they would cost ridicolous sums ( say 500k-1mn each max)

This really sticks in my throat when people come out with stuff like this. It's the sort of arrogant attitude the old firm have about buying players from lesser SPL clubs.

500K to 1 million! Do hearts fans not realize that over the next couple of seasons hearts are to undergo drastic cost cutting to get the debt down. There is no way we will be shelling out that sort of money for anyone and I don't think we should either. We should try and live within our means.

This really sticks in my throat when people come out with stuff like this. It's the sort of arrogant attitude the old firm have about buying players from lesser SPL clubs.

500K to 1 million! Do hearts fans not realize that over the next couple of seasons hearts are to undergo drastic cost cutting to get the debt down. There is no way we will be shelling out that sort of money for anyone and I don't think we should either. We should try and live within our means.

The fact is for an SPL club to be financially sufficient they need to be in Europe regularly, we cant do that with the current squad

If we spent 2-3 mn to bring in the players to do that it would be worth it, we did bring in 15mn in the last year for players so I dont think its unfeasible or unreasonable to expect our long term sucess to be part financed from it , especially when vlad spent millions on diddies like beslija and jose

Denny Crane
The fact is for an SPL club to be financially sufficient they need to be in Europe regularly, we cant do that with the current squad

If we spent 2-3 mn to bring in the players to do that it would be worth it, we did bring in 15mn in the last year for players so I dont think its unfeasible or unreasonable to expect our long term sucess to be part financed from it , especially when vlad spent millions on diddies like beslija and jose

How much in total did we pay for Beslija and Gonsalves? I ask because I suspect you're slightly exaggerating with the "millions" claim.

Dirk Diggler
How much in total did we pay for Beslija and Gonsalves? I ask because I suspect you're slightly exaggerating with the "millions" claim.

Approx 1.35 million GBP.

Wouldn't want him.

I'm with you. I don't rate dorman. Although it is without question we could do with an attack minded midfielder that can break into the box.

Scobie is no buckfast swilling ned.A well brought up young lad who is a credit to his family and village.

Gigolo-Aunt
Scobie is no buckfast swilling ned.A well brought up young lad who is a credit to his family and village.

Hehehehehe

Get out of that one, Rommell!

I know who's opinion I'd trust.

Was impressed with Dorman last season.

He was one of the few midfielders who could get past the striker into the box. Played very well against us at Love Street.

He would need more protection in midfield than we can offer at the moment though - as most of the good things in his game seemed to be going forward.

Was impressed with Dorman last season.

He was one of the few midfielders who could get past the striker into the box. Played very well against us at Love Street.

He would need more protection in midfield than we can offer at the moment though - as most of the good things in his game seemed to be going forward.

I appreciate the point you are making about Hearts midfield being lightweight Coco, but I'm curious as to which midfields in the SPL you think are physical enough?

Looking at the midfields of our SPL rivals from last season, Motherwell usually lined up with McGarry, Lasley and Hughes, none of whom are particularly physical. Dundee United from January onwards played with Kerr, Flood, Gomis and Swanson/O'Brien all of whom are slight guys with none of them being over 5ft 10". Both of these teams challenged for European qualification all season. I would argue that with Jonsson in particular, Hearts have a reasonable amount of physicality in the middle of the park.

I appreciate the point you are making about Hearts midfield being lightweight Coco, but I'm curious as to which midfields in the SPL you think are physical enough?

Looking at the midfields of our SPL rivals from last season, Motherwell usually lined up with McGarry, Lasley and Hughes, none of whom are particularly physical. Dundee United from January onwards played with Kerr, Flood, Gomis and Swanson/O'Brien all of whom are slight guys with none of them being over 5ft 10". Both of these teams challenged for European qualification all season. I would argue that with Jonsson in particular, Hearts have a reasonable amount of physicality in the middle of the park.

All these sorts of teams have battlers in midfield. Little terriers like Mickey Cameron used to be for us. Think of how often these sorts of players took the ball off the likes of Ksnavicius or Palazuelos.

Sometimes the battling qualities are there with the size - like Brellier, the perfect sort of player for the SPL - but outside of Jonsson we now don't have anyone in midfield who likes to scrap, jockey players or tackle.

Dorman isn't as good as he's made out to be. I think that he's a good player at a bottom six SPL team, but who'd be found out at a higher level. If what we're aiming for is to be a decent bottom six side then by all means, good signing.

Arfield's apparently better, but we couldn't afford him and he probably wouldn't come to us. Think some people have to come to terms with the fact that players like that don't see us as being a significant step up. Same goes for Barr, although I'm not even convinced that he's any better than Berra anyway.

Dorman isn't as good as he's made out to be. I think that he's a good player at a bottom six SPL team, but who'd be found out at a higher level. If what we're aiming for is to be a decent bottom six side then by all means, good signing.

Arfield's apparently better, but we couldn't afford him and he probably wouldn't come to us. Think some people have to come to terms with the fact that players like that don't see us as being a significant step up. Same goes for Barr, although I'm not even convinced that he's any better than Berra anyway.

Think he would come to us, he loves playing at tynie said it's the best atmosphere in scotland his only worry would be the lack of manager ( which has now been fixed ) and the reaction of the fans to him as he only ever hears horror story's from elliot and wallace ( rooms with both at 21's)!!

Think its more likely we could'nt afford him falkirk rate him very highly and these big clubs are very interested in him with arsenal also in the equation.

Would be a tremendous signing and if we spent ?1million we could easily get ?3million back if we ever sold him!!

Think he would come to us, he loves playing at tynie said it's the best atmosphere in scotland his only worry would be the lack of manager ( which has now been fixed ) and the reaction of the fans to him as he only ever hears horror story's from elliot and wallace ( rooms with both at 21's)!!

Think its more likely we could'nt afford him falkirk rate him very highly and these big clubs are very interested in him with arsenal also in the equation.

Would be a tremendous signing and if we spent ?1million we could easily get ?3million back if we ever sold him!!

Fair enough, obviously if you know the guy then you can judge better than I can. Just not sure that players at the smaller SPL sides would see it as being worthwhile to move to Hearts when they can probably already go down South or to one of the Old Firm.

Dont get me wrong i know he would have doubts about it and rightly so but he still see us as the big team outside the old firm in terms of money, wage's, crowds and possible european football so for that i defo think he would jump at the chance!!

I'm sure Csaba after his years of managing in Hungary and Uganda is aware of both players.

This is the problem though, does he know about ANY of the players in the SPL? This is why we should have a top scout at Hearts who knows every player. We've lost out on so many players in the last 2/3 years, especially to the "Biggot Brothers" (McDonald, Naismith, Boyd, Robson etc...) I don't even know the name of any scout that work's for Hearts!

Ron Burgundy

If Andy Dorman was sat on my settee wearing a hat with "I am Andy Dorman" emblazoned across it, it would be the first time I have ever noticed the guy.

This is the problem though, does he know about ANY of the players in the SPL? This is why we should have a top scout at Hearts who knows every player. We've lost out on so many players in the last 2/3 years, especially to the "Biggot Brothers" (McDonald, Naismith, Boyd, Robson etc...) I don't even know the name of any scout that work's for Hearts!

Pretty sure John Murray is our chief scout and he's been with us for a long time.

Regular John

A picture for those of you with angry Dorman provoked chubbies or if you're like myself and wouldn't know who he was.

ImgDyn.cfm?s=2007hs_dorman.gif

We've lost out on so many players in the last 2/3 years, especially to the "Biggot Brothers" (McDonald, Naismith, Boyd, Robson etc...)

Do you really think they'd have come to us once they knew the Old Firm were interested? We'd have to offer them silly money to even tempt them, which wouldn't really be a good idea.

Have Hearts ever signed players from other SPL (or equivalent) sides on a regular basis?

Do you really think they'd have come to us once they knew the Old Firm were interested? We'd have to offer them silly money to even tempt them, which wouldn't really be a good idea.

Have Hearts ever signed players from other SPL (or equivalent) sides on a regular basis?

If they know those two want them they'll hang about in hope, but I was meaning we should've got in there long before they did, the players had been doing well for a good 2/3 seasons before they got their moves, that's when we should've got in there. There's a few good prospects about at the moment and you get the feeling if they keep on doing well, the "Biggot Bros" 'll be sniffing about again, Mark Reynolds in that respect springs to mind, just get peed off when they go to those two when we should be trying to get them.

scott_jambo

------------Brown

O Dea---Kennedy---Balde---Wilson

Naismith--Gow---Adam---Riordan

---Killen---Boyd--

Here is my SPL Old Firm reject 11.

Every player named in my opinion is within Hearts grasp. Surely one of them is worth a punt! As a team i reckon that would run the Old firm quite close to the title!

Didnt do Colquhoun any harm. Bet you wish we had Mahe and not Neilson too.

scott_jambo

Oh yeah, my point was that we shouldnt be afraid to buy players that didnt make it at the old firm as they probably didnt get a real chance there.

Would also like to say that Gavin Rae moved to Cardiff for 250k and became a success there. Took over the captaincy at one point and played in a FA cup final. Would of been easy pickings for Hearts if we got him early enough.

Archived